Rustico (Westlake Village, CA)
1125 Lindero Canyon Road
Westlake Village, CA 91352Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustico (Westlake Village, CA)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rustico-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (818) 889-0191
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Ronzoni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details on private dining.
- Special Events: Our October 2012 Gourmet Cruise Party Join us Wednesday, January 11th, 2012 at 6pm to 7pm for a complimentary Wine/Champagne Apertif and Special Hors D'Oeuvres at Rustico Restaurant in Oak Park. Representatives from Regent Cruises will be on hand to answer any questions you may have regarding our October 2012 Mediterranean Culinary Adventure!
A word from Rustico (Westlake Village, CA)
A very special neighborhood Trattoria nestled below the North Ranch Mountain Range. Relax and enjoy being pampered with a warm and friendly service that captures the Italian spirit of hospitality. The menu is filled with wonderful selections made with the freshest seasonal ingredients. A bustling Monica's Bar is ready to take any request for your favorite libation and Roberto Giliberti our expert Sommelier can recommend the perfect wine to go with your meal from our Wine Spectator Award Winning selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rustico (Westlake Village, CA) - Best Restaurants in Agoura Hills / Westlake Village ›
Rustico (Westlake Village, CA) reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (26)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (12)romantic (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Consistently greatSwissmissDined on 11/19/2014Staff always welcoming, open to changing up the menu to please customers, open kitchen, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening. Delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We had a very nice dinner. The service was good. My veal chop was large enough to feed my family of four! I find the service and food consistently good. But the ambiance is a bit dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All together wonderfulWineCommanderDined on 11/10/2014From the moment we sat down we were treated with great service. The wines we drank were amazing and very fair in price. The food was outstanding: asparagus With a fried egg, parm cheese and fresh black truffles then roast duck for the main! I can't wait to go back and it will be soon! The server we had was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in a long timeJayAreDined on 11/2/2014Wanted to go to Tuscany, but they were closed for a private. So we went to Rustico. Lucky us. The food and service were excellent. & Get the Sea Bass while they have it!Special Features:
- Great Food!MissLeeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Wow, the food was so delicious. Highlights: The special appetizer of truffled asparagus on toast was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. The peach infusion cocktail was perfection. The apple tart! I can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet for lunch tlunchlady2Dined on 10/31/2014It was the first time any of our party of 7 had dined at Rustico. We all tried something different and happily each of enjoyed our entrees. I might just say the service was a little slow considering the restaurant did not have very many patrons. Our server was nice and friendly but I think perhaps stretched a little to thin.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLuckyoneVIPDined on 10/29/2014Celebrated my birthday with my husband, folks and dear friend. We all enjoyed our dinners completely! Would highly recommend Rustico! We've been here several times and have always enjoyed our meals. Desserts are good, too!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationReneeDined on 10/29/2014I often go there for birthday celebrations. Food is great and the service is good.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceclassyshaVIPDined on 10/18/2014As always the service was excellent. We had the Chilean Sea Bass special and it was outstanding. Can always count on Rustico to have great specials. Wine sommelier recommended a very good Italian bottle of wine to go with our dinner.Special Features:
- A Recommended FinedirtbikeloverDined on 10/3/2014Rustico is a great place for dining. I would definitely go back. Pleasant waitress, good food and nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always fantasticclassyshaVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is great restaurant. Service is always excellent and you can always count on great fish specials, although everything is very good.Special Features:
- LesmanLesmanDined on 9/27/2014Dont let the shopping center location deter you...the food is on par with most Westside/Urban venues. Waited a bit for drinks, but after that service kicked in. Complimentary bruschetta was a nice start, and the bread basket (decent but not memorable) was always refilled. Butternut squash soup was fantastic, and the kale salad would have won over kale haters...amazingly good. The Sea Bass / asparagus risotto was stellar, and although the pasta with shrimp sounded boring...it was anything but. Cioppino was superb...more "stuff" than shells. The portions were ample & then some, but absolutely nothing left on any plate...it was all that good! To top it off, fantastic waiter "Angel" made the evening. We WILL be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular mealTable42plsDined on 9/22/2014I booked a special dinner for my husband's birthday. Everything about this restaurant from the service to the bread, appetizers, entrees and desserts was ideal. We enjoyed a free sampling of bruschetta which was delicious. The bread basket was fresh and varied. Had to ask for butter or olive oil, as some of the bread was a little dry so I'd suggest that they just place it on the table with the bread. We all had some of the specials including the heirloom borrata salad, which was very good; the chilean bass over lemoncello risotto was delicious. Tiramisu was brought for the birthday dessert but no one sang.....except us. All in all a great meal, with attention to detail and just the right amount of server interaction.Special Features:
- Very Good Restaurant but...DaveDined on 9/21/2014Very good food and atmosphere. Went there for a birthday celebration which was stated in our open table reservation remarks, however they never acknowledged the occasion. I don't think that restaurants using open table really look at this information as the same thing happened last month for an anniversary celebration at Duke's in Malibu (that we also booked on open table). If it's a special occasion, you should probably tell the restaurant directly.Special Features:
- AndiVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were staying in the area and chose this restaurant because of great reviews on Open Table. We were not disappointed! The food was amazing…best kale salad I've ever had and the cioppino was as good as I've had anywhere. Our server knew we were not "dining" because we had a play t get to and he was very attentive and got us out in time without feeling rushed. Highly recommend this one!Special Features:
- SUPERBMMMMMVIPDined on 9/16/2014Still our favorite after all these years! Always delicious and beautifully served!Special Features:
- LAST FINE DINING Restaurants!StargazerDined on 9/14/2014I search out for NON "KID-FRIENDLY" restaurants that allows patrons to enjoy fine dining, superb meals and wonderful service without the annoyance of SCREAMING BABIES, BRATTY TODDLERS and STRESSED-OUT, RUDE PARENTS. RUSTICO is one of the few that has a wonderful, romantic dinner, quiet and peaceful environment and friendly, professional staff. The menu has a enough selections to please any taste. I love the Gnocchi Bolognese and my wife adores the Chilean Bass dish. Full bar too. Absolute bonus: Parking lot is ample so you can park car without being dinged and vandalized by the ravages of rude and Neanderthal FAMILIES with unbridled wild kids that abound in disgraceful suburbia today.Special Features:
- Amazing GnocchiBeezDined on 9/14/2014Gnocchi is absolutely my kryptonite and I won't dine at an Italian restaurant unless it is included on their menu. Their gnocchi was DELICIOUS and the meat sauce was to die for! Definitely up to par with my own mother's meat sauce recipe. Our waitress was sweet and accommodating, not up in our faces every 2 minutes but not neglecting either. I have heard from an Italian friend of mine, who definitely knows his food, that their pizza is to die for, so I will have to go back soon! All around I had a great meal at this restaurant and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My meal was utterly delectable. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was moist, flavorful and totally scrumptious. My husband had the surf and turf and also liked his entrée. Our server was engaging but not overly solicitous. This is our 2nd visit and we would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Local GemwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/20/2014A local favorite for us. Chef knows how to make excellent soups - so if you are in the mood for soup, definitely try the soup de jour. The heirloom tomato salad was just ok today, probably should have tried the gazpacho soup. Escargot is served with lots of garlicky butter. The special lamb entree = DELICIOUS! Pasta's are always a great choice, especially the daily specials. Rustico is our favorite for "take out pizza" - they are small, thin crust, healthier and tastier. Definitely a local gem of a restaurant. Service is nice. Casual dining in a nice environment, lots of locals.
- Excellent Italian bistroAdnillDined on 8/18/2014Highly recommended by several friends. Went there for my birthday. Large menu and many specials. Easy to make substitutions. Very well seasoned and tasty. Good wine list. White tablecloths, California casual but did not see jeans. Has outdoor patio. Gave us a choice of tables. Service very attentive. Has a brick oven for pizzas. Terrific neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDDDMDined on 8/17/2014Specials are always creative and better than the regular menu. Very tasty with nice combinations of flavors. Great service. Always busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualMHJinTOVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was once again great! We come frequently, and always try to sit with Carla. She's a gem. She thoroughly entertains us each time we come in and remembers our drink and food preferences to a tee! This past night there was a very grumpy man, on his phone the whole time, sitting next to us. He was so rude to his wife and cussing at whomever was on the phone. Thank goodness for Carla and the other wait staff! They got them out of there quickly. My only complaint is food related. They really need to have better coffee and serve it with half & half, NOT milk. Also, some new and more seasonal desserts would be really nice. We love it there though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night SpecialFoodie21Dined on 8/16/2014We had a 6pm reservation which was perfect. Service food and placement were great. By the time we left after 7;30pm, the place was jammed. Soup, salad, pasta and seafood were all excellentSpecial Features:
- Amazing food!!!AddieDined on 8/15/2014great food , ambience, and service. This is a popular neighborhood restaurant. Quiet, white tablecloth eatery with diverse choices and great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/6/2014One of our favorite neighborhood gems! The octopus salad special is a favorite. The regular menu has plenty of excellent options, and there is usually a fairly extensive list of specials too. The chef is great and will often honor special requests providing he has the ingredients and it is not a time consuming preparation. Our server, Emma, is lovely and we enjoy being seated in her section. Although there are other servers here too that we love as well. Service is friendly and they treat everyone well. It is mainly a locals place, but anyone dining here will receive equally nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amfoDined on 8/4/2014the food was good; the service was great! my granddaughter and i had a "special occassion" dinner together, and the staff (thte wait person in particular, but all) was outstanding.Special Features:
- An Outstanding ExperienceTheFoodRatVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were treated to some fantastic, creative items. The staff treated us like family, they are truly great people. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantWineLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food is quite good and the wines are reasonably priced. We had the Chilean Sea Bass special and the Branzino on the regular menu. Both were very good and the fish was fresh tasting. We shared a creme brulee for desert that was good and correctly prepared. The portion size is rather generous, so even with skipping the first course, we had more than we could eat. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. The markup on the wines is smaller than most restaurants. We had a Grgich Hills Chardonnay for $60, which is the best price for this wine that I have seen in a long time. There are plenty of good wines in the $30 to $50 price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 433 reviews are from the Rustico (Westlake Village, CA) reviews archive.
- EAFFDined on 7/22/2014The Veal Chop was amazing. Everything was delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesOptoccDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Rustico several times and will go back. The food is always great and the attention from the servers is great. The reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that the specials are rattled off so fast and there are so many, you simply cannot remember them and while the servers are attentive, they can be a bit snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent dinerGaryDined on 7/8/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. This visit at lunch .. four of us .. wonderful in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks.DSandDSVIPDined on 7/1/2014Everything was prepared to perfection. Basic dishes like ravioli were as special as the specials.Special Features:
- Frequent CustomersGaryDined on 7/1/2014This is our go-to restaurant for special occasions .. I think this is the only place I know of where the food is truly authentic Italian. From Salads to Pastas to Entrees .. everything is made with a true Italian flair. This time was my birthday and it was a special evening indeed.Special Features:
- LollyDined on 6/30/2014Food very well prepared. A little noisey (open kitchen) but not blaring. Appreciated absence of TV.Special Features:
- Bad experienceLVfishVIPDined on 6/27/2014We should have left or informed management. We usually have great food and service but on a busy Friday night things went south and ruined our evening. The waitress was annoyed and clearly bordering on rude. My wife and I looked at each other like 'is this really happening?' Service was awful and we should have complained. We love the food at Rustico and go almost every week, but will give it a rest and will never be seated in this waitresses section again.
- Tried the server's recommendationrkbkVIPDined on 6/21/2014Three of us dined. One had the fish special Halibut, great, second person had bolognese, great, third person had the recommendation by the server, pork chop breaded and pounded parmesan style, excellent, the vegetables that came with it was a great variety, squash, asparagus, broccoli and they were delicious. I am definitely returning. FYI fish special $32.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/20/2014This was my 3rd visit recently and again very enjoyable! The bartender is always pleasant & she greets us immediatley which is a plus. It is so nice to have a neighborhood restaurant with such class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningfoodlvrDined on 6/14/2014Table location as requested was good. Food and Service- excellent. Our favorite restaurant in areaSpecial Features:
- gibsonDined on 6/11/2014we loved it here as always - friendly, wonderful food and wine, great vibeSpecial Features: