92-1220 Aliinui Dr.
Kapolei, HI 96707Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.royshawaii.com/
- Phone: (808) 676-7697
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Darryl Shinogi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do off-site catering for food only. We work with outside vendors to provide equipment and service.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Desiree Ota for private dining options
- Private Party Contact: Desiree Ota 8086767697
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday, Saturday and Sunday night outside on our Bridge Bar Lanai from 5:30-8:00pm
A word from Roy's Ko'Olina
Open since 2004, Roy’s Ko Olina is located on the beautiful West Side of the island. We offer inside seating as well as dining on our covered Bridge Bar lanai which overlooks the 18th Hole of the Ko Olina Golf Course. Along with Roy's classic items, our guests can enjoy a vast selection of innovative creations using the freshest local ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's Ko'Olina - Best Restaurants in Kapolei ›
Roy's Ko'Olina reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)fit for foodies (114)romantic (93)great for outdoor dining (89)scenic view (84)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (46)kid-friendly (37)great for lunch (26)hot spot (22)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Szechuan Spiced Baby Back Pork RibLoveExcellentRestaurantsVIPDined on 11/21/2014Pros: - Ample parking in a free-self parking lot adjacent Koolina golf course - Beautiful view of the Koolina golf course - Lunch after a round of golf Recommendations - Szechuan Spiced Baby Back Pork Rib - Roasted Macadamia Nut White Fish with Lobster Butter Sauce - Dessert, Hot Chocolate SouffleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/18/2014Great service, food served hot and fresh. So glad we tried it, we will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening at Roy'skendalDined on 11/18/2014We enjoyed the food and service very much on our anniversary celebration. This is a great special occasions restaurant. The ahi tuna was seared to perfection and the accompanying sauces were great. My wife had the Prix Fixe menu which also was prepared deliciously. The only things that prevent me from giving it 5 stars is the salad and the noise level. The kale salad was very good as far as the greens were concerned, but it was soggy with dressing. A lighter hand on the dressing would do wonders. As far as the noise is concerned, it's largely an acoustics issue, which you likely will have to live with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Place for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Awesome Food, Service, and Atmosphere at Roy's! We really loved the butter fish, shrimp and ribs. The staff really made our night special. Thank you Roy's for a great time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014He was wonderful, took his time to explain the menu, and was very patient.. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for Roy'sDebbieDined on 11/13/2014I was really surprised by the terrible lighting at this restaurant. We went in the evening and the outside tables each have one or two spotlights shining down on them which really killed the ambiance. Some of the food was quite good (like the kale salad) but some was just mediocre (like the macadamia encrusted fish). It's pricey so I was expecting a better overall experience.
- Ladies who lunchHulananniDined on 11/11/20143 wahine (all Scorpios) celebrated a birthday. Black swans in the water ....palm trees swaying. Super waithelp. Birthday dessert gratis. Good time. Not having to drive into Honolulu.....priceless!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!Table4FourDined on 11/8/2014Always wanted to try Roy's but was afraid of three prices. So glad we took the chance. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. Our waiter was friendly, took the time to explain the different choices, made recommendations that were on point, and came back to check on us frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceLadyJDined on 11/8/2014Roy's is my favorite restaurant, so I took my friend as a surprise on her graduation day. She really enjoyed every minute, right down to the last bit. She was surprised at the in depth knowledge of the waiter on the menu selections. She was also thrilled by all the special attention she received on her special day. A special Mahalo Nui Loa to all the staff at Roy's Ko'Olina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- augieoskiDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful place - we wanted to go somewhere that was not resort food and this worked our perfectly - food was fabulous and service was great - cocktails wonderful and prices were reasonable and good portions plenty big -Special Features:
- Need some more lightsfoodloverDined on 11/7/2014Was seated first or second table on the right side. And light needs a bit more brightness. The table next,to us had to use the "bright light" from their phone. I looked up and saw the light pined at our tables, but it was not enough for the dark area. Other than that, the service and food was very good...opah was perfectly cooked and tasty. And the wine Chantel paired with the opah matched, so yes I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ko Olina Hot SpotAbs1929Dined on 11/6/2014Love Roy's! Great spot in Ko Olina, when there isn't much to choose from in the area. We love going here for special occasions :) They give a free dessert, when you note on your reservation it's a special occasion.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Roy'sLanceDined on 11/2/2014Fine dining options are fairly limited on the west side of Oahu, but Roy's can always be counted on for fantastic flavors, tasty cocktails and friendly service. It's our "go to" place for any special event, or sometimes for no event at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HiEyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We've been to Roy's before, but not the one at Ko Olina. We were not disappointed. The food, service, and ambiance was excellent. We were very relaxed and had a great time. We will definitely go again and bring our visitors when they come to the Islands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Usually Roy's is good. The service was slipping. It was very slow and plates were just left to sit a long time. The food was just ok this time, nothing great. We have had better in the past. I was more disappointed with the lack of good service outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014They serve the great services for specially kids. We had a fun together and enjoyed the dinner on that day.Special Features:
- Always a good place to take a guestBusterDined on 10/30/2014We've been to Roy's at Ko O'lina many times as it is one of the few restaurants in the Kapolei area that I would take an out of town guest to or celebrate a special occasion. My wife and guest liked the local-style bento box but I was disappointed in the fish entree choices on the lunch menu. I was not really interested in fish and chips but it was my only fish entree choice. The fish was OK but the chips were very disappointing. The desserts were excellent as usual.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places to goRx2dineDined on 10/26/2014Everything I've tried has been great. Seafood is fresh and wonderful. The ribeye is flavorful and tender. Save room for the macadamia nut tart. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kenny's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Always great. Roy's Ko Olina it's my favorite restaurant of all time.Special Features:
- Great! BUT...COLWDined on 10/25/2014I love this restaurant. One of my favorites and it really is a great value. You go here because the food is delicious and the service is great and I never feel akward wearing shorts and an Aloha shirt. I always get fresh fish of the day but the short rib is special. End your meal with the chocolate souffl'e; real treat. However, they have kept the fixed price menu static for years. While I love it, it would be nice to mix it up a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLalaLuvsAndyDined on 10/25/2014Took my Dad here for his 60th Birthday. The entire family loved every bite. Wonderful service and exceptional food. We loved every moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerJJJJDined on 10/24/2014Roy's was our best dinner of the trip. While pricey, it was still a better deal than across the street at Disney. Food was great. Service was fabulous. Try the different cocktails. They were all good. We'll be back in the future.Special Features:
- Roys in KoOlina..slightly impressedNoxnamanDined on 10/23/2014Mai Tai was perfect. Complimentary Appetizer (Beef mini egg rolls) provided since it was our Honeymoon Dinner, last night at Aulani nearby. Noticed it was plated with the same sauces as my wife's dinner choice. We had the crab cakes as a starter. Presentation is basic but the flavor was intense. I ordered the filet mignon...asked for medium rare and it arrived medium well. Didn't mind though. Wife ordered the Butterfish...cooked well but portions could be more for the prices paid. Overall great customer service. Didn't have room for dessert. Would easily come back. Not a restaurant to eat at on a budget.Special Features:
- Roy's is a must tryAZvistorDined on 10/23/2014We ate at Roys twice during our stay. Our lunch was great. They even made one of the orders wrong, which was no big deal. But wow they more than made it right with extra food and drinks. For dinner the food and service was amazing. The best meal we had the whole trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roy's Ko'OlinaTWongDined on 10/21/2014My friend came down from the mainland and she, my mom and I had a great dinner at Roy's. I like the Ko'Olina one because of its outdoor seating, which is quieter and fresh. It is a perfect place to share food with friends and family.Special Features:
- Md123Dined on 10/20/2014We eat at Roy's Ko'Olina each time we visit the Marriott which has been 4 times this year. The food and service is always consistently very good. We had the prefix menu and selected the sashimi and the macadamia nut encrusted fish with the chocolate soufflé all of which were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We had an excellent experience with Roy's. Friendly waiters who explained various menu items to us. Food was excellent and hot. They made our special occasion even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Felt rushed by our waitress. Food just ok....there were at least five other Hawaiin restaurants we had better meals at. No more Ko Olina Roy's for us
- Good in every aspectSergeDined on 10/16/2014We stayed in the nearby Aluani Resort and came for a dinner to have something special that would be different from the options available at the resort. I should say, it was much-much better than I expected: food was great, service - efficient and the place outside while overlooking the golf course was a truly nice one. It is not a cheap place. However, it was the case when we did not regret about money spent. So all in all it is a nice place that is well recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly satisfied1gourmetcriticDined on 10/15/2014The awesome Honey Ribs, Miso Butterfish & Rack of Lamb along with the friendly & knowledgeable staff made our dinner VERY enjoyable. Don't forget to order your desserts!!Special Features:
- nice touchLouisVIPDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and they really went the extra mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roy's at Ko OlinatechmgrDined on 10/15/2014The outside bar was perfect fora before dinner drink. We had reservations although we may not have needed them. The menu was varied and difficult to choose which entree as they are all great. I had the mustard honey rib(excellent) and my wife had the fillet (she does not eat muchmeat). She ate every bit exclaiming how good it was. The wine list was more limited that I remember at Roy's but our cab was excellent.Special Features:
- Great service and delish food.luv2eatoutDined on 10/15/2014The service is really great because everyone pitches in. Even the busboys help with service and will get you something if you ask for it. The food is more on the gourmet side, which makes it special and definitely no run of the mill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love RoysMajoyDined on 10/12/2014Food was so good as well as d scenic view of d pond and golf course..enjoyed my anniversary lunch with my other half.. Friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time There and Loved ItMeliaVIPDined on 10/11/2014It was our first time to Roy's Ko Olina. We normally dine closer to home at the Roy's in Hawaii Kai, and we had heard so many great things about the Ko Olina location that we had to try it for ourselves. We loved the sushi bar option, the mango and cheese pupus, the service, and the inside and outside bar areas were both full and everyone seemed like they were having fun. Our servers were all very friendly and prompt. We will definitely make the 40 mile drive out there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Night At RoysSophis1234VIPDined on 10/9/2014It began when we were seated and no on came until we asked if a waiter would be available, some 10 minutes after we were seated. Some items on the menu were not available. Food was not prepared the way it was ordered. Sent back to the kitchen and it still came out. Manager voluntarily came over to apologize. It was the last time we saw her or anyone as we left the restaurant. No one was at the bar or the front door reception when we left. This is NOT the Roy's we have become accustomed to and enjoyed in the past. We consider this our 'Home' Roy's and have enjoyed their food from Scottsdale to the Big Island to Maui. It was one of the worst restaurant experiences ever.
- Dinner ExperienceIsland204Dined on 10/8/2014We were very disappointed in the Food at Roy's Ko OLINA. We had heard it was outstanding and we did not experience this. The catch of the Day had a sauce on it that just did not complement the fish. The ribs were tough and fatty. They should have fallen off the bone. To say the least, it did not live up to a Fine Dining Restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014Its my 14th year wedding anniversary that time we dine there nobody even give us a complimentary cake after we ate our dinner and also it was raining and water is coming to our table and nobody even bother to ask if we are getting wet or not.Just letting you guys know this is my second time to celebrate my wedding anniversary there and I will never come back there again even your food is good.
- Not greatmiltonDined on 10/4/2014For the price and reputation I was expecting to be blown away but no... steak less than meh, and shrimps were weird tasting, and with a overcooked texture. The sauce was weird and not well presented... just smeared over the plate in a very strange way. The steak was not great... I was able to eat 50% of it - the rest was just pure fat, some soft, some chewy. Very disappointed
- Superb!EnjoyinglifeDined on 10/2/2014My family loves Roys because the food is so delicious, awesome service & a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.