1000 E Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vivapoquitos.com/
- Phone: 2064534216x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 11:30am-2:00am
11:30am-3:00pm Weekend Brunch
4:00pm-6:00pm Happy Hour
11:00pm-1:00am Late Night Food
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Manny Arce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our covered, four season atrium is available to be reserved for larger parties Sunday-Thursday. The area features a beautiful outdoor bar, two fireplaces, and radiant heat benches.
- Private Party Contact: Liz Elkins 2064534216x
A word from Poquitos
Poquitos offers authentic presentations of traditional Mexican cuisine while utilizing the regional benefit of high quality Northwest farms and purveyors. Over 14,000 Talavera tiles from Puebla, Mexico and a variety of Mexican artisan design pieces combine to create an environment that is unique not only to Capitol Hill but Seattle as well. Our outdoor covered patio, with radiant heat, two fireplaces, and 12-seat bar is enjoyable whether for a Sunday lunch or a Friday night cocktail. Please note: online reservations requesting patio are not guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Poquitos reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (15)hot spot (14)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)special occasion (3)romantic (2)Show More
- One of my favorite restaurantsKatieKatDined on 8/10/2014The wait staff are super friendly and funny. The food is amazing; you seriously can't go wrong with anything on the menu. My favorites are the ham and egg molletes (brunch/lunch), yam tacos (brunch, lunch or dinner), and chicken mole enchiladas (dinner). One of my favorite brunch spots. The drinks are fantastic, too. One thing I wish they'd put back on the brunch menu is their chipotle hollandaise/black bean/masa boat eggs benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different from what I expectedPhilipDined on 8/3/2014The food was interesting and tasty, but was surprised with what was not on the menu, refried beans. The service was on the slow side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poquitos does it righthungryiDined on 7/30/2014From the warm greeting from the hostess, to excellent real Mexican food and a great server it was all we have come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious!Owls93VIPDined on 7/22/2014We found Poquitos after reading several reviews that the best Mexican food is in Capital Hill. We narrowed a list down to a handful of restaurants and ultimately chose Poquitos because they make their tortillas and chips fresh, and had a menu of authentic food options and a list of creative drinks. We decided to go during happy hour so we could try different dishes in smaller bites and everything was delicious - from the taquitos to the roasted corn to the brisket tacos and jalapeño margarita and yaulita punch! (going off memory on the names here) This place will not disappoint and was a great find!Special Features:
- Great food / Exceptional serviceDinearoundSEADined on 7/15/2014I went to this restaurant with a group of friends. All of us were able to find things on the menu that we wanted and the food came out quickly - perfectly timed with the drinks and the guacamole appetizer. What stood out to us though was the exceptional service. Not only was our server, Dan (?), always available - without hovering. He also helped to explain the menu and specials and he worked with each of our dietary and allergy needs in the most gracious manner. Good food makes the restaurant ok, good service makes the restaurant great. This was a great restaurant, a great night out and we all walked away with smiles on our faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle SceneDoodleDined on 7/10/2014We were in Seattle for my nephew's wedding. I had asked him to recommend something fun and funky for a large group and he recommended Poquitos. It was great--good food, fun and funky, and our server was outstanding. Just loved it!Special Features:
- Unique TasteFreddyDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I each ordered the taco medly. Each of the 3 tacos had a wonderfully unique taste. The Purist Margharita was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time DinnerSeniorDinerVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a group of eight for dinner. This was our first time here. Food and service made us feel welcome and it was good time by all. The chicken enchiladas and fish tacos were very good plus other offerings. We recommend this establishment and will come back in the future to try the whole fish or other specialties.Special Features:
- BigredDined on 6/20/2014Great food. Great service. Great bar. Small plates though. You will need a starter of some kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodmoislandloveDined on 5/28/2014How do you botch Mexican food? It was really bad. The queso dip was almost solid, very hard to spread mound. We didn't even come close to eating it. The main course was a solid so-so. Such a shame because it is a great location with cool interiors. They really missed the boat on the food. Also the drink...I got one of the special margarita beverages, and it was certainly not as thrilling as the description lead me to believe. Definitely do not recommend this place. I hope they get their act together some day!Special Features:
- Great food, but noisyRrose111281Dined on 5/23/2014The food was great with good variety. Service was good, and they accommodated a big group well. My only complaint is it was very noisy. I felt like I had to yell across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Creative MexicanChaveyDined on 5/16/2014Very Friendly Staff, we were welcomed right away. Relaxed and Casual as well.......no Stress dining:) The food was fast, delicious, flavorful, and authentic in many ways. The priced were very reasonable and the creativity in the Kitchen is outstanding. I well return often!Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the Poquitos reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceKenaiDined on 4/24/2014A bunch of us enjoyed Dining Out for Life at Poquitos. The good was fantastic and service was quick and friendly. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Good Mexican!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2014The chicken enchiladas were not buried in too much cheese or overwelmed with sauce. The side of rice and beans weren't either. They were both hot and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little let downWishfulthinkingDined on 3/6/2014Average food, above average price. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- thanksluvmexfoodDined on 3/1/2014the hostess and assistant deserve a raise!! they juggled it all and made us very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJosephDined on 2/28/2014Try the Guacamole infused with Bacon!!! Awesome service from start to finish! Will be back!!!Special Features:
- Love it!HeeliDined on 2/28/2014I've always enjoy coming here with friends, and my co-workers and I like coming here for lunch as well! Bar is great, food is delicious, the el pastor tacos and the fish tacos are a couple of my favorite favorite meals! Guacomole and the salsa - YUM! Great drinks and delicious infused tequilas too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upPevitsaDined on 2/20/2014The food was delicious, the service excellent and the place full of energy. Kids at a couple tables near us seemed to really enjoy themselves. Ate there before going to a nearby live theater. Excellent evening.Special Features:
- Delightful, as alwaysthiswonderfulworldDined on 2/17/2014Olivar is a go to in our household. It's the perfect combination of cozy and delicious. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerDannyHDined on 2/14/2014Made reservations here for V-Day this year as my girlfriend is a Mexican food fanatic. Poquito's did not disappoint, and we were glad we made the selection we did. They even offered us complimentary tuna tostadas which I ended up indulging in as my girlfriend is a vegetarian - the offer was a pleasant surprise. Everything came out excellent, will most likely return, though we rarely make it out to Cap Hill.Special Features:
- Wow, what a good timeRaymondDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentines' Day and it was great. They were ready for us, with out reservation. Table was comfortable waiter was very responsive and attentive, in spite of the crowd, and the food was great. Surely the best carne asada I have ever had and nicely cooked to boot. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great DiningderfDined on 2/13/2014Food was outstanding. Very attentive staff. Good overall experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!FoodLoverDined on 2/9/2014Enchilada verde is simply the best! All tacos are fabulous and be sure to try the special guacamole! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poquita offers a nice tiledFrankieDined on 1/17/2014Poquita offers a nice tiled ambiance with beautiful Mexican tiles on the walks and floors and wrought iron gates decorating the restaurant. It has a festive lively mood about it. Guacamole is made fresh to order. Food is well-seasoned and well-prepared, except the enchiladas we had on this particular evening came out cold. They are served in cast iron gratin dishes and one would think it would be served sizzling hot. Overall, it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The yam tacos were surpringlyxyj32Dined on 1/14/2014The yam tacos were surpringly tasty. A good place to grab a margarita or two and some food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Cactus InsteadKernelDined on 1/5/2014The music was so loud we had to shout even though five of us were crammed into a too-small booth, despite the fact that the dining room was empty when we arrived and larger tables were available. As for the food - they must think very highly indeed of their mediocre Mexican faire. By mid-meal my wife and I both wished we had gone to Cactus or Tango instead. Or even Tacos Guaymas.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/2/2014Great food, great location, great service!!! Have been to this place several times.... Just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeGuyDudersonDined on 12/31/2013Been there twice. The food was good the first time and just okay the second time. Cool ambiance and awesome tequila and mezcal selection. I'll be back, but I won't be ordering the Vegan Mole again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect eveningJeffDined on 12/31/2013I love the chicken mole enchiladas. So I convinced my vegetarian friend to get the mole vegetarian option, and it's the first thing I've ever had at Poquitos that nobody at the table liked. Totally different mole than what's on the enchiladas, but the menu doesn't tell you that. However, the staff happily exchanged the dish for another without any tuggle. Drinks are fantastic. Bring a flashlight or make sure your smartphone has a flashlight handy, as it's too dark to read the menu without one. Aside from these minor problems, we love this place and will go back. The Sunday brunch is our favorite on Capitol Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time and great good!!CynthiaDined on 12/23/2013I had made reservations and got stuck in traffic. I called to let them know and they were very polite and accommodating. We did make it to dinner after the show and brought 5 friends. The staff couldn't have been nicer and the food was great!!! Beautiful place and everyone had a wonderful time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Our waiter was seriously awesome, he was very attentive friendly and funny! We loved the ambiance and the lighting, it was a very personable setting. Drinks were delicious and the food was even better- I just loved this place. I will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODjmg98118VIPDined on 12/20/2013We had the special guacamole which was very good and the steak which was enough for two, and the flavor was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great Authentic Mexican FoodwestvanclanVIPDined on 12/14/2013The best Mexican food ever! The tortillas are made in plain view of the diners. The Chili Relleno is the best I have ever had! Be sure to make reservations. Well worth a visit for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Nice Mexican cuisine and barBRolDined on 12/14/2013Say in the atrium which had concrete benches that were warmed which was nice. The mole sauce could have been spicier. Great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food... must try.RinaVIPDined on 12/8/2013Very good food; affordable, prompt and friendly staff. The tacos as very tasty. The bloody Maria is fantastic! Nice place for brunch!
- Poquitos' patio dining!MGoelVIPDined on 12/1/2013Poquitos offers good food and a nice dining experience. The only downside is that they do not allow minors in the enclosed patio area which also happens to be where their bar is located. However, it seems like they could make an exception for Sunday brunch when there aren't many people there. In fact, the restaurant was mostly empty on Sunday when we went there for brunch (right after Thanksgiving). We went there specifically to enjoy the enclosed patio and fire pits. Regardless, the chicken tortilla soup was hearty and filling and the chips and salsa were fresh and delicious. We will likely go back again....probably without a kid so, we can sit in the enclosed patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poquitos' patio dining!MGoelVIPDined on 11/24/2013We really enjoyed Poquitos. The serving sizes were reasonable and the food did not consist of huge volumes of greasy, heavy entrees that you typically see at Mexican dining establishments. I had the 3 taco platter (chicken, beef and pork) and it was light and there wasn't too much food. Also, the enclosed patio is lovely. I highly recommend this place for a nice Sunday brunch. It's family-friendly, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos!shirleydinerDined on 11/22/2013The braised beef tacos and margaritas were great. We had amazing service and had a great experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our visit to PoquitosmsdaniceDined on 11/11/2013It was our visit to Poquitos and we're already looking forward to coming back. Great food and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.