10205 Gravois Road
St. Louis, MO 63123Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.samssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3148493033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm We will be open Christmas Eve from 4:00pm - 9:00pm. Advance reservations are suggested.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bobby Rattanavong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: New in 2006. Have your party at work or home. We offer a variety of catering packages, from full meals to appetizers.
- Private Party Facilities: Sam's Steakhouse offers both private & semi-private banquet rooms. Holiday availability is booking quickly. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Nickles 3148493033
- Entertainment: Piano player Friday and Saturday nights from 7-11.
- Special Events: We have private rooms that accommodate from 35-100 people.
A word from Sam's Steakhouse
Sam's Steakhouse is a hidden gem in St. Louis. We offer amazing steaks, wines to compliment any palate, desserts to appease any sweet tooth & top notch service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sam's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Affton ›
Sam's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always consistentRichieRichVIPDined on 10/16/2014Sam's is always consistently good. It features traditional steakhouse fare. I was disappointed in the creamed spinach (it was too cheesy for my taste), but otherwise the food was good. The filet Oscar was done perfectly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014Things were good. My husband 's steak was great and mine was ok. It was really chilly and people were complaining about it.Special Features:
- bad fishdinerDined on 10/14/2014Wait staff was good, my 8oz filet was great. The mahi mahi my mother had was not good. not prepared correctly and did not finish meal
- Memorable 1st Wedding AnniversarySh4wn38Dined on 10/13/2014Sam's steakhouse made my wife's whole year it was the most outstanding dining experience we've had thus far...one of our favorite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for steaks seafood and wineBallwinDined on 10/12/2014I have been to SAMs many times and always leave happy ! Just a dinner out or a special occasion very nice place and great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!ScotsmanDined on 10/11/2014I read reviews that ran the gamut but decided to take a chance. I'm so glad I did. One of the best steaks I have had and thanks to our waiter Sam (no not the owner), the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Horrible dining experience!Donotdineoften4Dined on 10/11/2014Good was served rare when asked for medium well. Sent it back twice. Then they ended up putting sauce on it when they finally got the temperature right and we specifically asked NO sauce.Special Features:
- Always deliciousAnnMDined on 10/10/2014Sams steakhouse is always delicious I wouldn't consider them to be expensive based on the service and quality of food you get! We go for our anniversary every year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnertennisVIPDined on 10/7/2014Dinner was good as always. Really like that dinner is not a la carte. Do miss the medalions of beef on the menu. Loved our server Sam although service was slow and the restaurant was not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRedracerDined on 10/4/2014From the moment we arrived we were treated with great wait staff and buss help It made our anniversary special Chris was a wonderful waiter and made our experience memorableSpecial Features:
- First timersKitchDined on 10/3/2014Wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Sam's. We ate in the bar, and had a great time.....food was superb, and the service was excellent......we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBuddVIPDined on 10/2/2014As usual the food was excellent. Steaks were done to perfection. Wine went well with the meal. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sam'sannaDined on 10/1/2014Steak was outstanding - service great! wouldn't change a thing. would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had a great waiter it was our first time at the restaurant and Chris was great. He recommend chicken soup my husband really enjoyed the soup. He also recommend us Louisiana shrimp and said it willingness be really good if we would dip the bread in the sauce excellent. Finally the entrée I had the salmon with steak sauce delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsmab531Dined on 9/27/2014We have gone to Sam's Steakhouse for many years, and every visit is 'special'. Great for the steaklover in you. Their house special rice wine & vinaigrette salad dressing is one of my favorites. Resin baked potatoes are puffy and gigantic. Dry aged fillet is always a treat. Dress code is anywhere from dress casual to evening gown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!PBTackDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I have been coming to Sam's Steakhouse for about 6 years now; since moving here to St Louis area and discovering it. We attend for special occasions and have never once had a bad experience!! The staff is absolutely amazing and the food, well, words cannot describe it! The food is fabulous!! Thank you, Sam's Steakhouse, for making yet another anniversary memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningTriwoodsManDined on 9/26/2014Food is excellent at Sam's Steak House. All of the service people are friendly. Unfortunately e cannot afford to dine there too often because of the high price of the food. But we eat there two or three times a year on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam's slamsSaintLouisRickDined on 9/25/2014Sam's steakhouse was GREAT. The filet was tender, and cooked to perfection. Good bread. Large sides. The salad was so/so; the mayfair dressing was delicious. I had garlic mashed potatoes, and partner had the green beans. they were served in "boats", perhaps "ships'. Live entertainment on a Thursday night was good, well balanced sound, not loud. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Very disappointeddineOutOftenDined on 9/24/2014Used to visit every 3 months-hadn't been in a year. Disappointed-probably not return. Diner1=prime rib. Consistency of sirloin not smooth texture expected, & somewhat tough-sinewy-grilled. Menu & waiter didn't say grilled; expected roast. Diner2=Delmonico rib eye. OK not great or bad but by chance waiter mentioned to diner1 that rib eye was grilled with same Cajun season used on Louisiana shrimp appetizer. Cajun Delmonico? Menu didn't mention Cajun-diner2 doesn't like-could have been very bad. Waiter mentioned steak & prime could be done with house steak sauce. Tried it. Both dishes drenched in sauce-completely overpowered flavor of meat. Creamed spinach was like spinach soup. Waiter rather inattentive-and it was very slow nite.
- quality customer service neededZappadueDined on 9/20/2014I had a Restaurant.com coupon for $25 off a purchase of $37.50..This is the only reason we went to Sam's that night. I get there and the waitor advised me they are not taking the coupons from this business any longer. Then I found a coupon from my Entertainment Book for $20 off but was not valid on Saturday's..The waitor could have worked with me in some way, even a comp on a drink or desert would have been better customer service than just leaving us all hanging and not caring at all. It sure would have been nice to have known that Sam's was not taking coupons. Maybe post information on your website so others would know about your strict coupon rules.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambiencepmktdkDined on 9/20/2014We really like Sam's and it is less noisy than so many restaurants today. However, for me, I would appreciate it if the overall style of the restaurant was updated. The furnishings, style seem so out of date, not fresh and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Excellent FoodtugmarinerDined on 9/19/2014We arrived 10 minutes early and were promptly seated. The wait staff is very attentive and informative, yet not pushy. They succeed at providing a personal touch to the experience. We both had a filet with jumbo shrimp and Louisiana sauce. Although we were expecting the sauce to be spicy it wasn't but it was very flavorful. The filet was almost 3 inches thick and cooked perfectly. I also had grilled asparagus, it too was cooked perfectly, crisp and tender. Excellent experience overall.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014My girlfriend and I go here regularly. They put something on the steaks that we love. You can ask for them not to, but you should try it. Sit in the bar area and listen to the piano. Ask for Greg, but the blonde female bartender is awesome too - sorry I forgot your name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great for small group of two to three couples to cpshare a great meal with excellent service. Ask for a table in the front portion of the facility. The rear feels like a banquet room without much ambiance.Special Features:
- consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Sam's is an icon in south St. Louis County. It I consistently good and a name that always comes up for celebrating special occasions.Special Features:
- The best ravioli ever.KatekloDined on 9/4/2014The appetizer sampler was encouraged and I'm actually glad we ordered it. Each item was delicious: toasted ravioli, fried artichoke hearts, mini crab cakes, and shrimp Louisiana. We each ordered the 8 oz. Tenderloin fillet. The meat was melt in your mouth tender, BUT it was drenched in Andria's Steak Sauce. If I'm paying $35 for a steak I want to taste the steak, not the steak sauce. Our waiter was friendly, but he was also not polite. My companion stuttered a little and the waiter mimicked the sound he made. I said, "Yes, a little" when asked if I wanted freshly ground pepper on my salad. The waiter did an exaggerated short twist of the pepper mill. Other customers seemed to be his regulars. One gave him a hug.
- why make reservations?disappointeddinerDined on 8/31/2014Dinner was to be a special occasion. We made reservations, we dressed up, we wanted a nice quiet dinner. We were seated in the bar with the loud drinkers and large families. Service was poor with one server to 30 diners. Very poor planning on management's part. Very disappointing experience. If I want to spend over $100 on dinner it will not be at Sam's again.
- everything was greatferrellDined on 8/29/2014We brought our niece for her 18th birthday and we enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced, terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I took my wife to Sam's Steakhouse for our anniversary dinner. We started the night with 2 drinks and an appetizer. I was less than pleased with the amount of food on a $13.00 appetizer that was just fried food. My wife and I were patiently awaiting our steak thinking it would be top notch at almost $40.00 a steak. My wife and I were extremely disappointed. Hoping it was the terrible mushrooms that were making the steak taste so bad, we decided to eat it without the mushrooms. After our initial bite, we both just laughed. We couldn't believe we just spent this much money on something that was so bad. After almost a $150.00 bill after tip, we left and decided we could go to Texas Roadhouse for $50.00 and enjoy much better steak.Special Features:
- Dissapointed in saladpattyDined on 8/28/2014Our entree was delicious as usual. We love Sam's for our special dinners. We celebrate friends' Birthdays every year there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutDined on 8/27/2014Very nice décor. atmosphere elegant. a nice birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great find. Enjoyed the dining experience. My filet was both tasty and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrewKarenDined on 8/16/2014Best steaks and service in town!! We frequent Sam's because it has the best service and the best steaks in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samsmommytwiceDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I went to Sam's Steak Hose for our anniversary dinner on 8/12/14 and were very pleased with the food. There was a table of annoying, loud patrons nearby, which sort of muffled the mood and general ambience, but overall it was a great meal. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW...!!!MutchDined on 8/10/2014Although we had heard great things about Sam's...we had never been there before...but it was our 46'th anniversary so we thought we would try it...We were NOT disappointed... I guess you could describe Sam's as "old world charm"...kinda dark, great china, all the expected stuff... Menu is short...steak, steak and more steak...and my Pepper Filet was as good as any I've ever had...my wife had a tenderloin and she described it as "perfect"... Our waiter, Art, was fantastic...very attentive without being overly so... HIGHLY recommended...Special Features:
- Table for 4BuddVIPDined on 8/7/2014Sam's again lived up to our expectations. The food was excellent, as were the drinks and wine. They have never disappointed us and probably never will. They continue to do a good job of holding the line on menu prices versus rising beef prices.Special Features:
- Steak very good.ssshDined on 8/6/2014Steak was really good. Baked potato was best I have ever had. The salad was delicious as well. Waiter was competent and nice.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceUSARMYVET85Dined on 8/2/2014We picked Sam's steakhouse as a final dinner for my in laws visit from Germany.. And I must say it was the best dining experience I've ever had.. Although it was not well enough lit.. A little brighter would be better.. but that's a minor detail.. The food was absolutely to die for!! Salad, steak, sides!! All were prepared fresh and you could taste it!! The wait staff were kind and curtoius.. The wine selection was supereb!! Although a tad pricy. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I would dine at Sam's Steakhouse again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Birthday DinnerMrandMrsDinoutalotDined on 8/1/2014The shrimp Louisiana appetizer was great! Steaks were not as expected. Cooked as requested, however the quality of meat was not as we had hoped, especially the Delmonico bone-in ribeye. All other food was very good, lobster tail, bread, salads, dessert, etc. We sat in the bar and were able to watch the Cards game and listen to the great piano man, service was fine and as expected, everyone was very nice. Would have been perfect had the steaks been better quality. We still recommend Sam's and will stick with the shrimp and lobster...maybe some fish next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014My wife and I love this restaurant for special occasions! Perfectly cooked and well seasoned steaks!Special Features: