Red Fish Grill
9610 Old Cutler Road
Miami, FL 33156Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Red Fish Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfishgrill.net/
- Phone: 3056688788x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregory True
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Chris Klaic for all off-site catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Red Fish Grill has private dining available for your next business meeting or family function.
- Private Party Contact: Brittani Thoma 3056688788x
A word from Red Fish Grill
Remember when Matt Dillon was eavesdropping on Cameron Diaz in the movie "There's Something About Mary"? They were at Red Fish Grill. And what a location! Whether dining outside under the Palms at the edge of Biscayne Bay or in the historic coral stone dining room, this restaurant is like nowhere else. It's a slice of Florida that disappeared long ago in most parts of Miami. But it's a lot more than atmosphere that brings in the locals and notables. The menu is dedicated to fresh local seafood, cooked with a gourmet twist, sometimes Caribbean... sometimes Asian. Best bets: Fennel Seared Yellowfin Tuna on Crispy Wonton, Crab Cakes with Tropical Melon Slaw, Red Snapper with Shaved Red Onion Fennel Salad, Herb Crusted Sea Bass with White Bean Ragout, homemade Key Lime Pie and Caramel Flan with Toasted Coconut. And a wine list that's reasonable and varied. Please visit our website for further details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Red Fish Grill - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Red Fish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (172)scenic view (170)great for outdoor dining (166)special occasion (133)neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (26)notable wine list (25)late-night find (17)great for brunch (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Red Fish Grill is a Fantastic!hmccaffeDined on 9/28/2014Red Fish Grill prepares salad, seafood, desserts with cocktails or wine magnificently! The outdoor seating is spectacular and the view of the ocean is breathtaking!Special Features:
- An oasis in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was really nice, with a nice view, quiet. It is very different from the loud and hectic life in Miami. My husband and I had a very relaxing meal. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place,very romantic but..CarolDined on 9/27/2014I brought my boyfriend here for the first time for his birthday. I came at night it was very romantic, quiet and the scene was amazing, the service was great although I hate leaving negative feedback but I specifically requested for the waiter for do something simple but special for my boyfriend since it was his birthday and they failed to do so. I checked with the lady in the front and she let me know she would have the waiter bring dessert with a candle and they never did. Also they do not serve liquor. I definitely recommend this place, just make sure if you make a request you double check with the waiter.Special Features:
- Noisy InsideWorththeDriveDined on 9/27/2014Food was great and the servers were competent. The noise inside, due to the low ceilings and floor material meant we had to yell to be heard by the rest of the table. A great place for the lat 18 years.Special Features:
- Great food, nice view, good serviceBetterthanlastDined on 9/27/2014The seafood was super tasty, the view is very nice and the service is very good. It's defintely on the pricy side, but we had s lovely time.Special Features:
- Great placeRMauriDined on 9/21/2014The food was great the service was awesome definetly be coming back really soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service and Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Have been to Red Fish Grill many times through the years and the views outside are still lovely. It is a shame it is too hot to enjoy them half the year because sitting inside the restaurant and is cramped due to the low ceiling and table spacing. The food has really gone down hill. It is okay but not great like it was at one point many years ago. The portions are enormous. I would serve less and present a higher quality plate. Finally the service was atrocious. We had a 9pm restaurant and were made to wait 25 minutes and then another 10 minutes once we were at the table. I don't blame the waiter. He did the best he could do. They need to hire more staff and schedule better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our food was delicious and the service excellent! Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic but the food was averageLindyLouDined on 9/16/2014The place is lovely and romantic. I was disappointed with the food, maybe it was my choice of entrée however I expected much more for the price I paid. Service was good.Special Features:
- Absolutely AmazingSrojas81Dined on 9/14/2014I can't be believe I've live here so long and hadn't visited this place already. The food was excellent!!! Can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible location but so so foodlmc1784VIPDined on 9/14/2014Red Fish is lucky enough to have a spectacular location and outdoor dining spot. The waiter was superb. However, the food needs work. I had a tuna tartare that was not fresh. Tuna is not supposed to smell fishy when it is fresh. This is a must especially when served raw. It was also lacking in any taste whatsoever. The red snapper i ordered with a mango salsa type topping was overcooked. the salsa was good but not spectacular for the price charged. Overall, this is not a place for foodies. They need to get a more creative chef and definitely pride themselves in serving nothing but fresh food. I guarentee you the place would be packed if the food was good, fresh and innovative.Special Features:
- Red Fish GrillElkiDined on 9/13/2014Outside table.. Fantastic on a rainy night.. The ambiance was great.. Karl salad and fried oysters were not so tasty..but everything else was really good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing full bartrudining24Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is really beautiful and the site is very romantic and scenic. The food was very good but they are missing a full bar, only wine or beer here. Our waiter was slow and uninterested in serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place a definite must go.PoloDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful time a gorgeous view and the food was delicious and our server very kind I would definitely be coming here more often just a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBoca1Dined on 9/13/2014Service and experience was great. Staff made every effort to accommodate. Food was delicious and perfectly cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Water in Miami's South DadeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014There are very few restaurants in south Miami-Dade where you can dine on the water, so we're very grateful for Red Fish! The view, elegance and food at Red Fish are all excellent. It is good for a romantic evening, and I love to take out-of-town guests here. Driving through Matheson Hammock State Park to get there is lovely, and parking is convenient and free. The food and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- loverestaurants18Dined on 9/12/2014I have been going to this restaurant for many years, food was great as well as the service. Beautiful view and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret spot Dinner with a view.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I called on Friday at 5:00pm for reservation for 6:30pm. This is virtually impossible with restaurants in Miami. I requested chilled white wine and table on the sand. WE showed up exactly at 6:30pm received the table of choice. The wine was ice cold in a champagne bucket on the table facing the ocean. THe new menu has a tremendous sword fish over a bed of sweet potato pure and bock-choy. My wife had their new tuna plate which was absolutely awesome. Waiters recognized us from previous visits. This place is a gem please don't tell anyone.Special Features:
- Stunning view.Sgbk13Dined on 9/11/2014The view is amazing. The ambiance is amazing. The restaurant is pricey, be willing to spend around $50 pp. Service is kind but a little bit slow. We has lobster which was terrific and seared tuna which wasn't great. The key lime pie was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinningCapncraigDined on 9/10/2014Our second time eating here and we will be back again, the food was delicious, great service and wonderful view. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- aniversery dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014had not been to red fish in several years but will return soon had great meal with truelly great serviceSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Great hidden place would t image it has such great views of downtown Miami but be ready to put some off spray provided by the staff bc there is a Mosquitos. We had a great time and enjoyed our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choiceRobdhDined on 9/9/2014I would imagine by now the Red Fish Grill has achieved a certain noteriety, by the way....all good, for its food, service and ambiance. If you enjoy seafood, mostly fish, don't hesitate to make that drive to Matheson Hammock for a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food 2nd to noneraisedinmiamiDined on 9/7/2014Pan fried snapper and house wine for me and the little lady. We both adored the food and left our plates completely empty. Do yourself a favor and sample the pre-meal bread it was divine. I don't believe I have ever experienced service as good as this. There was a small downside. As I was approaching the restaurant the stench was horrid. Dade County should do a better job of maintaining the public bathrooms for the beach just outside the Red Fish grill.Special Features:
- Beautiful S Fla settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Very beautiful evening, Moon was out, romantic, fresh Yellowtail Snapper, my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousbarbDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful water view and delicious food. Fish cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Did I Wait So LongLandsharkDined on 9/6/2014This place is a gem. Outdoor dinning, great food and beautiful views. The swordfish and tuna were great and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankieDined on 8/30/2014AMAZING...food, wine, ambiance and service.....my favorite spot in Miami...a little hidden jewel...thanks Louis for making my birthday special!!!!Special Features:
- Dining by the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was wonderful except it was warm insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and hotFiddleyDined on 8/30/2014Food via Spice very good but the room was loud and on this Saturday night, hot, bc the AC couldn't be fixed in time for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- credit card compromiseMartyDined on 8/30/2014One of our guests had his discover card compromised by an illegal usage the following day. While the food was OK- it was overly spicy and the portions were very small for the price.Special Features:
- Lovely setting and great food!MiamiresidentsDined on 8/30/2014The unique setting and lovely view are made even better by the delicious food and great service. We sat indoors near one of the huge windows overlooking the outdoor dining terrace and the little bay beyond. Never felt rushed and we were able to enjoy the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When there for a night dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I recommend this restaurant very nice, the view is spectacular and we had a great time. The food was delicious. The only thing that they are missing is a bar, and the waiting space is too simple. After that everything was greatSpecial Features:
- Unforgettable!RomanceCapitalDined on 8/29/2014Surpassed my expectations and made me look really good in the eyes of my wife on our anniversary. Great food, awesome atmosphere, professional service. A model to what all restaurants should be like. Will definitely come back, I cant wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Staff and food was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I went to celebrate my anniversary and I couldn't have chosen a better place. It was romantic the food was delicious and the Staff were outstanding. From the moment I went in I was treated like I was a millionaire. I want to thank everyone for making this night unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014A treasure in our own backyard! Great food and ambiance.Special Features:
- ElizabethELIZABETHDined on 8/27/2014Love the fact that people don't take children here too often. Is a peaceful great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Red fish grill was great in all aspects of fine dining. Great view, menu, service, and a private beach to walk on. Truly worth a visit for all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special to Share1184326670032Dined on 8/26/2014My grandma's been taking care of my aunt, who has cancer. So taking her to Red Fish for Miami Spice, I found, was a great way to provide someone I love with a bit of relief. I got the jicama gazpacho, cumin tuna, and a key lime pie. None disappointed (while I do yield the cumin tuna was the most distinguished of the bunch) while my grandmother (a particularly picky eater) enjoyed her oysters, blackened swordfish, and flan. Our waiter, Derrick, went beyond the call of duty to make us feel at home. If you're looking for a nice view of Downtown, you won't get it with outdoor dining...though that's my sole complaint. The "other side" of Biscayne Bay was nevertheless impressive. There's a certain magic watching the palms dance in the breeze!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the OccasionDannyGirlDined on 8/26/2014Had dinner at Red Fish Grill for a quiet Romantic Birthday. It was perfect. View, Service and Food were all very good. My Sea Bass was perfectly prepared. Only a couple of cautions. I wouldn't recommend the tuna tartar if you really like tuna tartar, I didn't find this one great.Special Features: