900 Place Jean-Paul Riopelle
Montreal, QC H2Z 2B2Neighborhood:
French / CanadianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant-toque.com/
- Phone: 5144992084x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (25$ to 45$): Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thusday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday : 5.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Canadian
- Executive Chef: Normand Laprise
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manon Giroud-Nadaud 5144992084x
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Restaurant Toque! We are hosting a Special Event this evening. Please call us if you have any questions!
A word from Restaurant Toque!
21 years ago Toqué! opened featuring local produce: a showcase for Quebec's terroir and its suppliers. The ongoing contributions of these artisans is no less important today. We have them to thank for foie gras de canard or salicornia; lamb of heirloom vegetables; seafood or fine herbs. These tireless farmers, foragers and fishermen inspire Toqué!'s cuisine, on which they bestow tastes, textures and natural aromas and unparalleled freshness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Toque! - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Restaurant Toque! reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (75)notable wine list (69)romantic (50)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- HeisenbergVIPDined on 10/22/2014We were visiting from out of town and received a blind recommendation from our hotel (Queen Elizabeth) What a great surprise to have one of the 10 best meals of my life with impeccable service and still a casual yet elegant setting When ever I am back in town -- I will be eating at "Toque"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great, but...joiseychowhoundVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is a fine restaurant still, but some of the more precious dishes simply don't cut it like they used to. Service is some of the most intelligent and attentive in Montreal. The room is kinda romantic in a slightly esoteric way. Prices are high, as you would expect, but the very extensive wine list seems fairly priced. Still great but perhaps not quite as great as it once was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomically devineHiratajDined on 10/14/2014I would say that the lunch that my wife and I shared at Toque was among the best meals that we have ever tried, ever, anywhere! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence food experienceCev13Dined on 10/8/2014Great food, and very nice ambience. Sure we will get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in Vieux Port areaTonyTorontoDined on 10/8/2014Lunch for me, this is a worry free dining experience - two courses, two paired half glasses of wine and no other worries - just a great way to spend 2 hours during a busy week - or vacation time.Special Features:
- A dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014If you are going to go, the Chef's tasting menu is the way to go! Very attentive service! Definitely should give it a go at least once.Special Features:
- Exquisite service & tasteMattyDined on 10/7/2014Presentation of the dishes was among the most impressive I've ever experienced. The venison carpaccio was probably the best carpaccio of ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !Dkde1977Dined on 10/4/2014C'était une expérience culinaire incroyable. Le staff exceptionnel. Nous avons pris le menu dégustation et les vins associés. Quelll plaisir !!! On doit être ouvert d'esprit et avoir le goût de vivre une telle expérience de saveurs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The respect given to food and guests is an anomaly in our fast paced world. This is one of the main reason I enjoy Toque!. I very much appreciate the quality of food and attention to detail. The staff is not only knowledgeable but also very friendly and eager to be of service which only enhances the client experience. Congratulations on managing and operating such a fine establishment and I wish you many more years of continued success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but very expensiveKingsleyDined on 10/2/2014Group of 4 persons for a special dinner. Food, wine and service excellent. However, very expensive, particularly the wine list. Our two visitors from Europe (Belgium & France) were surprized how expensive the evening was compared to prices in Western Europe. However, they did enjoy the excellent and imaginative menu, the service and the ambiance. RogerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience !lpaintreDined on 10/1/2014Fine dining and incredible service ! The menu is changing practically every day and all the ingredients are fresh and local !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Food superb. Wine fair and very over priced . Overall great experience, wildly expensiveSpecial Features:
- Overcooked and uninspiredAmberVIPDined on 9/19/2014The dining room was sterile, service terribly slow and the chef's surprising tasting menu utterly uninspired – including using the exact same accompaniments for both venison and a fish course. Scallops and tuna were both terribly overcooked. The tuna was so overcooked that I was shocked it was even brought to the table. Our server did not even ask if anything was wrong when we only ate a couple bites. We were not even given menus upon leaving, nor did we receive a little treat to take home that we saw another table presented with. This was our first dinner in Montreal and I had heard such great things, but was utterly disappointed.
- very nice but too much expensiveNathalieDined on 9/18/2014I was there for a special occasion and I knew it would be expensive. I had a great time. The food was good but I had way better food and experience for the same bill at other places in Montreal. Will probably not come back.Special Features:
- Du grand art!FoxtrotDined on 9/16/2014Everything at Toqué! is mastered. From the attention to detail (the personnel's uniform - complete with a gold pin- , the Toqué! logo on the wine glass facing you - all 7 pairings through the evening - , the spotless dishes, glasses and utensils. And what about the delicious compositions, presented to each and every guest as intended by the Chef -this daikon to the left, and that wonderful tuna to the right. And, of course, the list would most likely be much longer, thinking of everything so brilliantly executed we didn't even notice it happened. Dining at Toqué!, for us, means "pur bonheur", and that's why we are always looking forward to our next visit. Bon appétit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/20147 courses with 7 paired wines. Best ever! Service was excellent, ambiance fantastic.Special Features:
- A Must-Try Experience in Montrealvyl88Dined on 9/16/2014After reading several reviews online, we decided to go with the tasting menu for my husband's birthday, and we were definitely not disappointed! We experienced some of the most unique flavour/texture combinations! My husband really loved some of the more modern, unique dishes, while I enjoyed the more traditional dishes, so there is something for everyone! That is not to say that there wasn't a single dish that I didn't love. Service was impeccable! One of our best dining experiences!Special Features:
- Not worth the high costVACTCChairmanDined on 9/13/2014It was our 40th wedding anniversery and as we were touring Canada we chose this restaurant as a special treat. We had the 7 course menu plus wines to match. The bread was nothing special and tasteless. Some of the courses were good but some tasteless. The wines were very 'off the wall' and not one could be described as very good. We had far better meals in Ottowa, Montreal and Quebec in ordinary restaurants. We have eaten at quite a few Mitchlin star restaurants in England and this one certainly didn't live up to expectations. The cost worked out at £288 for the meal for two.
- Unique!ChadDined on 9/13/2014Super soirée. Tout était délicieux. Les accords, les saveurs, le service, tout était parfait et bien dosé. J'avais des attentes et je n'ai pas été déçu du tout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique ExperienceAlimentariDined on 9/13/2014I am grateful for the special attention to gluten-free and allergy-free dining. The food was good but the service was lacking. It took 15 minutes between the time we were seated and drink orders were taken and another 15 for the drinks to arrive. There were long gaps between each service before seeing our wait staff reappear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Délicieux, simplement!VeroDined on 9/13/2014Notre expérience a été sublime. Service impeccable, repas délicieux. Notre souper a été a la hauteur de nos attentes! Merci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceDanTVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I recently ate at Toque based on word of mouth and are glad we made the decision. The decor inside the restaurant is elegant without being pretentious, the service warm and friendly, the food and wine selections excellent. The sommelier was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- What goes in before th'name goes onRoadstarDined on 9/12/2014What's in a name? Not much and a lot at the same time, what you want is quality and a way to identify that when you see it, feel it or taste it. The Toque represents that in a big way. We've had many excellent meals over many years and many of them right here in Montreal this experience was one one of the best we've had period. The 7 service menu was a delight for the senses, as you are seated in a well laid out sober decor that lets you breath and settle in a mood to appreciate what's about to happen! The service is beyond reproach and well tuned, with no hurry. The quest to create a culinary experience is present, no impostors here! The aromas, textures, colors and taste of each service are carefully selected to please the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class act, wonderful food!Fool4foodDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed everything about this restaurant. We were told the servers were a touch snobby but we found them to be friendly and knowledgable. The food was innovative and delicious. We had tuna and venison for our entrée and they were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this foodie treatWineanddineDined on 9/3/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful and romantic. The wine list is superb. There is a pairing if you do the tasting menu, which we didn't because we got a late start (9 pm). The a la carte menu was fantastic and we want to go back to try the tasting menu. The plates that were served were more beautifully laid out than any I've ever seen. I mean the way the food was displayed on each plate. We had the suckling pig and the duck Magret both of which were out ID this world. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendClaireDined on 9/2/2014At our arrival at 7pm. The staff were wonderful serving us Champagne. We had the "surprise 7 course testing menu" for $117.00 per person. But our food took so long to prepare that our main course it was served at 9:30pm after we had complain we basically feels ourselves with the bread. To "us" my husband and I it wasn't a good experience at This place. We really enjoy the "food" at exquisite restaurants all around the world Relais & Chateaux. Over the years it was our first bad experience we had at Toque.Special Features:
- Had a Supper Saturday night dinnerMartinDined on 8/30/2014Not leaving in Montreal but the restaurant Toque is one of my favourite restaurants in Montreal. Excellent food, wine and outstanding staffs.Special Features:
- DanIDined on 8/28/2014Un repas chez Toqué est toujours un évènement gastronomique. Excellent service et la nourriture sublime. Ce fut un excellent choix pour célébrer notre 12e anniversaire de notre Union CivileSpecial Features:
- High class, and excellentTravelFoodWriterDined on 8/27/2014Toque is the Le Bernardin of Montreal. Excellent, excellent, excellent. Lots of wild/foraged ingredients, which is great if you're interested in getting to know the epicurean culture of Quebec. My cocktail contained spruce syrup, one of my dishes in the chef's tasting menu (which I got) had venison (it was amazingly cooked, slightly pink and perfect), there were wild mushrooms and berries involved in other opening courses, and the tuna dish had sea asparagus from the Saint Lawrence River. The cheese plate also had a fine showing of local dairy, which I was exited about because Quebec's lax raw milk laws allow cheese makers to sidestep petty bureaucracy and produce some of the world's best cheeses, which I got to experience at Toque. Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMinou1967Dined on 8/27/2014The best food The best chef The best staff Very happy it was all fantastic The food the wine the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChiLibrarianDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious and beat if Ulla prepared and presented. We had the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing. Both sommeliers explained the wines in an interesting, knowledgeable way without being stuffy or pretentious. Even the one member of our party that didn't have wine enjoyed each wine's story. A really memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well deserved prestigeJMartinezDined on 8/21/2014The experience at Toqué was perfect: firstable the food: delicate, delicious, plenty of flavors, creative, beautifully presented. Excellent wine list. perfect and attentioned service, the personal very professional and friendly, with a real knowledge of gastronomy and enology without being snob; elegant ambiance, very calm, I appreciated that it wasn't noisy even if the restaurant was full…excellent valet parking service, fine hosts. I will go back, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite CreationsNovaFoodieDined on 8/20/2014This leisurely dining experience was an adventure for the palate. We selected the seven course tasting menu, which is offered sight- and description-free. If you want to know what you will be served, you must order ala carte. Our trust in the chef's daily creations based on fresh, locally-sourced ingredients was rewarded with unique, interesting and delicious dishes. For instance, because a recent tuna-fishing expedition landed a large swordfish, two of our courses featured swordfish. Local mushrooms were in season, so they featured as well. The wine pairings (5 or 7 two oz. glasses) were near perfect. The staff is, top to bottom, expert, knowledgeable, efficient, & personable. Toque!'s sterling reputation is well-earned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceMangebienMTLDined on 8/19/2014This is the most professional restaurants in terms of service in the city. I would go for business lunches, relaxing dinners, and any event, really. It's always a treat. The food is locally sourced. And the wine list is one of the best in the city. I found that compared with previous visits there was a lot more sweet than bitter on the plates. When you work seasonally, I guess the plates and their balance of flavours always changes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014This restaurant should be in a cute neighborhood in Montreal -- not an office tower on the first floor downtown. Convenient, however, to the Metro and Old Montreal. The food quality was very good with nice presentation but relative to price ($$$)... there are much better alternatives in Montreal -- especially in the plateau.Special Features:
- lives up to its reputationMikezDined on 8/19/2014Refined food and preparation. Freshness of ingredients. Relaxed but classy and efficient service. Impressive wine list. Lunch menu affordable and great opportunity to sample one of the most reputable restaurants. It deserves it's classification as Relais&Châteaux.Special Features:
- SuperbFouFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Had a great time. Service is first class. Great wine suggestion and Food is exceptional. Love the décor and ambiance. Had a great night and my boyfriend was really impressed for his birthday. Always wanted to go to Toque.Special Features:
- perfectp0707Dined on 8/16/2014Our night was perfect nothing less... the food, the service like nowhere else in the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really NiceMelvDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I were recommended Toque as the best restaurant in Montreal. Certainly the food was great and the modern decor comfortable and chic at the same time. However what set it apart was the service. It was attentive without being intrusive but what was the best was the sommelier. Sommeliers seem to be a dying breed. I chose a French red but it turned out to be not as nice as I thought it would. When the sommelier asked about the wine, I told him this and he asked if he could change it to another for us. I wasn't expecting this as it was simply my mistake, not the restaurant's. However he did and brought back a very nice replacement all at no charge. Very impressive. Thanks for making this experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best resto in MontrealBEAUREGARDDEBLOIS2013Dined on 8/15/2014We love it. Anything on the menu is great and we love the 1/2 glass of wine so we can have many 1/2 glass of wine with all: entry, meal and dessert, they were very special and great tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.