4141 N. Mulberry Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64116Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piroposkc.com/
- Phone: 8167413600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jesus Almos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customers can custom select a group or party menu from a wide variety of excellent fresh appetizers, entrees and desserts. The restaurant staff will go out of their way to make sure that customers receive a quality dining experience that is within their specified price range.
- Private Party Facilities: A wide variety of private dining rooms are open for special events, business groups, weddings and other groups.
- Private Party Contact: Jamison Giro 816-741-3600x
- Entertainment: Piropos offers live piano music Friday in our Piano Bar.
- Special Events: Piropos now offers Happy Hour Monday thru Friday, 4:30 to 6:30pm with drink and appetizer discounts.
A word from Piropos Restaurant
The taste of Argentina is very American Midwestern. The foods of its capital city, Buenos Aires, are steaks, grilled meats, seafood, fresh salads and vegetables. Argentineans enjoy dining in a generally relaxed atmosphere where conversation and gracious dining go hand-in-hand. Piropos Restaurant, on the hill in Briarcliff Village, offers a unique view, warm atmosphere and fresh foods prepared in the Argentinean style. ***PLEASE NOTE: WHEN MAKING RESERVATIONS PIROPOS CANNOT RESERVE WINDOW TABLES. THEY MAY BE REQUESTED UPON ARRIVAL, BUT CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. Thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Piropos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Piropos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)scenic view (98)romantic (87)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- diner5263VIPDined on 9/15/2014I was at Piropos with a foodie friend in from San Francisco, whom I wanted to introduce to the restaurant (a favorite of mine). Alas, it turned out to be a poor experience for my friend, whose seafood choice she could not eat because of its saltiness. She probably should have simply returned the dish immediately -- explaining the problem -- but she struggled with it for awhile, then in the end ask Piropos to knock half off the price of the entree (which was done). The meal turned out, obviously, not to be a success due to her ongoing complaints to me about the salt. She did enjoy her two "Kettle" martinis, however, the second one consumed with the meal. And I, too, had an excellent martini (just one before dinner) made with Bombay Sapphire.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DestinationfoodieItalianoDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated a birthday with fabulous food and a wonderful view!Special Features:
- Perfect serviceNotez2plzDined on 9/12/2014Finally a true professional wait staff and fine dining complete experience. We were on a special occasion and not rushed yet not ignored. Gina our server (and the support staff) knows what she is doing. I am very picky at restaurants and did not have one complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and great food!AliCortesDined on 9/4/2014Gina is the best server ever and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionguidogdhDined on 8/30/2014We had an outstanding meal. The service was outstanding. The food was wonderful. The seating was romantic but without the wonderful view. This was the first visit where we could not get a window seat without waiting two hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough service...NomNominusDined on 8/30/2014... and hands down the most disappointing gin and tonic I've EVER had. Our meals were very good, though my wife was disappointed with everything she had, just not what we remember from our past experiences with Piropos. We'd still recommend it, but there's just too many places in Kansas City with innovative menu's and consistent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...GBrunoDined on 8/30/2014The service was outstanding, the food very good however I feel it is overpriced. There were coffee stained sugar packets, a cracked window in need of repair; the building needs some attention to maintenance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyRockyDined on 8/29/2014Excellent in every respect! Truly an outstanding dining experience!exSpecial Features:
- BBBLBBBLDined on 8/28/2014The food is consistently outstanding. Waiters are knowledgable on the extensive wine selection. We enjoyed a delicious Argentinian Cabernet made with an Italian influence that was excellent and affordable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My date had never been before; she loved it. There's a reason why it is my favorite restaurant- great food, great winelist, great atmosphere & great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "Hitch" MoveMillsDined on 8/19/2014This restaurant is exceptional. My waiter, and the manager, Fred, was courteous, friendly, attentive, and was around whenever we needed him. His recommendations were spot on for our palettes and the young lady I brought with me was blown away. It was perfect! She left with high spirits--and that's all I wanted. The view of downtown Kansas City is stunning and the ambiance complements the classy vibe of the establishment. As far as customer service is concerned, it was top notch. I actually forgot my hat at the restaurant and Fred called my cell phone and is holding it for me. This kind of service and quality is what will keep this restaurant around for decades. I'll be back!!!! Cheers!Special Features:
- First timeMattDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time visting Pirops. The food was wonderful. She had the filet and I had the rib eye. What a wonderful atmosphere and view. Prices were very good I thought for the service and food. Will go again!Special Features:
- Dinner at PiroposenjoysfoodDined on 8/16/2014We loved our dinner experience celebrating my husband's birthday by dining at Piropos! The food was excellent, could not have been better. We highly recommend the filet with the brandy cream sauce and the seafood platter, they were both delicious!!The waiter was friendly and made great recommendations. Only small note of criticism is there was a long time between course servings, so if a on a time table not the place to got. However we had a great view of the downtown KC skyline and we were not in a rush so did not mind.Special Features:
- jacomojoeDined on 8/16/2014Very beautiful restaurant & great staff. We never felt rushed and had great service!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTboneDined on 8/16/2014First time at Piropos as we celebrated our Anniversary .... Service was very good ... our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. The 8oz. Peppercorn-Encrusted Filet in a Brandy Cream Sauce was served with way too much sauce ... The lobster risotto was overcooked. My wife's Mixed Grill of the Daily Seafood Selection, Shrimp & Scallops was awesome! Our waiter offered desert at no charge in consideration for the overcooked lobster risotto, which we appreciated and accepted.Special Features:
- Authentic ArgentinianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service! It was nice to eat in a restaurant that is not a chain. I will definitely come back here again and again.Special Features:
- Great Place for Special OcassionsSpecialDatesDined on 8/15/2014We like to come here to celebrate special events. They never fail to give us an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceChuckDined on 8/12/2014Usually one of the better places in town to eat. But this was clearly an off night. Steak was overdone and peppercorn sauce congealed by the time it was served. Risotto was cold and clumpy. Service and ambience solid as usual, but whole experience disappointing given good issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as impressed as expectedKCFoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food was lovely! But I made reservations in advance and they have a little 'reservation spot' and the table was very tiny for 2 people. Barely had space for our food and drinks. They had to bring out a smaller 'side table' to help (which was really not helpful). And we were sitting right by the stairs, so there was no privacy at all. Not the best spot, but definitely amazing food and the dessert was to die for. I would go back for just the Crab Bisque and Layered Mousse cake! Next time i'll ask for a better spot.Special Features:
- Exquisite Dining Experience!KandLDined on 8/3/2014Both the food and the ambiance are excellent. But the service we received from Molly was even beyond expectations...very warm, professional, and knowledgeable! This is one of our favorite spots in Kansas City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinneropdinerDined on 8/2/2014Four of us dined here for the first time. We made a reservation in advance. We didn't have to wait to be seated. Our server, Molly, was excellent! She was very knowledgeable about all the food and drinks on the menu. We all had different entrees (meat, fish and chicken) and were all very happy with our meals. The banana cream cake was delicious, too. We plan on returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingSenatorSquirrelVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fred, our server, was fantastic. From the wine to appetizers, all the way through dessert, feed gave us fantastic suggestions. My filet au poivre was fork tender. The baked Brie with the apricot preserved will be something I routinely crave. And the dessert... A slice of heaven with a thick dark choc bottom, a layer of choc mousse, topped with a fluffy white chocolate layer.... We had to pause and soak it all in. One if the most delicious, attentive, and romantic restaurants we have been to!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No need to rushCleverNicknameDined on 8/1/2014I felt that we were being rushed to order from nearly the moment we sat down. Our server had a negative attitude towards us and neglected our service when I stated that we would like to take our time with ordering etc. Bad experience for my first time visitingSpecial Features:
- Lunch with friendsBirthdayLunchesDined on 7/30/2014I took 2 college friends here for lunch - the service could have been a little better but the food and atmosphere were good. It was quite so we could visit.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceImritealwaysDined on 7/27/2014The food was very delicious, rack of lamb med rare and halibut for my spouse. We started the night with a sausage appetizer, very good. We also shared a watermelon soup that was very interesting to say the least but in a good way. Drinks that were had, dirty martini with stuffed olives and a champagne sangria. The martini was the best I have ever had and my spouse loved hers. Dessert was a icecream and berry concoction of deliciousness. The service was outstanding as well as the food. Most notably was our server very sociable and had great suggestions on the appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKimCDined on 7/26/2014We love Piropos but had not been there in a while. We have a tradition with my in-laws annually where the adults have dinner at nice restaurants in KC. It was our turn to pick so we chose Piropos. We all had empanadas. Several tried the summer seasonal sangrias; my father-in-law & I opted for the strawberry basil lemonade cocktail which was excellent. The entrees & desserts were excellent as well. We were fortunate to be seated next to the window with the awesome view of the downtown KC skyline in the distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of KC's BestKCHawkDined on 7/25/2014It was a birthday dinner for my girlfriend and it couldn't have been better. We arrived early for our reservation and had a drink in the bar. The bartender allowed us to try several of their sangria' sand all were very good. We had a table by the large window with a great view of KC. Food was amazing and they allowed my girlfriend to get exactly what she wanted. We had lamb chops, lobster and some steak medallions and all were cooked perfectly and served hot. They gave her a free desert for her birthday and it was very delicious and a great way to finish dinner. The waiter was very attentive and always made sure we had what we wanted. We need to go here more often - definitely one of KC's top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerWillDined on 7/19/2014For our 50th wedding anniversary, we chose Piropos for the ambiance. We have always enjoyed this restaurant and it did not disappoint us on this special occasion. The service and food were outstanding. We brought a special vintage of wine bottled the year we were married and it was treated very gingerly by our waiter, Fred. Piropos is a very special place and one of the few left in the city that offers fine Dining. I wish them we'll for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kansas City has to offerIvanaDined on 7/19/2014I love fine dining and I have high standards. Dining at Piropos always meets and/or exceeds my expectations.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at Piropos and can't say enough about the ambience, the delicious cuisine and the superb service!!! Ask for Alex, he was an outstanding server. Thank you Alex and Piropos for making our evening so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the serviceAliCortesDined on 7/18/2014The food is amazing, but Gina is the best server ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentMikeDined on 7/18/2014Our third time there. Each time has been outstanding. A little expensive, so for special occasions, but always have a wonderful experience there.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchBirthdayLunchesDined on 7/18/2014I treated two of my sisters to lunch here for their birthdays. The lunch was very good and the service the same. I will be sure to go there again for lunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennDined on 7/15/2014A little stuffy and pricey for my taste but food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience for an AnniversaryNiteoutDined on 7/14/2014We celebrated our 7th anniversary here and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. It was a Monday night so there wasn't much of a crowd and we got a table facing a window that overlooked the downtown skyline. The food was amazing (try the lobster risotto) and our waiter Fred had a great sense of humor and made the night very special for us. It was our best Anniversary dinner to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Would highly recommend. Great food, views and service.Special Features:
- Romantic spotdjsoysauceDined on 7/11/2014Piropos is a great romantic restaurant where you can go to get some great food and see a beautiful view of the city. Catch this place at the right time you can eat outside on the deck and get a breathtaking view of the sunset. My only knock was that the waitress who waited on us was very slow with her service she would disappear a lot. Now I will give the benefit of the doubt and say maybe she was waiting on the bar side as well but I mean a place this small this shouldn't be a problem. Overall this place was great and is deserving of its Top 10 ranking in Romantic Restaurants in Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely experience.PolishMuleDined on 7/11/2014We had a lovely experience. Excellent meal with delightfully prompt, discreet, attentive service. We will be back and we will tell all our friends about Piropos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKiller69Dined on 7/11/2014the service and food was great, the wine was excellent. a great night for my wife's birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitingfromCADined on 7/5/2014Great dishes starting with the Empanadas, continuing with delicious watermelon gazpacho, and then both fish and beef entrees combines with sides and sauces that worked well. Finished off with the flan an churros. Excellent meal and wines. Service was superb. Great view too.I would recommend this to a friend.