102 San Marco Ave
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raintreerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (904) 824-7211
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch 10am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Matt Berg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Raintree has an upstairs Banquet facility that can accommodate up to 55 people, with private restroom facilities. Downstairs we can accommodate up to 30 people in a private room and have other semi private areas for smaller groups. Screen and LCD Rentals are available for seminars. Our facilities offer a unique setting for Rehearsal Dinners, Weddings, Private Parties and Business meetings. You may contact us after 2 pm to discuss your party or email for more information. Please visit our website for Group Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Lorna MacDonald 904 824 7211x
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Courtyard on Weekends
A word from Raintree Restaurant
Enjoy casual dining at it finest, the Raintree Restaurant & Steakhouse, recognized Nationally and Internationally for over 33 years as one of Florida's top destination Restaurants. The Raintree is renowned for its consistent, award-winning menu, consisting of Prime Steaks, Lamb, Poultry and the Finest in Fresh Seafood. The Raintree has a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Wine List and a premium bar, served in the warm, intimate atmosphere of a restored 1879 Victorian home. The home is surround by a brick courtyard with Gazebo's for outdoor dining. Even if you choose to dine elsewhere, join us afterward in The Dessert Bar, choose from our Famous Crepes, Ice cream Drinks, Dessert Martinis, Cappucinno & Espresso or indulge in a fine after dinner Liquor or CognacContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Raintree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Raintree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (86)great for outdoor dining (82)neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (60)notable wine list (44)good for groups (30)scenic view (26)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- theplannerDined on 11/11/2014we had not been there in awhile so we were pleasantly surprised how good the food and service were---we had a visitor from out of town and took him to show him another restaurant in st augustine and he loved his food, the service, and the atmosphere so we will probably come back soon--it was his birthday and they did a nice candle on a dessert for him--very nice!!Special Features:
- Reliably GoodGracesGrannyDined on 11/10/2014Pretty surroundings, moderately priced options on weekdays, good taste! Note that the gratuity is included on the check ~ not our favorite practice but we put up with it because we like the restaurant!Special Features:
- GREAT FOODFMITCH2Dined on 11/8/2014WE HAD BOTH THE PRIME RIB AND THE PEPPER FILET.. AWESOME!Special Features:
- Theater eveningAugieiteDined on 11/8/2014Service was superb,our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves.Everyone raved about my prime rib......the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Must go!JorgeluvsheatherDined on 11/7/2014This is our second time eating here. Both times, we are blown away by the level of service and the quality of the food. The ambiance and table arrangements are fantastic and a romantic evening can be had. There's a guy on a guitar singing, which kind of reminds me of phoebe from Friends, but even that can't take away from how awesome this place is. Loved it and will come here every time we visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningCherrycreedDined on 11/6/2014Had a terrific experience. Food and service were great. Would recommend and definitely return the next time we're in St. Augustine.Special Features:
- DisappointedGourmetmomVIPDined on 11/2/2014We dined at the Raintree for brunch on Sunday. We ate on a covered patio which was was very nice. Our server was good but the food was very average. My omelette was overcooked and lacking in flavor. The continental buffet which accompanies all brunch menu items was also very ordinary. The soup had no distinctive flavor and the salads were unremarkable. The breads were tasty but the brownies were hard and tasteless.Special Features:
- IkefishDined on 11/1/2014Excellent service, outstanding food! Raintree was a great find. We highly recommend this restaurant for a great experience.Special Features:
- Third time's the CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was our third visit to Raintree and by far the best in terms of food quality, service and table location. My date had beef wellington and I had one of the sea food specials of the evening. Both our plates went back to the kitchen completely empty. Deserts were also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner at RaintreeSpecialdiner2Dined on 11/1/2014Beautiful restaurant with outstanding service. Peppered filet was fantastic with the sauce (dance-in-your-seat fantastic!) as was the chocolate mousse for dessert. Grilled mahi in lemon butter sauce was very good but not as extra special as filet. The side rice for the fish was good and the vegetables were good, but I just don't like "barely cooked" baby carrots - prefer either cooked to soft or raw. The rest of the veggies were good. I felt the cocktails had too much ice, which gave them a "watered down" taste, next time I'll ask for "light on the ice". I will be back, look forward to trying the brunch. Our server was originally from Hungary and was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great St. Augustine GemletseatVIPDined on 10/29/2014Excellent menu and great specials. Food is very good and quite varied. The sun room is extremely pleasant. The waiter was excellent and went out of his way to answer all of our questions. He was very knowledgeable about the menu. We will be back to this restaurant very soon.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningLovestaugDined on 10/25/2014Service, food and atmosphere all were outstanding. Definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBobbidDined on 10/25/2014We spent a wonderful evening at the Raintree. We used to go for special occasions but with their less expensive meal offerings, now we can enjoy the restaurant more often. Great server. Delicious food. My only comment is that I am hearing-impaired and the noise level made conversation very difficult. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- raintreeairesDined on 10/25/2014This is a gem in st Augustine. It is a historic house type restaurant with beautiful windows overlooking the bayfront. Twinkle lights illuminate the raintree. We ate on the quaint porch and could hear the music from the courtyard. There is outside dining if you prefer. The menu is interesting with many wonderful choices.I always order beef wellington which was cooked to perfection. The desserts are too many to list but you cannot go wrong ordering a dessert crepe ours was similar to banana foster too good to describe. They offered cappacino both high test and decaf. Our waiter was courteous and helpful with our menu.A wonderful way to celebrate my fiancés birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- raintreefanDined on 10/22/2014Both of us had excellent filets, one with blue cheese and the other with Bernaise. Sides were very good too. A delightful experience.Special Features:
- romantic or special occasionCriticLEEDined on 10/21/2014I have lived in St. Augustine my whole life and never knew about this place. I took my fiance here the other night and we both agree it is the place for any special occasion off romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ResidentMaryDined on 10/20/2014Great food and great restaurant!the rack of lamb was rejoyed by my companion steak done to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining choicePattyBUDined on 10/16/2014Raintree restaurant has been my favorite St. Augustine place to dine for at least 25 years. The food has been consistently good. The dining rooms are lovely and the service is very attentive. This is not a place to wear your flip flops. However, there is casual dining on the patio. Whether dining alone or enjoying a special occasion with friends, you will be happy that you chose the Raintree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesDined on 10/14/2014We chose Raintree for dinner for our 8 year weadding anniversary. The lamb was bland but it was cooked to perfection. It came w/ mint jelly which gave it a refreshing taste but you can only eat so much mint flavor before you become tired of it. The blue cheese crusted steak had a good flavor. We were expecting the blue cheese to be cooked on the steak but it was just placed on top & appeared to be a white blob of something on the steak. I wanted to try the duck but they ran out of the duck special for the night. I doubt that we'll visit this place again just because there are so many other places that we want to try while vacationing here.Special Features:
- One of the Best Meals!KimmieDined on 10/11/2014I can truly say this is one of the best meals, from start to finish, I've ever had. We were celebrating my birthday and the food, service, ambiance was amazing! The waitress even had "Happy Birthday" written on my dessert plate with a candle as a surprise. We also took advantage of the shuttle to/from our B&B. This is such a nice touch! Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- 3rd time Not a charmMichaelD53VIPDined on 10/11/2014A special night planned that was to start at one of our favorite restaurants in St Augustine. Needless to say the order I had sent in with my reservation was completely ignored and my Girlfriends meal was a complete disaster. She is a Vegan as we explained to the same waitress we had in 2 previous visits which she in turn SAID she had it worked out with the chef. Clearly not the case when they brought her a plate full of carrots along with her Veggie Burger. After some exchanges they bring out this beautiful array of vegetables some 15 minutes later that should have been brought out initially. They attempted all of the standard apologies but for me it was the fact they knew in advance and were told several times concerning her meal request.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesflyinghighDined on 10/10/2014We go to the Raintree when we want a romantic night out. The food has always been great and have never been disappointed. The menu has changed over the years as they have added and deleted some dishes. We have been going there for over 10 years and will continue to go back on a regular basis. I recommend making a reservation for a Friday or Saturday night dinning. It is always busy.Special Features:
- wonderfulbettyDined on 10/9/2014a wonderful place to eat. we like to eat here before going to the Limelight theater which you can walk to from the parking lot. It is always a great meal and the ambiance is wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentPitJaxDined on 10/7/2014We go to Raintree a couple of times a year and we have never been disappointed. My spouse is gluten free, and they have always accommodated her diet. Service is terrific, servers are knowledgable and personable, and the price is moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!KathiDined on 10/5/2014We had a party of five adults, including 3 birthdays on a Sunday night. Our waitress was prompt and accommodating, without being at all intrusive. We ordered appetizers (soups were excellent and not salty- escargot was fabulous!). Everyone ordered a different entree and all were perfectly prepared. Beef Wellington - a perennial favorite - was awesome, as was the Blue cheese filet, seafood and pasta dishes. We ordered dessert, even though we were full. Lava dome cake, creme brulee, mixed berry crepes - all were the fabulous confections we expect from the Raintree. Even the specialty coffees were hot and delicious. I will be fasting and jogging for a week to offset the massive calorie intake, but it was worth every scrumptious bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 10/4/2014Service was personable but extremely slow, food was average at best Flambe crepe lacked the flambe. They charge extra for pasta dishes on Friday and Saturday night, but obviously cannot handle the demands of those evenings. They also charge 15 % service fee when the service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- InconsistantSuziDined on 10/4/2014Our experience and food were not up to the standard I've enjoyed in the past. Little misses like a very small table away from the window although we had reservations @ 5 and had requested a window table. Always enjoy the Raintree salad because of the frizzled onions but, although I paid for the upgrade from std. salad, it arrived without the usual onion. Beef Wellington was smaller than usual and because of that, it was well done instead of medium. My guest requested the potato be left off their plate (diet). It arrived with the potatoes instead of the extra vegetables requested. It was a nice dinner but not up to what I've had in the past. An off night in a number of little ways.Special Features:
- Not what we expected!Yumyum9106Dined on 10/3/2014Way to many items on the menu. No specific specialty when it comes to food. Only 5 red wines by the glass. I ordered filet with béarnaise sauce. The sauce was broken and my med rare Filet was more like rare plus(red cool inside). Not worth the $80.00 for 2 people. The restaurant was very warm during our dinner and smelled like a wet bar!Special Features:
- HeartSong1Dined on 9/29/2014A beautiful place to dine! Romantic scenic and very quiet! The food is exquisite and their servers are very attentive! One of my favorite places to eat and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who desires a superb dining experience!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceKJCJACDined on 9/28/2014I took my wife to Raintree for her 40th birthday and we were not disappointed. Very nice restaurant which offers great food. If it had been cooler outside I would've asked for outdoor seating, so the next time we go there I'll try for a table outside when the weather isn't so humid and muggy. Regardless, our table location was great. My wife had a special mushroom appetizer and I had the brushetta. For dinner my wife had the special which had shrimp, scallops and lobster tail with couscous with curry. I had the Chicken Zingara. Both were excellent. For dessert my wife had one their crepes and I had the bread pudding. Our server was fairly new but overall did a good job. We'll definitely go back the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find24DinnerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Of the numerous options in the St Augustine vicinity, this proved to be a standout selection. Varied selections on the menu, quality choices on the buffet and attentive service by the waitstaff made this an exceptional occasion. When back in the region, we will be sure to return to this remarkable establishment.Special Features:
- visitors to St AugustinediningMicheleDined on 9/27/2014We stumbled onto this charming house renovated to restaurant and we were so very pleased with all that we tried on the specials. Meatloaf, pork snitzel, seafood pasta and seafood au gratin. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was a bit noisy until a very large party celebrating on the the upper level left. The prices on the specials were under $20 which is unusual for Florida and the big ticket items like prime rib and tenderloin were in the upper $20 range. I wish they were in my area. I definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChappydaveDined on 9/27/2014My wife and i have made this one of our goto restaurants for all occasions. We have never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014we ate dinner with friends. had a great dinner. waiter...mark was more than good! food was awesome. would and almost did go back the next night for dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raintree BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The brunch menu was excellent. Food at buffet was a good selection. Grits were a bit dry, but everything else very very good.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Had dinner on Sat evening and the noise level was beyond energetic in the dining room. Somehow groups larger than 6 should be placed somewhere else, rather than the same room with other groups of 4 or so trying to converse over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesFoodiesDined on 9/19/2014We had a romantic table. The food was excellent!! Prepared for us with some changes to suit our diet.Special Features:
- A Gem in Americas oldest townFoodloverDined on 9/18/2014We found the Raintree Restaurant through a Travel-Brochure many years ago and have been coming here ever since. The 1 hour and 50 minutes ride is worth it. We enjoy St. Augustine and at the same time have a delicious Dinner, great wine, the best desert ever and all that with friendly and super efficient service. When the weather cools down a little we eat outside in one of the gazebos. Otherwise we enjoy the beautiful setting of a Victorian gem. W will be heading there again for Halloween for dinner followed by a walk through the surrounding neighborhood with the old houses decorated and the little ones trick or treating. Check their website for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outhoweDined on 9/13/2014We had a nice corner table inside. The staff was pleasant and informed. Seated and waited on promptly. My wife had the Beef Wellington which we do not see on many menus and I had the Paella. We both enjoyed our meals very much and would dine here again.Special Features:
- Amazing Food in a Beautiful PlaceKevinGeddingsDined on 9/13/2014We took another couple out for dinner on a Saturday night... had great service.. sat in a private Gazebo in the Historic District... amazing wines... tasty fresh bread and great entrees... seafood, pork and chicken at our table. Then we had delicious desserts including a Reeses Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie! Highly recommend Raintree!Special Features: