641 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily from Noon to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pizzeria Mozza
Pizzeria Mozza is a bustling, urban burst of flavor and color. Open noon to midnight, seven days a week, Pizzeria Mozza is the perfect atmosphere - whether it be a business lunch or late night snack. The wine bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines at $50 and under, but don't forget about the ample offering of antipasti, salumi and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Pizzeria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Pizzeria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
393 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (260)hot spot (163)neighborhood gem (143)great for lunch (142)special occasion (89)notable wine list (72)good for groups (69)kid-friendly (47)late-night find (38)vibrant bar scene (38)great for brunch (33)romantic (20)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- An absolute gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Mozza Pizzeria has become my new favorite restaurant to take LA newcomers. I could probably dine here five nights a week and never get tired of it. Only problem is deciding what to choose. Disneyland for taste buds! And quite reasonably priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent , but the noiseceh2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was terrific as was the service but be warned. The tables are so close together that it is really communal dining and the noise is deafening. And don't be shocked by the $10 valet charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of LA's Bestdnb11Dined on 8/28/2014Consistantly great. Never had a dish here that wasn't first-rate. Fun destination for both romance and families. Haven't tried their take-out place yet but looking forward to doing so. Tough to get a reservation for prime time. Book well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Terrific food. Very trendy. Tables a little too close togetherSpecial Features:
- YanaDined on 8/27/2014Simple but nice. I really enjoyed my lunch at pizzeria Mozza! Highly recommend cauiliflowers, and pumpkin blossom pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every single time impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Pizzeria Mozza is the most reliable, consistent, awe inspiring restaurant in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AussieeaterAussieeaterDined on 8/26/2014Love this place. Took the misses there for our 35th, sat at the bar (which we requested as this is our favorite spot to sit) and watched them make the most delicious pizzas in town. Asked for a light dry red and they recommended an excellent drop that was at a very reasonable price. Cauliflower Fritti and Crispy duck leg as appetizers - both delicious. Tricolor Salad followed - not as good as previous times -wrong time of year for ingredients perhaps. Then the speck and believe it or not pineapple - very thinly sliced - pizza. Memories of the old country. Chocolate tartuffo for dessert.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingrsbondDined on 8/26/2014From the first day Pizzeria Mozza opened, year after year the restaurant continues to offer some of the best food and service in Los Angeles which is saying a lot. Everything is near perfect if you can handle the noisy chatter. The Butterscotch Budino is the best dessert in the City. It is worth the trip just for dessert.Special Features:
- Salad is Terrible; Dessert GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014I ordered the chopped salad. It was so filled with radiccio that it was completely inedible. The bitterness was overwhelming, and while there were supposed to be other incredients in the salad (beans, peppercinis, tomatoes, etc) there were so few it was absurd. When they came to take away my salad, they even failed to notice I had barely touched it and did not ask if it had tasted okay. One of the other people with me felt the same about her salad as well, and also was not asked when the wait staff cleared an almost full plate from in front of her. Ridiculous for a $16 salad: it should be good and if the patron clearly didn't eat it, a good restaurant that cared would ask why. The butterscotch pudding, however, was amazing.
- somewhat disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014The appetizers and salad were excellent. The Pizza was disappointing. The prosciutto on the pizza was overwhelming resulting in a totally unbalanced pizza.
- foodyfunDined on 8/24/2014Delicious, loved the variety of pizzas. Good wine as well. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrMMVIPDined on 8/23/2014Just OK food, not worth going anymore - bad attitude and rushed impersonal service
- For unorganized large groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014It was my birthday dinner, I had a large group and the restaurant wasn't able to seat 14 people. So I tried to cheat the system by reserving 2 reservations 15 minutes apart. Everyone was running late and they wouldn't seat us until the whole party arrived which is understandable. We decided to have drinks at the bar while we waited but the bar was more suited for dinning. So we were drinking wine and standing in the way of the staff. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating except for the lady at the front. She appear angry at us but perhaps she was having a bad night. No complaints for the food, the pizza was delicious and I enjoyed the wine. For an unorganized and loud group the restaurant did good.Special Features:
- A delightful dinnerNancyVIPDined on 8/21/2014The waitstaff was helpful, the pizza was amazing, the salad crisp and fresh, and dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better the second time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Loved it. Took our very helpful waiter's recommendations, and every single thing that came out of the kitchen was perfect. We took a group of visitors from the UK, they couldn't stop raving about the food. The burrata appetizer was heavenly, especially accompanied by that garlic bread (oh my).. The pizzas were perfect. I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but it was fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and CrowdedMisterEatsDined on 8/19/2014I had to choose "Energetic" on the Noise level because ear drum-splitting was not an option. Easily the loudest, most crowded dining experience in my life. Good enough pizza but...it's just pizza for cryin' out loud!Special Features:
- Great food!Toni310Dined on 8/18/2014The meat-lovers pizza was amazing. The fennelseed sausage melt in your mouth. I highly recommend the banana gelato pie! We cleaned the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffMidtwnerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Snooty and so loud even the servers can't hear you. Appetizers great but they then brought wrong pizzas and we couldn't find server to change it. After 10 minutes just ate wrong order and the pepperoni was so spicy I couldn't eat it. Fennel sausage was good. Service stinks and people were very rude. Overpriced for what it is - paying for hype it doesn't deserve
- Awesome FoodfoodieonabudgetVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was my second time there and I hadn't been there for 3 years. It was as good as the first time. The only thing I would suggest is go with a larger party so you can sample more of the good eats. It was just me and my boyfriend and I wanted to try so many things.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, favorite was the squash blossom pizza, followed by the caprese salad. We will definitely come back sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!Vk91356Dined on 8/17/2014Love the pizza, love the crust. And watching the expert pizza team at the bar is one of my favorite food things to do.Special Features:
- Way too loud!formerlawomanDined on 8/17/2014Food was good, the service was adequate but the noise level was very high. Fun place but not great for conversation.
- Love all the pizza!iluvfoodDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time going to Pizzeria Mozza and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time. I think it's definitely better going with a group of people so we can try several different pizzas, which is what we did. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back from Denver!MsJoCookVIPDined on 8/16/2014We come here with the kids every time in town - the waitress even remembered us from 5 months ago (I think that is good?)!!! We just love the food and people - can be grown up, while pleasing the kids.Special Features:
- Noisy but funwissyVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was great, but some dishes are oddly plated with no serving implements so people can share, like the spicy wax beans stuck spikily in a too-small bowl. Also, there are a lot of rules that seem totally arbitrary and not for the guest's convenience. I was told when I called to ask about corkage only that it was $30 a bottle, but not that there was a 2 bottle minimum. If you buy what must then be a third bottle off their list, they then remove one of the $30 fees. Service was attentive with lots of water-pouring which was needed since so many dishes had very salty ingredients! Our large party was the quietest one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's Mozza!! gotta love it!paulaVIPDined on 8/14/2014been here so many times. pizza still the best in the city. crowded lunch hour so service was a little off but still good. wasn't crazy about cauliflower.. meatballs were insanely good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fabulous!PickyFoodieLADined on 8/12/2014We were celebrating a birthday and a going away party and couldn't have picked a better spot. We had only previously been to the Osteria next door, but found this menu to be super diverse, accessible and delicious. Our waiter, Adam, was friendly and the bus boys were out of this world fantastic! They brought us everything we needed before we could ask. Truly a remarkable dinner-can't say enough good things. I will note, however, that the restaurant is SUPER loud! Still worth it for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another level of pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014We live in CO but go to LA a few times a year. We always go here. We love to sit at the bar with the bartender, Nick. He always hooks us up with the most perfect wine for us and steers us in the perfect direction for the best seasonal dishes. This time we had the shrimp and melon appetizer which sounded pretty weird, but was so incredible!! A true taste treat! And then the BEST PIZZA EVER... so much that it should have different name. I could just eat the crust, so crispy yet soft and sweet but savory...whoa! We got the prosciutto with FRESH tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and arugula. The fresh tomato flavor exploded in my mouth...SO SO delicious! Love this place, always packed. Food is always consistently perfect!!Special Features:
- Rushed outCitizenMeiVIPDined on 8/11/2014We arrived 10 min late & my friend, who was meeting us, was parking. Hostess said we'd lose our table if the last person didn't show in 5 min & she wasn't nice about it. We eventually sat & ordered the margherita pizza, the bacon & salami pizza (w/fennel sausage, guanciale, tomato & mozzarella pizza) and the shrimp & melon antipasti. Antipasti was decent, slightly spicy with juicy melons, but small for 3 people to share. Margherita pizza had BARELY any cheese and sauce with like 6 basil leaves. Bacon pizza was salty & VERY oily. After paying the bill, they took away our water bottle, and not long later, took away our water glasses. We were still chatting! We sat for 2 hours total & they were rushing us out when there were other tables open.
- Pizza!! And great service!!TomasVIPDined on 8/11/2014Our custom made pizza was outstanding as always. Nicolas our bartender/server was so great and genuine. What a nice guy, we have a great time every time we come in.Special Features:
- Service doesn't match FoodFoodMavenDined on 8/11/2014Admittedly we had lunch at 2:30pm on a Monday where you typically don't expect the "A" team. Five minutes after arriving our waiter brought us menus and asked if we were ready to order ? We ordered Prosecco and accommodated his request by ordering squash blossoms, cauliflower to start followed by a pizza. We never saw this waiter again. We received cauliflower shortly followed by Pizza - no squash blossoms. When we told our runner and cancelled the squash blossoms no one acknowledged anything was amiss. Strange. We explored desssert and I asked a new waiter about dessert menu settling on the gelato. A few minutes later they arrive with Gelato AND one other dessert which we returned. No acknowledgement again. Very poor service.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014This has become one of my favorite places to dine anytime I'm in LA.Special Features:
- A must when you are in LACindy8000VIPDined on 8/10/2014I wouldn't dream of going to LA without going to Pizzarria Mozza. The pizza is to die for! The meatballs are outstanding the wine list has great Italian gems And , now that they take reservations on OpenTable, it's so much easier to get a table. I love MozzaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerSandyGDined on 8/10/2014I've been wanting to try this place for years. The pizzas lived up to expectations. We had the Bianca, the meat lovers and the mushroom. Had the butter scotch budino and it was perfect! The pistachio and butter pecan gelatos were worth the price. The space in the restaurant is very tight. I did get the feeling they wanted us to eat and get outta dodge. The bone marrow didn't live up to expectation either. We went for an early dinner. By the time we were done, there was a line of people waiting outside. I suppose I wouldn't want to leave either after committing to the $10 valet charge. I'd definitely go back to try different pizzas!Special Features:
- Vibrant with Great PizzaAlexDined on 8/10/2014In this buzzing, busy pizza place nestled into downtown LA, I had the best pizza of my life. Service was a bit slow (but very friendly!) and the pizza made it all worth it. The marinara is amazing, so don't miss it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Pizzeria Mozza was great, they make the best pizza I have had so far, loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014WHEEEEEE!!! Delicioso!! Been wanting to try this place for sometime and it was worth the wait. Excellent food and wine!! The only complaint I would have is that the acoustics are terrible. I could not hear a thing from the people in my party. Oh well....that might not have been a bad thing...ha ha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a single WowPhysicsRodDined on 8/9/2014Ordered 4 apps, a salad, the Parma and buffalo, and a pizza. Everything was ok but not one Wow dish in the bunch. Recently went to Bestia and every dish was a Wow. I would spend my future food dollars elsewhere, definately not a repeat.
- Great night for out of town friendsNeotenyDined on 8/8/2014I've had several meals at both the Osteria and Pizzeria and this was among the best. Appetizers were amazing, our pizzas were even better. Several bottles of wine and the tab was still reasonable. Two of my out of town guests ran twenty minutes late so we had to wait for the next slot and the hostess was happy to seat us in a more private area after a short wait. Extra bonus besides this more private venue for dining, my out of town friends got a true hollywood experience when a music power couple were seated right next us. Staff and customers were very respectful of their privacy and the whole night was wonderful.Special Features:
- Still one of the bestWenniwayDined on 8/8/2014Fickle is the urban diner. They flit from one hot restaurant to the next, their attention spans that of a gnat. It's the restaurant that must prevail, and Pizza Mozza does that. Still the best gourmet pizza in LA, its small dishes continue to excite. Once trendy, pizza Mozza was always a great restaurant that would outlive fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.