Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant - Lone Tree
9535 Park Meadows Dr
Lone Tree, CO 80124Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant - Lone Tree
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://riograndemexican.com/details/locations.aspx?id=1&loc=6
- Phone: 3037994999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: William Herrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday: Family Appreciation Night and Kids Eat Free
Monday thru Friday: Happy Hour from 3-6pm with $3 tacos, $3 drafts, $3 appetizers and $1 off margaritas!
A word from Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant - Lone Tree
The Rio provides sanctuary from the problems of the world while serving the best dang margaritas and Mexican food this side of the Rio Grande. Fresh Tex-Mex Cuisine is created in house everyday. We are known for our legendary margaritas and our festive atmosphere. We aim to create a family friendly environment and provide weekly entertainment for inexpensive social outings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant - Lone Tree - Best Restaurants in Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree ›
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant - Lone Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good Mex for VeggiesTamDine99Dined on 9/13/2014Even though I'm vegetarian they were able to accommodate me. The margaritas are a good value. The guacamole & entree (cheese enchiladas) were good. Don't touch the hot plate!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerkatipearlDined on 9/6/2014I brought one of my friends here to celebrate her birthday. Not only did the wait staff go above and beyond to make our dinner fun, the food and margs were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was AWESOME!WoodyBDined on 9/5/2014Friendly, attentive, but NEVER pushy staff. They worked as a team. Busy evening, yet our food arrived in a timely manner, correctly prepared, with NO problems - and there were six of us! Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RioMBSBDined on 9/5/2014Yummy food. Great margs! Good night out with friends. Funny and friendly server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceJohnVIPDined on 8/5/2014We came in to the Rio Grande with my in-laws. Great food, great drinks and an even better server. Thanks so much for a great experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- KathyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed another date night with great service, food and drink.Special Features:
- Spinach enchilada with ZuchiniHananVIPDined on 7/19/2014Yummm, that Insalata was delicious! I am glad they are so generous with the spinach. Four iamb a spinach lover is something I like in my died every day. My friend had the fish tacos and mauled them down. With that I'm assuming they are great! I drink a Don Julio Anejo Coin Margarita. It was done perfectly! What are you waiting for? Go and get yourself some delicious Mexican food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good this timeJohnVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were a large party of 15, which we know is hard to serve. However the waiter was very cocky and disinterested in making us happy. It seemed that because we weren't getting any alcohol that we weren't important. The tables were sticky. The food was mediocre and dry. I have been there many times before and have had great service so hopefully this was a one time deal. A table behind us had a family that let their approximately 5 year old keep screaming throughout the entire dinner. The family just kept laughing and it seemed that they were friends of some of the workers. This was the worst experience at a restaurant I've had in a long time. I am sure that we weren't the only ones this evening
- Outstanding FoodCuzindenverDined on 7/16/2014I ordered the steak fajitas this time and the steak enchilada the previous visit. The meat was amazing both times with a great flavor exactly how I remembered. I normally don't order steak with Mexican food but will every time I visit Rio Grande. Also the salsa was amazing with the perfect "kick"!! Well worth the drive from Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MargsKevinDined on 7/3/2014The Rio is a colorado institution. It's consistently tasty and the margaritas are better than most mexican restaurants. It's a very large restaurant, so it's great for groups and meeting up with people.Special Features:
- Great first time experienceCuzindenverDined on 6/25/2014From making the reservation to the customer service we experienced through out our dinner, our experience was wonderful. Our server Alex was amazing and very attentive to our needs. He is so great at his job and knows how to deal with the public!!Special Features:
- Weird Reservation PolicyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014The food was good, the restaurant was somewhat loud and it was difficult to carry on a conversation. My only concern is that my mother called to make a reservation for 12 people and was told that they did not take reservations after 4pm. I then went online and was able to make the exact same reservation through opentable. The restaurant was also not very busy which lead us to not understand the policy of not taking phone reservations after 4pm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Very GoodVVWDAWVIPDined on 5/30/2014I used to be a fan of the margaritas at the Rio Grande in Boulder. But either their recipe has changed or I have changed, because I really didn't enjoy it. And the food went downhill from there. The Tortilla Soup was more like tomato vegetable soup with carrots and celery. The tomatillo salsa on my burrito was very bitter, probably because the tomatillos weren't ripe enough. My husband's steak burrito with the hot green chili was OK but not great. The only good things about the dining experience was that the waitress was very friendly and prompt, and the Open Table reservation was great to have because there was a huge waiting line when we arrived.
- Good foodFunnyNachoDined on 5/22/2014Good food and relaxed atmosphere! Wait staff is very helpful and takes care of the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 149 reviews are from the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant - Lone Tree reviews archive.
- Good taste, but weak presentation.HeathDined on 5/13/2014I can't complain about the flavors, but we were hoping for a little more effort in presentation for the price point. I know it has a reputation for margaritas, but since we don't drink, there's no allure there. I'm not saying stay away. I'm not saying drop everything and go. Just a good meal and a fair price.
