Savannah Chop House
32441 Golden Lantern
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Savannah Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savannahchophouse.net/
- Phone: 9494937107x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Manny Velasco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music in our fireplace bar and lounge six nights a week !!
Brian Young Blues Thurs/Friday
Magic Sundays!!! Enjoy table side magic from 5:30-8pm.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR SEVEN DAYS A WEEK!
ALL DAY ON SUNDAYS AND MONDAYS!
WATCH YOUR GAME HERE!
Entrees perfectly seasoned, perfectly sized, and perfectly priced at only $10. Available Sunday through Thursday all night; Friday and Saturday from 5-6:30 pm.
PRIME RIB SUNDAYS/MONDAYS:
3-Course Prime Rib Dinner for only $29.95
WINE WEDNESDAY-Free corkage with purchase of regularly priced entree.
TAPAS THURSDAY- Enjoy $7 Tapasand $10 Entrees!!
SUNDAY MAGIC!! Featuring table-side magic by John George - 5:30-8 pm
DAILY HAPPY HOUR - 4:30 - 7pm
A word from Savannah Chop House
Savannah Steak and Chop House serves Classic American Cuisine with Southern Hospitality. Offers an extensive menu of steaks, chops, and seafood with a California twist. The warm, clubhouse décor features dark wood, overstuffed booths, soft lighting and stone fireplaces. The fireplace bar and lounge is a great spot to indulge in a perfectly crafted martini, single-malt scotch, or glass of wine. Enjoy live music seven nights a week and table-side magic on Sundays. Savannah’s ‘private dining room’ has a warm ambiance, with its own fireplace, creating an intimate gathering place for up to 60 people. Our 100 seat Sunset Terrace, with fire pit and distant ocean view, is also available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savannah Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (32)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Still a classic!Foodapprci8torsVIPDined on 10/12/2014Once again great comfort food. The surf and turf is a great deal! The jalapeño mashed are amazing. And the service is top notch. Never wanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HazelDined on 10/11/2014We went there to celebrate an Anniversary and even indicated so in our reservation. We requested a nice booth, there were four of us…We ended up in the "overflow" room, did not have same ambiance or feel of the restaurant. The food was just okay (prime rib was overcooked), and I found many of the steak items overpriced. For instance a $45 dollar New York strip? Also found your corkage at $20 on the high end. I have gone there with a golfing group for happy hour in the bar and have liked it…not sure I will go back to the restaurant. On the other hand, the service was good, both the regular waitress and her trainee. Only checked "special occasion" as it forced me to choose one…and that was the plan…did not work out that way.Special Features:
- superlativeDined on 10/9/2014Food & service are always excellent. This is our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialoccasiondiningDined on 10/6/2014It was our wedding anniversary.....food was really good....kind of pricey....but worth it. And great, professional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiancemisconyDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our dinners, though my husband said his lobster on the special surf and turf was not that good. Ambiance and service make for a great place to celebrate.Special Features:
- DOUGHBOYDined on 9/30/2014Savannah is always a special occasion for us. We love the food and service. Personnel is friendly and competent and knows me by name! Only complaint--always have to ask to turn the volume of the music DOWN!Special Features:
- Will return in the futureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Service was great. You are definitely not rushed, so some may think it is too slow, but we found it very enjoyable. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- GREAT PRICE AND GOOD FOODGEMMELSDined on 9/27/2014SAVANNAH'S CHOP HOUSE IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE. ITS A GREAT VALUE FOR THE FOOD AND DRINKS!Special Features:
- Water bad/cocktails badJulieDined on 9/27/2014Sent drinks back had to buy bottled had to buy water for cocktails. @$8.00. Soda gun cross mixes so everything tasts like 7up/tonic Wait staff filled cocktail glass with water. Been many times not going again as same thing happened last time.Special Features:
- Serenity09Dined on 9/26/2014Mediocre food for the cost. The service and ambience befitted the occasion, as it was my mom's birthday. However, their cuisine needs serious revamping.Special Features:
- Service horribleCadreDined on 9/22/2014The food was ok but the service was horrible. We sat at 620pm and did not get our salads until 7. Our dinner arrived almost 30 minutes later and when it came time for the check, their computers were not working. I had to pay cash or stay until they were fixed.
- BillDined on 9/13/2014We moved to the area 4 months ago. My new favorite restuarant in my neighborhood!!!Special Features:
- Great for Romance/Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014The food is upscale, yet not over priced. It is a place you can go for special occasions, but also for romantic dates. I have never been disappointed with the food and service. If I had to complain about one thing is that their dessert menu should include more options ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savannah Chop HouseRogerDined on 9/6/2014Nice place... a little hard to find...nice atmosphere, good food, very good service.Special Features:
- Updated ClassicRB3FoodieDined on 9/5/2014Old school and new American, fantastic classic dishes executed very well--with ingredient focused upgrades not to mention great people watching! My new local spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre/unjustified pricesAvidDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was a little slow. It appeared that the servers had too many tables. Server failed to ask me the temperature for my meat and it was served extremely well done. I had no alternative but to send it back. Food and portions were average. Nothing stood out. There are too many steak houses that are consistent for one to be so mediocre. I will stick with The Palm, Flemings, Ruth's Chris and Mastro's. No need to return here with so many superior choices.
- Service needs to be betterAnitaDined on 8/30/2014It was my mom's 70th birthday and she wanted seafood. So we decided to take her to Savanna chop house. Our server Ann was not friendly at all. Never smiled, and just made you feel like she didn't want to be there. The food was good, but there are plenty of restaurants, that have good food, and good service. For the amount of money we spent that night, and they forgot my mom's birthday, we won't be back.Special Features:
- Just Perfect!DanaPointFoodieDined on 8/29/2014I had a reservation for three people for my husband's birthday. The first thing the Hostess said to us (after she got our name) was Happy Birthday! So I knew right from the start thing's were going to go well. Our server was so attentive and gave us great reccomendations and they were all so good and we were not disappointed. They brought out a chocolate mousse for my husband's birthday at the very end and it was perfect. Dinner plans went very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingMarkNLu0304Dined on 8/25/2014We are repeat customers who have been here a number if times. This time we joined another couple and tried the "$20" special and were unhappy with both the quality and quantity of the food. My Pork Osso Bucco" was small in size and good in taste but could have been better. The Calamari Salad was just some arugula and a small patty of Calamari. My wife had the Barramundi Bass and while good in size and taste, it was just the fish with nothing else on the plate. We had tried the perfect 10 in the past which is good for a light meal but this special wasn't special or worth it. Our friends had the Surf and Turf special and one came out ok, the other was wrong and we waited 10 minutes for his , and sadly I am sorry I didn't send mine back!Special Features:
- EnjoyableNaranjaVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a nice dinner with a special of steak and crablegs which were terrific. The drinks from the bar are excellent. The service was excellent and we never were rushed.Special Features:
- And for your carbohydrate....SpecialOccasionfolksDined on 8/18/2014we really like Savannah Chop House. The food is always reliably good and with new twists. But instead of just asking which sides we prefer (cheese mashed potatoes, garlic mashed, etc.), the server asked us "and which carbohydrate do you prefer on the side?. It came off a little pretentious. Go back to just asking which side we prefer, please. But we will go back next occasion.Special Features:
- CasualFoodieCasualFoodieDined on 8/17/2014We dined outdoors and enjoyed the ambiance and the view. We thought the salads (mixed greens and Caesar) and bread were outstanding. We had the Sunday-Monday prime rib special. I thought that the prime rib was over-done for how I ordered it, but it was returned to the kitchen without any fuss. A new piece came back that looked very similar to the one that came the first time. Rather than send it back again and have the rest of the dining party wait for me even longer, I ate it anyway. I thought it tasted bland and would have benefitted from some salt and pepper; however, there was none on the table. The desserts were fabulous (peach cobbler, shortcake in a glass, and flourless chocolate cake).Special Features:
- BillyBobDined on 8/16/2014Great place, all good and a pleasurable experience.. We were seated promptly and courteously, Hostess was friendly and accommodating. Food was great especially the Lobster Benet appetizer, I commented that I couldn't find anything objectionable! Server, Morgen,( yes, spelled correctly) was more than could be expected. I would request her again and table # 77Special Features:
- averagebethDined on 8/14/2014Nice place with interesting menu but the food was just good, nothing more than that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, needs ACFoodLoverDined on 8/9/2014Our server Jeanette was wonderful and very prompt. Food was fantastic as well! The only downside was the dining room temperature, my fiancé and I were sweating the entire meal, and couldn't wait to get outside again. It was very hot in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbeachbabyDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the food here! Everything from apps, salads, to entrees were delicious and presented beautifully. We were staying nearby and happy to find this place right in our neighborhood. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpus001Dined on 8/8/2014Our server Anne, absolutely the best , everything from the water to desert was timely and not over done . The food was cooked exactly how we ordered it , we had time to talk in between courses. I had read the reviews and was somewhat apprehensive but it turned out to be a wonderful experience , I will be going back and definitely would re commend the Savannah Chop House .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014We have been coming to Savannah's for years. The food has always been excellent and we are glad they made it through the very difficult recession years. They have been creative with their offerings so that we could enjoy great food at a reasonable price. Last night we had such great service. I really felt appreciated by everyone.Special Features:
- Love It!NaranjaVIPDined on 7/28/2014My favorite short-ribs! Honestly, they are so good, I'm hesitant to order them anywhere else. We go here probably once a month and it never disappoints. The drinks are really good. . . great bartender.Special Features:
- Much better than I remembered!Liz59VIPDined on 7/25/2014Although we have lived very close to this restaurant for more than 11 years, we have only been here three times, including this last visit. Once was for my son's 10th birthday; once was for my husband's 55th birthday; and this last time was just because it was too hot to cook. My husband and I each had the 10 oz. prime rib with baked potato; my daughter had the HUGE Chicken Marsala; and my son had the flat iron steak with the jalapeno crusted cheddar mashed potatoes. All were absolutely delicious. We had fresh oysters as an appetizer with a Granny Smith apple topping - fantastic. Their fresh bread is incredible, very fresh and piping hot. The service was very attentive and polite. All in all, a very enjoyable summer Friday evening!Special Features:
- Nice experience once againnocorkagefeeDined on 7/23/2014Our waiter was Chris Burke and was a delight and very attentive. He knew when to show up and when to be patient. Our meal was excellent as always and the no corkage Wednesday idea, which is new, is a hit with us as locals. We have always felt that a restaurant should offer no corkage or a very minimal corkage fee to locals or long time regulars. Very innovative restaurant with Perfect 10, fantastic bar happy hour and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant!superlativeDined on 7/22/2014We love Savannah's - great food, great prices, friendly staff and love the ambience and live music in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Savannah Chop House!CokienEttaDined on 7/18/2014I was there with a long-time friend for her birthday. We both had the surf & turf special, and both enjoyed our dinners. Our server, Chris, was very attentive and had a great sense of humor and was very patient and helpful. We really like this restaurant because the food is consistently good and so it the wait service. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- scagsDined on 7/16/2014Outstanding service, excellent food , delightful surroundings,Special Features:
- Lekker4kosDined on 7/15/2014We have only eaten their for dinners. We love this restaurant and go back time and time again. I would recommend it to anyone who loves good foodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We have been looking for a nice restaurant for prime rib for some time. Very hard to find these days. The cream of asparagus soup was perfect. The $13 lamb chops were the proper portion size and a great value. I would have enjoyed a more robust martini menu, but other than that, I would return. The magician was very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not the greatestJerryDined on 7/12/2014Server was personable, but didn't check to see if we wanted dessert and the ice tea refill wasn't offered until we were pretty much done with our meal.Special Features:
- Great food, but super quietOc2005Dined on 7/11/2014It was a girls night and we wanted to stay close to home. We decided on SCH based on the reviews. The food, service was excellent. But the restaurant was dead on a friday night. Besides us, there was only one more table. That took away from a buzzing and happening ambiance. Will go back, but not for a girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLuv2eatoutDined on 7/8/2014Nice dining experience. Sat outside in patio area - nice view and fairly quiet. Food was good and beautifully presented. Service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating at Savannah Chop HouseAugustine25Dined on 7/5/2014This weekend was the first time we have been at Savannah Chop House even though we have lived in Laguna Niguel since 2003. We went there because it is always mentioned on the local smooth jazz station KSBR and wanted to check it out. The coconut mahi mahi and flourless chocolate cake were excellent. I was surprised to see only one pork chop dish on the menu. It is really more of a steak and seafood place than I was expecting from their name. We would like to go there again tonight.Special Features: