620 S. Rangeline Rd
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristoranteromaindy.com/
- Phone: 3178484600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Lucio Romani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: During the weekend we will have live music with a variety that goes from classical to jazz.
A word from Roma Ristorante
Welcome to Roma's Ristorante. The food at Roma’s is an interesting blend of both traditional and innovative Italian cuisine and serves the freshest ingredients possible, many imported directly from Italy. Executive Chef, Lucio Romani, takes great pride in his homemade sauces and his ability to acquire the freshest ingrediants available. Each course is made to order and requires accurate preparation time. Roma is a slow-dining establishment; so come for romance, or for an important business dinner. Roma will accommodate private dining with prix-fixe menus for any special occasion. Italy is known for more than just the cuisine, which is why Roma also offers the finest Italian wines to compliment the food. Along with regular wine selections, a Reserve List is available for those wine enthusiasts with a taste for something special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Roma Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Carmel / Westfield ›
Roma Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (23)romantic (18)notable wine list (12)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- The food is supurb. Larry StoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The owner spends time to speak to each guest. This in itself is very appreciative. Food selection is outstanding. I would positively recommend this fine dining to every one I know. Thank you Larry StoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food has consistently been outstanding every time I have eaten there.Special Features:
- Spontaneous dinner outLove2eatDined on 10/24/2014We both had the dinner specials, pappardelle with pancetta and spicy rum sauce, and fettuccine with goat cheese and pistachios. Great neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Finally, a quality Italian restaurant in Carmel worth visiting. Pasta made in house, a friendly and attentive wait staff and an owner who goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect.Special Features:
- Roma restaurant in Carmel INOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Authentic Italian food prepaired by Italian chef who comes and talks to patrons. Lovely restaurant setting and very professional and friendly service. Truly a hidden gem.Special Features:
- A totally yummy experience1happycamperDined on 10/11/2014Great food! Great atmosphere! I loved the hand made pasta, the tiara masu and everything in between! A real treat to end a long week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestbobinindyDined on 10/9/2014We love this place. From Julie at the front to John at the table to artistry of The Chef(s), we really love Roma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!GigiDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful food, lovely ambiance and excellent service. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Roma Ristorante!Special Features:
- birthdayLove2eatDined on 10/7/2014I have been wanting to try this one out, and we went the other night for my birthday. Lovely neighborhood restaurant, food was outstanding. We shared the calamari appetizer-done very different, but very good. Their pasta is made there, and was cooked perfectly. The tiramisu was really wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experience.DaveDined on 10/4/2014We've been to Ropma at least five or six times and each visit has been excellent. On the latest trip the food was again great, as was the service by a very capable waiter (John?). While not a particularly extensive wine list, it contains many good choices at reasonable prices. We'd recommend Roma to anyone at any time. Dave and Judy ShollySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseHailstoneVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a nice place with good atmosphere. i went there with friends and was delighted with the food and service. i had lamb which was excellent, if a bit more done than i had requested.. The waiter was excellent and knowledgeable. i went back the next night because i had tickets to a concert. The food was good but the service, with another person, was not so good. The chef-owner helped out and that made things better. A definite "find". The wine list is good and fairly priced.Special Features:
- Signor Romani will treat you welljoeformaggioDined on 9/24/2014Have eaten here many times now. They always make you feel welcome. Good food, friendly service.Special Features:
- Late dinnerTbzzVIPDined on 9/23/2014We stopped on a Tuesday evening after my wife picked me up at the airport. The restaurant was not busy. Service was great from the greeting by the hostess through dinner. The calamari appetizer was well prepared and served with a wonderful aioli. We shared a homemade pasta and shrimp daily special and both enjoyed it greatly. We ended with a delightful cannoli made with marscapone in a light crunchy shell. Overall a wonderful experience, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roma! Roma! Roma!1HappyEaterDined on 9/20/2014What a fantastic place to eat. The homemade pasta was out of this world, and certainly a treat to find in Carmel. The staff was friendly and the menu eclectic. Try the canolis!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantissimo!DocsDiningDined on 9/20/2014Paula was our waitress; excellent! The food was delicious...a tad pricey but very good. Service was prompt and extremely courteous. Looking forward to next menu roll out.Special Features:
- Best Italian food in CarmelLuv2dineDined on 9/19/2014This has become my favorite spot to start the weekend. The service is personable and prompt, the food is delicious, and there are some good choices for wine by the glass and even better choices for a bottle. My date almost always orders one of the specials (not listed on the menu), and has not been disappointed. The scallops were especially delectable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than stellarFred123Dined on 9/13/2014The portions were small, my teenage son and I had to go to Subway afterwards because we were still hungry and already threw down over $100 for 5 people. Also, none of us really enjoyed our entrees either. And because of the pricing we all just drank water and had no sides, just the main dish. First Italian restaurant we ever went to where salad was not part of the meal, but was in addition to. I can only imagine what it would have cost if my wife and I were wine drinkers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had the specials on this occasion and they were excellent.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodMamaPriceDined on 9/6/2014I would definitely go back to Roma and very much enjoyed the ravioli that I ordered. My husband ordered the chops and they were really good and the kids loved the pasta and lasagna, but that is all they offer kids. I would actually not recommend taking your kids there as there is no kids menu. Overall we were pleased with the service, food and location. A great place to go with another couple or two. Reservations are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were looking for a good dinner in the neighborhood with friends. It was enjoyable and we will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPapaBearDined on 8/30/2014The food reminded me of little restaurants along the streets of Rome, Venice, Florence or Torino. A true gem! Highly recommend the specials of the night. Will definitely be going back for the food. John was a first class waiter, could easily see him being the top waiter at Ocean Prime or Petersons!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014This place is a real Gem. Outstanding attentive service and the food is simply amazing.Special Features:
- Great findBobdDined on 8/27/2014The food is excellent and staff is attentive, this far superior to any other Italian restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, has a chance for Great ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was the second time I've been to Roma. The first time the dinner was excellent and service was amazing with the Chef/Owner spending a few minutes in the dining room. The second time I felt the menu was a bit limited, specifically in the pastas. My wife got the shrimp entree and while they were big and beautiful, they were still in the shell making it a messy challenge to get to the meat. My pasta special was good but lacked balance in the ingredients; plenty of sausage but not very many mushrooms. I'm confident that the chef and owner will get it right over time. This time was just "ok".
- We will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014If u r looking to find a meal like Olive Garden, this is not the place. If u r looking for authentic Italian from the Rome vicinity, this is that place. Our apps were tasty but the portions were kind of small. The bread with oil and balsamic was wonderful. My Fettuccine with homemade noodles, sausage and mushrooms in a cream sauce was excellent. It is a very rustic, stick to your ribs kind of meal. The shrimp meal Wes spot on. The shrimp were huge! And the sides were all very tasty. The lasagne was made with mottzerella instead of ricotta but that is my preference anyway. The sauce was quite tasty. Cheese tortellini was very good, but the sauce was very salty. Capers maybe? Dessert was a chocolate volcano cake that was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AdditionMurfVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nice addition to the local dining scene. Limited menu with interesting choices and preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, fresh, homemade foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Two chefs from Rome, Italy. Homemade pasta was incredible. Delicious swordfish. Also had a lentil side that was wonderful. Nice menu. Small and intimate setting. We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roma is First RateDaveDined on 8/16/2014This was our fourth or fifth visit to Roma. Each has been a highly enjoyable experience. The food was excellent and the wine list had a number of nice selection s at reasonable prices. The Chef visited each table in the restaurant...nice touch! Our server did a professional job. Good job all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnGeorgeDined on 8/8/2014Nice decor, professional staff, excellent food. Will return. Food was unique, and outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed the quality and taste of our entres. Would like to see salad included with entre and not ala carte. Nice job with decor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time--will be back!GaryVIPDined on 8/1/2014Ate here for the first time with my wife after seeing the place many times from the Monon Trail. Nice small romantic ambience, excellent food, and decent prices for a bottle of wine. We'll definitely be back when we get the chance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Roma!joeformaggioDined on 7/30/2014Have dined here numerous times. The food is always delicious and interesting and the service is always great. Signor Romani, John, and Paula will take very good care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/OK serviceMinivansDined on 7/25/2014We went there for the first time for our 16th anniversary. The server didn't introduce herself. We had to ask for her name. She seemed rushed all the time. The final straw was when we were finishing our desert and coffee she reached across the table and UNDER my arm to grab the completed bill. The food was good but don't know if we will be back.
- meet2eatDined on 7/25/2014We love to come to Roma's with our friends before Paladium performances. It is always friendly and the ambiance is great. The food has always been delicious, and the proportions generous but not overwhelming. We have had the good fortune of having Paula as our server for a couple of times and she is accurately descriptive in helping us to make our menu selections. We also like the realistic Italian décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ItalianMhsulliDined on 7/23/2014If you're looking for a good Italian night out, then this place is a neighborhood gem. Food was well prepared. It was neither too rich or too large a proportion - just right. Wine list was a nice mix of American and Italian wines. Service attention just right also.Special Features:
- A great new findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014We were surprised at how upscale a restaurant it is. We took friends there the next week. Great food, great service. The owner knows how to run a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at Roma!ready2noshDined on 7/19/2014We loved our wonderful meal at Roma Ristorante. The food is clearly prepared with love and care ... the coffee rubbed lamb chops were expertly cooked to medium rare, the grilled walleye with aioli was buttery and substantial, and the fettucini with sausage and mushrooms was even better than the other two entrees. Oh, and did I mention the desserts? The sound level was a pretty energetic and loud but that will not deter us ... we will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2014Roma Ristorante has grown to be not only my favorite Italian restaurant but my favorite restaurant period. I really enjoy the daily specials.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerLucJDined on 7/16/2014Tried out with some friends due to reviews we had seen. We scheduled an early time (5:30). Waiter picked up on the fact that we were not in a rush and wanted to talk so he did not push us to order quickly. Hubby and I had the caprasseish appetizer that included prosciutto on the side. Very good but not very large tomato/cheese portion, but generous serving of prosciutto. I ordered the chicken. HUGE serving and was all dark meat - which I like. Hadlarge amount of leftovers. Husband ordered the lamb which he said was some of the best he had ever tasted. Gnerous portion. Side was risotto. The temperature was strange but the taste was spectacular! Would definitely return to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Roma RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The food was fantastic and the price totally acceptable. Good value for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.