Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
11211 205th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 9524692995x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hyde
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville - Best Restaurants in Lakeville ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (239)romantic (117)neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (74)good for groups (59)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceScaleman1Dined on 10/22/2014Steak and wine spot south of the river . Hidden gem in.LakevilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014Servers and staff friendly and helpful. Nice to be able to have fine dining in the outskirts of the cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReflectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014We arrived on time and the reservation was acknowledged without a delay. The service was what we expected. Prompt and yet not overly intrusive. Food was served adequately and was hot and tasty. It was a special occasion and they treated it as such. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience!FoodFinderDined on 10/17/2014Early to our reservation, we were still promptly seated! Our server was pleasant and injected her personality into her service, so that is always nice. It was a nice way to celebrate a birthday--though, I'm not sure I would go back for just a random night out unless we went to the bar side. The food was very well prepared overall, though the chowder was a bit over-peppered and the bread was though it had been pulled from a fridge (why not take a minute a warm it?). The carrot cake is wonderful, even if they don't make it on-site. The ambiance is warm and inviting, the decor is a bit random. Kind of like this review! :) Overall, a good experience that didn't require a trip downtown.Special Features:
- KcandjcDined on 10/17/2014The black and blue steak is our favorite! Love the spinach SaladiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieDined on 10/17/2014Originally we were seated in the open next to a large group, but on our request the waitress and hostess moved us to a booth. The booth allowed for conversation. The waitress was knowledge about wines and the menu making several wonderful suggestions. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Reunion with FriendsSmilingTigerDined on 10/17/2014We chose Porterhouse for a special dinner with our former neighbors who remain good friends. We ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer, the combination dinner with the 9 oz fillet and scallops, and the creme brulee. The food and service were excellent. We also had a Manhattan and Martini before dinner. The drinks were OK, but seemed a little "watered" down.Special Features:
- AWESOME FOOD (not downtown!)susanDined on 10/17/2014Food was top rank - can't believe I can't a filet and lobster tail this good without driving downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressive for the pricesmilesforgoodfoodDined on 10/15/2014Our anniversary dinner opportunity had us searching for someplace new and special. We had considered Porterhouse for our groom's dinner, a few years ago, but decided on a different locale. This year's visit was going to be a special adventure, but it turned out less than good. We made a reservation, but were made to wait for 30 minutes on arrival. My wife's steak was heavily salted, and her vegetable was oily from cooking oil. My walleye was flavorless and disappointing. Several peripheral things were great, including the creme brulee, carrot cake, bread basket, wine and my frozen drink, but it was the dinner of a quality in keeping with the price we were paying which brought us to Porterhouse. We might stop in for dessert some day.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experienceguitarman12Dined on 10/15/2014Porterhouse Lakeville is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions and in my opinion is the overall top restaurant in the far southern Twin Cites area.Special Features:
- Dining ExcellenceEddoDined on 10/11/2014They do everything the right way there. Friendly and knowledgeable service. Drinks made by a professional. The meats are from the best cuts, and prepared just like one wants them. The overall experience was excellent, and consistent with our prior experiences for dining there. I hate to label it a "10", but that's what it gets as we have not had a bummer episode there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointedMaryDined on 10/10/2014We remember the food as being better then it was. Our Steaks were not cooked the way we liked them and they We're not as good as before. Our fault for not sending Them back. The waiter did a great job.
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Have never been disappointed with the food or service at Porterhouse. The staff is always friendly and attentive. The food is always excellent. Would highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceWhiteoaksladyDined on 10/10/2014Both of us had the filet (cooked perfectly for each of us) and the garden salad. I had a baked potato and my friend had the bacon-cheese-horseradish mashed potatoes, which were incredibly good and new on the menu. The wait staff was thoughtful, informative and prompt. We will be back!Special Features:
- Gotta have FaithJmacDined on 10/8/2014I've been served by a lot of people over the years but our waitress Faith was the best ever. She makes porterhouse a 5-star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. But missed on tempBhayesDined on 10/5/2014We had eaten there one other time. Loved it! This time we enjoyed the ambiance, server was great, apps good Wine flight was also wonderful. Where it lacked this visit was temp of food. Bread was cooler than room temp. Potato on wife's plate barely melted butter - room temp. Her steak was suppose to be med-well. Even said a little thin layer of pink only. But it was red/pink all the way thru. (I liked it!) but she was a little bummed. Mine was suppose to be Medium (how hers turned out) but it was RARE. center was cool and uncooked. Again I was bummed. but we were short on time and didn't want to re-cook it. We will likely go again but for a more expensive night, the food could have been better. (Again first visit we had was perfect!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodFood4funDined on 10/4/2014The service and food was the very best in every way, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerSqueakyDined on 10/4/2014Good food, chilly service. As a regular at Chianti Grill and having eaten a few times at Porterhouse I would recommend either. However, the server made us feel unwelcome with an icy demeanor. Good, friendly service is a huge part of a restaurant's total experience. Food was spot on!Special Features:
- Don't Drive Downtown!WoodyDined on 10/3/2014You don't have to drive downtown Minneapolis/St Paul to find a great restaurant. Porterhouse has better food, better service, and better prices than anyplace downtown. Their staff goes out of their way to ensure everything is perfect. I can't recommend this place enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black and bleu ribeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014This was the best steak I have had in a VERY long time. Amazing!Special Features:
- Our favorite place for steaksteakFaveDined on 10/1/2014Porterhouse is our destination for dinner to celebrate special events, as well as when we just want a really great steak.Special Features:
- HagenDined on 9/29/2014This was our first time at Porterhouse. We had a very nice dinner. Joseph, our waiter was excellent. We will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRickDined on 9/28/2014Very happy....good food, outstanding server. Group of 12 celebrating birthday party...had a great time and nice free dessert. Steaks very good and cooked excellently. Server was really good and very nice (and patient).Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceAppleValleyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food here has never been a disappointment after many years of dining here, both for business associates and family. Service is always excellent. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningBirthdayGirlDined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful evening - our first choice for any special occasion. We celebrated our first anniversary here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayTastyfoodDined on 9/26/2014Porterhouse is our go-to restaurant to celebrate birthdays and our anniversary. We enjoy the great food, predictable high quality and attentive servers. You pay for what you get, but we enjoy our little treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SashaDined on 9/22/2014I love this place! The food is always great, the service is attentive without being cloying, the ambiance is fantastic - love having a table in the bar area. And don't get me started on the chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodFanaticFoodFanaticDined on 9/21/2014This is our usual special occasion restaurant and the food didn't disappoint. The ribeye and porterhouse were the steaks of choice by most of our small group. They were prepared exactly as specified and tasted delicious. Several members of the group chose to dine on the walleye, which was also well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationroxyDined on 9/20/2014We had reservations for 4:15 p.m. on Saturday for my husband's birthday celebration; we were seated immediately; staff was friendly and professional. Great service. Excellent food! We ordered crab cakes, spinach salad, petite filet mignon and shrimp. Great drinks! Nice ambiance! My husband was given a delicious piece of cake to take home for his birthday as we were too full to eat it at the restaurant! All in all, we had a great time! We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing. I got filet migyon / lobster combo my husband got the 24 oz ribeye. We were happy with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 9/19/2014One of my favorite steak houses in the entire metro, hands down the best south of the river...and it is 10 minutes from home instead of 45 to downtown. AND it's not an ala carte menu, so you get a fantastic meal for half the price you would pay at the big name steakhouses in Minneapolis. We had the special, bone in buffalo ribeye..it was FANTASTIC!! The martinis are always delightful...especially when Andrea is behind the bar! It can get quite loud when at capacity, so if you want to have a quiet dinner, this is not the place for that. However, my s.o. and I like that everyone around can't hear our conversations, so we enjoy the atmosphere. Be sure to make reservations far in advance....they are very busy due to their delicious food!!Special Features:
- Great food!dessieDined on 9/14/2014We have never been disappointed with any of our choices at Porterhouse & always look forward to going there. We are only in town for half the year so don't get there as often as we'd like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food and drinks were fantastic. Best dinner I've had in months.Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!luvtheirfoodDined on 9/13/2014My Husband and I love this restaurant. The food is absolutely fabulous and delicious! It is very welcoming, the staff goes above and beyond. Very well organized. Very well trained employees that cater to all their customers. We dine at this restaurant for special occasions because of the higher prices. For us it is not just a pop-in stop, reservations are needed. Porterhouse is always, on any day of the week, packed with customers. The ambiance and décor are wonderful and relaxing! It is the best restaurant for us within a short distance from our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great service, great food, quiet atmosphere. We love eating here and save it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 44 years of happiness44yrsofloveDined on 9/12/2014Thank you for a lovely evening as we celebrated our 44th anniversary. The Open Table reservation online was the way to go. We arrived with no waiting for our table due to having our reservation ahead of time. Very romantic atmosphere. Our waiter was a fun with an outgoing personality. Was impressed how the entire team of waiters and hosts all worked together to make sure our water glasses were always full and empty used plates were taken away without us even knowing it was happening. As a surprise we received a desert of choice due to our anniversary celebration, all the food was delicious! A very nice experience, thanks to everyone who works at the PorterHouse, we enjoyed our time spent with you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedluvadealDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten at Porterhouse Lakeville several times. This time the potato was not as soft or tasty as usual and the "medium" porterhouse steak was not as tender as in the past--more the texture of a sirloin-- (and had a huge bone). My Caesar salad had little to no dressing and was small amount of lettuce, with very little cheese. Our waiter was not warm and friendly like we usually expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun time8094Dined on 9/11/2014great food and even better servive make a top drawer experience for any occasionSpecial Features:
- Porterhouse Restaurant LakevilleRibILoveDined on 9/11/2014We knew going in with a group of 7, it would be pricey. However, the rib eye was mouth watering delicious. Great marbling and seasoned just right. Who needed a steak knife? Maybe more of a place for bringing a client, or a couple on a special occasion rather than a big group. Service was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennyDined on 9/10/2014Fantastic best restaurant in the twin cities, bar none! Their Rib Eye is the best I've ever had, time after time, after time.Special Features: