600 E Market St
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - River Walk
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrissa.com/
- Phone: 2102278847x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Saturday + Sunday 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday + Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
7 nights a week from 4:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
PRIME BAR 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sizzle,Swizzle, Swirl Happy Hour 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm Monday-Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Quinn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris event catering delivers the service, the expertise and of course, the flavor wherever you and your guests gather. Our signature steak experience arrives at your location with an on-site Private Event Manager and a dedicated team of executive chefs, certified bartenders and Ruth's Chris trained servers. From choosing your menu to overseeing the smallest details, Ruth's Chris event catering staff looks forward to helping create your perfect occasion.
Please see website for more information www.ruthschrisSA.com Go to Private Dining Page
- Special Events: LIVE MUSIC on the Patio. Every Friday and Saturday
Sizzling morning, noon and night, a delicious breakfast is offered 6:00AM Monday–Friday (6:30AM on weekends). Enjoy an a la carte breakfast menu as well as an expansive Breakfast Buffet.
Lunch is available daily with a full menu including a Prime Burger and sliced tenderloin sandwich.
Enjoy dinner in the upscale dining room or on the patio and enjoy a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks to the freshest seafood and poultry, side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list.
Private dining rooms available for groups of 10-200.
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Best service and meal in town! No other restaurant can even come close!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient LocationTxdudeDined on 9/16/2014Conveniently located near Marriott Riverwalk and Gonzales Convention Center. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Ruth's I have been disappointedCatfishDined on 9/16/2014I brought in a group of customer during a conference, but I have to say most were disappointed. Even though they had never eaten at a Ruth's they all were familiar with the reputation. None of them considered coming back and in fact they talked about how another steak house, where the owner had worked at a Ruth's previously, was so much better! I was very embarrassed, I guess not all Ruth's can be great!
- A Birthday Treat!RetiredDined on 8/28/2014Our first visit to the new location was successful! This space is more modern, brighter than the Sunset Station locale but it is missing some of the warmth of the old restaurant. The food was wonderful! A real treat! On a Thursday night we had outstanding service and had a relaxing dinner. I look forward to visiting when the weather is more welcoming and to sit outside along the river extension.Special Features:
- The way steak was made to be servedMnSSeafoodFanDined on 8/23/2014I thoroughly enjoyed Ruth's Chris. The starter salad was wonderfully put together, and served quickly. Once the steak came, it was cooked to perfection served on a searing-hot plate which kept it hot to the very end. The mashed potatoes were perfectly whipped, and the Key Lime pie was simply wonderful. Overall, the service was excellent and the wine topped off a great meal. The only downside, if there was to be one, was the slightly loud noise level, largely driven by the jazz ensemble playing in the bar area that bled into the main dining room. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT Anniversary/Birthday DinnerDiningTrekkerDined on 8/19/2014Thanks to Yelp, I had two $35 gift certificates, and what better time to use them than for our wedding anniversary/my birthday dinner. Seating was immediate upon our arrival (we were early!) and we were both treated to an unforgettable dinner and celebration! Patrick, our waiter, was prompt, delivered all courses with quickness and attention to detail, and an unexpected surprise: table decorations with rose petals and birthday favors! Our meal was exactly as advertised: the steaks came out sizzling and all of our items were absolutely delicious (my wife thought the creamed spinich was a bit flat, but I respectfully disagree...the cream was perfect, and the spinach danced on my palate). We both really enjoyed the meal and will return.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTheTruthDined on 8/16/2014For a chain, it is amazing they can be so good every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally GreatRomanticdineDined on 8/15/2014When you expect the best and you get it plus some, there is no other conclusion than excellence. The food and service (Robert) were superb. Can't wait to go back for more of the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menu and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was a perfect fit for what we were looking for, the reputation of Ruth Chris never let's me down. The food was outstanding and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak on the RiverwalkThetraveljunkieDined on 8/7/2014After a disappointing filet and prime rib the night before at famed Boudro's, we were very appreciative of our perfectly prepared steaks at Ruth's Chris. Be aware kitchen closes promptly at 10pm. We arrived at 9:40 for dinner but, were unable to get pepper sauce after our steaks arrived because the kitchen had already closed. Sides, creme brûlée, cocktails, and our table service all top notch as well. Solid choice. Acenar and Ruth's Chris were our best meals on the Riverwalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special night with sister and nieceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Went out for a special night with my sister and niece. Good food on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We sat outside and the fans cooled the patio perfectly. The only distraction was the rude and impatient waiter.Special Features:
- Great dinner serviceSpeedwhiteDined on 8/2/2014We had an amazing time at this restaurant. The hostesses were professional, our waiter Luis was very professional and prompt. My steak was cooked to perfection and my wifes stuffed chicken done nicely. It was our anniversary dinner so they gave us the complimentary anniversary dessert. Overall, we have a great dinner service, I would recommend this restaurant to any of my family or friends.Special Features:
- our waiter was first classMissJJDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, steak cooked to perfection. My scallops were fabulous, a little salty for me...so I'll ask for "light seasoning" next time. And there will be a next time...very soon!!! It was our anniversary and they added a couple of special little touches, like sprinkles on the table and beautifully depicted dessert...we were very pleased!! Everyone was very professional and very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's is spot on again!DBHoffmansDined on 7/26/2014We were staying at the Grand Hyatt for a business event and it happened to be our 29th Wedding Anniversary. We chose to have dinner there instead of the Chart House (which had poor reviews) and we were not disappointed. I have to mention that we skipped the Convention Center "Egg Soup" Buffet and headed straight down the Ruth's for the Omelette Station. It was fabulous!!! If we ever return to San Antonio we will definitely eat here again. Hopefully it will not be in the Summer and we can enjoy the patio and live music on Saturday Nights. Manager mary McNeel is the best, and really made us feel welcome in a strange state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris river walkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014First of all the filet was the best steak I have EVER!! Nothing compares to y'all's good it is so delicious! The service was also great the waiters were on too of their game making sure we had refills and everything was fine! Best dining I have ever experienced!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014The old location at Sunset Station is so much better. The current location is loud, the service was just okay and a bit lacking. The experience was not up to the Ruth's Chris standard which is unfortunate. There are better choices in downtown San Antonio.
- AWESOMEDatenightsDined on 7/12/2014I planned my proposal at this establisment. The staff was helpful and easy to work with. it was an amazing expitrianceSpecial Features:
- Fine DiningTexasFoodieDined on 7/7/2014We had an excellent dinner and service at Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Antonio's downtown. The free valet parking was appreciated. I would recommend RCSH to anyone interested in great steaks and seafood as well as personable, knowledgable and attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!KharperDined on 7/5/2014We loved the food, the service, the peacefulness. We went on a romantic dinner and we had such a great time. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- luvthislocationDined on 7/4/2014Great food and service! This is a definitely a MUST GO when in the area.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014There were 7 in our party. 3 of them had the chicken which was amazing. The other 4 ordered steak. Not one persons was cooked right. Husband actually sent his back when it came back it was so charred on top it looked burnt ate it anyway because he was hungry. Had broccoli and au gratin potatoes as sides. The broccoli had not been washed. It felt like there were little rocks in it. The potatoes were very undercooked. The chef was informed neither he NOR did the manager come out and speak to us. We have visited another Ruth Chris location which was amazing. This one we will never return.
- Disappointing Anniversary DinnerWeedles21Dined on 6/21/2014Celebrating our 28th and have celebrated many others with y'all in Baton Rouge but sadly this was not a good experience. First off there was a very loud band in an adjacent room having an record kickoff and they performed and were very loud even with the doors closed and not in the same room. My T-bone steak was ordered at the temp attire of medium rare but came out medium to medium well, I ate it due to my guests steaks were fine but they insisted on waiting And I wasn't going to let that happen and ruin their meal also. Lastly it ,took twenty minutes before our waiter checked to see if we were done and needed to close out the bill but it then took 40 minutes due to run the ticket because your system went down and we had a gift card.
- Empty & No ServiceTejawatersDined on 6/15/2014My wife made the reservation for Father's Day, we were in the "main dining room" with only three or four tables in use. The service was slow like half did not show up for work. My Prime Rib (they only have it twice a year) was cool and there was a problem with switching vegetables between Father's Day entree's.Special Features:
- Date night diner.saboundDined on 6/9/2014Loud people next table and around the restaurant can make conversation a little difficult if you are out on a date, too much light for a romantic dinner, portions were too small for the price tag but the food was delicious and the wine was excelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little outdated & well overpricedOpenTableDemigodDined on 5/26/2014Food was ok but everything is just subpar and proceed high for no reason. I can go to Longhorn steakhouse and get an even better steak for half the price. Sorry but consumers are very knowledgeable nowadays, and seems Ruth Chris needs to step up there game. By the way, there were no reservations available but only one. Yet the whole time we were there was do many empty tables it was unreal. Give it of twenty tables were being used, yet supposedly the restaurant was overbooked according to there reservation system. Fail.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - River Walk reviews archive.
- Great experienceErinBroDined on 5/25/2014We sat at the bar on an early Sunday evening. The bar tender was very nice, and the service was exceptional. The food was great as is any Ruth's Chris experience.Special Features:
- Not up to par for this chainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014We have eaten at Ruth Cris all over the country and sadly this location didn't meet the standard we have come to expect from this chain. From the crab cakes to the steak fries every dish just didn't measure up. Maybe just an off night.
- Another great meal and servicepipehangerdude2Dined on 5/22/2014Ruth's Chris has never dissapointed. This vist was no exception. My wife, who eats organic, was able to eat her meal without a reaction. Our waiter was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. He even recommended other local restaurants that may offer organic food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Experience6thAnniversaryDined on 5/16/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and we had an amazing time. The food was great and the staff is outstanding. The manager goes around and make sure that everyone is doing great. She also gave my wife a really nice birthday dessert which was an amazing gesture.Special Features:
- River Walk GemKlaraCDined on 5/11/2014The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was HOT and delicious. The specials were reasonably priced for a high end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good Mothers Day Meal 2014SakybagsterDined on 5/11/2014Went to the River Walk Ruth Chris , and it was bad. Seated quickly, but went down hill after that. Ran out of bread, drinks were slow in coming, ordered, salad arrived, was ok. 25 minutes later our steaks arrived, ordered both medium, 1 was medium and Mom's was well done. Ate the steaks and sides, water was refilled but that's about it. Dinner plates picked up, more water, waited 25 minutes before desert arrived. After the 2 gallons of water that was offered there was no room for desert so we took it home. We sat inside, but the outside doors were opened to the river and room was full of flies and knat's. I wont be returning to this location..
- A waiter with passion!DallasDinerDined on 5/8/2014We had a delightful waiter - he worded his requests expertly and injected himself into serving our meal at just the right time. I can't recall his name but his training was excellent and his attitude even better.Special Features:
- Best Steaks In San AntonioCBjrDined on 5/3/2014We visited Ruth Chris on Saturday the 3rd. The drinks were fabulous. But, the food was outstanding. The bone-in rib eye was cooked to perfection and very flavorful. My wife enjoyed a sea bass that was as she described it "out of this world".... the best she has had in San Antonio. Assistant Manager visited our table occasionally to check on the service and dinner. She was very friendly. Service was impeccable. The sides and desserts were nicely presented and tasty. I would recommend Ruth Chris to every one looking to enjoy a great meal in a vibrant yet tasteful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayHungry4foodDined on 5/2/2014Overall experience was good. The place is great looking and has both inside and by the river walk dining. The food was good overall. Good selection in the menu. The wait for our food however was too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak diningAecfVIPDined on 4/25/2014Our meal was awesome. The blueberry mojito was a treat. The only negative I can comment on was having a table in a side dining room that was closed off from the rest of the restaurant. There was no view of anything except four walls. We didn't let that destroy our evening as we had plenty of conversation and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanAntonioDined on 4/20/2014We had a reservation for 8:00 Easter morning. I thought there would be more of an effort made for an Easter brunch. It is a moderate breakfast buffet. I will not be back. In fact, the breakfast was so disappointing, I will not be back for lunch or dinner. Our service was good, it was the food that was lacking. It was a dull, ordinary breakfast buffet with very little in terms of variety. It might be great for lunch or dinner, but in terms of a breakfast buffet, it is just your average breakfast buffet and menu.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We were only1 of a few couples dining at the time, but the service was still slow. Additionally, I requested a beer with my steak, but the waitress didnt bring the beer until I was 1/2 done with my steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails Need WorkSazaracLoverVIPDined on 4/17/2014The food was good. However, the cocktails were very poorly done. serving cocktails with small cubes of ice serves only to water down the drink and probably saves on the amount of ingredients needed to fill the glass. With all of the good bartenders around San Antonio, suggest bringing one in as a consultant and elevate the cocktails to the same level of the food.
- Enjoyable eveningluvsteakDined on 4/12/2014Nice place, definitely will go back. The food was delicious with very large portions. Very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had great business lunchBD15Dined on 4/8/2014There were five of us for lunch and all of us enjoyed the meal very much. I had a wedge salad to start, which was only fair, it did not have enough bacon or blue cheese on it for my taste (this is why only a 4 star rating). However, my filet was outstanding. Very good flavor and tender. I also had potato wedges which were very good. The service was attentive and polite. The food was pricey, but I would recommend for business lunch/dinner and special occasions (date night).Special Features: