Sacks Cafe and Restaurant
328 G Street
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sacks Cafe and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sackscafe.com/
- Phone: 9072744022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10 am to 2:30 pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30 pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Adkison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sacks is available for off site catering. Please see our web site for our catering menu. Sacks is also avaiable for private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant may be rented out for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Jo Ann 9072763548
A word from Sacks Cafe and Restaurant
Consistently adventurous food built with top-notch ingredients makes Sacks a welcome oasis. Locals love lunch, brunch & dinner at Sacks. Our creative chefs are always cooking up tasty fare for our guests enjoyment. Wine Spectator award list. Treat yourself to the New Alaska.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sacks Cafe and Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Sacks Cafe and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (49)great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (39)romantic (29)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Another great dinner at SacksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Sacks. Food was great. The service was particularly good on this occasion. It's one of my regular go-to spots.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014My guests were a couple from out of town and we all totally enjoyed our lunch. Best cod in town, excellent curry chicken and although I didn't have any of the chilly, it looked wonderful. Service was excellent. We sat in the front window and it was really nice. Love the art on the walls too!Special Features:
- Reservation means what??SealacDined on 10/19/2014When we arrived,there were no tables available in the restaurant--had to sit at a high table in the bar. Manager avoided us--was chatting with every other table. A visit with an apology would have meant a lot.Special Features:
- Glad we wentDines4funDined on 10/18/20149 out of 10 times this restaurant hits the mark for great food and atmosphere! If you have the occasional noisy crowd, bad service, or subpar meal, give it another chance! Once again we had a great time on a very busy PAC event night!Special Features:
- Loved itGearDined on 10/15/2014Every time I go to sacks u wonder why I don't go more often. Thanks for making it easy. The peanut butter chocolate Burnt cream was decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteGlutenFreeStyleAlaskaDined on 10/14/2014Always lovely food, attention to gluten-free detail (they get it), the wait staff are professional, knowledgeable, and they can tweak most entrees to meet dietary restrictions. A favorite place among friends, family, business colleagues, for brunch, lunch or dinner, before a show at the PAC, a special occasion, romantic evening, or just becauseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingAKPineappleDined on 10/10/2014Since this visit I have been raving about it. My daughter and I ordered different salads and entrees so we could share. I'm so glad we did. She ordered the Pear salad and Filet of Beef; I ordered the Beet & Barley salad and Chicken Risotto. All items were delicious. My Chicken Risotto was the best chicken dish I have ever eaten in my life-the chicken was so perfectly cooked it literally melted in my mouth. The service was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- A regular customerStretch47Dined on 10/10/2014I always enjoy the place and the staff is extremely good and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food as Usualsjr3VIPDined on 10/6/2014As usual the food was very good…fresh and very tasty. I had the halibut while my dining companions order the salmon. We were all very satisfied.Special Features:
- Off Season delightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014We were up in Anchorage for business and Sacks was recommended by a local coworker. Wonderful food, quiet, relaxing, and great service. Granted, it was after the summer rush, so it was nice to find a good quality restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!GouldDined on 10/4/2014The service was nothing but the best. The food was memorable. And the atmosphere was laid back. Thank you!! Definitely a new fave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant!KandMLoveSacksDined on 9/27/2014Sacks came through with a wonderful dining experience for our anniversary. I chose the beef filet which was perfectly cooked and accompanied by wilted spinach, glazed Portobello mushrooms, and potato croquettes. My husband chose the halibut, which arrived perfectly cooked and delicious! The chef took great pride in presentation and excellence. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu items, friendly, prompt, and very professional without losing the ease of a pleasant conversational exchange. My husband and I asked for a wine recommendation and were treated to a delicious, robust, Italian Red. Full bodied, yet silky enough to complement my filet of beef without overpowering the halibut. And, they oysters! wow! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant for date nights. They took great care of us as we shared some parts of the meal they always brought out 2 utensils without us asking.Special Features:
- delicous as alwaysWinterdaughterVIPDined on 9/23/2014We love to have lunch here! Our waiter this time was really good-tried a lot of wines to find one I liked. My crab cakes were awesome with green chili polenta-delciousSpecial Features:
- DisappointingCrazy1973Dined on 9/19/2014I usually love Sacks. My parents were in town and I felt it was a no brainer to dine there. Unfortunately, our experience was not good. Our waiter was totally inept. I am a server myself, and always give people the benefit of the doubt but this guy was terrible. We sat for 45 minutes with no salad and then he asked me if we would like our salads. The halibut was overcooked and my gnocchi was inedible. I won't be back any time soon.
- Great Menu fantastic find!LaTribu5Dined on 9/15/2014The restaurant is small with friendly knowledgeable staff. Went twice in three days! Amazing fish selection, local oysters were a hit! Great to find a fresh approach to food preparation. Flavor and ingredient combinations were thoughtful and well executed. Sauces are not overwhelming and too busy. Just the right amount of ingredient mix to complement the main food item. Only complaint- bread- should be served with a little "warmth" to it. Busy -make a reservation!Special Features:
- Always deliciousDebb01Dined on 9/14/2014This is my favorite brunch spot in the whole city. I recommend the Migas! Yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodCFKBayDined on 9/12/2014Sacks consistently serves delicious meals. I have been eating there every time I am in town for several years and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jopataDined on 9/11/2014Their chef went out of his way to create a great kale dish as a side to my crab cakes instead of the polenta. Not an after thought that was thrown together, but a composed dish that enchanced the meal. I really appreciated his effort and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceA2andyDined on 9/10/2014We were the "difficult customers" with reservations for 3, showed up with 2 and were later joined by 2 more. The Sacks staff were more than patient and accommodating. The food was great - the salmon tempura roll appetizer was unique and tasty, the fish was prepared well and well paired with sides. Also, the PB&J ice cream was awesome. Based on the 4 things we ordered, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014The waiter was not attentive and then forgot to order my wife's dinner. He brought mine out alone and then said. "oh what did you order again maam? I'll get that started. ". My seafood pasta was drenched in sauce like a soup at the bottom of my bowl when I finished. The sushi and crab apps were good.
- Another Excellent Experience7KCABDined on 8/31/2014Once again our group chose Sacks for Sunday Brunch. We had our usual excellent experience. What a great way to enjoy the weekend. Always great. Thanks again Sacks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive And not so prettyLaurentDined on 8/27/2014102$ for one beer, king crab And halibut. We have had to wait more than an jour before having our meals When we left, no Thanks or goodbye ! Not very friendly, very busy and noisy
- Nice MenuFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed the menu and the wine list. Not a particularly romantic spot, but after all it is Anchorage, not Paris. I was disappointed that they were out of clams to fill out my MARISCADA dish. And, I wanted amaretto along with my desert and there was none to be found. I was a little surprised to find a good restaurant had none available. But, it is worth a look and remember it is Anchorage and not Paris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFinickydinerDined on 8/17/2014Late in the day we needed a good restaurant for dinner. This small restaurant was perfect. The staff was friendly and efficient. We had the halibut curry which was a little spicy but quite delicious.
- Never FailsUK2AKDined on 8/16/2014We've been here a few times and it has never failed. The food is DELICIOUS. My wife dithered between having Duck or Risotto. She went for duck and it was SO tasty. I had the Prawn linguini. The pasta was up there with the best I have ever tasted. The prawns? I think prawns always look a lot more tasty than they are. Usually quite tasteless. This dish was excellent but I wonder what they could do by converting it into a full blown seafood linguini (clams, fish, mussels etc.). Waitress was super nice and knowledgable. Oh yes, the dessert we shared was perfect. I forget what it was called but it was like a sponge thing with cream and (by special request) ice cream. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLONDE FOXBlondFoxDined on 8/15/2014THE FOOD WAS MODERATE AT BEST. THE PERSON SEATING US WAS RUDE AND UNCOMPROMISING. THIS SUPPOSEDLY UPSCALE RESTAURANT ONLY SERVES WINE AND BEER.WE COMPLAINED TO THE OWNER ABOUT THE RUDENESS SHOWN TO US UPON BEING SEATED, AND HE RESPONDED REPEATEDLY WITH....BUT HOW WAS YOUR DINNER?... I WILL NEVER BE BACK AND I WILL ADVISE ANYONE GOING TO ANCHORAGE TO AVOID THIS PLACE !! WHAT A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE IS AN OTHERWISE BEAUTIFUL CITY.
- Fabulous FoodEllaDined on 8/15/2014We dined early on Friday night, and the ambience was perfect, with the right amount and type of music and not too much general noise, just many happy diners around us. I mention the ambience first because it enhanced our experience, but the food was so excellent that I would tolerate a loud place to enjoy it! This is a restaurant where the chefs are constantly imagining new combinations of foods and as far as we can tell from the six dishes we had, hitting it just right every time. They don't just put together foods to be inventive, they combine foods that work together, and even when their idea seems wacky at first (e.g., chocolate peanutbutter creme brulee) the dish turns out to be marvelous. Pickled blackberries with pork? Yes! Go!Special Features:
- Delicious local foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Loved the king salmon special. Perfectly cooked. Enjoyed the home baked bread and pear salad appetizer. Dessert on the sweet side, an apple cake with melted caramel. This place is consistently good--I've never had a bad meal there, and service is always good.Special Features:
- One of my all-time favoritesMikeDined on 8/12/2014I live in Chicago and have been to Sack's at least six times! What more needs to be said. My girlfriend loves it too. FTL48. Make a reservation at Sack's. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Always a good choice!outandaboutDined on 8/10/2014No need to be in a hurry here! The service is typically on the slow side but the food is always spot on and the chef has an interesting take on dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, but warm!ClaytonDined on 8/10/2014Small setting, but also a perfect amount of casual in a modern upbeat setting. Warm and inviting, along with good food and friendly staff. The brunch is simple, but delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choice for perfect dinner .romantic2Dined on 8/9/2014Good choice for a romantic good dinner with excellent service and nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Alaskan SeafoodCarlVIPDined on 8/8/2014Everything from the greeting to the departure was 1 st class; Alaskan Scallop appetizer was very tender & flavorful , as was the Halibut entree. Fast, friendly service.Special Features:
- Did not disappointKristeneDined on 8/8/2014Service was excellent. The food was unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysKrisDined on 8/6/2014As usual wonderful lunch. We had a nicw relaxing time with good food.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014I was looking for a nice place to treat my husband to a birthday dinner. Someone, including a local chef recommended Sacks. Great food! Great atmosphere! Great Service! Four stars all around! Will definitely go back before we leave Anchorage!Special Features:
- Dee-lish!DmollyoDined on 8/3/2014Went there for Sunday brunch- service and food were outstanding. Three in our party- each had an eggs Benedict variation. All were delicious. Hollandaise was not too heavy- light and flavorful. Service was excellent. Wish there were an experience like this in my hometown.Special Features:
- Yummy as always!CandiDined on 7/29/2014A favorite place to eat while in Anchorage; staff friendly and food wonderful.Special Features:
- Great For BrunchKantishnaakDined on 7/27/2014My 6 yo and I went to brunch and really enjoyed our experience. They have great fresh squeezed o.j. If you want you can add champagne. The migas was absolutely wonderful. There was a great kids coloring menu. I over heard many rave about their food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.