Rick Erwin's West End Grille
648 South Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin's West End Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rickerwins.com/
- Phone: 8642328999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Until. Bar opens daily at 4:00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cubberly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're hosting a small social gathering or large business function, Rick Erwin's will custom-tailor an event worthy of the occasion. Our private dining room is intimate and striking, sophisticated and comfortable. This semi-private, glass-encased dining room seats up to 24 and is adjacent to an elegant wine cellar with a vast selection of fine wines.
In a semi-private setting we can accommodate up to 50 additional guests, thereby accommodating parties of up to 75 guests.
Our full-time dining professionals will guide you in planning an event to remember. We value the opportunity to host your event, and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Our private dining area simply requires a reservation. We do not require deposits or contracts, thereby making your experience as easy as possible.
NEW - We are now offering private lunch party services for your special afternoon occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532x
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or Sarah@redininggroup.com
A word from Rick Erwin's West End Grille
Located in Greenville’s Historic West End district, Rick Erwin’s West End Grille is a traditional American steak and seafood house that takes fine dining to new levels. With a stylish bar, cozy wine cellar, and inviting dining room bathed in rich, dark woods, Rick Erwin’s boasts an atmosphere infused with ambiance and complemented by an extensive contemporary menu and fine wine list. At the same time, intimate and striking, sophisticated and comfortable. A private glass-encased dining room seats 24 and is adjacent to an elegant wine cellar with a vast selection of fine wines. Atop the restaurant is a private 1,400 square-foot loft apartment available for private dinners and special events. A passion for exquisite food and exceptional service inspired Rick Erwin, a Greenville native, to open Rick Erwin’s West End Grille. We recognize the most important part of our restaurant is supremely satisfied guests. Our commitment is a memorable, outstanding dining experience for every guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin's West End Grille - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin's West End Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)romantic (131)notable wine list (112)fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (53)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Ourstanding First VisitMikeAndChristiDined on 9/15/2014This was our first visit to Rick Erwin's West End Grill and it will not be our last. Having visited Rick Erwin's other restaurants (Nantucket and Grill Marks), we expected a good experience; however, the West End Grill surpassed our expectations. From our waiter (Darek) to the perfectly grilled steaks (Oscar style), our anniversary dinner was top notch. We are checking our calendars in search of another celebration so we can go back soon ... very soon. Thank you, Rick Erwin and thank you, Darek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Service, food and atmosphere are top notch! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationlindaluDined on 9/9/2014I mentioned to the hostess that we were celebrating my parents' birthdays, 82 and 84. They made a fuss over my parents, but not too much, and were so attentive to us all evening. The music was a little loud, and they immediately turned it down upon our request. Rick came by our table and made a fuss over my parents. The wine and food was delicious. They offer two specials that include 3 or 4 entrees that are moderately priced but full of flavor! Excellent night. We will go back!!!Special Features:
- Top of the charts in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Rick Erwins always offers great exposure to out of town guests as Greenville's finest ambiance and cuisine.Special Features:
- Superb Dining!FoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014We chose Rick Erwin's West End Grill to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary because we knew from previous visits that everything would be perfect. The food is always of the highest quality and the service is impeccable. We both had the Surf and Turf which came with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes and we ordered a side of macaroni and cheese. Freshly baked bread and a dish of olive oil and Parmesan cheese for dipping gave us something to munch on while we waited for our salads. For dessert, we shared a piece of chocolate torte along with our coffees. The meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Svc - Need dress code1ATEDined on 9/6/2014Food was great as always and our server and service was top notch. The location is prime, even the music is great and the valet parking is wonderful, particularly on a rainy night. My only complaint...I wish they had a dress code. It doesn't have to be ties for gentlemen, or even sport coats necessarily but when I decide to go out for a meal at $150 for a couple, exclusive of wine, its changes the experience when the 40-something year old guy at the table beside me has on shorts, striped socks and tennis shoes. And he wasn't the only one. I saw plenty of shorts, flip flops and the like. Everything from servers, to music to lighting to décor was in keeping with the same brand standard. Ill-dressed patrons contradict that standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's Birthday CelebrationKellyDined on 9/6/2014We loved our waitress Amanda!! She was so sweet! And the steak was to die for :) as a mother of a two year old; nights out are very rare. Thanks for making it specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 9/5MarkJVIPDined on 9/5/2014Had dinner at Rick's on a Friday night. Have been a dining there somewhat frequently, and feel they have really stepped up their game on the seafood side. We ordered Scallops and swordfish and they were excellent. Service was just fair -- felt rushed, less personalized, and overall not what I expect from Rick's staff. In the past, Adriana has helped us and service is excellent, this time we just had someone different. Will be back, maybe was a one off.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!TennisGirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014As we've come to expect - but still are thrilled each time - Rick Erwin's is a top notch, fine dining experience; great food and wine surpassed only by great service. You won't go wrong choosing Rick Erwin's!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in GreenvilleJaybirdDined on 9/5/2014Rick Irwin's has fantastic food, service and atmosphere. It is the best restaurant in Greenville and there are a lot of good restaurants.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Foodielvr50Dined on 8/30/2014Took my fiancé there for her birthday and now I'm afraid to take her anywhere else for fear it won't measure up to our experience. Best place in Greenville to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2014Fantastic steaks. Great service. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Just a terrific place to have a special dinner with your mate.Special Features:
- Need to come more often!ReneeDined on 8/26/2014I came with two friends for Restaurant Week! Ti was amazing with his friendly and helpful suggestions. I strayed off the RW menu after telling Ti that I was a ribeye kinda girl. I went with Ti's suggestion of the 12 oz Dry Aged Delmonico. I usually like my steaks MR but he led me towards Med for this cut and it was absolutely amazing. I selected the Kahlua Chocolate Torte for dessert. It was so light.....it felt like spoonfuls of yummy chocolately air in my mouth. It was fabulous as well! We shared a bottle+ of Pinot Noir too!Special Features:
- Great for entertaining guestsDiabeticdiva16Dined on 8/23/2014Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience!Special Features:
- Love it stillKrdinersDined on 8/23/2014This was our 2nd trip here with another couple with whom we dine once a month. This time there was a "foodie" week and the food was just as good as when it was just off the menu. Service was excellent & unobstrucive & the dining experience was like dining in Europe...no rushing you out for the next group. This made our dining experience seem like an event rather than "just dinner." We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food: AverageGarryDined on 8/22/2014The food is far better at your sister restaurant Nantucket Grill. Service was good here, as was the plate presentation, but the food was less than exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food & service!DanaFLDined on 8/22/2014So I expected it to be like a Ruth's Chris, but it was even better! Great menu with lots of options, and as our awesome server (Melissa) explained to us; the menu is a starting point and they will happily customize any meal you want. I LOVE this attitude! We all enjoyed every part of our meal from start to finish!!! We will absolutely go back. Valet parking at the front door is a nice perk too, since downtown parking can be somewhat difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMartiniqueenDined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate Birthday. Everything was perfect as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!Mikey1994Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went to Rick Erwin's for our 20 year anniversary. I put a note on Open Table about it being our anniversary but my expectations weren't high that it would be read. We were both very pleasantly surprised. We were treated like royalty. Mr. Erwin came to our table and introduced himself. The service and the food were outstanding! And the anniversary dessert was out of this world! I highly recommend Rick Erwin's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charred Rib EyeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/14/2014Having heard great things from client and co-workers I visited during the week to get my Rib Eye fix only to find the Seafood Bisque to be the highlight of my meal. My 20oz Bone in Prime RibEye was charred to the point it masked the entire steak flavor forcing me to rely on A1 for taste. It was ordered medium and yet was medium rare at points while being charred too much on the outside. Perhaps I got a newbie on the grill but nonetheless it was disappointing. Pressed for time and up against their closing time I submitted to the poor experience.
- Special PlaceDatenightDined on 8/12/2014This is a great place to take my out of town visiting friends and family. I also think it is a kid friendly place and a place to renew with a love one, that's what I did over dinner.Special Features:
- Rick Erwin stopped bymotoonvacationDined on 8/12/2014Great restaurant, bar, menu, food and service. Rick stopped by to thank each table for coming in. Nice personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant!!cremebruleeloverDined on 8/12/2014Rick Erwin's West End Grille is our favorite restaurant. The food is absolutely outstanding. We have recommended Rick Erwin's to several friends and all have enjoyed it. We took a visitor from France to dinner there and he loved it. The Gourmet Greens Salad is the best salad ever. The Creme Brulee is to die for. We can't wait to dine there again. An added bonus on our last visit was getting to meet Rick Erwin. It was so nice of him to introduce himself and ask how our food was. The answer of course was "delicious".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDLorDined on 8/11/2014Rick Erwin's is a treasure to have in Greenville. The food is always wonderful and the service impeccable. I am never disappointed when we go there for our special occasions.Special Features:
- A dining experienceDelawareDined on 8/11/2014In Greenville for a first time. Loved the city and the food. Went to Rick Erwin's West End Grill for our anniversary. Had made reservation through Open Table and mentioned the occasion. Everything was perfect: we were welcomed by our server with anniversary wishes, service impeccable, attention to us , food; a terrific evening. Met the owner and found him charming and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlsweekend1Dined on 8/9/2014Overall experience was awesome! It was our first visit there and we will be returning! The food was delicious and there were a lot of choices. The staff was very friendly and professional and seemed very happy to be working there! It's had to find that in a lot of restaurants. This place rates very high on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingIlovefoodDined on 8/8/2014Every time we visit here no matter what occasion the food and service is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnLuvgreatfoodDined on 8/8/2014The menu is great, with lots of choices. We had a group of four and everyone ordered from the Theatre menu. The only complaint is the steaks were not cooked to order. We ordered them cooked to a medium, described as a hot red center. One of them was cooked to a medium well and the other one arrived well done! Although the wait staff were friendly and generally at tentative, our waiter did not ask if the steaks were done according to our expectations. The crab cakes were some of the best I've ever had! We will definitely be back again. Other minor suggestions include needed training for wait staff. In an up-scale restaurant such as this one, diners reasonably expect staff to b knowledgeable about serving etiquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on a Thursday nightMarkJVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went to Rick's on a Thursday night. Bar was full, dining room was packed. Probably had the best meal I have had there in quite some time. Service was perfect; Adriana was attentive, knowledgeable, came by as needed, and helped answer any questions we had. As usual, Rick came by the table to welcome us; a great touch for a restaurant like this. It appears the wine menu has been expanded a definite plus. The meal, service and setting were perfect. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of America's Best Steak HousesLive4foodVIPDined on 8/7/2014Rick has created a special place, this was business and it was flawless. Great wine recommendation. Best service in Greenville. Food was excellent, Apps through entres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014All I know to say is WOW! My 25th anniversary was here & this place was recommended & we live in anderson In all of my 47 years I have NEVER had food as good! I got the filet & also the lobster tail & I have eaten this all over the place, but never quite as good as RE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, excellent...Foodie1VIPDined on 8/4/2014A dependably good dining choice in Greenville for steak/seafood. The fried oyster appetizer is delicious! The fresh fish of the day was well-liked by one, the steaks were cooked as ordered, sides (broccoli, mushrooms) were generous and service attentive and helpful. The sirloin was not as flavorful as on previous occasions. Filet was excellent. The only glitch occurred when scallops ordered as an appetizer arrived as an accompaniment to a steak. Always a good choice from valet parking to delicious food in a comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE RICK ERWINS WEST END GRILLMeg44023Dined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 3 year anniversary which turned out amazing. We sat down and our awesome waiter (Sabastian) greeted us with two glasses of complimentary champagne and a congratulations on three years. He was the best wairer we have ever had in any restaurant. We frequent Rick Erwin's Nantucket and they have an awesome wait staff but Sabastian had knowledge of everything on the menu. We both had steak and WOW was it perfect. Everything was great and I'm so happy we went to RE for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at Rick IrwinsgoodfoodguyDined on 8/2/2014The started with excitement to enjoy a great meal at Rick Irwins. We had reservations, a trusted baby sitter, and awaiting palettes for fine dinning. We arrived on time for our reservation, but we were asked to wait a "few minutes while they set up our table". After 30 minutes in the bar area, I inquired what was taking so long and it was obvious the girl at the front had forgotten us. Once we were seated, the crab cake appetizer was excellent, but the enjoyment ended there. My steak was terribly over seasoned to such a degree that two bites made me nauseas. I let my wife try it and she felt it was inedible as well. Needless to say I did not finish the meal.
- Nice placeLiwinaDined on 8/2/2014Service was excelent, nice place, pricey, the ribeye steak was not great as well of ceasar salad. Goid wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, just don't valetGamecockpokeyDined on 8/2/2014Our food was excellent! Our waiter was very knowledge about the menus and provided great service. The dining area was crowded and the table lay out does not create a romantic atmosphere. My biggest issue is with the valet parking. Unorganized kids running it. They lost our keys for 30 MINUTES! The guy who lost them never even apologized. Just look at us with a look of so what?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Rick Erwin'sMisterMangiareVIPDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is one of Greenville, SC's hot spots to go in downtown. This was our first time for dinner. Was seated immediately courtesy our Open Table Reservations. (Love it!). Very nicely decorated, upscale dining here. Went with appetizers of fried green tomatoes & calamari...both were delicious. The gourmet greens salad was nice but drenched in the balsamic vinaigrette. Went with the surf & turf for the main course....lobster was delicious, the filet was just ok. A side of garlic mash and sauteed veggies completed the meal. The service was impeccable. The A/C was working properly that evening and was warm & stuffy. Overall....with the many restaurants Greenville has to offer we probably will not be going back any time soonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Well prepared food, supported by knowledgeable and attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Great Place for a SteaktigerfanDined on 8/2/2014Never disappoints when ordering steaks. Cooked just as requested and delicious. Our waiter was very attentive and informative.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodfanDined on 8/2/2014This was my first time to Rick Erwin's. I had high expectations and am glad to report that my expectations were completely met. The food was fantastic, the waiter (Sebastian) was also great. The dining room support staff never let our drinks get low and the music was very pleasant (Michael Buble', etc.). We will definitely make this a regular location for special occasions. Teamwork was exceptional. We got there early (4:40) and decided to visit the bar while we waited for our table. The person that served us at the bar was obviously not the bartender, but a member of management that pitched in doing whatever needed to be done, including greeting guests at the door. Everything was very clean as well, from the entry to the restrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.