220 North Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roostrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8642982424
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri - 6AM - 11AM
Sat - 6:30AM - 11AM
Sun - 6:30AM - 11AM
Sunday Brunch: 11AM - 3PM
Lunch: 11:30am - 3PM
Bar Menu: 3PM - 11PM
Dinner Menu: 5PM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Trevor Higgins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Roost
When you settle in, you come home to roost. A roost is a place that feels comfortable. It’s a place where we all have a little something in common. It’s a place that takes a community and builds it into a home. That’s the spirit of ROOST Restaurant located in the new, exciting and vibrant community of NOMA Square on Main Street in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. Situated next to the Hyatt Regency Greenville, ROOST is a casual restaurant featuring the best fresh local bounty that the Piedmont has to offer. Our focus is on giving the community a place to eat local, organic, and seasonal food of the highest quality, cooked with care, and at an honest price. Roost will offer guests a one-of-a-kind dining experience including outdoor seating in NOMA Square, an open kitchen with ringside seating along the Kitchen Counter, an open-air bar area, and a Harvest Table where guests can work with the chef directly to build their own meals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roost - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Roost reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (48)special occasion (34)great for brunch (33)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (27)hot spot (27)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (22)scenic view (21)kid-friendly (16)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (15)late-night find (10)Show More
- FairSingerchefVIPDined on 8/29/2014The place is beautiful and the waitress and hostess were wonderful. The food was just average. We will try one more time in case the meals we had were just average and other items are good.Special Features:
- Interesting Take on Southern FareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014I tried the "Rack of Pork Loin" which was a large frenched pork chop "bone in" smoked to perfection...it was served with collard greens which are normally not on my list of favorites, but they were done well with almost a pickled taste...the dessert was huge (Blondies plus ice cream...more than enough for two) and the service was friendly and attentive....Special Features:
- GratuityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Only thing I have to say against this restaurant is they hit you with a surprise 18% gratuity for parties of 6. I agree with paying an extra gratuity when you have a large group, 8 or more is what most restaurants base iit on, but 3 couples. Unpleasant surprise at the end of a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing night outLookingforyumDined on 8/9/2014The food was wonderful, service great, and friendly atmosphere. We dined with friends on the patio with a nice view of main. It was an enjoyable evening. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has room for improvementSoccermomDined on 8/8/2014The location and the food were worthy of a good review but service was lacking. Plenty of employees around but yet our table never get cleared after each course. Our appetizer dishes were pushed to the center to put down our entrees. We even stacked them to make more room but no one picked them up until dessert came. Then our entree plates remained throughout our dessert until our checks came. Our bill for the two of us was over $120 with drinks. I expect to be taken care of better. The other couple we were with had a very fatty brisket, over half of it was not edible, but our dishes were excellent. Location and restaraunt were beautiful but bad service can leave a bad taste in your mouth.Special Features:
- very tasty!SkscrivDined on 8/8/2014Try the club! Went for lunch with a few coworkers and I got the club and the Korean wings. The wings are my favorite and the club is the best that I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BusinessLive4foodVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was a Business dinner. Food was good, appetizers were notable. Server disappeared a couple times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great atmosphere, food and service. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- ServicehunterDined on 8/1/2014Our server, Catherine?, was outstanding. Apparently when my wife made on-line reservations, it ask was it a special occasion. It was our 33rd wedding anniversary and the staff was aware of that. Nice touch.Special Features:
- fantasticZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 7/31/2014Roost is always a pleasure to dine with friends. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Great brunchjmfitzzDined on 7/27/2014I was not expecting much, so I very pleasantly surprised at a great Sunday brunch at roost. Large Buffett but we opted to order from the al a carte menu. Pancakes were big fluffy and had an amazing flavor. Omelets were also great. We sat inside and I thought the atmosphere was nice, better than the pictures on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great indoor / outdoor downtown venue with high quality food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Celebrating my birthday!PartyofsixDined on 7/20/2014When I wanted a favorite spot to invite a few friends to celebrate my birthday, I thought of The Roost. I particularly enjoy their outdoor dining, and while it is normally first come first serve they did me the favor of setting us up outdoors on a perfect evening. The food and service was outstanding, and my joy in celebrating was completed with a "slice" of cake that could have fed 10! Thanks for a terrific night and looking forward to the next excuse to come back...Special Features:
- Horrifying brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Had brunch this past Sunday. I had the shrimp and grits which came out soupy. The egg Benedicts came out hard boiled. Worst of all, the chicken "popsicle" from the kids menu came out totally RAW inside! My daughter had already eaten 2, the 3rd and 4th one was totally uncooked. It took 3 persons to get the manager! Of course apologies were made and our bill was reduced. But all that didnt feel sincere. I was not impress by the wait staff, management and definately not the kitchen. First impressions usually make or break a deal. In this case I seriously doubt we would ever return. And if any ask for recommendations, I'd say to eat at your own risk!
- Nothing specialBrianDined on 6/28/2014No complaints but nothing stood out as outstanding. The service was very good. The food was nothing special, not bad but not great either.
- Great food, cocktails, & service!sadiejkDined on 6/24/2014We went for a late Father's Day celebration and had a fabulous time. The interior is modern and creative, yet still elicits a homey feel, despite its chic, semi-minimalist lines. We all tried different specialty cocktails, which were fabulous, as well as a bottle of wine and a bottle of specialty beer that were perfect recs from our server. Our wait team were present without being overbearing and very in-tune with our needs, as well as knowledgeable about the menu. The food was phenomenal- our favorites of the night being the duck taco appetizer and the tofu pad thai. Our only regret was not making it to dessert! We will definitely be back to try it for sure though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't what I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014The view was very nice, but it had a B rating on the door, we had a particular problem with knats flying round us (and we were in a booth in the very back of the restaurant), and there was water leaking on my girlfriend's neck. The manager did give us our appetizer for free, so I guess the service was OK.Special Features:
- The best thing on MainFoodQueenDined on 6/15/2014I've eaten at Roost a few times now and the food has always been great! I recently went for brunch with my dad and family for Father's Day and it was AMAZING!!! It's quickly becoming my favorite spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch but spendyluv2eatDined on 6/15/2014I really enjoyed the food and expected to pay a higher price tag knowing it was a holiday. Just didnt expect to pay $14 for my 4 year old! One thing the Roost brunch lacks is the salad bar everything else is good just would love more options in vegetables, lettuce options ...etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!d8niteDined on 6/15/2014Food was fantastic and there was a great selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for special occasionfoodroadieDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious and the staff very attentive. The outside dining was nice, but a poor choice if you want to talk and a band is playing at the Hyatt plaza. Roost is pricey for the Greenville market so it won't be a place we will visit often. Nice for the special occasion or out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Our disappointment was with the food. The menu selection sounds fantastic, but when the food arrived, both my husband & I found it to be very bland. I ordered the Country Captain Chicken. The description included bacon, tomatoes, curry, & roasted almonds. While very moist, I found my plate wanting. When I read "madras curry", I expected my a host of spices and my lips to tingle from, what should have been, a spicy curry. Let me clarify that most of what I eat and consider spicy, many consider "mild", so when I say bland, this had NO flavor, NO spice, I could not even taste a hint of the bacon much less chile powder. All in all will probably not be returning. Too much money, not enough flavor.
- Always a winner.TVguyDined on 6/13/2014When you're looking to impress a date, Roost at the downtown Hyatt delivers. The atmosphere is modern with subdued lighting. The food is simply fantastic. During both of my visits, I was able to score an excellent bottle of Schug cab wine, vintage 2010-2011. I'm a regular guy who struggles with "fancy" restaurants. This place is perfect without being pretentious. Dudes, bring your ladies here. Dinner, bottle of wine, dessert and tip will cost you close to $150.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Great waitress - friendly, professional, gave just the right amount of attention! Knew the menu and gave great recommendations! Our dinner choices were fantastic - hot, fresh, savory!Special Features:
- Great food and servicekimwylie0523Dined on 6/9/2014This was our first time going to Roost. We became interested after seeing their online menu. The service was great (attentive, but not overly so) and the food was superb (the ribeye was particularly divine!). Even on a warm night, the patio was lovely with the overhead fans going strong. I highly recommend this spot and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerChappyDined on 6/6/2014We had a great dinner, staff and management treated us great and the food was delicious. The manager offered us a complimentary glass of champagne because of the occasion. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NightCandyDined on 6/6/2014Everything was quite enjoyable. The one disappointment was in the wine price/serving size. If you are going to charge $14 for a glass of wine it should be a standard full glass. Looked like a three ounce serving, far too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timesGregDined on 5/31/2014Great time at roost. Our server Julio was apt and friendly. Apps and cocktails excellent. Main dishes were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014The food was ok but for the price I expected it to be fantastic.Special Features:
- EpidineVIPDined on 5/25/2014Need better bread instead of squishy buns. Flatbread was dry and tasteless. Crab cakes very good.Special Features:
- soil to city supporterfoodieonthelooseDined on 5/24/2014Their 'soil to city' way of serving their guests covers every single ingredient: the goats from which the goat cheese comes, the beer, the ducks - everything! Thank you for supporting our community this way! The food is fresh, prepare by quality, talented chefs, and thoughtful. The portions are huge! Be prepared for leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on my list of greenville's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014The Roost atmosphere is nice but the food wasn't very good especially considering the price. I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Lunch but not dinnerjoepVIPDined on 5/11/2014I ate at Roost a few weeks back for lunch and thought it had promise. But other than some pretty tasty collars greens, all else was a disappointment. Service was slow and without personality, but my primary gripe was the food. Three people, three different dishes, three losers. None of us finished our meal. Might be a good place for lunch or a shrink, but near the bottom of downtown Greenville eateries. Too bad as its an easy to access location at the wend if the Main St district.
- good effort but seriously lackingadamDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good. We went to the mothers day buffet and they did a great job with the food. However, there was no indication how much it would cost and we were very disappointed to see our bill for 2 people with no alcohol was 60 bucks. Also, we waited forever to get napkins from our server and basically didn't see our server at all except to give us th e bill at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Mother's Day Lunch BuffetAussieGirlDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day brunch at Roost was wonderful. Quality food, so many buffet tables, and such variety. Receiving a red rose was a special touch. We sat on the patio. The weather was perfect. You could create your own Mimosa or Bloody Mary from the special ingredients provided. We would go back again for a special occasion brunch. I am already a customer of Roost for lunch and dinner. This was a real treat!! Thank you Roost!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatloaf and bacontomeatsfood14Dined on 5/10/2014have to say this is one of the best meals I've ever had in downtown Greenville. A highly recommended the staff was excellent very fast and super courteous. WSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014brisket awful, fatty....duck tacos were horrible......cole slaw was mayonaise soup with cabbage disappointing because we loved the outdoor seating, overall atmosphere.....
- The following 326 reviews are from the Roost reviews archive.
- JubilantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Very enjoyable dining experience. Short menu but still hard to decide with the great choices. Great for outdoor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great name, disappointing overallTravelingdinerVIPDined on 4/26/2014Loved the name, Roost, which implied a more local feel, but totally not. The restaurant is located in the Hyatt Hotel. Ordered the light continental for granola which they "were making...as they had just unloaded ingredients off of the truck." That was disappointing, especially for a busy Saturday morning. Additionally, my friend asked the server to heat a muffin...she never returned the muffin & had to be reminded as we were exiting the restaurant. Maybe supper at Roost is better, but breakfast was a challenge and I was sad we had chosen the restaurant with so many other great breakfast options in Greenville.Special Features:
- BrisketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The beef brisket was amazing! So was thd mountain high lemon strawberry cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.