Puckett's 5th & Church
500 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37219Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Puckett's 5th & Church
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puckettsgrocery.com/nashville/index.php
- Phone: 6157702772x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday; 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Voted Best Caterer in Williamson County for 6 years in a row!
- Private Party Facilities: Small private dining area seats up to 15. We will rent out the restaurant for private events in the evening.
- Private Party Contact: Autumn Friese 6157702772x
- Entertainment: We feature Music City's best local talent 7 nights a week! You'll hear up and coming songwriters and great Americana acts Sunday through Thursday. Number one hit song-writers and bands made up by those hit song writers and the same musicians who have toured with everyone from Elton John to Emmylou Harris on featured on Friday and Saturdays. Want more info? Check our calendar at http://bit.ly/NashvilleCalendar for all the details!
A word from Puckett's 5th & Church
Founded in the fifties, people have been congregating at Puckett"s for over half a century. We've updated a bit, added some recipes from our family and friends, and thrown in some great live music. But it's still Puckett's Grocery... nothing too fancy, but everything good. It's where the locals go for real food, real people and real fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Puckett's 5th & Church reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (107)hot spot (79)kid-friendly (67)great for lunch (67)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (38)great for brunch (34)vibrant bar scene (30)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (29)scenic view (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great the 1st time, so - so the 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The first time we ate at Puckett's was at lunch almost a year ago, it was delicious. We decided to go back this time for supper. The salad was excellent, as for the entrée not so much. We had a fried green bean appetizer, it was over fried and the same went for my chicken fried steak. Although the chicken fried steak was supposed to be a ribeye, I have had better else where with lesser cuts of beef. My wife's fried chicken didn't seam to be cooked as poorly as my meal so I'm not sure if it was the grease that was bad or just the preparation of my food. The peach cobbler was 3/4th cobbler and maybe 3 to 4 peach slices, disappointed to say the least. I will most likely go back and give them another chance, but I will avoid the fried foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We ate her on Labor Day weekend. We showed up an hour early because it was pouring rain and we couldn't go back to the hotel, and they sat us almost immediately; 8 people! That impressed me. The food was amazing, and we had a great time. Our server was pretty easy on the eyes as well. :)Special Features:
- Great location, average foodCLCTDined on 8/27/2014Location convenient to public parking. Within walking distance of Ryman Auditorium, Bridgestone Arena, other downtown destinations. Food is good, "down home" country cooking; service excellent. Reservations recommended. I had the pulled pork barbecue plate with sweet potato fries, cole slaw, baked beans and cornbread. BBQ smoked on-sight, smells great from the moment you enter the door! It's good, but average. Fries were crispy. Mayo-based cole slaw is slightly sweet. Baked beans typical of any BBQ joint. My husband had the same plate, with chicken. He was disappointed the chicken was pulled, and not quartered. He said it was fair. Large portions; cold beer. Live music nightly. Great place to go before and after a concert at the Ryman!Special Features:
- Love PuckettsDukeTastyDined on 8/25/2014Love this place and it's located pretty much next to the Ryman, so it's a great spot to eat before a show. Food and service is great. The last time we went, the hostess was rude but everything else made up for bad attitude.Special Features:
- Good food and entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We were in town visiting for a conference and found this place on Open Table. We were able to get a reservation for 6 on short notice. The wings were great. The brisket was also great when you added some of the BBQ sauce to it. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Nashville that wants to try some local BBQ and live music.
- Good food Downtown NashvilleAFMomDined on 8/19/2014Good food with southern flair and good service with good entertainment. We always take out of town guests to Puckett's and then walk to other venues downtown. We can always count on Puckett's to have good food and not just bar food. Love that they take reservations now via Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistentmiaSDined on 8/19/2014Pucketts is our go-to restaurant for most downtown events. It is centrally located, food is consistent, service is personable and you can't go wrong as long as you make reservations ahead of time, or you don't mind a wait when they are busy. Outdoor dining is also an option.Special Features:
- Puckett's Songwriter's NightPuckettsDined on 8/15/2014Very good table and food. Noise level of course terrible as usual. Bachelorette party and people dancing on chairs, standing up in front of other customers while songwriters are trying to talk and sing. So disgusted with Downtown Pucketts' These things NEVER happen at Franklin or Columbia. So guess we'll just not go to Nashville one anymore even though our songwriting friends will be playing there. Again - NO announcements at the beginning of the show by Ladawn about enjoying the evening, talking quietly and giving respect to the songwriters.Special Features:
- Business Group DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Great spot to take business associates who are visting from out of town and want to experience Nashville and some great BBQ! We took 2 separate groups of 40 in 1 week. Split into smaller groups and had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table App messes it upOpenTableProVIPDined on 8/11/2014The current, fairly new Open Table app was responsible for a 45-minute delay in getting a table. I had revised the reservation from 2 to 3 people, but the new app didn't "take" the change. Another person standing next to me had the same problem, so it's not just me. I'd take the old app back any day! That said, once we got seated (ahem ... surrounded by a horde of standing/waiting people), the food and service was great. Every visitor to Nashville should try Puckett's!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to its reviews :(qbanattnyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Having been in Nashville numerous times, I had heard a lot about Puckett's. I had a group of 12 sales personnel I was hosting a dinner and wanted some local comfort food that came highly recommended. I hate to say it, it was uneventful. Food was OK and nothing exciting jumped out at us. The service was with a smile, but the timing of the food delivery was definitely off. It's as if they wanted to get us out as quick as possible. Definitely disappointing.
- Great foodMlatham70Dined on 8/11/2014Great food great service see more on my yelp reviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Great local talent with good food. The cover probably scares people off, but it worth it.Special Features:
- Awesome 1st Experience2dinersDined on 8/9/2014We had reservations and there was a long line at check in. Husband spoke to one of the attendees at desk and we were seated immediately. Server was there right away with menus and asked for our drinks. Service was excellent and quick. Food was outstanding. Decor was very old day country but cool. Restrooms were clean. Plenty of room between tables. Server addressed me by my surname which is just another attention to detail since we had reservations. Very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014Wess was wonderful. I was in town attending a conference and with their was a major rain storm that delayed some folks. He and the host station were very accommodating with the array of arrival times and provided excellent service.
- Comfort Food Rules!lonestarcornhuskerDined on 8/6/2014My 17 year old daughter and I had a great time at this restaurant which was within walking distance of our hotel, The Hermitage. I had a perfectly cooked half chicken with sides of sweet potatoes and squash that were flavorful and such a treat! My daughter had a burger that she loved. Our waitress made a spot on recommendation for a berry cobbler ala mode that was exquisite and laden with berries galore. As our meal progressed, a talented musical duo played high quality covers and took requests---the whole experience was Nashville! Nashville done perfectly!Special Features:
- Lived up to the reviewsWanttomovetoNashvilleDined on 8/2/2014We heard about Puckett's from friends and couldn't wait to try it ourselves! The menu had many choices and it took awhile to decide what to pick because all the items looked delicious! This will be a place we come to whenever we are in Nashville! We enjoyed our dinner and want to try breakfast and lunch menus too! I have already recommended Puckett's to numerous friends coming soon to town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe!NashvilleFretworksDined on 8/2/2014We decided to visit Puckett's for dinner before a show at the Ryman and couldn't be happier with the choice! Our server was fun and informative, her recommendations on drinks, desserts and entree's were excellent. We loved the ambience and will be back soon!Special Features:
- Great food in NashvilletoramorDined on 8/2/2014A great dinner shoot after seeing the sights in Nashville. Great menu with traditional favorites and some innovative twists. Prompt service too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayCanzimDined on 8/1/2014The service was very good but the food was nothing special. The shrimp and grits was all shrimp and sauce and no grits. Also no warning that they were very spicy...almost inedible. The fried chicken was okay but again nothing special. Maybe the chef was tired...maybe my palate is just tired of one more of this type of restaurant.
- Family friendly w/live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014There aren't a lot of family friendly venues with very good food and live entertainment in Nashville, but Puckett's continues to be one. We were there in 2009 also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great entertainmentFotw5Dined on 7/29/2014Puckett's in uptown Nashville is a great venue. The location is convenient to other Nashville visitor spots. The food is good, moderately priced, and the entertainment is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Visit @ Puckett's, 5 guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Food: soggy with grease fried pickles (it puddled on the plate), fried chicken was over-fried (the chicken fried chicken looked just like the southern fried chicken), etc. the green beans and steamed vegetables were good. Overall, our entire party was disappointed with the food. Atmosphere: Light and fun, great ambience. Not crowded or busy. Reservations: service via Open Table is awesome! However, the hosts at the restaurant not so much. They seated 3 that arrived first. When the last 2 arrived they had to wait for the reservation to be found as it was "not in the system". After 10 minutes or so, they were seated "without a reservation", and that's when they spotted the rest of the party already seated across the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FoodStaceyDined on 7/28/2014We loved the food at this place and would specifically recommend the Piggy Mac and Chicken Fried Chicken although you really can't go wrong whatever you order. I'd recommend a reservation because they are very busy, even on a Monday night. We made a reservation ahead of time and got seated right away so it worked out great. Parking across the street is a bit pricey ($10 for an hour, $15 for 2 hours, or $20 for 8 hours). We went ahead and paid for 8 hours so we wouldn't be rushed and it gave us plenty of time to eat and tour the city. It was a great experience!Special Features:
- Puckett's does it right!dbgovolsDined on 7/28/2014Puckett's does it right! 1. Great food: I had the bbq plate with beans, mixed veggies, and an excellent side salad. My wife had the salmon moonshine platter. Both were delicious. 2. Our server, Brandi, was very attentive and helpful with suggestions for our group. 3. Only complaint would be the noise. Puckett's has a lively country store ambiance and at times it was hard to hear, but the food and service make up for that. 4. Make reservations for dinner. Don't expect to walk in on a busy night and get a table right away.Special Features:
- Great Food - Good Musicashend57Dined on 7/27/2014Make a reservation! Fantastic service, fantastic food (we had BBQ Pork & Beef Brisket Sandwiches). Showcase of young unknown song writers. We had a great evening. Parked in Library Parking Building 2 blocks away for $5 on a Sunday night. Lot across the street is significantly more. Definitely plan to dine here again when back in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I left full and so happy!StPauliGirlDined on 7/26/2014Thank you Pucketts for such a great dining experience. We came from out of town and made reservations without a referral or insight. Your menu was amazing, filed with every southern food imaginable. For us 8 ladies, we loved every bite...from the fried green tomatoes, to the piggy Mac to the shrimp and grits to the peach cobbler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Puckett's was recommended by a few of my friends and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious. The menu had a nice variety of options and the service was quick and friendly. I plan on going again and would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, felt rushedconner22Dined on 7/22/2014The food has been delicious on both visits to Puckett's. However, both times I have felt very rushed. My salad and entree are always delivered within one minute of one another -- it just feels hurried and sloppy. This is my only complaint. The Backwoods Cherry Cola was a great value and tasted delicious, too. Would recommend coming when they are not so busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicFatherOf4Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I love Pucketts. We drive down from Louisville one weekend a year for our anniversary and Pucketts is our Saturday night spot. This year I was disappointed with Rick Vito as a Saturday night act. He is a great musician but we were bored an hour into it and left to try The Listening Room. My opinion is Saturday night artist need more diversity, like three singer/songwriters. Again, it's not that Rick was bad he just did not connect the audience to his music . You guys are awesome and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Went for a bachelorette party for a nice dinner before we went out. Dinner was delicious. Service was great! Really set the tone for the rest of the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was great and our server Wes was the best we have experienced in some time. We were there to also here the music which was fantastic even if the large group of people were very rude and loud and talked and laughed much of the time it was like they were oblivious to the entertainment on stage! It was a fun night all in all and we would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent overall experiencetifflmcDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant was so delicious. Wonderful service. The chicken fried chicken was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations were not correctstockstar66VIPDined on 7/18/2014We traveled to Nashville from NYC and were looking for some of the better rated restaurants. We wanted to try something local and authentic. Some of the reviews suggested that we had found the right spot with this place - but as it turned out, it seemed this was a fried food haven. Not at all what we thought Nashville had going on....but I do partially blame it on our own expectations, which were too high for this city (not hard to do when you are traveling from NY).
- Really good food, huge portions!DanaVIPDined on 7/17/2014You won't go hungry here! The food is great- many southern cuisine options. But do not go and expect to be able to talk to your group- it is really loud, even before the music starts. The catfish is fabulous. Good cocktails, too.Special Features:
- Expected BetterTheFangDined on 7/16/2014It must have been an 'off night' or something. The fries were soggy and lukewarm. The brisket sandwich I ordered was haphazardly slapped together and overcooked to the point it was dry to the taste. My wife's burger was also overcooked. Service was slow, something we're not used to at Puckets.
- Great service - awesome foodpeasandcarrotsDined on 7/16/2014We were a group of 8 meeting in downtown before friends attended the KISS concert - we knew downtown would be busy so we're so glad that Puckett's takes reservations. Our server CHARLY did a great job despite the restaurant being very, very busy. The food was delicious and innovative. I loved the grilled cheese sandwich with fried green tomatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Pucketts was a recommended stop on our travels home to Chicago from Florida with a stop in Nashville. Had a reservation and arrived early. Sat us at a small table and we requested a move that was honored. Great bones for an appetizer! I had the brisket taco salad and hubby had the 1/2 chicken with sweet potatoes mash and squash. Mine was very fresh and tasty (though it could use a bit more than three pieces of brisket.) His chicken was "OK." Not great, not bad. We had a very nice waiter who suggested some stops for our evening tour and he was spot on. We left prior to the music for the evening so can't comment on that. Overall a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceasdrichardsDined on 7/15/2014The food was decent. There was entertainment that night, no cover. Dinner felt a little rushed like they were trying to get us in and out in a hurry but we planned on staying for the band so we found this annoying and made us uncomfortable. Overall, ended up being an ok experience and would still recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AmyB25Dined on 7/12/2014Awesome food! Friendly server and lots of fun for our whole group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.