Pig and Khao
68 Clinton Street
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Pig and Khao
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pigandkhao.com/
- Phone: (212) 920-4485
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Thai, Filipino
- Executive Chef: Leah Cohen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pig and Khao
The Fatty Crew Hospitality Group has continued their expansion. The restaurant veterans have partnered with Top Chef contestant Leah Cohen to open Pig and Khao (68 Clinton Street) on the Lower East Side. The Southeast Asian inspired cuisine offers a variety of Thai and Filipino influences on the menu including Crispy Pata and pickled mango salad (pork shank cooked in soy sauce and five spice garnished with coriander, crispy garlic served with a secret family recipe sweet and sour liver dipping sauce), Grilled Pork Jowl and Watermelon Salad (chili lime fish sauce, shallot, chicharron, herbs and toasted rice) and Crispy Quail Adobo (Szechuan peppercorn, coconut vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves, crispy garlic, scallion and soft boil quail egg). Drinks will range from cheap canned beer to large format beer served Hong Kong style (drink out of small bowls), wine cocktails and a self-serve bottomless tap in the backyardContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pig and Khao reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (42)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (28)late-night find (17)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Crispy Pata of course!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014Decent food and great atmosphere. I had the Khao soi, Crispy Pata, and Halohalo. The serving portions were enough to share. I guess I can say I had both Pig and Khao at this restaurant! The Khao soi was good and spicy. I would've preferred more meat in it, but it was still good overall. The Pata was just great - good amount of meat and crispy pig skin with a couple of dips. Highly recommend ordering that if you're going there. The Halohalo was OK - as a Filipino I know what's inside a halohalo and I feel it lacked the regular ingredients like beans, coconut jellies, etc. It was a good sweet and cold dessert to have to offset the flavourful and spicy dishes I had. Overall it was great atmosphere, good service, and delicious food!Special Features:
- Unique gem with amazing food and lots of choicesLumensteinVIPDined on 11/14/2014There are so many plates to choose from here you'll have to go back to try them all. Get a set at the chefs counter and you'll spend your time changing your decision on what to eat everytime another dish comes out. The ribs are amazing, the bread rolls perfect and everything else is top notch. Go here and feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really good, best everpakruthVIPDined on 11/9/2014Have been here many times. Surprised that it was pretty empty today -2pm sunday. New seasonal items -spicy noodle soup bowl and pork jowl with brussel sprouts with regular dishes of sissig pig head and khao soi noodles and garlic fried rice made a fantastic meal for 3.Special Features:
- Loved it again!goodtimesnycDined on 11/7/2014Super flavorful food. Creative menu choices. Great hip ambiance. Tasty cocktails. Have loved it both times I've been there. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014Food was amazingly delicious. Have been raving and recommending to friends since we ate here. 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!camillenyc14VIPDined on 11/5/2014How nice to find a Filipino-inspired restaurant and a real treat to savour familiar flavours in an international set-up. I loved the adobo with the pork sliced and presented a la seared duck breast and with the rind crispy, and garnished with a perfectly poached egg, I couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- Interesting menuZaidaDined on 10/31/2014Very good interpretation of some of the popular Philippine dishes. Enjoyed the meal. Good portion servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Everything was great- ordered a bunch of small plates, all in depth flavor, cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Best place near my apartmentone4oneDined on 10/27/2014I used to just show up hungry. Now I must use open table. Apparently others also like it. Save room for the halo-halo if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bombtay42Dined on 10/26/2014I've been here for dinner several times and finally brunch on this specific occasion. The food is ALWAYS phenomenal and the staff is great. A must go to place.Special Features:
- Food for the SoulSUNRAESDined on 10/25/2014The Green Mango Salad, the Banana Leaf Cod and a Baby Back Ribs to share. What a treat this was. Great combination of authentic asian fusion flavours. The Ribs are a must have, succulent and meat falling of the bone. It's sticky goodness. Great spot for a few friends or as need to get out on Saturday. Really Vibrant and great vibe. Service needs a little more smile in my opinion but hey that's all intangible.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysCltatlnycDined on 10/23/2014The pork belly over sweet potatoes was so good and perfect for the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Delicious as always. Every dish I've tried here has been amazing, the cod, the shan noodles, the pork jowl, the eggplant. Front of house is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- It lived up to my expectationsMamaODined on 9/28/2014I took my very special friend to his first Filipino food "adventure" hoping and expecting that he will like the experience.....knowing very well how picky and safe he is when it comes to food, his only question before he hesitantly said yes was "how exotic" are the food....which i simply answered, "why don't you tell me about it afterwards" ;-) I ordered the sirloin steak, pork adobo, green mango salad, the cold noodles, cod cooked inbanana leaves, and crispy pata....and san miguel lite beer. Thankfully, just what i hoped for, he tried everything quietly with until the last grain of coconut rice and at the end he just said "wow, these are real and seriously excellent food We are definitely going back next week end..Yay!!! =.Special Features:
- Great food!FoodiesvsDined on 9/26/2014Good for a group dinner before a night out. Lots of salty pork deliciousness especially if you like jowl, belly and crispy pig skin (like on the crispy pata).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lots of funEsssDined on 9/18/2014Enjoyed dinner at Pig & Khao. Food was very tasty and portions were large. 3 small plates and one large was more than my group of three could eat. But, we still had room to try both of the desserts! Loved the sisig, shan noodles and pata. Coconut rice was yum. Fried oysters were just ok. Service was friendly, bus boy even stopped back at our table when he noticed we hadn't mixed the egg into the sisig yet. We'll be back...Special Features:
- SolidDefaultdiner69Dined on 9/14/2014Great food. Gabulous spice control by the cooks. Been here twice and have been impressed by the food both times. They seem to be understaffed on the floor however, with waiters that seem to disappear for long periods and are continually act like they are running in a restaurant that is only half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal in a Hip NeighborhoodYummiTomatoVIPDined on 9/13/20144 of us ate dinner family style so we could taste more than one entree. The waitperson was very helpful in guiding us through the menu and suggesting how many dishes we should probably order. The food was delicious, inventive, and well prepared. A blend of various Asian flavors, more street food than haute cuisine. We loved the bbq ribs, slow cooked, the meat fell off the bone. We loved the adobo pork belly with an egg. The other dishes were great too. We were full after the meal so we didn't try any of the desserts. We plan to return to this spot. We arrived at 6:30 on a Saturday night, and the place had many empty tables, but in an hour the place was hopping. It was crowded and noisy. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.Special Features:
- Pork-tastic!!TommyGDined on 9/6/2014This is my 5th time here, and I've yet to be disappointed. Bring your love of pork, gansta rap, and food adventure, and you too will be a devotee of Pand K!!Special Features:
- The best place near my place!one4oneDined on 9/4/2014I'm a regular here and usually cruise by with my SO and sit at the kitchen bar but this time I needed a reservation for a party. Never been disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to reputationoueastDined on 8/26/2014our group of 4 senior citizens really enjoyed all the food- very tasty and different tatstes in each thing we ordered - especially delicious was the coconut riceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014My friend and I went here for dinner. The food was good. Some of the standout dishes for me were the green mango salad and the sizzling sisig. The only downside was the music being very loud and made it difficult for conversation.Special Features:
- great experienceSimonDined on 8/16/2014The menu initially appears to be a little small, but everything we ordered was great. Awesome experience. I'll definitely be back. Also, the $15 all you can drink Yuengling was much appreciated.Special Features:
- Not like the first time.lives2eatVIPDined on 8/15/2014It was definitely better the first time we were there sometime early last year!
- Great Filipino-esque dishes!kiaboomDined on 8/10/2014It's so hard to find good places that can represent Filipino dishes in a 'foodie' representation. Came here for dinner with my parents and kids. Traveling from California. Loved the spicy noodle soup! Took a menu home and showed it to friends who actually live in NY. Definitely a good spot to go! Crispy Pata is awesome. Lots of small plates to try and share.Special Features:
- Bring earplugsairishVIPDined on 8/9/2014P&K has pretty good food and an interesting menu. Just be prepared for sort of a hipster vibe (not surprising for where it is). Very loud rap soundtrack playing and a little hard to converse. If that's not your thing, better to avoid this place.
- caroDined on 8/4/2014Everything was great, except 1 of our meal & the desserts took alot longer to be served. There were 3 of us, & the other dishes we ordered came fairly quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHLBBostonVIPDined on 8/2/2014Loved the sisi, coconut rice and eggplant salad. Didn't love dessert. Waitress was very good and friendly.Special Features:
- Great surprise!MichiganderDined on 8/2/2014Five of us met and had a wonderful dinner. Pig and Khao was able to accommodate some vegetarian requests. Excellent food!!Special Features:
- Lives up to expectationsTakeOnMeDined on 8/1/2014Not the first "celebrity" chef restaurant we have been to, as we are frequent patrons of The General and Toro, and the quality of the food was not just hype. We could have done without the blaring rap, but the food made up for the noise factor. We were seated on time by pleasant servers, service wasn't rushed, and my Filipino friend and I agreed that the Sizzling Sisig was far superior to other fusion joints in the area. The flavors of the Burmese eggplant salad did not disappoint either. This place is good for a casual night out with a small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food, great funRMSHDined on 7/30/2014beautifully prepared, delicious food, great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Good food and atmospheremikeypDined on 7/28/2014Food was tasty, good amount of spice where needed, though the cod was a bit sweet. Backyard is a great touch, and feels homey without being cramped. Nice spot for a date and/or just getting together with the homies.Special Features:
- The following 198 reviews are from the Pig and Khao reviews archive.
- DelicousYummyFilipinoFoodVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food was delicous. The sisig was my fave :) I can't wait to try the Crispy Pata next time as they were out of it by the time we arrived for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the foodGoodplaceDined on 7/15/2014Finally something a bit different, great food, great drinks. Reasonably priced. Such a perfect New york-y place - took some out of town guests and they really enjoyed it tooSpecial Features:
- Too loud but the foor is worth isMhermDined on 7/12/2014Simple outdoors area, surrounded by tall buildings so no view. The hip hop music was way too load but the food............... fantastic. Thus, worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Great service and authentic Filipino food with a twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent well priced foodJeanVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food was delicious and well priced. Had the sizzling sisig and a delicious curry noodle dish in addition to the green mango salad. Service was below average. Took 15 minutes to receive first cocktail despite the restaurant not being crowded. Our waitress forgot to give us our check to sign. After waiting 15 minutes we had to go hunt her down. She shrugged her shoulders and admitted she forgot about it. Smaller complaint is that the water served is room temperature without ice. Perhaps that is intentional, but when one is dining outside during a hot summer day ice is appreciated. Food was great so I would try this againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2014food was very good. seating and service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODKiKiBDined on 6/30/2014The coconut rice....it will take you to paradise...eat it.Special Features:
- nice staff - "eh" foodFoodfanVIPDined on 6/30/2014We had an okay dinner here. The staff was extremely friendly, the food was pretty good. Nothing to write home about, but fresh and somewhat interesting. Like a B/B+ .