Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
701 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://roaringfork.com/
- Phone: 5125830000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adrian Giovanelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress
The Roaring Fork offers bold American wood-fire cooking with fine dining atmosphere. We serve dinner nightly starting at 5pm and Happy Hour daily from 4pm - 7pm in our bar and lounge area only. Sorry, no reservations for Happy Hour. Our bar and lounge is always open seating. We also serve lunch Monday through Friday starting at 11am. Reservations are always recommended for both, lunch and dinner. Thank you for your interest and we hope to serve you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Roaring Fork - Downtown, Congress reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (55)romantic (44)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Excellent restaurantsofiVIPDined on 10/12/2014Fabulous service, food was excellent and prices were surprisingly low for the quality of the food, ambiance and service.Special Features:
- Best steak in AustinWildc66Dined on 10/6/2014This place is great been twice in a week why we were in Austin the starter I had was fantastic pork in a kettle with chillis, main corse had fillit steak with mash and asparagus was done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for taking clients!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014I wanted this dinner to be a hit with my clients and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpotmegwilDined on 10/3/2014My boyfriend and I return to The Roaring Fork for our yearly anniversaries and it's always delicious! Lately I've been hearing awesome things about the lunches and may have to check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot Oncday12345VIPDined on 10/2/2014Every aspect of my dinner was spot on. The Texas Kicker cocktail was blended to perfection; the braised short ribs over horseradish mashed potatoes would have been great on their own, and the server suggested adding two fried eggs and it put it over the top! The vanilla crème brulee was excellent, as was the draw of the cappuccino. Definitely coming back the next time I am in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SumptuousRockwallTxDined on 9/27/2014Relaxing atmosphere with great service. Food was exceptional. Our table enjoyed Redfish, Pork tenderloin & Steak salad. Clean plates all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good service...mfacusseDined on 9/26/2014The menu options were interesting unlike the other restaurants in the area with just the same old standards. The food was good and arrived quickly. There servers were courteous and the prices were on par with the area. Overall a good experience for a business lunch.Special Features:
- MeetingniceDined on 9/25/2014It was a great place for a business meeting. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The service was excellent! Can't remember our waitresses name but she was Good! And he Big A burger was cooked to my specifications. Enjoyed it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Had my anniversary dinner here and the staff were so lovely from the hostess, wait staff and the manager himself. Would come back here for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Too loud dining in barLikeitquietDined on 9/20/2014Roaring Fork is great place for preshow dining. Service is attentive. Menu varied. Manager checks on diners. Ask to sit away from bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for thoughtBandof1Dined on 9/20/2014We chose Roaring Fork because we had tickets to an event at the Paramount which is right next door. The restaurant has a nice ambiance. Our table was right by the open kitchen and the noise from the glassware, plates and kitchen prep was louder than I would have liked. The service was prompt, attentive and good. All our questions about the various food items was answered quickly and completely. The food was good and reasonably priced for downtown Austin. Try the mussels with chorizo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DynamiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I are from out of town and we found this place online. Food was excellent. Tortilla soup was best I've had, and the roasted chicken was perfect. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night SuccessBilldeDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I were having a night out and we were staying at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel in Austin and went to the Roaring Fork for dinner. The food was great, the service was great. The only drawback I felt was the table we were seated seemed to be an afterthought, crammed in to just enough space. Luckily there was just the two of us, had their been any more the table would not have been acceptable. Many times I was bumped by other wait staff as they tried to reach a booth in the corner next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodCanutoDined on 9/19/2014Very good food. We will be happy to go to eat here again. Food was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mactinywitchcheeseDined on 9/14/2014The experience at roaring fork was fantastic! Our waiter had the fullest thickest beard of them all and was a awesome and he even brought us mac and cheese made by tiny little witches!! SO MUCH FUN YAY!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingalready8Dined on 9/14/2014Great service, great food! We will definitely become frequent guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014great food and sesrvice. pretty loud, but we were able to carry on a conversation. Can they provide a little light to read the menu/wine list -- a pet peeveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roaring Fork Austin Sep 12, 2014RoaringForkAustinDined on 9/12/2014Took my wife to Roaring Fork in downtown Austin for our anniversary on a Friday night. We had reservations, our table was waiting for us with a "Happy Anniversary" note. Food and service was outstanding. Loved the Green Chile Pork appetizer, the steaks were tended and flavorful. Highly recommended for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Dependable Quality Excellent FoodJimCVIPDined on 9/12/2014Try the Blackened Redfish with Chilpolte Beurre Blanc. The fig and goat cheese salad is exquisite. They also have steaks but don't list them on the menu? They grill over wood chips for great flavor.Special Features:
- Great Dinner! Outside view was Meh.CookingShowDined on 9/5/2014Everything about The Roaring Fork (I have been here once before) was just how I remembered it! Amazing food (the stuffing that comes with the split roasted half chicken is literally something you can die happy after eating), great atmosphere indoors, and prompt, yet discreet service. The only complaint was the view from side of the restaurant we were on was not too scenic or pleasant, and involved a grey, urban wall with a dirty food truck in front of it. However, taking the time to make a reservation meant having a lovely sit-in booth, avishly set out for two. We felt so welcome, and it completely made up for the strange view outside of the restaurant window; we hardly noticed it.Special Features:
- not as good as I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Was disappointed that our reservation got us seated in the noisy bar area instead of the dining room. Probably won't use Open Table again to book here because I would want to insure this didn't happen again. I usually like the food here, but a few things were a little off,,,Special Features:
- not worth the pricejjcoers1Dined on 9/5/2014It was very noisy. Our waiter was slow getting our cocktails (which we ordered because the wine list was very overpriced) I ordered an appetizer that never arrived and was, btw, the reason we went to this restaurant. Our steaks were good, as we're the salad & veggie, but everything is a landline carte, so it was far too expensive. Had I known this, I would have chosen another restaurant, which are plentiful these days in Austin.Special Features:
- Evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014So this our favorite place to eat when taking in a show in Austin. The food is absolutely fabulous and the service is the very best I've had around this town,we will certainly be back and soon I hope.Located in a convient location and the décor is comfortable,I have a great appreciation for the everything is conductedSpecial Features:
- Fun, fantastic food, exceptionalmelmacDined on 9/1/2014My husband had the short ribs and he raved about them. The scallops were very delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delish - Great Service.KerryBVIPDined on 9/1/2014Roaring Fork goes above and beyond. Kind and prompt service from all servers and staff, and a spectacular manager (Thanks Josh!). The food is always spot on and delicious. Loved the new red fish dish on the menu, and loved the mahi special on the menu. Thanks!
- Great service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Steak cooked perfectly. Austin flair in a beautiful historic hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly EnjoyableAustinKenDined on 8/27/2014We attended Roaring Fork downtown for my daughters birthday. The dining room was so loud we had to practically scream to hear each other at the table and we were all sitting across from each other, on a 5' round table. The room was so packed it was just way too loud to be an enjoyable time with friends and family I think. The food was good, but a little undercooked on two of the pork dishes. The service though was exceptional, just the way you would expect it should be. Aside from the noise, I think it was a good experience, I will likely try it again but maybe at their other location due to the noise issue. I'd prefer not to have to scream at friends and family just so we can hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate their twice!PdemoreVIPDined on 8/27/2014I stayed at the Intercontinental and had 2 amazing dinners here. Great service too.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great place for a date night and great food portions.Special Features:
- One of my favesAustinfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food here was, as usual, great, especially the pork loin and the filet. The queso con puerco was not quite hot enough, temperature-wise, but still very tasty. Side dishes I had, the cheese grits and the corn, were to die for! BUT...if you go just before a big event at the Paramount, expect the place to be very busy. Don't be disappointed if it takes a little longer to get your drinks, or whatever. Just the way it is.Special Features:
- Great timehookemhornsDined on 8/16/2014Everyone was great the service was outstanding had a wonderful time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and location!NT90Dined on 8/14/2014I came here to eat with a close friend from college whom I had not seen in over a year. Food was exquisite. I ordered the cedar planked salmon and was blown away. Cooked just right with a delicious green bean salad. Topped off with a bourbon berry lemonade. It was sublime. The only drawback for the whole night was that the waitress (Emma) took a bit longer than I would have liked in checking on us and bringing us the check. Other than that, it was a great first time experience and I would heartily recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrostyDined on 8/13/2014The Roaring Fork is always consistently great food at a reasonable price for lunch downtown.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBob1Dined on 8/11/2014The service and food are excellent. This is a good restaurant for a dinner when you are going to be in Austin and want something other than Mexican food and BBQ. It is also a very comfortable place for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the noon hourCarolineDined on 8/4/2014We did make reservations to insure we could get a table and in an effort to get out in less than an hour. We had amazing service who could 'read' our needs and knew we weren't there to dilly-dally - never felt rushed, and we were able to get in and out in under an hour. Excellent for those of us that just can't take extended lunches.Special Features:
- Delicious!PsmithDined on 8/3/2014Great food and great service! Recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!gfoxDined on 8/2/2014All 4 of us had the filet and it was incredible! The sides and desert were all great. I wish I could eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badConsultantDined on 7/30/2014It was not bad - not revolutionary either. The expectations were a bit higher given the other reviews online, so I would say this one is fine and unlikely to offend anyone else in your party but it is not going to win you praise for weeks either.
- Roaring ForkDarcyDined on 7/30/2014We were visiting Austin for a work convention I took a chance and made reservations at the Roaring Fork for 6. I did look at the reviews on Yelp before. The experience was great, the waiter awesome and the food was awesome as well! I will definately go again if given the opportunity!Special Features: