92-1220 Aliinui Dr.
Kapolei, HI 96707Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.royshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8086767697
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Darryl Shinogi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do off-site catering for food only. We work with outside vendors to provide equipment and service.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Desiree Ota for private dining options
- Private Party Contact: Desiree Ota 8086767697
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday, Saturday and Sunday night outside on our Bridge Bar Lanai from 5:30-8:00pm
A word from Roy's Ko'Olina
Open since 2004, Roy’s Ko Olina is located on the beautiful West Side of the island. We offer inside seating as well as dining on our covered Bridge Bar lanai which overlooks the 18th Hole of the Ko Olina Golf Course. Along with Roy's classic items, our guests can enjoy a vast selection of innovative creations using the freshest local ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's Ko'Olina - Best Restaurants in Kapolei ›
Roy's Ko'Olina reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)fit for foodies (123)romantic (103)scenic view (96)great for outdoor dining (85)good for groups (60)kid-friendly (54)notable wine list (42)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (26)hot spot (15)great for brunch (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent, wait staff and greeter was great, GM and the entire Roy's ambience was AWESOME! 5 Star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in everu WayLiv2EatVIPDined on 9/25/2014Had an excellent dinner outside on the deck. Food was absolutely excellent. We had fish and braised ribs which were generous portions and very tasty. Service was spot on with good accomodation for children.Special Features:
- rrrnDined on 9/23/2014Great food. Portions may look small, but they are filling. The lava cake is our favorite dessert.Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We were celebrating our 40 Anniversary. We enjoyed our lunch of tender short ribs and b ento box of favorites! Regular meal made special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cousin LizzyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014Our reservations were for 5pm, but our out - of - town guest didn't join us until an hour later. She got stuck in traffic and her cell phone ran out of juice! But did that irritate the restaurant staff? Well, if it did, they never let it show. Everyone was very kind and patient...didn't rush us...and kept us "entertained". Everything we ate was fabulous! From the appetizers, the entrees (the pork chops, the beef cheeks, the prix fixe menu selections), and the desserts...everything was delish. But best of all, Cousin Lizzy had a great time and promised to visit Hawaii again. And THAT was why our family appreciated Roy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceTravelGuy96789Dined on 9/21/2014This was my second time at Roy's. My first time was when I was a little boy at the age of 8. I've always known Roy's as an establishment of excellence and elegance. When picking a restaurant, I remembered these attributes from when I was a little boy. My experience at Roy's was outstanding. My waiter was Kylie T. and she made our time at Roy's one to be remembered forever. Her poise and etiquette made the evening relaxing and enjoyable. My job takes me to places all over the world, but I have yet to find a restaurant close to Roy's' standards of performance, taste and elegance. As I travel, I will share my experience here at Roy's Ko'olina with everyone I cross paths with. Thank you Roy's Ko'olina for an amazing experience!Special Features:
- Our 17th AnniversaryExcellentDined on 9/20/2014The staff here at Roy's Ko'Olina was fabulous. My family and I were well taken cared for. The concierge greeted us respectfully and our wait help delightfully described the various appitizers and main dish which made our palates water. We both had the three course dinner, which consists of an appitizer, main dish, and dessert. My daughter had the linguini with white sauce, my elder son had the braised beef, and my eldest son has the seared poke steak. The food here at Roy's is very exceptional. The braised beef just fell apart as you sink the silverware into its slab of beef. The whole family enjoyed the food as well as the spectacular view of the golf green with a pond of geese or ducks. We have also taken pictures to remember to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiehulaDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is a bit noisy but the food is top notch. The waiter had some great recommendations, and we appreciated the surprise at the end of the evening - a dessert to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Not up to Roy's traininghonolulufoodieDined on 9/18/2014Good food as always, but would appreciate a daily special. The hostess wasn't up to the usual high standards. She didn't know where seats were, when the main hostess told her where to seat us, so we had to wait while they talked about where that table number was, she walked too slowly and tried to make awkward conversation. We were having a business lunch, so we wanted to rush to the table and start introducing ourselves. It just wasn't the professionalism that is Roy's.Special Features:
- Always amazing.NavywifeDined on 9/17/2014Roy's never ceases to amaze us with their perfect food creations and excellent service, we always know we are in for a treat.Special Features:
- Awesome experience.bubbaVIPDined on 9/16/2014So sorry i forgot the server's name. He was an awesome server who was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding his menu. As an (ex) townie he thanked us for driving out to dine at Roy's. The kids wanted to get out of town and thought Hawaii Kai (Roy's) was too close. We decided to take our once a year drive to the west side for a special occasion. Which turned out to be a very good choice. Well definitely be back during the day after spending the day at the cove. Thank you to all the staff who made our night a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceLadyJDined on 9/16/2014At Roy's you can experience fine dining at its best! We were surprised with one of the chief's appetizers of the night which were delightful. Roy's also has a wonderful staff that treats you as royalty. I also love the warm atmosphere at Roy's, perfect for any occasion!Special Features:
- Excellent MealWinnie67Dined on 9/16/2014From the starters to the dessert this meal was out of this world, attentive staff dealt with every request and the service was second to none, a truly fantastic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poorly table timingChicagofoodieDined on 9/15/2014Our server was attentive, but the timing was very rushed. A chef table appetizer brought with other apps(that's ok- a nice idea) but our dinners were brought too fast and wine pairings brought halfway through first 2 courses. This may sound snobby but it us a pairing for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...great service!!!!!!!!!FrankDined on 9/14/2014Outstanding service by all personnel...upon arrival until departure. Great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Hawaiiroysfine10Dined on 9/14/2014If you want fine dining, great service, ambiance, and romantic atmosphere then Roy's is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Never disappointed here! Went for the beef rib, omg, delicious. Friends ordered seafood...best ever. I have been here several times and it is simply the best food in the Ko Olina area. Went twice during my trip. The macademia nut tart is out of this world.... Roys is one of my absolute favorites of ANY place I have ever been!Special Features:
- Exceptional food, service and golf!foodloverDined on 9/13/2014So glad creativity is on going with the chef. And using local ingredients is a huge plus. We've had different dishes each time dining here and the flavors are not the same. Meaning same dragon sauce on different sushi, but it's own individual flavors. The kabocha pumpkin and tomato soup was very refined. The acid of the tomato didn't over power the sweetness of the pumpkin but melded well together. Never thought of putting these two together, but it works. The service was exceptional as Tai was super friendly and very knowledgeable of each dish and preparations. Never pressured you and helped narrow our choices. Oh the foie gras (grade A) with mango was cooked perfect!! Over looking the golf course was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giving Roy's another chancelovefoodDined on 9/12/2014Our first experience at Roy's Rancho Mirage was mixed. The food wasn't perfect but they tried really hard, even letting me order another dish at no extra charge. Roy's Ko Olina dining experience was'nt a very good one. We were served a round of water which tasted and smelled foul. We mentioned to the server and even manager who came by later to apology but said their water was fine.....????? we asked for the water to be replaced and it tasted fine. I don't know why they didn't believe what we were telling them. The food at the price we were paying wasn't great. Roy's at this location didn't feel like a high quality restaurant. The only friendly person there was this young bus-boy. So this will conclude my dining at any Roy's.Special Features:
- Great Short RibsBillinGeorgiaDined on 9/11/2014We had the short ribs and macadamia nut crusted fish. The short ribs were excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and ServiceAwazDined on 9/9/2014The minute you walk in the restraunt everyone is super friendly. Our waiter Taisei was the bomb! His recommendations was out of the world! He explained to the tee , on how it's was going to taste.. Every single employee was friendly. I was very surprised for us locals to get a first class treatment experience. Price is usually an issue with me! But with the service we had that night , $ was not a problem...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJayInJapanDined on 9/9/2014This was our 4th Roy's restaurant and 4th Roy's meal. This may have been the best of all. The service was great; our waiter explained all our food choices in detail. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodsmiley525Dined on 9/9/2014I'm always very happy with the food and outstanding customer service. Keeps us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightKayTDined on 9/8/2014Two separate friends of ours recommended that we try Roy's - so we did, and we were not disappointed! The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and helpful, and we really had the perfect evening. I had the grilled shrimp and my fiancé had a seafood trio. For dessert, I had a banana's foster dish and he had a chocolate cake. Everything we ate was amazing! I would definitely recommend to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLocalBoyDined on 9/6/2014Was expecting something more special from Roy's. Wait staff and hostesses were very friendly and welcoming. However, considering the menu prices I would rate the food average or nothing special. I had a ribeye which was cooked perfectly but it was just a steak. Sauce wasn't great and it came without any sides. When you select a restaurant like Roy's there are expectations. Our dinner did not come close to being anything special. I could of had the same meal at Outback.
- Wonderful evewning at Roy'sphilDined on 9/5/2014We have been going to various Roy's for several years and have been constantly very happy with their meals and service. This place was no exception. The service was polite and professional. The ambiance was perfect, especial for a tropical environment: open and light. The most important element -- the food -- was superb. The four of us all had fish dishes and they were uniformly wonderful: perfectly cooked with some nice sauces or seasonings. Maybe the nicest thing of all was the noise level was relatively low by today's rather absurd standards. We could actually talk to each other without shouting. What a concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating and Service Winealoha1Dined on 9/4/2014We initially got seated at the worst table outside (right by the door). I asked if there was not a better spot (i could see there was an open table at the far end) and the hostess did move us - why did i have to ask to be at a decent table when it was readily available. Our waitress disappeared toward the end of the night (we were the only ones there so it wasn't from being too busy) and we had to wait for her for quite some time for our bill. The white wine that was poured with the prix fixe was wretched - undrinkable. Waitress swapped it out thankfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndreaDined on 9/4/2014A fabulous pineapple martini, the freshest fish and chocolate souffle. The only thing that could possibly improve the experience is the beautiful location at the Ko' Olina country club. If you are looking for fresh, locally sourced gourmet food in the most beautiful place on earth...look no more.Special Features:
- JW Marriott vs golf course dining?Time2eatDined on 9/3/2014I've wanted to try Roy's restaurant ever since his expansion stateside and didn't want to pass up the opportunity to dine at the Ko Olina. Our group of five opted for the Prix Fix menu and Roy's offers a great deal with or without wines. An appetizer course include Ahi, spring roll, and baby back rib. The macadamia crusted Opah was delicious and served with a Maine lobster essence which enhanced the fish. The boneless short ribs were delicious and two very large pieces of meat came a top a tasty potato and vegetables assemblage. Somehow despite being quite full we all devoured dessert; macadamia tart or chocolate soufflé. The wine matched were perfect though a 6 oz pour wouldn't break his budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnegVIPDined on 9/2/2014Tai, the manager, was fantastic. Very friendly and accomodating. Bus boys need to not be so eager to clear the table. You could barely put down your fork before everything was whisked away -sometimes before you were finished, and always before the others at the table were finished. Makes you feel very rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dinner at Roy'sJohnDined on 9/2/2014Have eaten at Roy's on the mainland and on Maui, so had high expectations, but this was over the top!! Excellent food--from appetizer to dessert, and outstanding service. Great wine from their exclusive list at a reasonable price point. Best meal we've had so far in our 3 weeks in Hawaii. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great service!Luv2dineoutDined on 9/2/2014We had great service. Food was ok very overpriced.
- Fantastic food and setting!Luv2eatgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014The food was eclectic and fantastic! The server, Sin, guided my husband and I as this was our first time at Roy's Hawaii. Every suggestion was terrific. We will definitely be back to Roy's Hawaii - Ko Olina!Special Features:
- Dinner on the deck with the familyBrendanDined on 8/30/2014Exceptional food, great music in the background. Mountains of a Oahu in the distance. Steaks were well cooked ,, like butter. Mongolian spiced ribs were fantastic. Never an empty glass for long Ate a few nights before at "chucks" at the marriott and paid a lot more there for significantly less quality. Can't wait for the next trip to Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roy's KO Olina - GreatgolfndineDined on 8/30/2014The dining experience was superb as usual... Rib appetizer, Hibachi salmon, and the Chocolate souffle. Was very busy, probably 375-400 meals served that evening, and service unusually slow. Still the best place to dine on western Oahu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Not very good for a romantic evening. lots of noise, lots of children. We went for our 32nd wedding aniversary so I thought that we would be seated in a nice romantic cornor of the resterant but was seated in the middle of noisy part of theresturant. The food was great and the service was great.Special Features:
- 36 ANNIVERSARYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014We came in on Sat night to celebrate our 36th Anniversary and had a great time! Chef Daryl was jamming and Michael and Louie were on top of our table! See you at the end of the yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fantasticLeeLeeDined on 8/27/2014Very impressed with the young waiters. They made a very romantic dinner perfect. Great view of the 18th hole and sunset. We had the shortrib and miso-butterfish. Finished it off with a chocolate souffle and espresso martinis!!! Wonderful evening and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!k01nurseDined on 8/26/2014The standouts were: Our server Sin was wonderful...knowledgeable and attentive. The lillokoi martini was off the charts yummy The butterfish was extraordinarily delicious. The shrimp were overcooked and a little tough, however the basil lillikoi sauce was very good.Special Features:
- Nice place for dinnerOutKast2oh6Dined on 8/24/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday there and it was out first time eating at Roy's in Ko'Olina. Very nice atmosphere with great attentive servers. We ordered the 2 special pre fix dinners they had that night and both were delicious! One of the wine pairing was not great but other than that a great meal. Thanks to the staff for making our dinner so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.