620 S. Rangeline Rd
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristoranteromaindy.com/
- Phone: 3178484600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Lucio Romani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: During the weekend we will have live music with a variety that goes from classical to jazz.
A word from Roma Ristorante
Welcome to Roma's Ristorante. The food at Roma’s is an interesting blend of both traditional and innovative Italian cuisine and serves the freshest ingredients possible, many imported directly from Italy. Executive Chef, Lucio Romani, takes great pride in his homemade sauces and his ability to acquire the freshest ingrediants available. Each course is made to order and requires accurate preparation time. Roma is a slow-dining establishment; so come for romance, or for an important business dinner. Roma will accommodate private dining with prix-fixe menus for any special occasion. Italy is known for more than just the cuisine, which is why Roma also offers the finest Italian wines to compliment the food. Along with regular wine selections, a Reserve List is available for those wine enthusiasts with a taste for something special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Roma Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Carmel / Westfield ›
Roma Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (33)romantic (26)notable wine list (22)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Less than stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The portions were small, my teenage son and I had to go to Subway afterwards because we were still hungry and already threw down over $100 for 5 people. Also, none of us really enjoyed our entrees either. And because of the pricing we all just drank water and had no sides, just the main dish. First Italian restaurant we ever went to where salad was not part of the meal, but was in addition to. I can only imagine what it would have cost if my wife and I were wine drinkers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had the specials on this occasion and they were excellent.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodMamaPriceDined on 9/6/2014I would definitely go back to Roma and very much enjoyed the ravioli that I ordered. My husband ordered the chops and they were really good and the kids loved the pasta and lasagna, but that is all they offer kids. I would actually not recommend taking your kids there as there is no kids menu. Overall we were pleased with the service, food and location. A great place to go with another couple or two. Reservations are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were looking for a good dinner in the neighborhood with friends. It was enjoyable and we will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPapaBearDined on 8/30/2014The food reminded me of little restaurants along the streets of Rome, Venice, Florence or Torino. A true gem! Highly recommend the specials of the night. Will definitely be going back for the food. John was a first class waiter, could easily see him being the top waiter at Ocean Prime or Petersons!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014This place is a real Gem. Outstanding attentive service and the food is simply amazing.Special Features:
- Great findBobdDined on 8/27/2014The food is excellent and staff is attentive, this far superior to any other Italian restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, has a chance for Great ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was the second time I've been to Roma. The first time the dinner was excellent and service was amazing with the Chef/Owner spending a few minutes in the dining room. The second time I felt the menu was a bit limited, specifically in the pastas. My wife got the shrimp entree and while they were big and beautiful, they were still in the shell making it a messy challenge to get to the meat. My pasta special was good but lacked balance in the ingredients; plenty of sausage but not very many mushrooms. I'm confident that the chef and owner will get it right over time. This time was just "ok".
- We will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014If u r looking to find a meal like Olive Garden, this is not the place. If u r looking for authentic Italian from the Rome vicinity, this is that place. Our apps were tasty but the portions were kind of small. The bread with oil and balsamic was wonderful. My Fettuccine with homemade noodles, sausage and mushrooms in a cream sauce was excellent. It is a very rustic, stick to your ribs kind of meal. The shrimp meal Wes spot on. The shrimp were huge! And the sides were all very tasty. The lasagne was made with mottzerella instead of ricotta but that is my preference anyway. The sauce was quite tasty. Cheese tortellini was very good, but the sauce was very salty. Capers maybe? Dessert was a chocolate volcano cake that was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AdditionMurfVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nice addition to the local dining scene. Limited menu with interesting choices and preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, fresh, homemade foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Two chefs from Rome, Italy. Homemade pasta was incredible. Delicious swordfish. Also had a lentil side that was wonderful. Nice menu. Small and intimate setting. We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roma is First RateDaveDined on 8/16/2014This was our fourth or fifth visit to Roma. Each has been a highly enjoyable experience. The food was excellent and the wine list had a number of nice selection s at reasonable prices. The Chef visited each table in the restaurant...nice touch! Our server did a professional job. Good job all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnGeorgeDined on 8/8/2014Nice decor, professional staff, excellent food. Will return. Food was unique, and outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed the quality and taste of our entres. Would like to see salad included with entre and not ala carte. Nice job with decor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time--will be back!GaryDined on 8/1/2014Ate here for the first time with my wife after seeing the place many times from the Monon Trail. Nice small romantic ambience, excellent food, and decent prices for a bottle of wine. We'll definitely be back when we get the chance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Roma!joeformaggioDined on 7/30/2014Have dined here numerous times. The food is always delicious and interesting and the service is always great. Signor Romani, John, and Paula will take very good care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/OK serviceMinivansDined on 7/25/2014We went there for the first time for our 16th anniversary. The server didn't introduce herself. We had to ask for her name. She seemed rushed all the time. The final straw was when we were finishing our desert and coffee she reached across the table and UNDER my arm to grab the completed bill. The food was good but don't know if we will be back.
- meet2eatDined on 7/25/2014We love to come to Roma's with our friends before Paladium performances. It is always friendly and the ambiance is great. The food has always been delicious, and the proportions generous but not overwhelming. We have had the good fortune of having Paula as our server for a couple of times and she is accurately descriptive in helping us to make our menu selections. We also like the realistic Italian décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ItalianMhsulliDined on 7/23/2014If you're looking for a good Italian night out, then this place is a neighborhood gem. Food was well prepared. It was neither too rich or too large a proportion - just right. Wine list was a nice mix of American and Italian wines. Service attention just right also.Special Features:
- A great new findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014We were surprised at how upscale a restaurant it is. We took friends there the next week. Great food, great service. The owner knows how to run a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at Roma!ready2noshDined on 7/19/2014We loved our wonderful meal at Roma Ristorante. The food is clearly prepared with love and care ... the coffee rubbed lamb chops were expertly cooked to medium rare, the grilled walleye with aioli was buttery and substantial, and the fettucini with sausage and mushrooms was even better than the other two entrees. Oh, and did I mention the desserts? The sound level was a pretty energetic and loud but that will not deter us ... we will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2014Roma Ristorante has grown to be not only my favorite Italian restaurant but my favorite restaurant period. I really enjoy the daily specials.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerLucJDined on 7/16/2014Tried out with some friends due to reviews we had seen. We scheduled an early time (5:30). Waiter picked up on the fact that we were not in a rush and wanted to talk so he did not push us to order quickly. Hubby and I had the caprasseish appetizer that included prosciutto on the side. Very good but not very large tomato/cheese portion, but generous serving of prosciutto. I ordered the chicken. HUGE serving and was all dark meat - which I like. Hadlarge amount of leftovers. Husband ordered the lamb which he said was some of the best he had ever tasted. Gnerous portion. Side was risotto. The temperature was strange but the taste was spectacular! Would definitely return to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Roma RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The food was fantastic and the price totally acceptable. Good value for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014The pork dish was absolutely amazing! The wine list is very good. Great place to dine!Special Features:
- Piu buono e piu buono!joeformaggioDined on 7/8/2014Every time we dine here I am more impressed. The new menu is full of fabulous dishes. They should think about adding a zuppa. We are going to eat here regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner italianoDiningChicDined on 7/8/2014Lasagne was average, pasta dish was dry with not enough sauce. Caesar salad and bread were delicious. Menu was limited.
- Good but not wonderfulLucyDined on 7/8/2014The food at Roma was good but not wonderful - perhaps adequate is the right word. We had salmon and the pork loin, and I actually like my own salmon recipe better than theirs. Potato side dish was good, but the squash was not very flavorful. Server was attentive, but we felt a bit rushed, and we weren't there on a weekend night. For a small restaurant, the wine list is impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceLETMEDOWNEASYDined on 7/5/2014Our wait staff Cory was exceptionally attentive and informative. The food was light and unique. We especially liked the calamari and homemade lemon mayonaise. Overall great follow through on a recommendation.Special Features:
- Great food; friendly place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014I would recommend this restaurant, however, be prepared that they don't have an extensive menu. I assumed that they would then offer a fair variety of specials, but they only had one. Everything that our party of 4 had was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DanabananaDined on 6/28/2014Everything that was served was wonderful! I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Nice place for a special occasion dinner. Very good food and service. Quaint restaurant.Special Features:
- First time diners!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Three of us enjoyed dinner here for the first time. We all ordered three different entrees and agreed that all of our meals were excellent!Special Features:
- Great!RyanDined on 6/24/2014Great time and can't wait to go back. Food and service were just great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more pasta dishesFoodskiDined on 6/24/2014Great flavors and aromas,but very limited mains and sides a downerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than EverbobinindyDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant (ristorante) just keeps getting better. The chef has tweaked his menu again to keep it from getting stale and..well, the lamb chops (and I rarely eat lamb chops)? I didn't think the taste could outdo the aroma. I was wrong. And then there was this layered potato block that just melted in my mouth. My wife's noki with marinara was heaven on her tongue. The service (John) was absolutely spot-on. Love this place and the people who work there.Special Features:
- Excellent finddws61Dined on 6/21/2014The food at this restaurant is excellent. We have been twice to sample more dishes and the food and service have been excellent. I would recommend Roma to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roma Ristorante early eveningLkhntrDined on 6/19/2014Facility filled up quickly after 6:00 on a Thursday evening.. Early service very good , but understaffing was apparent by 7:00. By far one of the best meals ever eaten in an Italian retaurant. Spectacular lamb chops and excellent choices of wine. Reflective sound very problematic. Many people could be seen leaning in and cupping ear to hear table conversation. We will go back to experiment with the many choices inspite of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomaArtieGordoNorthDined on 6/14/2014The food was exceptional. The menu was complete. The staff was very experienced. It's a great neighborhood place. There's going to be a lot of regulars.Special Features:
- First VisitEglLegVIPDined on 6/14/2014Relatively new neighborhood Italian restaurant. Food was good but quality was uneven. Server was good and worked with us to make a concert. Music was too loud, but was reduced upon request. All in all, a good but not great experience. But we'll try it again.Special Features: