Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
417 Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redthesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (216) 664-0941
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 6:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Bennett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
For patrons who value a premium culinary experience, RED The Steakhouse offers the best in high quality food by using the finest and freshest ingredients and creating an undeniably superb culinary experience. By transcending our guest’s expectations for superior service and food, Red The Steakhouse creates a consistent, exceptional and non-traditional dining experience. Enjoy the Wine Spectator award winning wine list as well as the Captain's List of specially featured wines. Reservations strongly recommended. Please be advised that reservations booked through OpenTable may be for the lounge area or the main dining room, if you have a preference please note that in your reservation or call us at (216) 664-0941. We will do our best to accommodate your request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (87)romantic (86)hot spot (83)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (39)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (17)scenic view (9)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Our service and server was absolutely phenomenal. I was very impressed and felt pampered which was perfect for a well deserved night out. The manager on duty was very attentive and we enjoyed everything from start to finish. This is my favorite place to dine as of yet in cleveland- it is well worth every dollar and one of the best steaks I have ever had - keep up the great work- we all lived out experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Great restaurant! Excellent food, excellent service. We ate at the bar. The service there was outstanding!! There is a young girl behind the bar...Katie....she did an outstanding job taking care of my wife and I. We just had a great time and we'll be back!! Thanks Red!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would rather dine at Red in BeachwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The experience was less than mediocre. I have received a better meal and experience at the Red in Beachwood. Thank god the staff was nice as it was the only thing that saved the evening. We booked online, asked for a booth, were told at check in we would be getting a booth but the sat at in the center of the room by the service area. There was an empty booth ready and remained empty for our entire service. When I asked if we could have a booth when they sat us we were offered to "wait" at the bar again????????? My steak the RIBEYE was mediocre. I have had a much better steak and dining experience at Morton's, Hyde park and Red-Beachwood. Not sure what happened this evening but I am pretty sure we will not be going back!!
- Like Macarthur, "I shall return!"barryglasgalDined on 11/21/2014Service was excellent and accommodating; attentive but not hovering. Food was good. A steak is a steak, not an evocative eating experience. It is expected to be go good quality, well prepared and tender. Ours were all of the above. The Calmari Appetizer was outstanding. Best I've had. Extremely tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealCrilenVIPDined on 11/19/2014Getting to the point where I know what I want and it comes out perfect almost every time. Great, no nonsense pre-game dinner. A wonderful steak and a nice glass of wine? What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Steak was over cooked! Didn't say anything because I was with a client.Special Features:
- Chef Cracks Under Pre-Game PressureCrilenVIPDined on 11/17/2014Like the Cavaliers, even a great restaurant can have an off night. I ordered the same well done filet I always get at Red, but for some reason the chef completely torched the life out of it. Even the parsley fries were on the burnt side. Just not up to the usual quality. Maybe too much pressure with the pregame crowd? Since I know they know better, we'll try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodisgreatDined on 11/13/2014We went to Red for our wedding anniversary and our filet and strip steak were the best we've ever had. We were surprised with their special doughnuts for desert which was a very nice, and delicious, surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstanding. The food was good.WMPDDined on 11/11/2014The service was outstanding, but although the food was quite good, didn't really think it justified the price. Again, it was good, but nothing that wowed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A king's fortune for great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014This is a premium place for steak- You pay a premium for high quality beef.. Everything is a la carte, so be prepared to have your wallet lightened. The place is filled with business types on expense accounts. Overlook the pretentiousness and you will be pleased with the steak. Extensive, expensive wine list. Classic upscale steakhouse. Reserve this for splurge occasions.Special Features:
- Awesome first experience downtowndiva4deliciousmealDined on 11/10/2014The food, service and atmosphere were all amazing. Meal was absolutely delicious including left overs. Pricey (not a critique just want you to be prepared) but worth every penny. It's a must do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedMurrDined on 11/8/2014I ordered my filet medium rare and it was cooked almost all the way through. For a $50 steak I would expect much better.
- dining with class downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Red downtown certainly has the feel of a trendy big city restaurant. The staff was well versed on the menu and the bartenders on both the menu and drinks. We were warmly welcomed at the bar and the great experience continued at our window table. Service and food,was great. Sure, dinner may set you back a few $$, but next time your downtown for a show or special occasion, I'd highly recommend red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!pickyfoodyDined on 11/7/2014My mom, sisters and I visited Red for the first time to start off a girls weekend. It couldn't have been better! John, our server, was fantastic. He kept the drinks coming, made excellent food recommendations and overall made the evening just wonderful. The food was delicious. My steak was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The calamari appetizer and side dishes (including the tater tots, truffled whipped potatoes and broccoli) were delicious. We will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:
- Excellent!JohnYossarianDined on 11/6/2014The Ribeye is a must try. Excellent food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done.DannyRDined on 11/6/2014My steak was cooked perfectly and the service was very good. It was a bit pricey but I knew that going in....I would recommend it to anyone and will return anytime I travel to Cleveland.Special Features:
- Excellent! No Complaints!CatherineDined on 11/6/2014The food, drinks, service, presentation, and atmosphere was top notch! By the way, that was the best Moscato! I enjoyed the salmon and others loved the short rib of beef that melt in you mouth. Dessert was delish, we had the cheesecake and chocolate brownie that leaked warm chocolate and home-made ice cream. This was our first time at Red and we will no doubt be back to try other dishes! Will definitely refer family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent ...1satitiedpalletDined on 11/5/2014I dine at Reds,downtown location on a regular, at least twice a month since it's opening. I livery in Pepper Pike and the Beachood location would be so much closer however, the Downtown location is simply amazing the food and service is unmatched n the energy is additive.... if it's a special occasions or just dinner with my Honey, Reds is my first choice !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red, the Steakhouse ClevelandTrish13VIPDined on 11/3/2014Had a special night to celebrate at Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland and was surprised that the waiter did not make mention of it. We came for the Restaurant Week and was thrilled that we could upgrade the one meal...so, we got the ribeye from the menu and the Braised Beef from the Restaurant Week choice as the entree...phenomenal braised beef - the best I have eaten in a very long time. We both got salads with their RED salad dressing - YUM and the candied walnuts were small in quantity but delicious. We also had the garlic fries-WOW and the risotto with mushrooms and spinach-another WOW. The desserts - the chocolate lava cake - definitely a 10 and the RED cheesecake - it was good, but I have received more rave reviews from my cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for Cleveland!mt785VIPDined on 11/1/2014really enjoyed our food! we were visiting from Los Angeles and were very pleased with our dinner! get the donuts!
- Great Food. Mediocre Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Truly fantastic food. Our server was very nice. But knew nothing about the wines other than to say "the house blends are bold." Bold, everyone's favorite and go to buzzword. He also knew nothing about the specials--fumbling through his book of notes. When you're paying the prices they charge, you expect the entire experience to be fabulous. We were celebrating my sons 16th birthday. The manager did send out a fabulous dessert. Which made my sons evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Cleveland :)o2SaraDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I loved our experience at Red (Cleveland)! It didn't seem like a busy evening for the restaurant (being that it was Halloween and the weather was cold and rainy) which was very lucky for us. The food was amazing, we both had steak and two yummy sides of brussels sprouts and truffle whipped potatoes. I would say Red has the best steak in Cleveland right now! We will always love Hyde Park, but Red did an amazing job. The drinks were very good as well and the service was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!StephenOHVIPDined on 10/31/2014This was our first visit to Red downtown, and it's every bit as special as the one in Beachwood. Although I wasn't thrilled that we were seated in the bar (yes, I could have said something and didn't), it was quiet and very posh. The menu is varied, but we both went for the steaks, and both were superb--the filet and the strip. Many sides are offered, and we were very impressed with the mushrooms and potatoes. Salads were excellent, as was the pumpkin bread pudding. A complimentary birthday dessert was provided--a very nice touch! Service was outstanding---unobtrusive but evident. Yes, it's very expensive---$15 for a martini and $17 for a glass of wine, but you know that if you've been to the other location. Super special spot!Special Features:
- MrWonderfulVIPDined on 10/30/2014All meals were delicious and the restaurant is a great place to go prior to any downtown eventSpecial Features:
- presentationgreat44Dined on 10/30/2014Ordered filet 6oz for wife 8oz. For myself. Steak served on 12" plates. Filet center of each plate. Absolutely NO PRESENTATION with steak on plate. Could not believe no eye appeal at all. Very dissaponted with presentaton after such high expectations. Filet was good, not great. Woild like to come again but hesitant.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/28/2014I let them know it was my 25th anniversary and that my wife liked strawberries. That was it. Each person greated us and made a point of saying happy anniverary: the manager, bus-boys, people passing. We received strawberries with our champagne and in our dessert as well as other surprises. There were little things they did that made our night. My wife was pleased and that was the most important thing. Of course the food is was outstanding but the service is what really made the night special.Special Features:
- best steak evercarpina1Dined on 10/25/2014I have eaten steak all around the states and this is hands down the best! Beyond the steak all of the food is absolutely amazing! My favorite restaurant by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBobbyVIPDined on 10/25/2014RED is a restaurant that changes your view on a Steakhouse. The food is above and beyond others and is an experience that exceeds expectations. My guest and I had the Filet Mignon with Horesradish Creme Fraiche and Lamd Rack. Side included the Whipped Potatoes with Gravy. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak for Great PriceNatachaiNavirojDined on 10/23/2014You can get really qood quality steak here for decent price. My only complaint would be the store is on the loud side. But will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DINNER!RosieDined on 10/23/2014We wanted to try Red's downtown location and were impressed. Service was excellent, attentive and steaks were outstanding! Restaurant was busy and running smoothly. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't miss.MarkRodDined on 10/18/2014I have been here a few times and always great food and service. Went with the mussels, filet and doughnuts plus a few sides on this trip. All met or exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and seafood!visitorDined on 10/18/2014We made a reservation. Service was great and personalized. Warm, friendly ambiance. Ordered the ribeye, she ordered the Salmon filet. both were incredible!Special Features:
- Amazingraider67Dined on 10/18/2014Great steakhouse. This was our first time on a recommendation for our 5 year anniversary. The manager came early to congratulate us. The food was amazing. Everything worked out to have a fantastic night. Thank you!Special Features:
- Food ok, not worth $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014This was supposed to be a very special night for a friend's 30th birthday. Food was ok, not great For over $500 for 2 people for dinner (we did have a $200 bottle of wine) I expected a better experience. Waiter was so unfriendly he was almost rude. I've been to Red several times (Beachwood much better) but there are too many other good restaurants to put up with a bad experience
- Excellent food, superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has everything, great location, wonderful ambiance, excellent food, and superb service. If you are looking for a sublime dining experience look no further than Red!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Food, Better ServiceTheFullClevelanderDined on 10/15/2014I recently brought two business associates, one from Manhattan, the other from Columbus, to Red for what I promised would be a special evening. Red did not disappoint. After an opening bottle of Far Niente, we started with the tartare and stuffed peppers, and finished with the prime rib eye accompanied by creamed spinach and pappardelle, washed down by a wonderful bottle of Silver Oak Cabernet. And as amazing as the food was, the service was even better. Don't hesitate to have Red host the most important meals of your life.Special Features:
- It's all about the temperature...cleve216Dined on 10/15/2014My CAB beef kabob skewers were not cooked to temperature as ordered. My colleague ordered medium rare, I ordered medium well. Both plates served medium rare. For a highly touted steakhouse, unacceptable. The server should have seen the pile of medium rare pieces and recalled that I ordered medium well, and offered to fix. That would be 5 star attentiveness and service. Or at least stopped back to ask if everything was cooked to our liking. Besides the beef preparation, I found the wedge salad to be very sparse in it's pricey ingredients (pancetta and blue cheese) Plentiful amount of red onions though... The salad was not well balanced as a result. Very disappointing, I would not return for lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakhouseMartyDined on 10/14/2014Red is as good a steakhouse as we have in Cleveland. Besides the quality of its steaks, the service is excellent. It was a pleasure.Special Features:
- Over Priced!ClevelandRocksVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a great restaurant, but really overpriced. To start with, the valet parking is $15. and that is without the tip. The drinks, appetizers, sides, and main courses are all overpriced. I think that Red in Beachwood is a much better value. For one thing, you don't have to pay for valet parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here.MBEDDined on 10/11/2014Went for a romantic birthday dinner. Ambience was perfect. Service was awesome. Food was incredible! Will dedinitely be going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.