Richard B. Fisher Center Spiegeltent
60 Manor Ave.
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Richard B. Fisher Center Spiegeltent
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fishercenter.bard.edu/
- Phone: 8457587900x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday–Sunday (June 28 - August 3)
Thursday–Saturday (June 27 – August 16)
After Hours Menu:
Thursday - Saturday (July 3 - August 16)
10:00 pm - midnight
There will be no dinner service on July 25 and August 8
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Fisher Center presents world-class performing arts in an architecturally bold and dynamic environment. Tickets and program information at fishercenter.bard.edu.
A word from Richard B. Fisher Center Spiegeltent
The Spiegeltent is the SummerScape festival's oasis, a place to enjoy seasonal, local food and drink before and after performances. A variety of musicians serenade diners on Friday and Saturday evenings, while the lovely outdoor garden provides the perfect spot to relax in the company of friends and festival artists long after the curtain comes down.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Richard B. Fisher Center Spiegeltent - Best Restaurants in Kingston ›
Richard B. Fisher Center Spiegeltent reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Matches local dining for gluten free availability which is adequate but not a draw! Still cannot eat out very much!Special Features:
- Hurried service, mediocre food.MiriamDined on 8/9/2014The service was spotty and hurried. Starters came after 10 minutes. Plates were ice cold and had clearly been set in advance, kept in a fridge, making the food taste of nothing. We had let it sit for a bit to "thaw". We were halfway through the starters when suddenly the entrées were plonked down at our table. The waiter told us that he was just asked to "put down the plates" on our table. The brisket was dry and barely edible, good bean-salad though. The Lobster roll was OK: nice and dry (not too wet from mayo), but the side of "grilled" vegetables were pathetic. Food was OK, but nothing amazing and prices were way to high for the quality of food. These prices are expected in NYC, but not upstate NY unless it's a really good restaurant.Special Features:
- Fun dinner, great drinksDrshfDined on 8/2/2014Over cooked hamburger and micro-portioned brisket was outweighed by terrific chicken club sandwich and generous cocktails. It's an improvement over the usual Spiegeltent fare--a big improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GorgeousmaryDined on 7/19/2014Beautiful atmosphere overlooking Bard Campus as the sun went down, outstanding specialty cocktail, lovely wine, delicious food. Overall a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different4togo23Dined on 7/18/2014We went for dinner before the "Love in the Wars" performance. Originally we were thinking of a place in Red Hook or Rhinebeck, but thought of the Spiegeltent the last minute. This was our first time and we were not disappointed. The ambiance and food were very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKjimboDined on 7/17/2014Service pleasant but a bit slack. Food nothing special but adequate for a bite before attending a production in the Theater.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The food was not very good. Our order appeared 5 minutes after ordering it. I cannot image, nor do I want to, how that could happen.
- Wonderful atmospheretryvegDined on 7/3/2014The Spiegeltent is such a fabulous venue that we like to dine there & catch up with friends before a show starts. As vegans, we've never expected the menu to have a lot to offer but we've made do with limited offerings. This year is disappointing. They've taken fries off the menu and offer high priced potato chips instead. With how popular and easy vegan fare is, it would be nice to see a hearty veggie burger instead of the same old portabella burger. We've always dined at the tent before but I think we'll skip it for the rest of the summer. I was okay with a salad (the salads are very good!) and fries but a salad and kettle chips? Not so much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Richard B. Fisher Center Spiegeltent reviews archive.
- Pleasant experienceJosephDined on 8/17/2013My wife and I had a dinner at Spiegeltent before our concert in R. Fisher Performance Art Center. The food was tasty, service was excellent and environment was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ambiance, good foodconcertgoerDined on 8/17/2013We wanted a place to eat before the 1.30pm concert at the Bard Festival. This filled the bill excellently.Special Features:
- Birthday surprise!IngODined on 8/16/2013Dining and concert was a 62nd birthday gift for my childhood girlfriend and her husband. We all had a gracious time. Good food, good music and fine company. We'll be back.Special Features:
- nice and unassumingmomoDined on 8/16/2013Unpretentious, inexpensive, tasty food. Good to go to before concerts at the Fisher Center. The waiting staff is a bit inexperienced but they are very nice and they try really hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining option at Bard showIanuzzoVIPDined on 8/15/2013Good food with Bard farm grown produce. Service was excellent and food quite delicious. If attending an event at the Spiegeleisen kent this is an nexcellent dining option. Reasonable wine list but would be nice to see more New York State wines on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-see in the Hudson ValleyArleneDined on 8/10/2013What a surprise! The food is delicious and the atmosphere fun! The food is well-prepared and comes from the local gardens and farms. The cultural environment surrounding the Spieleltent is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining W/PG 8/10BardStrav24Dined on 8/10/2013There is a wonderful opportunity to establish a better dining option on the campus of Bard College on the occasions of the "Bard Summerscape" music festivals in August. The shows and the evening lectures begin early in the evening, and its not easy to dine in Rhinebeck early, and then get to Bard in time for the start of the programs. The "Spieigeltent" is a cabaret/nightclub. It is not a restaurant (yet). The reception and service is amateur, and I've now experienced two unappealing entrees. The sandwich menu seems adequate, but I would never recommend the entrees. Including a small folk music group during dining is inappropriate and annoying. Save it for the nightclub later.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningYUMisgoodDined on 8/3/2013Dinner and show at the Speigeltent for the first time. Everything about the experience was a joy. We had dinner and show reservations so the same table was ours for the evening. Service was right on and the food was delivered promptly, hot, and delicious! A must experience for anyone in the Hudson Valley seeking the unusual and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summer at the showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2013food was very good at fair price (not just for a make do setup since this is a performance and hangout space, not a restaurant), eating there is convenient to settle in before a crowded showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the Spiegletent!!OldPiratesDined on 8/2/2013The Spiegletent at Bard is an experience onto itself. It is not possible to rate or compare the dining experience here with "traditional" dining venues. We came for the show and being able to get a good meal on site beforehand was a plus. Having put down this disclaimer I have to say that the food was better than good, interesting in its use of local products and prepared with some creativeness. The staff was exceptional. Friendly, efficient, caring, flexible - everything you want in your wait staff no matter the place. If you're going to a show at the Spiegletent, do yourself a favor and eat there before the show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmateurSophisticatedinerVIPDined on 8/2/2013Love everything about Bard and Fisher Center, but this restaurant needs an overhaul!
- It's all about the tentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013Great space! Wished that an evening event would have fit our schedule. The lunch time food was pretty bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oresteia luncheon2SyracuseDined on 7/28/2013This was our first time at Bard. We drove down for the day from Syracuse to see the matinee of Oresteia. Since we were driving back after the performance, we knew we would miss dinner and needed to have a good luncheon. We chose the Spiegeltent, because it was obviously a convenient location for people unfamiliar with the area, and because we read that its menu had items from the Bard sustainable farm. We were absolutely delighted by our experience. The food was excellent, the service friendly and efficient, and the ambience charming. We recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never ateMargeDined on 7/26/2013Our order for food never came and we left hungry after 40 minutes
- Great food, fantastic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2013We were visiting Bard to attend a silent film, so chose to have dinner here. The (local/regional) farm-to-table food was excellent, and the setting/atmosphere was magical. It was a bit noisy, to be expected given the old wooden floors, but not enough to prohibit conversation. The wait staff did an excellent job serving us quickly since our event was on the other side of campus. (Be aware that film events are on the other side of campus if you dine here to allow an extra 15 minutes.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NostalgicFresh1Dined on 7/26/2013I felt as if I were transported to 1940's Europe. The décor was eclectic with an old world feel, and I would have loved to stay and listen to music there. I was there for the opera, which was magnificent, but the tent was very appealing. I plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor timingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2013Our experience at the Spiegeltent was disappointing this time, but we have had other good meals there with fine service at other times and would still recommend it. Every place is entitled to a bad night now and then.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience & food good-poor servicedaleyDined on 7/26/2013We chose this tent restaurant for proximity to the Bard Fisher Performing Arts center, to attend an opera starting at 7 PM. We arrived before our reservation when the restaurant opened at 5:30. Food here is good, although probably pre-prepared and assembled on site. However, after 45 minutes wait, main dishes arrived without soup, and we never saw the waiter again until we got him to bring the bill. Clearly, the restaurant was overwhelmed, although only 2/3 full. Our waiter cleaned tables while patrons anxiously needed his services. Hosts appeared to be standing and not helping the clearly overstressed waiters. Hopefully, this is a fluke but we will be reluctant to try the restaurant again with a tight time limit.
- Too long a wait for food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013The kitchen has serious problems, although food is good when it comes or if people can wait long enough.
- Unique, Magical and Fun!hollyDined on 7/19/2013Beautiful, magical setting. Curtains of colored lights illuminate the forest walkway leading up to this fantastical Belgian Spiegeltent. Stained glass windows and mirrors circled the interior walls, while the hardwood dance floor is filled with dining tables for the first half of the evening. Old world charm with retro objects sprinkled throughout the restaurant. The staff is warm and welcoming, the food delicious, the ambiance outstanding! Live music with a lively and fun quartet rounds out the dining experience perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub style food with great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013...if you are attending a performance at Bard this is the place for you. Basic pub style food, earnest service.Special Features:
- food was adequate as was service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013food was adequate as was service. ambience was great. menu was boring. presentation was terrible. food appeared on the plates without decoration or just thrown on it. the cheese platter definitely needed help. ugly chunks of cheese paired with run-of-the-mill crackers. the saving grace was the tasty raspberry coulis. the salads while large lacked a good dressing and were actually limp thanks to too much oil and vinegar. the shrimp taco was bland and again the presentation was lacking. two tacos on an unattractive white plate. I wanted to like the food, but unfortunately nothing worked.