Red Stag Supperclub
509 1st Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Stag Supperclub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redstagsupperclub.com/
- Phone: (612) 767-7766
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night menu available until 12:30am every day
Our bar menu is available all day until 12:30am
Our bar stays open until 1am Sunday-Wednesday, 2am Thursday-Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Gerster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the Red Stag for information about off-site food and liquor catering options.
- Entertainment: We feature a wide range of live music 4 nights per week. See our entertainment calendar HERE.
- Special Events: For large group reservations, please contact us via phone or email! CLICK HERE
for more information on large parties.
- Cross Street: 6th Street NE
- Public Transit: There are many public transit stops located within a block of the Red Stag.
Some of the bus routes include:
A "Nice Ride" rent-a-bike station conveniently located at Hennepin Ave E & 5th Street NE!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $5 Valet parking is available on busy nights when parking is limited. Street parking is free after 6pm on weekdays and all day Sat & Sun. Weekday metered parking is $0.25/hr.
After 6pm every night and all day Sat & Sun, free parking is also available in the HDMG parking lot (see parking map) as well as the Bank's Building parking lot.
CLICK HERE to see our parking map.
A word from Red Stag Supperclub
Welcome! The Red Stag Supperclub blends old school Wisconsin supper club charm with a contemporary passion for delicious, sustainable, farm-to-table food (CLICK HERE to see our menus). Located in the "Nordeast" Arts District just across the river from downtown, the Red Stag Supperclub opened its doors in November 2007 as the first LEED-CI Certified restaurant project in Minnesota. Red Stag serves brunch, lunch and dinner and has late night live music several nights a week. We accept reservations for half of our dining room and leave the other half open for walk-ins.Continued
The Red Stag features weekly specials including Cheap Date Night, Slow Food Sunday, and early and late night Happy Hours. CLICK HERE to see all of our specials.
The Red Stag features weekly specials including Cheap Date Night, Slow Food Sunday, and early and late night Happy Hours. CLICK HERE to see all of our specials.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Stag Supperclub reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (47)great for brunch (35)special occasion (34)great for lunch (22)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (16)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (9)Show More
- I was moderately disappointed.NotHappyDined on 11/14/2014This was my first time at the Red Stag as recommended by a friend. We were going to the Brian Setzer concert that night so this was our dinner before. We ordered and it took about an hour for our dinner to arrive. I understand, that night there was a very large party that got there before us, so I'll cut them some slack. Unfortunately, they didn't let us know until we had waited for a while and we did make reservations in advance. They did give us extra bread while we waited...big whoop. A free round of drinks might have been more appropriate. I ordered the New York Strip. For the price, I was very disappointed in the quality of the steak. Because the lateness of getting served, we had to rush to finish dinner and didn't have time for the desert. On the plus side, the server was helpful in getting us transportation and was very pleasant and I did like the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Updated supper club experience with great foodcspsueDined on 11/12/2014Red Stag is a very fun place with great service and excellent food. Fish was fresh and well-prepared. Old Fashioned was strong but yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasha is Fantastic!LoveToEatDined on 11/10/2014This great gem of a restaurant elevates the farm to market concept and then adds to it with incredible service. We were fortunate enough to have one of the skilled servers last night, Tasha, who enhanced our evening and made sure we wanted for nothing. People like her are rare in general, and even more rare in the local restaurant scene. Enough cannot be said for how someone who is attentive and kind really adds to the dining experience. 5 stars for Red Stag Supperclub, and 6 stars for Tasha!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBdayHiLiteDined on 11/8/2014The menu selections were very varied. Our party of five started with two appetizers--mussels & grilled flatbread. The flatbread--it was so good! While I enjoyed immensely the salmon, two enjoyed the beef sirloin stroganoff. Another chose the Cioppino, enjoying the variety of scallops, crab, etc with veggies. Loving eggplant, one chose the Roasted Eggplant and was not disappointed, saying she would like to order that on her next visit also. She and I also shared the side, creamed spinach. We enjoyed the selections very much and the service was excellent! At first, I thought the noise of the bar scene very close to our table would be distracting but as we talked and joked among ourselves, one tended to become less aware of the noise.Special Features:
- Cheap Date Nightpk89052Dined on 11/4/2014Tuesday night is cheap date night and it is a spectacular deal! A bottle of wine, two entrees, and two desserts for $32, is one of the best decisions I've made all week. The only downside to Tuesday evening was the service. We had a 6:15 reservation, and besides the server who only fills water, no one came by the table until we flagged them down at 6:50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & cozy atmospherePaulaBDined on 11/1/2014My boneless pork chop was delicious, presented with a roasted pear and baby carmelized onions. My husband's pierogies were excellent. There was a nice set of options on the menu and a wonderful supper club atmosphere, definitely a repeater.Special Features:
- A good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014Had a great time. Service was good. My meal was good but my date's special that she ordered was sub par. I suggest sticking with the menu. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an outstanding meal hereMargrethe1stDined on 10/31/2014Flavorful, inventive and delicious food, served by a knowledgeable and helpful waitress. She made great recommendations and we cleaned our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014We had a business lunch at the Red Stag. The staff was wonderful and tended to our wishes in a professional and prompt manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoreenBusterDined on 10/25/2014I met a couple of friends here to celebrate a birthday. Wait staff was excellent! Even though it was soon full...I never thought it was noisy! That is remarkable.. I will be back. Food and drink were great too..Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceNailerDined on 10/24/2014The ciabatta bread was super good. The deep fried smelt app was good but too many pieces for an app. The Tatar was inconsistent in size of pieces and lacked capers and onions. The chips with battered fish was fish were stunning. The fish not so much. The ciopino broth was super sweet with way too many onions however the fish was excellently cooked and tasty regardless of the less then stellar broth. The desserts were very good and priced nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!paupernparadiseDined on 10/24/2014Great food, good conversation, great wait staff, friendly, too! The potato chips were to die for! We'll be back!!Special Features:
- Really Good!HarrietDined on 10/23/2014I came to Red Stag for the Restaurant Week lunch priced at $10. The only other time I had been here was my first Restaurant Week experience, a lunch a couple years ago. My meal started with braised root vegetable salad. There were several strips of veg over barley with a very tasty balsamic dressing. It was delicious and seemed very healthful. The barley was an interesting twist as I rarely have it and the textures were wonderful. My sandwich was a pulled beef with a horseradish sauce and yummy caramelized onions. Very good also.Special Features:
- ExcellentLDevallDined on 10/21/2014I was taken here for a birthday lunch. The service, food, EVERYTHING was exceptional. The Chicken Cobb salad was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good spotMadislanderDined on 10/18/2014We often meet friends at Red Stag because it is roughly halfway between our homes. We choose it rather than other nearby restaurants because the food and atmosphere are ALWAYS good. Clientele often includes families with children who have been universally well behaved. If the restaurant is not too crowded, we are able to linger - a good place to catch up with old friends. There is a lot of new construction in this area, making parking more difficult than it was in the past. If you are willing to walk a block or so, however, this is not a problem on the weekends.Special Features:
- Date-nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014They have an awesome date night deal! It is $32 per COUPLE on Tuesdays! Definitely something to try out. It included entrees, desserts, and a bottle of wine. Megan was our waitress and she was awesome. Ask her about the traveling she does.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Have eaten here many times and always enjoy the food, but can be hard to converse due to noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch!GTLizardDined on 10/11/2014My family and I enjoyed an excellent brunch at the Red Stag on Saturday afternoon. The dishes were all cooked to perfection. The fare is basic--not a lot of bells and whistles--but absolutely delicious. The service was outstanding, and it has a young, hip vibe without trying too hard to be trendy. My husband and I loved it...and so did my seventy year old parents! We will be back.Special Features:
- Not going backsynstekDined on 10/11/2014Brunch at The Red Stag has been a family tradition for years but lately the service has been so bad lately that we've decided not to return. This visit was particularly bad...slow service and un-engaging/rude staff made our experience quite awful. Granted, we did have a large party but isn't that typically a good thing because it brings more revenue for the restaurant?
- Nice AtmosphereelvisDined on 10/10/2014I really like the bar area and atmosphere at Red Stag. The food was good but not worthy of the high prices. I'd recommend going there for a drink at the bar and then moving on to another establishment for dinner.Special Features:
- Tuesday date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014Awesome cheap date night on Tuesdays. Try to get there earlier than later though. As we were leaving I overheard from a waitress that they had run out of one of the specials.
- Always a Good TimeTravel4FoodVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great place for casual dining with outstanding food and service. Food may sound normal but the taste complexities are worth the try. If your looking for a very casual great place for 2 people or a whole crew of people, check out the Red Stag.Special Features:
- Outstanding as always.jazzrDined on 10/2/2014One of our favorite places to take family and friends for those special occasions.Special Features:
- Old Standby Going Down HillVerdantLauraDined on 9/30/2014I used to love going to Red Stag for their Cheap Date Night as well as for the regular menu. However, the last few times we went for the date night special have been increasingly disappointing, in terms of both the quality of ingredients used in the dishes and the flavor profiles. For our last visit, the beef stew special was bland and uninspired. This visit, we did not even stay to eat. We came for the sweet potato gnocchi, advertised on their Facebook page only hours earlier. After arriving, we were informed that the house-made gnocchi had been replaced by pasta. I can boil pasta at home so we decided to dine elsewhere. It is a shame to see this place go down hill, I hope they turn it around soon so we can give it another chance.
- Fun SpotNorthfieldNoogieDined on 9/30/2014The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. I liked the beer and liquor selections available. The food was very good. Everyone in our party had a great time. The only draw backs were the menu choices are limited, and the choices are pretty expensive.
- First time no so impressedFoodieDined on 9/27/2014The duck special was good, but it was a bit tough (not as tender as I would have expected) and the presentation wasn't all that flavorful. The real disappointment was the "bouillabaisse" which my husband ordered. Well, this wasn't even close to a bouillabasse. The crisped risotto came in a rectangle and very hard to the texture on the outside. Then that was surrounded by chewy pieces of squid and only 2 large mussels. The sauce or reduction surrounding the risotto was so minimal you could not call this a broth or anything resembling bouillabaisse. The garlic chicken came in two little pieces on a separate plate. They were pretty browned and dry. The appetizer of fried smelts was the only pleasantly surprising item we ate.Special Features:
- Nice CafecitygirlVIPDined on 9/25/2014Caution: on-line reservations allow you to book a 2:00 lunch, however when we arrived just before 2:00 pm we waited by the entrance and then noticed a sign stating "Seat Yourself". A man in the little office saw us, ignored us, closed the door - so we waited and waited. A young woman was clearing tables and begrudgingly brought us water. I had to hunt down menus. We decided quickly. Finally our server appears and says we missed lunch. We protested-she checked after I explained that we were waiting 15 min. We were allowed to have lunch - all was well. Server was friendly after the rough start. Surly other girl loudly bussing tables was clearly having a bad day. Unfriendly start. Food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great experienceBoothVIPDined on 9/24/2014First, plan to spend some time looking for street parking in the area. Arrived at restaurant, first impression was favorable, menu appeared intriguing, and out of the ordinary. They brought us each one small piece of bread (that was it), and took drink order. 10 minutes later took food order. 45 minutes later food had still *not* arrived (let me say - the place was NOT real crowded). Finally food arrived, and it was cold. The meat was tough - not sure if because grass fed, or sat too long before serving. Wait staff and manager acknowledged and apologized and took drinks off check as apologetic gesture.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014All around wonderful experience. Only negative is that parking is difficult.
- Nonprofit developmentdisapptedDined on 9/19/2014We had a coupon, 2 for 1 for lunch. Food, service and ambiance were okay. NOT impressed when we were charged $5.00 each for diet cokes.
- just goodneveroutandaboutVIPDined on 9/13/2014firs time there- service was very good-food was very good- atmosphere was very friendly. fun placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvement.LizhVIPDined on 9/6/2014Location,building and ambiance are positive. Food is not. Husband had the rib eye; it was tough,flavorless and gray. I had shrimp which was swimming in butter. Needs improvement.
- unexpectedly disappointingterryDined on 8/28/2014After visiting Red Stag numerous times over the past couple years, we visited for an anniversary celebration. The service was just average- usually it is a bit more vivacious. The hostess did acknowledge our anniversary, but wasn't really that interested. The $42 bone-in ribeye was not good- tough, grisly, sinewy, fatty. Had a hard time cutting it with a serrated steak knife. This experience makes me wary of a future return visit.
- Average Brunch at BestBrendaDined on 8/24/2014We went for brunch on a Sunday. Drinks were expensive and breakfast offerings were plain and uninspired. Frankly, I have had better food at better prices at chain restaurants. Everything was bland and portions were skimpy. Service was fine. Coffee ok. Nothing really bad, but nothing good.
- fun place but not for talkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014we met some new friends and wanted so much to talk but the background music drowned them out from across the table. we don't mind music but a bit lower would be helpful. both couples felt that way.Special Features:
- Date Night Special a Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014Went last night for the date night special (bottle of house wine, 2 entrees, 2 smaller dessert portions for $32) and it was phenomenal! Last time I was there the service was a bit lacking, but I'm glad I gave it another chance. Great service and delicious food (though a bit heavy on the butter, for my taste).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Nice room and atmosphere and generally friendly staff. We were two for dinner on a Saturday night around 6 o'clock. Wait time from kitchen was excessive and then one of the orders was wrong. Staff recognized this without it needing mention did the right things but maybe more kitchen organization would be a goal. We'd like to try this place again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Cook?luv2eatDined on 7/30/2014I ordered a medium rare steak and was served a well done steak. My wife ordered jumbo shrimp and it was overcooked. We were compensated a little on our bill, but overall I was not impressed.
- Friday night fish frycbcrunchDined on 7/25/2014A group of ten came for the Friday night fish fry prior to seeing a show in Northeast. We were delighted by the interesting appetizer selection, the great deals for happy hour drinks and 80's music at just the right volume. Only one dish was unsatisfactory, and was compensated with a lovely dessert selection. The mussels were spotty- not all opened, some grit and an old taste. Other than that, we can heartily recommend the pickled relish tray, mushroom flatbread, and fish. Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- The following 717 reviews are from the Red Stag Supperclub reviews archive.
- excellent date nightkwolfDined on 7/22/2014My husband and I recently went on a Tuesday night for the cheap date night special. Fantastic deal $32 gets you 2 entrees, 2 deserts and a bottle of wine. Wonderful service and wonderful atmosphere we will definitely go back. The only reason it gets four and not five stars is because the choices for the entree in the date night menu were limited to a fish stew and a vegtable salad and I can see many people not liking either one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.