12700 Lake Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/index.php
- Phone: 2162282250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Regan Reik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an Event? Give us a call! We can make any occasion memorable whether large or small.
- Entertainment: Moss Stanley/Michael Leamon on piano Fridays and Saturdays 7pm - 10pm
Michael Leamon on piano Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm
1/2 price gourmet appetizers
$5.25 specialty cocktails & wines
A word from Pier W
Pier W, a landmark Cleveland restaurant, has been serving a critically acclaimed seafood and contemporary menu since May 11, 1965. Having recently undergone a $3 million interior renovation, the new Pier W resembles a sophisticated luxury liner cantilevered over Lake Erie offering dramatic views of both the Lake and the downtown Cleveland skyline. We would like to request that shorts, flip flops and baseball caps are not worn to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Pier W - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Pier W reviews from OpenTable diners
423 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (382)special occasion (349)romantic (272)fit for foodies (155)notable wine list (113)great for brunch (104)neighborhood gem (101)hot spot (63)good for groups (62)vibrant bar scene (54)great for lunch (50)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- SilentMDined on 10/20/2014It was our 41st Anniversary and the evening at Pier W was perfect. We loved the old version of the restaurant, but this tops it by a mile.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Loved brunch! You get complimentary sparkling wine or mimosa which is wonderful. Buffet is extensive. Pricy but worth it. Our server was obviously having a grumpy day but I guess that can happen...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceCheckItOutDined on 10/19/2014Piew W is a treat always. The food at brunch is amazing, we especially loved the perch. The piano player excellent. Next time I will plan ahead better to have a table with a view of the lake and the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on the LakevavaDined on 10/19/2014This brunch is amazing. If you leave here unhappy, then you came in unhappy! It is a lovely atmosphere, the food is quality and abundant and the view sitting over Lake Erie is stunning. We had to increase our numbers at the last minute, and of course it was fully booked, but I worked with Amy one of the front desk professionals and by the end of the week she was able to accommodate us! Big shout out to Amy and all the staff and chefs at Pier W. It is a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning and afternoon! Bravo! ValoreeSpecial Features:
- Awesome BrunchPoohDined on 10/19/2014Had a family outing for Sunday brunch. Expensive but worth it. Plenty of food selection to pick from that satisfies all kind of taste buds. Great view and kids enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!lego28Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful first experience at Pier W. Great way to celebrate an anniversary!Special Features:
- Quick reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Amazing view of downtown, friendly service, great seafood.Special Features:
- Pier WSangregVIPDined on 10/17/2014The evening was a smashing success. The food, service, and view were top notch. At our suggestion another couple went to Pier W with us. They are still talking about what a fun filled evening we had. Top of the list was the great food, wine list and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I love this restaurant but if you are celebrating a special occasion there is no way you can get a table by the window. We know that the tables are first come first serve but when we have requested a window table for a 50th anniversary celebration and we get there and they say no we can't have one of those tables even though they are open it's frustrating. They did seat customers there AFTER we were seated so it wasn't first come first serve for us. We brought the anniversary couple there for the first time and they liked the restaurant but agreed that the "first come first serve" policy was not followed. That's too bad. May keep us from bringing someone else there for a "special occasion".Special Features:
- SpecialkjDined on 10/17/2014This restaraunt has been a long time favorite of mine. I am never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014It was very scenic and romantic loved the filet MignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarcoDined on 10/15/2014We arrived on time. Parking was a bit difficult. Seated promptly. Window seating was perfect. Great cocktails and appetizers. Sole seafood special was excellent. Cheesecake dessert was yummy. Service was outstanding. This was our 54 Wedding Anniversary experience and we'll be back again for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jgaulDined on 10/14/2014We had never been to Pier W before and totally enjoyed our experience. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Our service during dinner was very good, and the food was wonderful. I would not hesitate to go back for a special occasion. We totally enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive, as always!ZzzeniDined on 10/13/2014The location and the view are a PLUS, especially if you get a window seat! But, the food, the wine selection and the service is beyond amazing! Seafood is always impressive, although they do have some good "turf" selections.Special Features:
- DennyDined on 10/12/2014Everything was wonderful. Drove 90 minutes to get there. Can't wait to come back and take my 3 children.Special Features:
- Great all around!JoyFish61414Dined on 10/11/2014We celebrated a birthday and wanted it to be a romantic setting. It met all of our expectations! They are also known for their lunches, so we can't wait to try that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and the place was perfect. The food was great, and so was the service. We had mentioned to our waiter that it was our anniversary and when he brought out the dessert it had a white chocolate candy with happy anniversary on it. Just a wonderful time and an amazing view of the lake and the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightGriffinPhillips1Dined on 10/11/2014Pier W is the perfect place for a romantic night out. Lovely ambiance with the beautiful view of the lake and Cleveland. The food was absolutely amazing and it was brought out to us super fast. I enjoyed my time very much and hope to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an anniversary!Magnus1641Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had dinner at Piew W for our first wedding anniversary and it was AMAZING! The food was spectacular. The service was great, and the view of the lake was gorgeous. That doesn't even take into consideration the special menus that said "Happy Anniversary" on them, or the cute couples cheesecake bites with the delicious disk of whit chocolate as a garnish that also had "Happy Anniversary" on it. It was such an experience and I highly recommend it for any special occasion. Also, we've been there for brunch on the weekends, and the food is just as amazing and it is a much more low key casual atmosphere while still maintaining their class that is a cut above. If you've never been... GO! I guarantee you'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with quality of food.drphDined on 10/10/2014Food was not up to par, even without regard of the high price. Lobster bisque came out luke warm. All other food was bland and tasteless. We were celebrating a birthday and table by the window was great with view of city skyline, and the piano music added a nice touch.Special Features:
- Perfect!SensationalDined on 10/10/2014It was our 1st time at Pier W and it was a PERFECT destination for a romantic birthday celebration. Truly it is a hidden gem with ambiance, scenic views, elegant atmosphere and excellent service. I felt like I did when I found Headland's Beach ... how did I not know this was in Ohio!!Special Features:
- Fantastic! Fabulous! Loved it!LakeLoverDined on 10/8/2014Our waitress was fabulous!!! Service was perfect!! The food was delicious!! Scenery was lovely! Setting very romantic--just what we were looking for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sunday BrunchbrunchguyDined on 10/5/2014Went last Sunday for brunch on our anniversary and must say it was absolutely outstanding. The food was exceptional and you could not ask for a more beautiful view. The live piano music made for a perfect experience.Special Features:
- Terrific night outRWattersDined on 10/4/2014Pier W never disappoints! We had a terrific meal and the service was phenomenal. I cannot say enough great things about our night at Pier W.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Pier W has the ambiance of dining on a cruise ship, with beautiful, expansive views of the Cleveland skyline over Lake Erie. Delicious food and great service. Go!Special Features:
- Great TimeRyanDined on 10/2/2014I took my girlfriend here for our five month anniversary and we both loved it! Food was great, restaurant had great decor and view, and our waitress was so helpful and kind. Definitely recommending it to everyone I talk to.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningAnniversaryDined on 10/2/2014I would highly reccommend this restaurant for anyone looking for that special evening out with a loved one. After booking thru Open Table and requesting a few small needs I was very pleased by the service and respect we were given upon our arrival. The service and food were wonderful, the wine was perfect and the attention to details was impressive. The management , waiters and staff did everything possible to make our 15Th anniversary a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just unbelievable, as always...JenniferDined on 10/2/2014We came here for my husband's birthday, and this wasn't our first time. Pier W is great for all special occasions, from birthdays and anniversaries to where to take your in-laws when they come in from out of town. Always excellent food, excellent service. Awesome views of the city. Can't say enough about this place. Fresh seafood flown in daily. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Cleveland is specialIknowdiningDined on 10/1/2014The combination of the best view in the area, the food, the service and the little extras made this a truly memorable experience. If someone is disrespecting Cleveland, this is the place to take them to cure their problem.Special Features:
- Special eventHappyDined on 9/28/2014I have had dinner at Pier W a couple of times now and it is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cidneyDined on 9/28/2014It was a wonderful brunch with a beautiful table and an outstanding selection of breakfast, fresh sushi, dinner entrees. Well planned buffet presenting guests a dining adventure. Impeccable service. Excellent food. Perfect afternoon until a slovenly, messy, unkempt woman was seated next to us...50'ish age with extremely soiled and torn jeans (not the fashionable type!) She was dirty. And her greasy hair that looked as if it hand't been washed in a month. Her male companion had messed the back of his khaki pants. Your menu says "appropriate dress required". Your juvenile hostess should be trained to understand what that means. But obviously too young to make that appropriate decision. It spoiled our wonderful time Shame on you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier WOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Pier W is very nice. The location is beautiful. I took my husband there Sunday brunch. The live piano music was a nice touch. The brunch included a glass of champagne toast. ASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch! Great ambiance!JerrBear49Dined on 9/28/2014The Brunch was better than I could imagine. We loved the wide range of choices. I thought the made-to-order omelet was a little small but it was satisfactory. All the other choices were excellent and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Our new favorite in the Cleve!LindsayHDDined on 9/27/2014We are former military and have dined in dozens of countries, from Michelin stars to barrel tables in alleys. We are definite "foodies" and love to reminisce about memorable meals we've had round the world. Pier W knows exactly what it is; an American country club-type formal dining room on the water that serves meat and fish cooked to enhance their natural flavors (no Moroccan-inspired sauces paired with mango chipotle garnish, unless you ask for it!) paired with excellent wines. This restaurant IS sophisticated- it doesn't need to pretend! Another plus, the clientele was diverse- racially and generationally, but everyone had the same blissful face. Lovely evening, competent server, nice views, and wonderful food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary dinnerlivetoeat63Dined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful Anniversary dinner ! From the drinks to soup and salad and the main course everything was superb ! Happy Wife ! Happy Life ! Thank You for both . She loved the view, the food and the drinks and the service was excellent ! We will be back and we will tell friends !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentclegirl101Dined on 9/25/2014If you like sea food and have a special day to celebrate with your significant other then Pier W is the place to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2014Lovely refined restaurant with good food and good service. White table cloths and real napkins. fabulous views of the lake and city.Special Features:
- Pier W reviewCjm13Dined on 9/24/2014Our service was excellent, and the entrees were nothing short of spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place...GaryDined on 9/23/2014My wife took me here for my birthday--great view of the lake and the food was excellent. The service was also excellent, as our waiter had good knowledge of the wine list with good insight to help us find what we liked. Overall a great place--I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- KatieDined on 9/21/2014We had a great time. Food was delicious. service was great. We've dined at Pier W numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features: