Puckett's 5th & Church
500 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37219Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Puckett's 5th & Church
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puckettsgrocery.com/nashville/index.php
- Phone: (615) 770-2772
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday; 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Voted Best Caterer in Williamson County for 6 years in a row!
- Private Party Facilities: Small private dining area seats up to 15. We will rent out the restaurant for private events in the evening.
- Private Party Contact: Autumn Friese 6157702772x
- Entertainment: We feature Music City's best local talent 7 nights a week! You'll hear up and coming songwriters and great Americana acts Sunday through Thursday. Number one hit song-writers and bands made up by those hit song writers and the same musicians who have toured with everyone from Elton John to Emmylou Harris on featured on Friday and Saturdays. Want more info? Check our calendar at http://bit.ly/NashvilleCalendar for all the details!
A word from Puckett's 5th & Church
Founded in the fifties, people have been congregating at Puckett"s for over half a century. We've updated a bit, added some recipes from our family and friends, and thrown in some great live music. But it's still Puckett's Grocery... nothing too fancy, but everything good. It's where the locals go for real food, real people and real fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Puckett's 5th & Church reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (115)neighborhood gem (111)hot spot (97)great for lunch (65)fit for foodies (56)kid-friendly (51)great for brunch (33)special occasion (31)late-night find (28)vibrant bar scene (22)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014I had a party of 15 and they were very accommodating. The staff is always friendly and my group will definitely eat there again because they have a great variety of options, good food, good prices, great location, and their service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait, I guess?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Met 3 friends there at 4pm for sips & bites before a TPAC performance. We had made reservations. There were very few tables occupied when we arrived, yet it took almost 15 minutes before we were ever acknowledged once seated. Service staff were everywhere, but none were apparently responsible for our table. Once somone located our server, he was very attentive the remainder of our visit. Apps were good. Bloody Mary very nice! I would return to try some of their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great location....Momof2divasDined on 11/17/2014The service was terrific at Puckett's! We had tickets for a show and were on a time crunch. Our reservation was prompt and food was fabulous. We love Puckett's and will return!Special Features:
- Another Great PuckettsDixieDined on 11/15/2014Great all around. Parking was fun since the lot was closed south of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent. Great service. Place was packed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Group of 6, we had reservations and were seated immediately. Current wait was 90 min. So I'm very happy to say I used open table. We were celebrating a 50th birthday of a friend. It was very good. Food was good but not spectacular. The band was Raven Cliff, they were outstanding. Could have stayed longerm but other places to go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelDined on 11/15/2014Love the atmosphere. Food is good and great place if you are downtown Nashville for the weekend. Definitely make reservations or you will be waiting a long time. Service is always great & it is a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Majorly DisappointedlikestogonewplacesDined on 11/15/2014The steaks we ordered were not good. They were very fatty and we ended up not eating them. We had planned to stay for the concert, but decided to leave and go somewhere else to eat. We were very disappointed because the majority of the reviews I read were good! The manager was nice, though, and comped one of the steaks. Our meal was still $30, though.
- GnashvillePackManDined on 11/15/2014Great place to go before a Preds' game at Bridgestone. The food is outstanding in a southern-fried way -- not a good place for "light" fare, but excellent traditional local cooking. The fried pickle appetizer and smoked brisket are especially recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & entertainment...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The quality of entertainment that Puckett's brings to their stages is incredible and exceptional... I especially enjoy the songwriter sessions...It's awesome to hear about what inspired the writers to pen the songs. And...the food at Puckett's is always wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, food not so great!PuckettsDined on 11/14/2014The ambience and location are perfect for Nashville, however the hostesses are not friendly and the food is below average. Come on Puckett's! You can do better.
- tdjd11Dined on 11/14/2014Making reservation at 4:30 was excellent choice due to it became crowded at 5 and people were waiting.Special Features:
- Excellent Fooddrbob44Dined on 11/12/2014The fried chicken was the best I have ever had. The flavor of the chicken itself was beyond comparison because of the marinade. The skin was crisp and very good. Just an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly good but a major gripeWordsmithDined on 11/10/2014The food was good, we were seated quickly, and the overall service was quite good ... BUT ... my salad came AFTER my entree. When I stated to the person delivering the food and then later to our waiter that I would not be eating it — I had already started my entree — and asked for a box, the proper thing would have been to profusely apologize and insist on comping the bill for the food that I paid for but never had the opportunity to eat. I did put the salad in a box and take it home, but a salad doesn't stay very fresh in the car while you're whooping it up at the Ryman for a few hours. The food was good, our server was polite and engaging, but this fail left me a bit disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The food is fantastic, and a great variety of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for vegetariansbmfc1Dined on 11/8/2014It was our first night in town and I got to pick the restaurant because it was my birthday. The food was fine... for me ("Chicken Fried Chicken"). My wife has various food allergies which I noted on my Open Table reservation. The waitress didn't acknowledge these limitations (again, they were noted in advance). She gave her an ingredients list which was nice but the only thing my wife could eat was fries. The menu should be expanded. I also: 1) wrote down that it was my birthday, 2) my wife mentioned it when we checked in, and 3) my wife told the waitress. NOTHING. No "Happy Birthday", no free dessert, no candle in the dessert that I ordered. That wasn't nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Food was ok but we ate at some fabulous places that were better in Nashville. Wow what great service and people were great. Remember we ate at the best in Nashville.Special Features:
