Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
800 W. Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzeriamozza.com/
- Phone: 9499451126x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am-2pm & 5:00pm-10pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room in Pizzeria Mozza features a rustic Italian wine cellar and can accommodate up to 18 guests. The menu features a wide array of Pizzeria Mozza's most popular offerings served family style including Antipasti, Carne, Bruschette, Insalate, Pizza & Dolci.
- Private Party Contact: Lan Ngo 9496129581x
A word from Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach is a bustling, urban burst of flavor and color. Pizzeria Mozza Newport Beach is the perfect atmosphere - whether it be a business lunch or late night snack. The wine bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of Italian wines salumi and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (47)great for lunch (46)hot spot (38)special occasion (35)good for groups (33)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (20)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (14)great for brunch (12)Show More
- Music didn't fit!SnobbyFoodieDined on 10/16/2014Food was fantastic; however the music was a little too loud & didn't fit the restaurant. They had AC DC playing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiliDined on 10/16/2014Great special low key lunch dor friends birthday. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Maybe third time's a charm?DicosDined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant in three months. The first timeout we had wonderful service and I had arguably the best roasted chicken (Chicken Diablo) I had ever eaten. Naturally, my husband I ordered it for our main course this time. Unfortuantely, the chicken was dry and not as tasty. The garlic bread (you have to pay $4 for bread) was dry and tasteless except the middle piece which was inexplicably saturated. Our salad was just so-so. The worst part was the service. The waiters are nice but as they explained, they all help out at all the tables. We had 4 waiters approach us to take our initial drink orders but no one came more than a half hour after we were done to check to see if we wanted anything else.Special Features:
- Good foodpwdoesnotworkDined on 10/10/2014Good food but slightly too rich. I would like it more if they use less oil in the pizza crust. The oil masks how good the crust really is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzeria MozzaWineanddinedocDined on 10/9/2014Pizzeria Mozza is the real deal. Authentic pizza made from the best ingredients with great appetizers and desserts and impeccable service. They serve til 11 pm which is rare in Newport.Special Features:
- DoniveeDoniveedinesDined on 10/5/2014In spite of Mozza being scarcely populated at one o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, the service was terrible. Both pizzas arrived barely lukewarm and except for the first appetizer (fried potatoes and deci beans - delicious) it took forever. They reheated the pizza. It took an extremely long time to get one butterscotch budino (like they make this at the last minute?). We accumulated a bill of $168 and were comped one espresso for our inconvenience. I can see why this outpost of Mozza is being shunned. This would not happen at the Los Angeles venue.
- comentsPberkmaDined on 9/30/2014Wobbly table couldn't fix it bathroom very dirty , food was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food, Poor ServiceCOCriticDined on 9/26/2014Pros: Prompt seating, delightful manager, great bus service. Great food with really fresh ingredients. Great use of the seasonal squash. Cons: Terrible server. He never greeted us, so we had to grab our own menus. He did not offer us a drink menu until we asked. He never took our food order (the manager did). He spilled the water carafe on our table, which soaked my fiancée's dress, and he broke the wine carafe in the process. He did not apologize for the incident. He provided us fresh plates but no new napkins. He lied about putting in an order; we called him on that, and he admitted he forgot. Our server was either having an off night, or he probably didn't think we were going to spend any $$$ so he didn't pay attention to us.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousDebbieDined on 9/26/2014I love the food here so much. The service is very attentive, to the point that I feel guilty for multiple refills of my water glass. Thank you for another wonderful dining expereince. I'll be back for the Caprese salad, Funghi misti pizza, and butterscotch budino. Thank you!Special Features:
- bland design and mediocre foodNG55Dined on 9/21/2014Mozza , with its heavy maroon color palette, fees like a syndicated steak house. The food was no better, with only the salad worthy of a good restaurant. Very disappointing as my first exerience at the creation of a celebrity chief.NGSpecial Features:
- DeliciousNeighborhood4DiningDined on 9/20/2014Delicious pizza. Quite loud and cramped though. Again, the noise factor would not have been an issue so much if we had sat on the patio, which we had requested. Still, quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go go to mozzafood4funDined on 9/14/2014Our third trip to Mozza after going to the LA spot twice. The food is just so unique and inventive. Pizza has never been considered fine dining but it is in my book now!Special Features:
- AnonymousOCDined on 9/13/2014I have been going to Pizza Mozza in Newport and LA. In Newport, pizza is so so. And, the service is worse especially in our last visit. I had to get my kids the breadsticks that we had ask the server to get twice. I had to ask multiple times for refills. I still like the place. But, definitely, last visit was the worse experience. However, I never had a bad experience in Pizza Mozza LA. It was always pleasant. Maybe, we make the extra trip to go to LA.
- jimparkJimboDined on 9/12/2014Food quality was consistent, except for the caprese. Table next to us had larger serving in comparison. The server couldn't explain why..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hotrpssDined on 9/12/2014A/C was not operating on hottest day of summer. Very high noise level. Service was satisfactory, but not cordial or welcoming. Hostess welcome was non existent. Server gave very brief descriptions of various plates. Delicious pizzas and salads. Complimentary Birthday dessert was a tablespoon of "gelato"( vanilla ice cream) in comparison to 2 complimentary desserts selected from the menu at Red O the following evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodCalidinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Trendy place, excellent desert, exceptional service! I went back loads of times and still will ً. ع the food though i think could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulLisaV61Dined on 9/6/2014Pizzeria Mozza never disappoints! Food is always consistent and delicious. I will say my only complaint is we were unlucky to be seated at the same table as last time a corner table for two near the bar and always without fail staff members constantly bump into my chair! It's a very tight layout so be prepared to sit close to your nieghbors ! The wine list is always good! The butterscotch pudding w/ salted caramel to die for yummy! The meatballs outstanding and the hit of the night the special burrata plate with leaks! At $25.00 a order didnot dissapoint!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST PIZZACruise2eatVIPDined on 9/5/2014Hands down, Pizzeria Mozza makes the best pizza. Order it extra crisp and it is absolutely delicious. Love the arugula salad and tricolor salads. Actually everything is just yummy. I seldom eat pizza but Mozza is one I crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaLoverDined on 9/5/2014The food is fabulous! My favorite is the mushroom pizza. The appetizers have all been delicious and the salads are great. My only complaint is the music level. It is much TOO LOUD!!!! Every time we go there, we ask that it be turned down. It NEVER is. It's hard to hold a conversation without shouting. This last time we were there, we asked twice that the music be turned down. We're still waiting.Special Features:
- Amazing food but bad serviceAmtrakDined on 9/4/2014I have dined here half a dozen times over the last several years. It is a restaurant I visit each to!e I come to this area. The food has is always outstanding and my guests enjoy the experience but this recent visit was different. We waited 20 minutes for a menu then an additional 10 to place a drink order. We had to ask if a waiter was coming over before some arrive and that was a mistake because the service only got worse the rest of the night. I felt like their must of been a hidden camera. I handed over my card without seeing the check when we caught the waiter. My friends comment I am use to bad service growing up in England. I don't see myself returning. Despite the amazing food I have never had service so bad and slow.Special Features:
- Great mushroom pizza!Hc777VIPDined on 8/31/2014We love their mushroom pizza (don't add salt) and the arugula salad so much we had it two days in a row! Make a res or it's hard to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Choice!!!!ClaudiaVIPDined on 8/30/2014It was my first time at Mozza´s pizzeria,unfortunately was a bad experience!!! The restaurant has the worst music lounge ever!!! How people can eat with a Led Zeppelin sound???? The service is very bad,too slow,difficult everything.There only one thing was the best: The pizza!!! Was delicious,very tasty..... but I´ll never will be back and I´ll never recommend for someone!!!
- Best pizza everRupertDined on 8/30/2014The Margarita Pizza was outstanding. Crust was crisp but not tough and was flavorable. Sauce was something you could have a bowl of..... Much Much better than the opening a year or so ago. Oven must have aged to the right level???Special Features:
- The best pizzaGourmetdinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Love the little patio but lots of sirens going by the night we were there. Pizza fabulous, love the meatballs and squash blossoms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, subpar serviceJoeyBettsDined on 8/28/2014Ordered the octopus, it was amazing. Our waiter seemed more interested in talking with his coworkers than checking in on us while eating, then we waited another 15 minutes to get our check. Would have been a little more rattled if the food hadn't been so deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diners at NB MozzaDDdinerDined on 8/28/2014Met friends for dinner & the food was decent but I think we expected it to be better. Service was good during the ordering process & remained pretty good until the food came when it seemed like they disappeared. Our opinion is an overpriced pizza joint. Caprese salad was disappointing with the fresh (read: mushy) mozzarella & a blob of olive oil. Kale salad was pretty good but didn't quite get the order correct & was difficult to track them down so we ate it anyway. Patio can be noisy especially with car alarms so perhaps inside is a better choice & you won't have to inhale the smoke from the cigarettes outside. Overall it was a satisfactory experience and perhaps some people will love it, we just weren't crazy about it.Special Features:
- Needs Improvement!disappointmentDined on 8/22/2014The waiter / kitchen lost our dinner order & we sat there unattended for over 20 minutes. The quality of the food we finally received was not up to the price. An all-around poor dining experience and we won't be back!Special Features:
- Our 'weekly' lunchpdoremusVIPDined on 8/21/2014We do our darnedest to get into our local 'Mozza' at least once a week. We're as predictable as each days' morning sunrise. Nancy's Chopped Salad (delicious and enough for four) and then a 'heated' discussion as to the Pizza. If I win, it's the incredible Fennel Sausage - and or, if she prevails… the amazing 'DiNapoli Margherita'' (a classic Pizza Margherita on delicious steroids!) with stunningly generous dollops of out-of-this-world 'Mozzarella di Bufala'. Wines (by the generous Glass - or the bottle) are exquisite - and the service a perfect combination of attentive and professional sans any pretension. I have to ask myself, what did we do for Pizza before they opened locally and saved us the travel and expense of driving into LA?Special Features:
- Best in NewportAlExVIPDined on 8/21/2014Pizzeria Mozza is the best restaurant to eat at in Newport Beach. All the pizzas are excellent. Even if you're not a pizza person the salads, smaller plates and desserts are great. The price may seem high for pizza but for the quality and flavor of the dough and what they put on top it's undeniably worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place in NewportjohnkDined on 8/17/2014I've been to Mozza in LA, which is usually always packed and crowded, glad to be able to make a reservation. Everything went smoothly, food was great, they have a full bar, atmosphere was good, nice people watching. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DvineDvineDined on 8/17/2014Very consistent - quality always outstanding!! I've been dining at Mozza since they first opened in Los Angeles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014The pizza with tomatoes, oregano and olive oil is the best - no cheese and delicious! The arugula salad with thinly slices mushrooms is wonderful too! Great wine selections. The service was terrible. The waiter was rude and impatient. If the food wasn't so good, I wouldn't go back based on the waiter alone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant pizza805ersDined on 8/16/2014Is elegant delicious pizza possible? We think yes after enjoying the fungi pizza and salad at Pizza Mozza (Newport). Also enjoyed the lasagna, meaty and filling, yet light. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaRealtorCamille7VIPDined on 8/13/2014Every employee at Pizzaria Mozza is well trained and do a great job! This is a lively and friendly restaurant! Reservations are a must! We sat at the bar and enjoyed watching the pizza's baking in the wood fired oven! Each employee behind the bar knows exactly what to do. MJ made our leek, scallion, garlic, goat cheese and bacon pizza. It was delicious. We also ordered the fried zucchini flowers stuffed with cheese. Really good. I think they would be better with marinara sauce to dip them in! We had their Rose which was crisp and light. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Love this place!ReliableReviewDined on 8/12/2014I made a lunch reservation for my mother and her close friends this past week, and because I couldn't go myself (I had a bad cold), I called ahead to put all of the charges on my credit card. Everything that I requested was exactly as I had asked and absolutely perfect - so well-executed by the general manager, Doug. He was so very helpful, and my mother and her friends ended up at the restaurant for almost 3 hours and had one of the best lunches of their lives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have dined at Mozza quite a few times. Our experience this time was poor. The table at which we were seated was located on the eastern wall where the tables are much too close together. There is no privacy and the tables are too small. Restaurant was sold out of the item we wanted. If we ever go back again it would be for a late lunch.
- Great Noght OuttingSia123Dined on 8/9/2014Went for dinner with my mom and boyfriend. The food was great especially pizza. It was very busy yet service was prompt and noise level was lively not uncomfortable. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service noSpankyaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Servers were inattentive and slow. Food was fine. Took too long to order and bar was way too slow.Special Features:
- Mozza Newport never disappointspdoremusVIPDined on 8/8/2014As ardent fans of Ms. Silverton from day one (dating back well into the last century at Michaels in Santa Monica!), we were instant regulars at the excellent Mozza Pizzeria and Osteria (in LA). Weekending in Newport, we longed for a 'local post' and have, since its opening here in Newport Beach - Mozza has become a 'constant' in ours' (as well as our likeminded, culinary minded friends) lives. Whether it's a lunch or dinner for two, or hosting a party of eight - dining at Mozza is always, ALWAYS a great pleasure. The food, of course, continues to excite - as does beautifully cultivated Wine List. The service is perfect in its casual, unpretentious, but professional manner. Especially under GM Doug Zamensky's exacting guidance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tad expensive for the experiencekafoodieDined on 8/8/2014Went with a group of 4 for lunch and it was $140. We aren't too concerned about price most days, but for what we ordered, it seemed a little steep for the quality. Four people ordered - 4 sodas (2 of us had water, but the sodas are tiny 8 oz for $4 a piece), padron peppers app, burrata app, Nancy's chopped salad and 3 pizzas (one salame and 2 of the special mozzarella di bufala). The guys got the special pizza and were both disappointed as the cheese was big globs and was not melted...our mistake. The salame that I ordered was "okay"; however, I would much rather order a $6 happy hour pizza at Il Fornaio to be honest. The best part was the burrata with garlic bread and the attentiveness of the wait staff. My water was always full!