Puckett's 5th & Church
500 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37219Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Puckett's 5th & Church
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puckettsgrocery.com/nashville/index.php
- Phone: 6157702772x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday; 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Voted Best Caterer in Williamson County for 6 years in a row!
- Private Party Facilities: Small private dining area seats up to 15. We will rent out the restaurant for private events in the evening.
- Private Party Contact: Autumn Friese 6157702772x
- Entertainment: We feature Music City's best local talent 7 nights a week! You'll hear up and coming songwriters and great Americana acts Sunday through Thursday. Number one hit song-writers and bands made up by those hit song writers and the same musicians who have toured with everyone from Elton John to Emmylou Harris on featured on Friday and Saturdays. Want more info? Check our calendar at http://bit.ly/NashvilleCalendar for all the details!
A word from Puckett's 5th & Church
Founded in the fifties, people have been congregating at Puckett"s for over half a century. We've updated a bit, added some recipes from our family and friends, and thrown in some great live music. But it's still Puckett's Grocery... nothing too fancy, but everything good. It's where the locals go for real food, real people and real fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Puckett's 5th & Church reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (105)good for groups (103)hot spot (81)fit for foodies (55)kid-friendly (53)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (28)special occasion (26)late-night find (24)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (18)romantic (2)Show More
- Good times!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Friendly staff, delicious food. The only place we went twice on our trip to Nashville since it was convenient to downtown and had a great experience.Special Features:
- Puckett's SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Reservation worked liked a charm on a very crowded night. Service was excellent with quick response to issue with food. Food was satisfactory, but not exceptional. There were 4 in our group and 3 of the 4 had some issue with food. We were going to a concert at the Arena so we could not stay for the live entertainment. Might go back at lunch, but probably not for supper.Special Features:
- Only okAmkrebsDined on 10/16/2014Despite many open tables, they seated us right next to the bar so that people trying to order drinks were surrounding our table and bumping into us all night- very uncomfortable. I had a veggie burger that was a little dry, but ketchup made it more palatable. My mom ordered a hot chicken sandwich and actually disliked the house BBQ sauce so much she sent it back, which she never does. Then she ordered chicken salad, which she said was just ok. I saw advertisements everywhere for hard Apple cider, so I ordered one, but they were out. We won't be back, too many other gems in nashville to waste a meal here.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I had the half smoked chicken with sides. The chicken was delicious but the side were less so. I had mac and cheese and it was cold. I did not send it back since I only wanted a taste.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Went here before a concert - great location & good food. Wife said her fried chicken was the best she's ever had - my steak was over cooked but they quickly brought me another. Only problem I noticed was the lighting - very dim - when everyone in the place is using flashlight mode on their phones to read menus it's too dim. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatplace to eatfoodloveratheartDined on 10/9/2014Great dry rub, sweet potato fries were tasty as well...generous portions, great meal for your money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun nightWendoDined on 10/6/2014Puckett's is a lively spot. I was lucky enough to get the last Smoked Chicken of the evening (they go FAST!) and realized while I was savoring it how tragic it would have been to miss out! It was so delicious!!!Special Features:
- Better Music than foodeat2muchDined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed our night at Puckett's. Food was OK for us. A lot of fried food which we are not accustomed. Lively restaurant with great musicians playing during our meal. Great to see the young kids up on stage just beginning their careers.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to hypekstoDined on 10/4/2014Made a reservation for our anniversary after hearing great reviews. Food was okay at best. The ribs were dry. Salads came and the meal came 30 seconds later. We were seated in a back corner and servers didn't come by to clear dishes. Not bad -- but definitely not what we were hoping for a special night out.Special Features:
- Don't drop the puck !!WasperBobDined on 10/4/2014Always a good choice for downtown dining before an event that is relatively convenient, close but away from the frenzy, good food & drink, always good service including little if any wait time if you have an advance reservation.Special Features:
- FishDined on 10/3/2014The place was quite crowded and very loud. However, since it wasn't a fine-dining restaurant, but essentially a barbecue place, the noise level was not an issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Band ExcellentluvDaBandDined on 9/27/2014Loved the food and Raven Cliff Band. Would definitely do this again.Special Features:
- Good food, Great serviceJenniferDined on 9/23/2014The food was tasty and plentiful. The server was friendly and attentive despite the fact the place was packed. I would recommend you make a reservation or you will be waiting for a while to get a table. Fair warning, I went before the live music started at 8pm and it was still very loud so if you are sensitive to noise, this may not be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014I've been to Puckett's in Franklin and also the downtown Nashville location and both are great. This is a very good place for the southern, Nashville experience. Food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceTheJonesDined on 9/22/2014This was our first time to Puckett's and they did not disappoint. We were lucky and got there early enough that we were seated quickly. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great FindjerseygirlDined on 9/21/2014This was our first visit to Nashville and I did a lot of research for places to eat during our stay. My husband and I were so pleased that we found Puckett's, so much so, that we went twice in a weekend. The food was delicious and so plentiful! All the staff were very friendly and patient while we asked about different menu items. The dining area is very crowded but that was the charm to being in this neighborhood place. We were there too early on Friday night to see any entertainment but on Sunday evening, we got to enjoy three musicians as we dined. We loved the atmosphere, the food and the music. We would definitely recommend Puckett's to anyone who visits Downtown Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find near TPACTrentDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I were going to a show at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. This was about the only restaurant that was open on Sunday near TPAC that was A) convenient and B) fit what we were looking for (our only other convenient options were a Subway or a $$$ restaurant at a nearby hotel). To get my only complaints our of the way: it was a bit too loud and the tables are too close together. However, every other aspect was very good to excellent: our server was friendly and efficient, the meal arrived quickly, yet was fresh (it was clearly made to order and not microwaved) and the food was delicious. I had excellent crispy chicken fried chicken, while my wife loved her shrimp and grits. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014Service was exceptional, food was great. Would highly recommend for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalOTuserDined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing. Top off your meal with a milkshake! Will dine here again.Special Features:
- FriendlyGossiepooVIPDined on 9/20/2014The staff here is so friendly. I recommend giving it a try if you want to experience some good ole southern hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunioncontrol2014Dined on 9/20/2014The club sandwich with country ham, bacon, and chicken was okay. The country ham had fat left on it and the chicken was too tuf to eat and the french fries were old, cold and rubber. I wouldn't recommend this sandwich. But the rest of my party their food was very good. I thought the Puckett's in Franklin was just a better all around better Puckett's.Special Features:
- Awesome food for a bargain pricetimmy911Dined on 9/19/2014Decided to try Puckets based on reviews. Reservation through open table, so no wait. Seated promptly and our server was very quick as well as friendly. Smoked half chicken was really good, although a tad on the small side. Wide had the pulled pork and said it was amazing! All in all, very satisfied and wanted to go back the next day, but plans kept us from it. Oh yeah, did I mention you can't beat the price?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment AgainNashvilleFoodFreakDined on 9/18/2014The 1st time I ate at Puckett's downtown the food was great. Each time I go back the quality diminishes significantly. The BBQ was dry & cold. The chicken fried chicken has a great flavored batter but don't be foiled by the menu saying you get 2 breast. It is certainly 2 pieces of chicken just ones that were originally 1 breast that was beaten, flattened & cut into 2 or 3 "breasts". The chicken fried steak was flat out awful. It was all batter with LOTS of grease. The meat in it was beaten so flat it was burned from fring it. We set next to the entrance to the kitchen. I can't tell you how many plates were sent back. Seating is less than ideal. We made reservations for 5 a day or 2 in advance & they shoved us all around a bar table for 4.Special Features:
- Pulled Pork QuesadillasMimiDined on 9/18/2014These are outstanding and if you've never had them - be sure to ask them to make them for you as they're not on menu! Very filling too - lots of pork!!!!Special Features:
- Country feel in the citytntravelerDined on 9/17/2014The atmosphere in this restaurant has a small town country feel to it while being in the heart of Nashville. Went for dinner before a TPAC show, service was right on pace and food was excellent. Portion size was great, not too small or too large. Prices were very reasonable. I will definitely come back. I had the "Piggy Mac", it was served in a small cast iron skillet. It had pulled pork on the bottom with Gouda Mac and cheese on the top. Delicious, and filling, I could only eat half of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, Basic Neighborhood FoodJKCManVIPDined on 9/16/2014Good variety of southern food with many fried options and lots of potatoes and fries. Service was excellent. Good for out-of-towners on visit to Nashville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We eat here often...food is always good and love the location...a few streets over from Broadway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Good comfort food and a casual atmosphere. Was perfect for a casual, but still good quality meal before a show at the Ryman. Was glad they took reservations. Lots of people waiting, but we were seated right in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful meal, atmosphere and service. Can't go wrong here. Would return on next visit.Special Features:
- Good and BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have been to the Pucketts in Franklin and Leipers Fork numerous times, but this was my first visit to the one in the city. A couple of visitors wanted some Southern food near downtown, so I made 8pm dinner reservations. The restaurant tables were packed so tightly, we had to ask the other tables to slide in so we could even get to our table. The food was good. What we really found rude was that about 9pm, the server came over and told us, "If you want to stay at your table, you have to pay a $12 cover charge." We were still finishing our drinks and it wasn't like we were just taking up space.Special Features:
- Came for the musiclitupDined on 9/11/2014We had the shrimp and grits....spicy, but i enjoyed it. We came to hear the Rocketmen and they were outstanding. Great sound system and amazing musicians!Special Features:
- Loved it!!LamsmomDined on 9/10/2014Puckett's was recommended to us by a friend and it did not disappoint. It had the perfect atmosphere for local music. The food was excellent - I had the piggy mac and my husband had chicken fried chicken. Both exceeded our expectations. Service was quick, food came out within 5 minutes and it was hot and delicious! Our server (I can't remember his name :() was friendly, helpful and courteous, even though he was helping a party of 50 at the same time. I would recommend to anyone who wants some good southern food in a fun environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good ChoiceSgtutvolsVIPDined on 9/9/2014Whenever there is a show at The Ryman I can always count on a good meal at Puckett's with great service. Food is consistently good and I have never had bad service at this Nashville gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Good casual dining spot. Service was fast which met our need as we had a show to catch. I would recommend reservations if you have a time restraint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music & food, service just okNowInNashvilleDined on 9/6/2014Have been here a number of times now and it seems something always goes wrong with the order. The food is always delicious, the server is always friendly, the music is always top notch, but this last time they didn't bring the starter salad at all, and when I finally got the waitress' attention we were too far into our entrees to bother with a salad. I asked that the bill just be adjusted to account for the missing salad, but there was "nothing they could do on the bill" so they offered me a dessert. Not the ideal fix, but it was something. On the previous visit they brought us the wrong chicken dish. I definitely recommend going here and will continue to come back, but they just need to make some adjustments on the service side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy local pubJaredBVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is a first class operation. Good service, pleasant staff and accommodating. They honor reservations and are very organized about seating and wait times. Be sure to make a reservation or plan to wait but the kitchen is very fast and the food is good and consistent. Drinks are reasonable.Special Features:
- foodaprilDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent. Best steak that I have had in a long time. Food was delivered very quickly. Will return to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is just OKpiezumVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had the shrimp and grits - could not find the grits in all the sauce in the bowl. There were 4 of us. Fried chicken got the best review. Band was very good, but overwhelms the restaurant. Go for the music not the food.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014We went for an early supper. Smoked chicken was awesome!Special Features:
- Great the 1st time, so - so the 2ndMickeyDined on 8/31/2014The first time we ate at Puckett's was at lunch almost a year ago, it was delicious. We decided to go back this time for supper. The salad was excellent, as for the entrée not so much. We had a fried green bean appetizer, it was over fried and the same went for my chicken fried steak. Although the chicken fried steak was supposed to be a ribeye, I have had better else where with lesser cuts of beef. My wife's fried chicken didn't seam to be cooked as poorly as my meal so I'm not sure if it was the grease that was bad or just the preparation of my food. The peach cobbler was 3/4th cobbler and maybe 3 to 4 peach slices, disappointed to say the least. I will most likely go back and give them another chance, but I will avoid the fried foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.