Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village
8712 Lindholm Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redrockscafe.com/
- Phone: (704) 892-9999
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
ALL HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jon Bernard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can customize a full menu to your needs and occasions. Please feel free to contact our event coordinator Marisa at Marisa@redrockscafe.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several private dining areas and menus to accommodate a diverse range of groups with a broad mix of dining options.
- Private Party Contact: Marisa Shipbaugh 7048929999x
A word from Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village, with its comfortable booths, low lighting, intimate feel and jazzy background music, offers a touch of class and a comfortable atmosphere that appeals to everyone. The lively restaurant scene is enhanced by a popular bar and covered patio overlooking the shops at each of the locations. The menu boasts of quality with a variety of steak, seafood, poultry and pasta entrees. Each entrée is named for a famous (or not so famous) customer and adds a personal touch to the varied selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village - Best Restaurants in Huntersville ›
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (25)special occasion (23)hot spot (20)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (18)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great dinner with friendsTravelerDined on 11/22/2014Good food and great time with friends. A little loud as we sat in the bar area but great service and food. Would definitely recommend to friends and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Eventhough I reserved in advance I was handed a pager and was made to wait...eventhough the wait time was not long it was still frustrating. The service was fast the food was okay definitely not worth the price and the staff was very friendly.overall I thought the food was bland. I dont think I would recommend.Special Features:
- solid dinner, lunch or brunchjmfitzzVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food can range from ok, to good to great depending on what you order. good choice for a casual dinner in Birkdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice change...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Was on a trip to Charlotte and visited. Very nice ambiance. Good waiter, better experience.Special Features:
- Work hard, eat wellSunnyTravelerVIPDined on 11/4/2014Red Rocks delivered a great meal after a long day of business meetings and training. Both the food and service were terrific, and our group enjoyed the visit. (We did wonder where the potato cakes went. We didn't see them on the menu anymore.) Thanks for ending our busy day on a high note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy neighborhood spotYummyDined on 10/24/2014We had a reservation which we had to change to a half hour later and were told not a problem. We probably should have stayed with our original reservation because we had to wait at least 30 minutes for a table. The restaurant was very crowded and very loud. They do have an outside eating area where it would have been quieter and we would have been able to have a table within 15 minutes... but it was too chilly to sit outside. The food was good as well as the service. The dessert was outstanding! I would go back again but not a busy Friday night.Special Features:
- Red Rocks Cafe RocksOrccimDined on 10/18/2014RRC is a hot spot in a very busy shopping plaza. Noise level is quite high, not for quite romantic discussions, be prepared to speak loudly to be heard. The food is very good and the speed of order placement to being served is quicker than you might expect. Servers are bouncing around like crazy, attentiveness could have been just a little better. Prices are higher than you might expect on a number of items, for us we only eat here for special occasions only.Special Features:
- Excellent in all waysPuppy0803Dined on 10/12/2014This place is great spot for Sunday brunch and lunch. Then take in a little showing and a movie. I love their tuna and avocado appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014OUR CHURCH LADIES WENT TO RED ROCKS FOR LUNCH AND EVERYONE WAS BLOWN AWAY. OUR WAITRESS WAS SUPERIOR AND THE SPECIALS WERE 5 STAR. THANKS SO MUCH FOR A GREAT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Great dinner with friends, food was delish and cooked just right.Special Features:
- Back on trackessgu3Dined on 9/26/2014We've been going here for years. It seemed like they hit a rough patch with service last year, but it's back on track now. The food is delicious! The menu is large and can be quite daunting sometimes, but you can't go wrong with about anything. We started off with the Thai chili mussels...always a fav. Hubby had almond encrusted grouper and I had Cajun shrimp pasta. Both were very tasty. The pumpkin cheesecake almost pulled us in, but we were able to resist...barely. To the previous reviewer who complained that the "broccoli" was served with the whole stalk, that wasn't broccoli. It was broccolini and is supposed to come that way. I have found it to be delicious and wish more restaurants served it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Many ChoicesCsullivan1106Dined on 9/23/2014There is a lot of variety on the menu, so much that it is a bit daunting to figure out what you want to eat. Overall the food is good, the prices are reasonable. The hardest part is finding parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliveRRS0Dined on 9/13/2014Very crowded on this September Saturday night. Full crowd, busy, hard to find parking, Great atmosphere, lively Bar, great and welcoming hosts, valet parking, full menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend.FoodcriticDined on 9/12/2014Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Rockin'doughhedDined on 9/5/2014Great restaurant. Excellent food. We made a reservation for 7:30 and was taken straight in. Moderately priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHeshackDined on 8/30/2014Brought my brother from out of state here for dinner. He and all of us could not be more pleased with the food as welll as service. We did not want for anything!!! The she crab soup is outstanding!! We each had a different dinner and all was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPaulDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service. Dessert is always a pleasure and indulgence.Special Features:
- Cool? And lateNotcoolDined on 8/23/2014We had reservations well ahead. We arrived and had to wait an hour to be seated. The air conditioning in the front to side area was bad. It was hot. I suspect we were seated In the hot area as more important individuals had preference to the co back area. I know this as I met a couple of prominent citizens who all went to the back. Not happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun family diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Menu large enough that everyone will have multiple choices. The food is good for the price with very ample serving sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!!!darly7Dined on 8/21/2014The food and service are always good at Red Rocks. However, this time the waiter went well beyond the call of duty. I hadn't remembered to note on my reservations that this was a birthday celebration, but the waiter figured it out and brought my friend's dessert with a candle and Happy Birthday written on the plate!Special Features:
- Thanks for a Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Me and my wife's first but not Last visit. We had a awesome time for our Anniversary.Special Features:
- Red Rocks Cafe - BirkdaleArmyAviatorDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I dined for lunch at the Red Rocks Cafe with another couple. Unfortunately, I would rate the Red Rocks Cafe as average at best. To begin with, the food arrived luke warm. In addition, I have eaten all over the world and have never seen broccoli served with the entire stalk attached. Broccoli is generally served with mainly the head of the broccoli and 1/2 to 1 inch of stalk attached. The serving of broccoli as small and without the stalks, almost nothing. The service was also mediocre. The waiter served the ice tea with very little ice and seldom came around to offer refills. Everyone in the group felt that the meal was substandard, and in summary, I doubt that any of us will return for a second meal.Special Features:
- Great experience!KateDined on 8/2/2014The food at Red Rocks was great! Awesome location but out server was a little slow... Other than that, I definitely recommend Red Rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 676 reviews are from the Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village reviews archive.
- Good but not greatJollyDined on 7/26/2014Hadn't been to Red Rocks in a while, so decided to eat there this past weekend. Seated us right away and our waiter showed up quickly. I asked about the Bison Burger and he told me there wasn't a bison Burger, just meatloaf. Either they were out, hadn't removed it from the menu yet or he was unfamiliar, but the conversation was a little off putting, I didn't point it out on the menu(it's there). I ended up with the almond grouper which was very good, husband had salmon which was very good as well. Wine is expensive by the glass, mostly because the pours seem much smaller than similar restaraunts in my opinion. Husband got dessert and I ordered mine to go. He brought my husbands to go and mine plated. We switched them out, no big deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekGenArtDined on 7/25/2014It's been several years since I have dined at Red Rocks. I had the tuna and my boyfriend had the steak. Out of the five restaurants we both agreed it came in second for taste and quality. Where the experience fell short had a lot to do with our server who came across as bored and judgmental on the extra items we ordered. My boyfriend doesn't drink alcohol and we ordered the non-alcoholic beer, our waiter smirked at his choice, not professional. (There are some great choices out there by the way beside O'Douls, a place with so many wine choices should pay more attention to other beverages on the menu) Our server continued with his attitude when I ordered a shot of espresso and my boyfriend did not. The service overall ruined the experience
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I expressed this to waitress and she said she spoke to a manager but on a rainy not so busy night, he or she never felt the need to check in with us about our concernsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014Not sure if it was because of Restaurant Week, but the service was horrible! Had to ask for water refills and left with empty cocktails for an unusually long time! We dine here almost weekly and we were so disappointed with our service!Special Features:
- Food ok, price high,too much noise!kimrod219Dined on 7/19/2014Restruant week dinner 6:15pm, ordered from regular menu. Booth near the front. Very loud as usual. Mgt appears to think the noise level is a positive. Salads are excellent while centres are average, price is a bit high for the quality, wine list needs a full refresh. Waiter Steve was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyDanFromChicagoDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant reminds me of an airport restaurant. The menu looks enticing but you end up with a bland and disappointing experience. The food was lacking in flavor, appeared to have been sitting in a warmer for hours, and had the texture of being frozen or out of a box. The service was prompt but very apathetic, as if the restaurant's location is what draws customers and service can be delivered at an efficient but bare minimum. I would return here only to sit outside to have a few beers and people watch. Ordering food here is a waste of money though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent as always!! From drinks and appetizers to dessert, everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerEetmupDined on 7/10/2014The food was good and the waiter was knowledgable. We sat on the patio which provided great scenery of Birkdale. RR is not a WOW place to take someone but the food is solid. Our table had Chilean Sea Bass, Prime Filet, Grouper, and medallions. I tasted three of them and all were great. With a bottle of vino and three desserts $250 - not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014We love Red Rocks! The food is great and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLuvtoeatDined on 7/1/2014Very consistent. Always very good! Great service. Desserts are superb! Will make trip there for takeout desserts onlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!BH06Dined on 6/29/2014Amazing steaks, knowledgable waitstaff! Nice atmosphere, great date night spot. The menu has a lot of variety. My husband can be picky but he cleaned his plate. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/29/2014My mom came to town and we drove up from South End to Birkdale for brunch at Red Rocks. She's always a huge fan of RR, but she's never been for brunch. Their brunch menu is not that extensive, but they do offer their full lunch menu at the same time as well.. I tried the crab cake eggs benedict and: eh. Nothing about it really wow'ed me. It wasn't terrible, but not all that warm when it hit the table... I probably wouldn't order it again. My mom, on the other hand, did enjoy her crepes (they looked delicious too!) - even if our waiter didn't want to bring her maple syrup for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's was okay!MyFavoritePasstimeDined on 6/27/2014After reading several online reviews about this restaurant, we decided to come to Red Rocks for my birthday dinner. I was not completely blown away. The food was okay and our server started off on a high note but eventually stopped checking on us as he should have. We chose calamari for our appetizer. Like the fact that the appetizer was cut in steak consistency, but it was not seasoned at all. The entrees were very nice and enjoyed by all in our party. Not sure if I got my money's worth however, we decided to give this restaurant another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!KingpinVIPDined on 6/22/2014Second time there, good food great service right in Birkdale Village. Just moved to the area and this place will be a regular spot for us.Special Features:
- Great eveningThegoodlife2Dined on 6/21/2014Took the family out on a beautiful Saturday evening to a favorite eatery. It is tough to beat the Birkdale atmosphere when coupled with a varied menu of tasty offerings and attentive service. Red Rocks is part of our regular rotation as it never fails to please. Don't miss the awesome dessert tray, especially the incredible coconut cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolinagirlDined on 6/21/2014Food was fair. My salmon was dry even with a lite lemon sauce. My husband's ribeye was bland. Our service was very enjoyable; our waiter was very attentive and personable. The resturant was gathering place for locals. It was loud and very crowded bar scene. It was very warm which we complained about but never felt relief. Not sure I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puppy0803Dined on 6/21/2014I had their tuna and avocado appetizer and it was delicious! Definitely will return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.