Salty's on Alki Beach
1936 Harbor Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's on Alki Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/seattle
- Phone: 2069371600x
- Hours of Operation:
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturdays 9:30am - 1:30pm; Sundays 8:45am - 1:30pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Friday 4:30pm -9:30pm, Saturday 4:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:30pm; Friday/Saturday - 4:00pm - 11pm; Sunday - 4pm - 10:30pm
HAPPY HOUR DAILY Monday - Friday 3 - 6PM & 9pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paolo Carey-DiGregorio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Name your price and we'll build you a party, a banquet, a private dining event, a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner. Salty's caters your place or ours! Brides rate Salty's with five-star reviews at http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/saltys-on-alki-seattle/5bec7788bdf7ef8c.html.
Please contact us at (206) 937-1085. We look forward to serving you.
- Special Events: Salty's has everything you need to create the perfect party, wedding reception, anniversary, birthday, holiday party or corporate event. Call us today or go to Saltys.com for more.
A word from Salty's on Alki Beach
Located on Elliott Bay with sweeping views of the Seattle skyline, Salty's is "One of the world's great view restaurants," says a local critic. This restaurant wins annual awards for the Nation's Best Sunday brunch, Seattle's best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty's for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live music in the Cafe-Bar Tuesday through Friday. Happy hours daily and late night in the Cafe-Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Salty's on Alki Beach - Best Restaurants in West Seattle/Alki ›
Salty's on Alki Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
453 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (403)special occasion (301)great for brunch (201)great for outdoor dining (181)good for groups (161)romantic (151)fit for foodies (137)neighborhood gem (97)great for lunch (96)kid-friendly (84)hot spot (55)notable wine list (44)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (21)Show More
- Outstanding!angleraceDined on 10/29/2014We had an outstanding dining experience last evening! Every person that we dealt with from the hostess to the manager was helpful, attentive and caring. Chris the manager came around and made sure that everything was as expected. He was awesome and sets a great example for his staff to emulate. We ordered off the Seattle Restaurant Week menu and all three courses were fabulous! Chef Paolo and his staff prepared an outstanding meal with great presentation. Our wait staff were attentive and very personable. It is the best dining view in Seattle. Can't wait to go back again soon!Special Features:
- Always wonderful choice!singingladyDined on 10/28/2014I had dinner for 2days with my family and parents for seattle restaurant week's special menu. "Salty's at Alki" is always wonderful choice for beautiful view,romantic mood, good quality food. And their great service made costumers feel so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Tennessee friends were exstaticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014I am so glad we made rese4rvations. The staff were welcoming and had the perfect table waiting when we arrived. Our out of town friends were so grateful for the view and the experience. Salty's is a favorite for us and it was great fun to treat our guests to an outstanding experience during their visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorganDined on 10/27/2014Went for dinner during Seattle restaurant week, reasonable price , good dinner and great service from our server Adam.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Our server Trace was superb!!!! Hannah at Happy Hour exceptional!! Rebecca at check in FABULOUS!! Thanks for a wonderful evening! We will be back!Special Features:
- Nice but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Great view; but got sat at tables on third tier, still can see view but "it's a ways away" . Food was good but quite pricey for portion size. Service was prompt but not knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The brunch was great no complaints omletts are amazing prime rib was the tops oysters have been better thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Overall a good experience. The food was good, but the lines were not replenished enough so when I went to get something is was out, or slim pickings. A little disappointed with the lack of seafood at a legendary seafood buffet. I do not care for a time limit in that setting, and it was quite obvious when we were getting close to the time because the server quit coming to the table, and we sat there with empty drink cups for the last portion of our meal, which left a bad last impression on our first visit to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went here after hearing raving reviews about it, and having a weekend away from kids! :) The reviews were spot on! The whole experience was great! Your staff found us the best table in the place #93. We are already making a plan to return!Special Features:
- Too crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We were there during the $30 season. We had reservation but still waited 35 minutes. The front staff lack customer service kept telling we are next Four times! and pretended we were not there you know the no eye contact thing. We would have left if it were for me having guests. Food are good view definitely great.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the view, food was goodRuthDined on 10/21/2014Perfect setting for a romantic evening , view was awesome although this time, I brought my 2 kids with us and they also had fun. Food is average for me but we were doing the $30 seattle restaurant week deal. They have awesome kid's menu. The server was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Customer ServicePickyPandaDined on 10/19/2014I requested an outside seating upon arrival, and while most of the heaters outside around the tables have been turned off, the hostess was so willing to find us a nice corner with a gorgeous view of Downtown Seattle. She even brought us blankets! The food is always amazing here. I had the seafood brochette... the salmon was cooked perfectly. Loved it!Special Features:
- Great views, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014They were clearly trying very hard with very friendly servers, but food over salted, little flavor. Definitely not worth the price. The view is great though.Special Features:
- David DahlstromGreatExpectations2Dined on 10/19/2014I have taken guests and family to this Salty's location for dinner and Sunday brunch many times. However, after this last visit, I doubt that there will be a next. I was very disappointed and Salty's truly let me down on a very important occasion. I made reservations in a very timely way and made a special seating and service request to befit the momentous occasion. However, the hostess and wait staff could appeared to care less. The seating that was provided, even after expressing my displeasure with the initial seating location offered, was not to my expectation or as requested, and all I received from the staff were pale excuses and an arrogant "I don't care" attitude. The service was non attentive/sporadic.Special Features:
- First time patrons from Philly.Tomlite46Dined on 10/18/2014Food was OK - Service was better. Too much salt. Missed the veggie that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great food and great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We showed up early for our reservations but they had a mini breakfast buffet for waiting guests with coffee and pastries, which I thought was really nice. The food laid out at the brunch buffet was brilliantly displayed like art. They looked too good to eat. The oysters and crab legs were fresh and memorable. I loved the build-your-own stations for Pasta, Omelet, Crepe, and Bloody Mary. The view was the excellent.Special Features:
- bigdutchbenVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great to bring overseas clients. Spectacular view of SEATTLE SKYLINE, FOOD is always very good to excellent. Friendly and knowledgeable service from the moment you give the Keyes of your car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot but not impressedKikiDined on 10/16/2014The menu was way overpriced, the service was lacking and the food was ok but definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- Seafood galoreFoodiewannabeDined on 10/13/2014Delicious for seafood lovers and meat eaters alike. A range of fresh and in season dishes created using sustainable farming practices- all around a good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatGrooDined on 10/12/2014We were visiting Seattle and looked up places for dining. I selected Salty's for their brunch and was NOT disappointed. It is quite busy so reservations are very helpful. We had to wait about 25 minutes even with a reservation, but the wait was worth it. We were provided a window table and the view of Seattle from there is fabulous...even on a cloudy day. The array of food items was stunning and tasty. I did not have to eat the rest of the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal brunch w/ downtown viewragchildVIPDined on 10/12/2014This place has a phenomenal brunch, buffet style, which has EVERYTHING under the sun. Want a Benedict and some crab legs? Got it! The service is also impeccable.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerWestSeattleliteDined on 10/10/2014Booked this local gem for our wedding anniversary. Have always wanted to go but wanted to wait for special occasion since it's on the pricey end. Complimentary valet was nice. We checked in early but they waited a little bit for the HH crowd to leave as we reserved dinner. Everyone greeted us with out special day. We got one if their best views of the city. Our server Suzanne was amazing. Food was delicious & visually enticing. They surprised us with a slice of raspberry vanilla cake. It was so good and light! The whole experience was wonderful and we felt special even though the place was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular View Lackluster FooodGiGiDined on 10/9/2014Called to notify hostess I was on my way 10 minutes away; she gave such attitude as to when I would be there. Upon arrival, dining room was nearly empty. This was the beginning of not so good service. Great view but food was lacking in quality. Server was over the top. Had to ask for drinks then told we never ordered them, he said he didn't write any drink orders. He realized he did, after challenging us. Told we would receive free desserts per "VIP" phone call. We were charged. The view can't be beat, but the quality of food and service needs to step up its game.Special Features:
- Dining with Seattle SkylineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Once again, a marvelous Alaskan halibut paired with a clear view of the skyscrapers and sparkling water of the bay.You must try the seafood chowder as there is nothing like it anywhere else in the city. Be sure you have some Hogue Chardonnay with your fresh fish delight.Special Features:
- Great food, overwhelmed serverSEADinerDined on 10/5/2014Stunning view. Great food but a bit over priced. Waitress was trying hard but was overwhelmed and had to be asked multiple times for several things and any time we needed anything we had to flag her down and not her coming to ask if we needed anything. Still a wonderful dinner with out of town family but better service would have made it a more enjoyable throughout the whole dinner.Special Features:
- What a view!EntrecoteDined on 10/5/2014The hostess was kind and gave us a quiet table by the window. We were there until after dark and the view alone is worth going for!! The food was very good, although the Kobe burger was actually too big. I had to take it apart in order to eat it - there was no way I could get it in my mouth. The fries were excellent. My husband had the Caesar salad with anchovies and he was delighted to see so many of those little fish. He said they were delicious. We skipped dessert because we were all too full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was meh...NickDined on 10/5/2014We have had some fair experiences with Saltys in the past, but this time the food left us underwhelmed. Not poor, but nothing to write home about. We had a reservation for 6:15. We were sat at 6:45. We were first greeted after being sat about 8 minutes later, so we put in our food and drink orders immediately. Our entrees came about 35 minutes later. Granted, it was fairly busy. Views of downtown and water here are always nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!cherclarDined on 10/5/2014Between the excellent & friendly service, the wonderful view & anything you could hope to find at a five star brunch...VERY impressive to say the least!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is not good for large groupsSeattlelocalDined on 10/5/2014We went to Salty's for the Sunday brunch with a group of 11 people. We received a phone call from Salty's about an hour before we arrived informing us that large groups are required to sit downstairs in the Alki room, rather than in the dining room where the buffet is located. This means everyone in our party had to climb up and down a flight of stairs to reach the buffet. One of the kids in our group dropped a plate full of food on the stairs and my 78 year old father was not able to go up and down. The Alki room feels like a basement and is not nearly as pleasant as the dining room upstairs. Not worth $49/person.; we did not have the same experience as those in the dining room. Food was fine but notable only due to sheer volume.Special Features:
- Dining at Salty'sBirthdayGirlDined on 10/5/2014As usual, the food was very good and lines were not as long. I love the display of food and beverages in the waiting room (what a great addition!) Although my friend who had allergies did not make it, I love that Salty's received the update and was mindful of it. Our waiter was very chipper and detailed ALL the information about Salty's specials and dining experience for the newbies, but he did say a bit more than we liked and it really cut a little into our dining time. We would recommend waiters/waitresses to say the minimum since customers are requested to keep within the 1.5 hr dining time. Otherwise, the dining experience was fantastic and food was delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing views, amazing brunch!!vannamarieDined on 10/5/2014We went to Salty's for brunch when my mother-in-law was in town and it was fantastic! We were seated at a table right by the window overlooking the water (which were the best seats in the house - unless you are outside :) ). They had something for everyone's taste - delicious seafood with all the accoutrements, awesome prime rib, made-to-order omelets, crepes, and pasta, and even a chocolate fondue fountain! There were many things in addition to this that were wonderful as well. It's a little pricey for brunch, which is the only thing keeping me from coming back every weekend. But, it is well worth the visit!Special Features:
- Great view, everything else OK.GreenCurryFetishistDined on 10/4/2014View is amazing, food is average. Atmosphere was like at a children's birthday party - many colorful balloons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good. Would Repeat.LittleAmyDined on 10/4/2014The food was good, the service was very good but a little disappointed in the menu overall. A lot of East Coast seafood dishes. Hoping for more local choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday's Brunch is Awesome!AChitownDivaDined on 10/4/2014This location is excellent for large groups and offers a wide array of items to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80th Birthday Party CelebrationNancyDined on 10/4/201480th Birthday celebration - along with a wedding & (3) other major parties - it was a busy, busy day. At least Salty's was smart enough to have valet parking, instead of everyone going crazy trying to park somewhere/anywhere! Excellent selection of food and it was all well prepared.Special Features:
- Wonderful Saturday BrunchLM63Dined on 10/4/2014Thank you for a wonderful brunch. Food was excellent. Variety satisfied everyone in my party. The service was perfect. We LOVED the doughnuts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We knew it was going to be pricey and the food was good. ..but not 164.00 good. For two people. I'm left with a horrible feeling of regret more than anything else about the experience. If we go back it will only be for happy hour. I didn't know you couldn't take advantage of the happy hour prices inside. Beautiful view though. But you definitely pay for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Our out-of-town guests throroughly enjoyed the location and dinner. We appreciated accommodating us at a window table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014wife and my 3 month old baby had dinner. great place. we are going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerhappydinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014We brought our out of town guests to our favorite weekend brunch. Our guests thought that it was the best brunch that they have attended. Kudos to Salty's! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.