12700 Lake Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/index.php
- Phone: (216) 228-2250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Regan Reik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an Event? Give us a call! We can make any occasion memorable whether large or small.
- Entertainment: Moss Stanley/Michael Leamon on piano Fridays and Saturdays 7pm - 10pm
Michael Leamon on piano Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm
1/2 price gourmet appetizers
$5.25 specialty cocktails & wines
A word from Pier W
Pier W, a landmark Cleveland restaurant, has been serving a critically acclaimed seafood and contemporary menu since May 11, 1965. Having recently undergone a $3 million interior renovation, the new Pier W resembles a sophisticated luxury liner cantilevered over Lake Erie offering dramatic views of both the Lake and the downtown Cleveland skyline. We would like to request that shorts, flip flops and baseball caps are not worn to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Pier W - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Pier W reviews from OpenTable diners
383 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (340)special occasion (314)romantic (251)fit for foodies (141)notable wine list (106)great for brunch (105)neighborhood gem (92)good for groups (67)hot spot (60)vibrant bar scene (52)great for lunch (46)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- always fantasticChasDined on 11/24/2014We love coming to Pier W. We try to come here at least once or twice a year (without our kids). It is a special place for us. The service is outstanding. The view is breathtaking. The food is simply perfect. There is no other restaurant in CLE that can offer the whole package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 and CountingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2014The wife and I celebrated 30 years of marriage here with great food and service. This was my second time at Pier W and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebratingLaurencDined on 11/22/2014While our dinner was outstanding and the ambiance was wonderful, I was very disappointed in the seating and the service. I had made the reservation well in advance and we were by the kitchen so it was very noisy and disruptive - not particularly romantic ( I had mentioned it was our anniversary on the reservation). Our server was mediocre at best. I would go back as this did not seem to be the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerTheCaptainDined on 11/22/2014This place is amazing. Incredible view of Cleveland from across the lake. Food was absolutely amazing, some of the best seafood we've ever had. A bit pricey but well worth it for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting the city and had the perfect date night.AndrewDined on 11/21/2014Excellent restauant! The food was outstanding. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Not only could our waitor recommend specific dishes with certainty, but also provided a detailed descriptions of the stocked liquor. My only complaint was that the live piano music was a very loud. The pianoist was great, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedAnniversaryDined on 11/19/2014We were last here 50 years ago. Amazing for a restaurant to get it right for so long. A truly well run restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsnipsVIPDined on 11/16/2014Pier W has long been a favorite, but our visit last night will make me rethink that status. We visited for my fiance's Birthday and they did not honor either request that I made when I made my reservation. They say that window seats are first come, first serve and I requested a window seat at reservation and there were tables available when we were seated. When I asked about the open tables I was told they were reserved which is contrary to their stated position. Our meals were only so so and our server must have been inexperienced or overwhelmed by the adjacent large party. He ignored us mostly and when he did visit he took over the table and removed plates, dishes, and drinks in a flurry. When it came to dessert I asked to see a menu and stated that we were cerebrating a birthday. His response was - I know - but then he didn't deliver anything to the table. Other tables has a "birthday" dessert brought to their table - ours did not. I love Pier W's location but the rest of the operation seemed tired last night and I left disappointed. I did not make a big deal out of any of these slights and tried to make the best of a bad situation. We had a nice night out and enjoyed each others company which is all that really matters. The restaurant is just a setting and not the purpose of the evening. However, with all the other great restaurants now in the greater Cleveland area I don't know when and if we will return to Pier W.Special Features:
- Excellent ambience, food and serviceFoodloverDined on 11/16/2014Pier W is perfect for a dinner or the spectacular brunch. The ambience and scenic view are matched by the food quality and the excellent service. From the moment you arrive and you are guided to the table you requested to the table service and food quality you have an experience that you expect in a five restaurant. You want to feel welcome, relaxed and have a pleasant evening with your spouse or friends. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Selection A-CirmiDined on 11/16/2014In the last six months this was our third visit for brunch. Although the food is still good,we had better selection before. The beef was to cold and slightly undercooked. We have noticed, although your confirmation email requested " no hats" in the dining room, several people had hats on and no one from the service team asked to remove it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't wait to go back !FoodieinCLEDined on 11/15/2014We absolutely LOVED Pier W; It is a hidden gem - great bar scene, great views, great service and fabulous meal! The place was crowded with date night couples, family, and groups of friends. The butternut squash ice-cream was a wonderful complement to the blackened shrimp and the Basil Martini. We also had Crab Legs and the Oysters Rockefeller - lots of food to enjoy! We made a promise to go back at least once a quarter, and I am sure it is wonderful in the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect destination for a special occassionLizzyTDined on 11/14/2014I took my boyfriend there for the first time for his birthday. He is not used to being the center of attention when it comes to things like this, so I wanted to make a big fuss and Pier W helped make that happen! With the wonderful view, incredible service and fantastic food, it was the perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodreelchipDined on 11/12/2014Pier W seems to have lost a step over the years. I don't know if they have a new chef or what. The items on the menu remain interesting, but they just don't taste great. I had a beet salad that had a sauce that was contrary to and drowned out the taste of the beets. That's not what cooking is about. You need to compliment ingredients, not drown them out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Anniversaryfood2mysoulDined on 11/11/2014I celebrated my 10 year wedding anniversary there, everything was wonderful it was our first time, and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect NightLovableLittleWolfDined on 11/11/2014It was my first time at Pier W and I had a guest from out of town - we were both very, very pleased with choosing here for our dinner. Everything was just perfect - The view, the food, the service, the décor...it was a very amazing experience! Everyone should visit here at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pier wrobreviewDined on 11/10/2014Fantastic view. Great wine choices and food. Awesome service and wonderful seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great musiccinnawinDined on 11/9/2014We went to brunch to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The piano player was great and he definitely made the romantic dining experience even more enjoyable. I wish we could have got the window seat (which I understand it's first come first serve).Special Features:
- pennyDined on 11/9/2014Great place to bring family, out of town guest. Let them know ahead of time if a booth is difficult for your guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding brunchajaxVIPDined on 11/9/2014Lovely scenic restaurant with outstanding attentive service. Sunday brunch had wide selection of appetizers and salads, 5 or 6 breakfast entrees and an equal number of hot lunch dishes plus a carving station and an omelet station, and a wide selection of desserts. Price of $33 includes champagne or mimosas. Everything the 3 of us had was delicious and of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Great view, tight quartersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Pier W's best feature is it's gorgeous view of downtown Cleveland over the lake. The food was excellent, especially the seafood and the gorgeous desserts. The selections were a twist on the expected. Unfortunately, the restaurant is quite small and the tables are packed in. The layout of the buffet is narrow and tortuous. You can't back up a chair without bumping into someone walking or the chair behind you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth itenyayDined on 11/8/2014This was my second time at Pier W, and while the menu is normally fairly pricey, I came back for a date night because they were offering a slightly discounted menu for Restaurant Week. Like before, the service and food were phenomenal, and the wine pairings with all of the courses were spot on. The view is one of the best in Cleveland, and the piano player they had that night was excellent. If you have the budget for it, this place is perfect for a special occassion or date night.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Overall, an excellent dining experience. A bit disappointed by the table we were given (a four-top for just two people), as well as the dessert menu, but the appetizers, entrees, and service were excellent. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Anniversary night outDL1999Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I went to Pier W for our 15th Anniversary this past Saturday night. We had a mixed experience. The people were nice, the food was very good, but the service was off a bit. My wife ordered a scallops dinner with roasted red peppers, but received the scallops with raisins and sweet potato chips. We are not people that yell, or make a scene, and she did like the scallops she was given, so nothing was said. However it also says a lot when the incorrect order is taken. I also waited 15 minutes for a soft drink. I ordered the crab stuffed shrimp and it was delicious. I must add we sat with a view of the lake and the downtown skyline, it was stunning!Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The view was great like the food and service. Kevin was my server and he did a great job. He knew the menu and only came to the table when necessary. It was my girlfriend birthday and she also said she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2fishDined on 11/4/2014Beautiful view. Wonderful happy hour and menu. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Good foodshor3dinnerVIPDined on 11/2/2014Second time to the restaurant for brunch. As usually they offer good food and great services.Special Features:
- Awesome timePeteDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I had dined here for the first time Saturday November 1 and was blown away with everything. Great experience all around and will always come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The restaurant had beautiful views of Lake Erie and downtown Cleveland. Very romantic setting with died lights and a piano player. The food was very good, but the portion size left a lot to be desired. My husband ordered the Amish chicken, he received one small piece of chicken on a bed of creamed spinach, no potatoe or rice. He did leave being still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Nice evening with great food and service to match. Was not disappointed in rating given on Open TableSpecial Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We expected the best and very nearly had it. Of course the view is outstanding. The menu varied and creative. Our waitress was knowledgeable. The one flaw was we had a feeling of being rushed. The staff brought the appetizer while we had cocktails and then the entree while we were still eating the appetizers. Of course when it was time the food was cold. Again, the birthday sorbet came before the entree was finished. Will come again but try to control flow of things.Special Features:
- Great tunaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I had the tuna and it was amazing me and my wife had the shrimp cocktail and it was verry good realy large shrimp my wife had the filet mignom and that was also amazing would highly recommend will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperiencemjdefrankDined on 10/28/2014My girlfriend and I chose to celebrate our 2 year anniversary at Pier W. From the service, to the food to the lucky break on the view - we were seated in the northwest corner of the restaurant, overlooking to lake and Downtown Cleveland - this was a fantastic experience. We ordered the calamari and I was a bit worried; I had a favorite calamari spot and wasn't sure Pier W could measure up. It exceeded expectations and was a nice, light appetizer for two. We also enjoyed the clam chowder and lobster bisque. For dinner I had the crab stuffed gulf shrimp with Yukon potatoes and broccolini. Just like the calamari, the shrimp and crab were noticeably fresh and delicious. We didn't save room for dessert, but we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable nightDinerchampDined on 10/26/2014I took my girlfriend here for our one year anniversary. The view of the lake was absolutely beautiful and we were able to witness the sunset right as our dinner came. Service was quick and excellent. For the appetizer we had the calamari, it was absolute perfection. The claim chowder and lobster bisque were delicious. For dinner I had the linguine, which was a bit too peppery for my liking but it was overall pretty tasty. My girlfriend had the crab stuffed shrimp, it was kind if bland and the potatoes were nothing special, probably wouldn't order it again. Overall the meal was pretty pricy for the portions we received but I would definitely go back to try some more dishes. Great atmosphere, great service, good food but not superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since1966Dined on 10/26/2014We have had the opportunity to eat at Pier W on special occasions since 1966. It has always been a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoy the Sunday brunch whenever we can. We especially like not feeling rushed, having time to enjoy the food as well as sit and enjoy some conversation. Waiter and server staff excellent.Special Features:
- sjdinerDined on 10/25/2014Our evening at Pier W was memorable! We were greeted and seated immediately for our 7 pm reservation. I wish that we had the opportunity to be seated by the windows for the beautiful view, but there were not any tables available for that, next time I would hope to sit with the view! Our waitress was excellent, attentive and friendly which is very important. The beef tenderloin medallions with the mashed potatoes were excellent. The flavor was delicious and the best meal that I have had in a restaurant in a long time. We will look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Spectacular setting and views. Service was OK. The waitress was scarce, not around much. The famous bouillabaisse was nothing special, more like fish, onion and tomato soup, not much of anything else in it. The rest of the meal was much better.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food, Ambiance, Service was outstanding. Definately going back for another date.Special Features:
- very okyumyumDined on 10/24/2014Great atmosphere, food was ok, service was ok, price was worth viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong hereMikeyDLongfellow1984Dined on 10/24/2014Food was great, service was wonderful! Prices are high but it is absolutely worth it, great wines and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantjcampoDined on 10/24/2014We just love Pier W. Wanted to share it with our friends for a birthday treat. They loved it. Truly an amazing gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.