- Mother's Day TreatFoodiefaveDined on 5/11/2014I had been to the Rio Grande for dinner with friends a couple of times so thought we'd try brunch/lunch for my family since the food was so great. I was very pleased to be able to make a reservation for 9 of us. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. All of us will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love my fajitasHananVIPDined on 5/8/2014Party of six and no one had any complaints. Service was great ! Hostess didn't know anything about OpenTable.com and was slightly on the Rude SIDESpecial Features:
- Happy HourRBZLDined on 4/30/2014We went during happy hour to check the place out for the first time. The food was pretty good, the drinks/margaritas were fairly average but everyone else seems to think they're amazing so we must be a minority. Service was a little on the poor side - they weren't very busy, but water didn't get refilled, an order had to be remade, and the items on the bill weren't priced according to the happy hour prices. I've seen them packed at dinner, so I'm a little worried to go back when they're that busy if the service when they're slow isn't amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corona light on tapkerriVIPDined on 4/22/2014love that you now have corona light on tap -- so good as is everything elseSpecial Features:
- It's the Rio, you go for thekwickoneDined on 4/12/2014It's the Rio, you go for the Margaritas and environment, not necessarily the food. That being said, all four of us had the Rio Salad, with varying meat toppings and dressings. We all LOVED it! I had the salad with the Shrimp option, but requested the "Diabla" preparation for the shrimp. It was AWESOME! Others had the 'smoked chicken' topping, which had a zesty green sauce that was great too. And of course the Mararitas (House with Rocks and Salt) were fantastic as always. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:
- Not the original...Fan4BroncoDined on 4/5/2014The Rio is a great restaurant which started in Fort Collins. The original still has the best atmosphere and the best patio. However, the best part of dining at the Rio is still available in Lone Tree...the margaritas. Still the best I've ever had. The food is good but you don't really go for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!kerriVIPDined on 3/7/2014enjoyed dinner as usual - service was better than everSpecial Features:
- Rio Grande Sad DayM155YDined on 3/1/2014I was very disappointed with my visit to the Rio this time. It was so loud in the place that you could barely have a conversation with the person sitting next to you. Our waiter acted like he was out for a Sunday stroll, there was no hustle in his step at all. At one point he left my drink sitting on a tray so that he could go attend to another table. Then when the food came out he forgot to ring in one of my friends orders, so she had to wait for her food while the rest of us started to eat ours. The water jugs at the table were never refilled for our entire visit nor did the waiter ask if we would like to have them refilled. I will say that the food was very delicious and enjoyable however, that was the only enjoyable part of my visit.Special Features:
- love the enchiladaskerriVIPDined on 2/22/2014the crab and shrimp enchiladas are the best - fresh and tastySpecial Features:
- If you are a "newbie" to theIzzyVIPDined on 2/21/2014If you are a "newbie" to the area finding this location can be tricky. We were seated right away (4 children & myself), unfortunately we were seated next to a table of young drinking adults (and more people showed up as we were eating and crammed us in at the table). The staff should be able to use better judgement in family seating vs tables of drinking. The waiter took 15 minutes to approach and mentioned he was filling in for our assigned waiter. The chile con queso was bland and the salsa was watery. The food was just ok. The kids ordered nachos and there was more lettuce on the plate than any meat, chip, cheese, or beans! I ordered the enchiladas verde - which barely had any verde and was dry. We won't be revisiting this restaurant.Special Features:
- Rio Grande Park MeadowsJivesDined on 2/14/2014Good food, good service, fairly standard Mexican menu, reasonably pricedI would recommend this to a friend.
- I was able to make a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I was able to make a reservation and was seated on time. The hostess was great, the food was great and my service was good. I would definitely recommend the Rio Grande Restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightkerriVIPDined on 2/8/2014loved the shrimp and crab enchiladas -- taste great every time!!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceLisaVIPDined on 1/31/2014First we sat at a table in the bar and no one waited on us. So we decided to go to our table. We must have been invisible because a lot of waiters came by our table but no one acknowledge us. So after about 15 minutes we got up and left. We told the manager what happened and all she did was make excuses for the servers. Never going back.
- Another fun nightKathyVIPDined on 1/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and Rio margs as always!Special Features:
- Awesome Food & Drinks!ChrisDined on 1/17/2014We have been to Rio Grande many times and always have excellent food and delicious margaritas! Will be back again soon too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's face it...it's the margaritasikiruDined on 1/17/2014If you don't know by now, Rio Grande has great margaritas. That is really the reason to go here. There are a few really good items on the menu, but most of the food is mediocre, especially compared to other Mexican restaurants in Denver. I find their appetizers to be better than their main dishes. Overall, a great place to go if you want to hang with friends, snack, and drink some great margaritas. But if you want a really good Mexican dinner, you can do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place too eat and thehammer31Dined on 1/10/2014Great place too eat and the margaritas are the bomb!!!!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseHelios11Dined on 1/1/2014Best chile relleno I've had in a long time. We visited Rio Grande before going to a movie right next door, just because it was convenient. The food turned out to be exceptional. Good fajitas, and they offer discounts to movie tickets if you purchase through them. I will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stick with margaritas and quesofamnightDined on 12/29/2013Great margarita's and queso. Entree's were average in taste and over pricedSpecial Features:
- Open Table - Really?DukeDenverDined on 12/26/2013Open Table should discontinue its association with this restaurant. Our reservation, made 7 hours before the seating, was not honored. Our table was not ready for 20 minutes after our reserved time. When seated, our table still had rice and other gunk still on it. Food was passable for Mexican, but clearly not the caliber of Open Table restaurants. The green chili covering my burrito was a poor excuse, lacking flavor and appeared more like a starchy, flour based goop with a tinge of green coloring added. Service improved after a complaint to the manager, and a 50% discount for our troubles -- neither will bring us back to this place. Lone Tree deserves better.Special Features:
- Excellent Fajitas!ReneeVIPDined on 12/17/2013Try the fajitas! We've had chicken, steak, and shrimp and have not been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have great Margaritas,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013They have great Margaritas, but the food is terribleSpecial Features:
- CaringBaptismDined on 11/24/2013The GM Susan greeted us at the door, reviewed our group needs, introduced us to our server. VERY professional and showed a caring attitude. We felt very welcome at the Rio. Will certainly place the Rio Grand on our go to place for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkshannyDined on 11/16/2013The food and wait service were great, but the women at the front acted as though we didn't have a reservation. We waited for over 20 minutes before getting seated. It was very busy but the wait made me think that they did not know about the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.