- GemFoodsieVIPDined on 11/6/2014Live music was amazing. So was the food. Inexpensive, good portions. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and live entertainmentMikaylaDined on 11/6/2014If you've never been here I'd recommend going! We saw Tyler Barham perform some cover songs and orginals. Pucketts has a great eye for what artists should play in there without creating a bar scene. The food was pretty good, however, they do like to spice things up a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!PunkjuiceDined on 11/5/2014Zach was the best waiter...in overalls I might add. Great food...I had the pork BBQ an sweet potato fries. Just simply awesome!Special Features:
- Pucket's 5th & ChurchRNM1Dined on 11/4/2014Ordered their smoked chicken which is a house specialty. Only fair, not much of a smoky taste. Excellent service. There fried cookie dough with ice cream was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and funbaldrjhDined on 10/31/2014Good for a group. Recommend you get there early. Food good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beer mediocre foodEllenDined on 10/30/2014We had fried chicken, two small pieces with little flavor and pulled pork smothered with Mac and cheese that was also tasteless. The Pilsner beer, however, was very good.Special Features:
- Great foodGrandpaFuzzyDined on 10/29/2014Have dined here several times with different dishes all were unique, well prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- Great spot Downtown NashvilleNashvilleJackieDined on 10/28/2014Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner! Live music most nights. Excellent food and drinks. Try the Pumpkin Martini and or the Apple and Blueberry Cobbler this fall! WOW! Nice street side tables too if the weather is nice. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWestNash828Dined on 10/26/2014We had a great time and the food was excellent and the food is reasonably priced. Great selection of local beers on tap. If you like southern cooking with a BBQ twist, then you'll like this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good Southern CookingNashvilleKathyDined on 10/25/2014A friend and I had a good meal at Puckett's before we went to TPAC. The atmosphere was lively and fun. The service was very good. My catfish was very tasty, perfectly battered and fried. The sweet potato fries and cornbread were also good. If you enjoy Southern cooking, Puckett's is a great choice. If you are looking for something low calorie and healthy, you might want to try a different restaurantSpecial Features:
- Never disappointstnchickDined on 10/22/2014We love eating at Puckett's. This time we had the half price appetizers before 6:00pm along with my glass of wine and my husband's beer. We were seated ahead of our reservation and never felt rushed. The fried pickles and the fried green tomatoes were delicious. They sat us near the pies but we were too full for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wings!BobtDined on 10/21/2014Omg, the wings were so good we went back twice. And font get me started on the fried brownie Sunday...no words can describe the sensation in your mouth. Add great staff to that and it's an amazing combinTionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!eswensDined on 10/19/2014Friendly staff, delicious food. The only place we went twice on our trip to Nashville since it was convenient to downtown and had a great experience.Special Features:
- Puckett's SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Reservation worked liked a charm on a very crowded night. Service was excellent with quick response to issue with food. Food was satisfactory, but not exceptional. There were 4 in our group and 3 of the 4 had some issue with food. We were going to a concert at the Arena so we could not stay for the live entertainment. Might go back at lunch, but probably not for supper.Special Features:
- A good time was had by all!SpottedALDined on 10/16/2014Excellent food...Service was excellent, especially Kyle, our server!!! We took a couple that had never been there. They really enjoyed it. We had reservations @ 5. Finished a great meal with time to visit and walk to the Paul McCartney concert!Special Features:
- Only okAmkrebsDined on 10/16/2014Despite many open tables, they seated us right next to the bar so that people trying to order drinks were surrounding our table and bumping into us all night- very uncomfortable. I had a veggie burger that was a little dry, but ketchup made it more palatable. My mom ordered a hot chicken sandwich and actually disliked the house BBQ sauce so much she sent it back, which she never does. Then she ordered chicken salad, which she said was just ok. I saw advertisements everywhere for hard Apple cider, so I ordered one, but they were out. We won't be back, too many other gems in nashville to waste a meal here.
- FoodrockyDined on 10/15/2014I had the half smoked chicken with sides. The chicken was delicious but the side were less so. I had mac and cheese and it was cold. I did not send it back since I only wanted a taste.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Went here before a concert - great location & good food. Wife said her fried chicken was the best she's ever had - my steak was over cooked but they quickly brought me another. Only problem I noticed was the lighting - very dim - when everyone in the place is using flashlight mode on their phones to read menus it's too dim. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatplace to eatfoodloveratheartDined on 10/9/2014Great dry rub, sweet potato fries were tasty as well...generous portions, great meal for your money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun nightWendoDined on 10/6/2014Puckett's is a lively spot. I was lucky enough to get the last Smoked Chicken of the evening (they go FAST!) and realized while I was savoring it how tragic it would have been to miss out! It was so delicious!!!Special Features:
- Better Music than foodeat2muchDined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed our night at Puckett's. Food was OK for us. A lot of fried food which we are not accustomed. Lively restaurant with great musicians playing during our meal. Great to see the young kids up on stage just beginning their careers.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to hypekstoDined on 10/4/2014Made a reservation for our anniversary after hearing great reviews. Food was okay at best. The ribs were dry. Salads came and the meal came 30 seconds later. We were seated in a back corner and servers didn't come by to clear dishes. Not bad -- but definitely not what we were hoping for a special night out.Special Features:
- Don't drop the puck !!WasperBobDined on 10/4/2014Always a good choice for downtown dining before an event that is relatively convenient, close but away from the frenzy, good food & drink, always good service including little if any wait time if you have an advance reservation.Special Features:
- FishDined on 10/3/2014The place was quite crowded and very loud. However, since it wasn't a fine-dining restaurant, but essentially a barbecue place, the noise level was not an issue.I would recommend this to a friend.