12700 Lake Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/index.php
- Phone: 2162282250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Regan Reik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an Event? Give us a call! We can make any occasion memorable whether large or small.
- Entertainment: Moss Stanley/Michael Leamon on piano Fridays and Saturdays 7pm - 10pm
Michael Leamon on piano Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Happy Hour Sunday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm
1/2 price gourmet appetizers
$5.25 specialty cocktails & wines
A word from Pier W
Pier W, a landmark Cleveland restaurant, has been serving a critically acclaimed seafood and contemporary menu since May 11, 1965. Having recently undergone a $3 million interior renovation, the new Pier W resembles a sophisticated luxury liner cantilevered over Lake Erie offering dramatic views of both the Lake and the downtown Cleveland skyline. We would like to request that shorts, flip flops and baseball caps are not worn to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Pier W - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Pier W reviews from OpenTable diners
442 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (401)special occasion (365)romantic (287)fit for foodies (159)notable wine list (119)neighborhood gem (108)great for brunch (107)good for groups (68)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (56)great for lunch (53)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Special eventHappyDined on 9/28/2014I have had dinner at Pier W a couple of times now and it is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014It was a wonderful brunch with a beautiful table and an outstanding selection of breakfast, fresh sushi, dinner entrees. Well planned buffet presenting guests a dining adventure. Impeccable service. Excellent food. Perfect afternoon until a slovenly, messy, unkempt woman was seated next to us...50'ish age with extremely soiled and torn jeans (not the fashionable type!) She was dirty. And her greasy hair that looked as if it hand't been washed in a month. Her male companion had messed the back of his khaki pants. Your menu says "appropriate dress required". Your juvenile hostess should be trained to understand what that means. But obviously too young to make that appropriate decision. It spoiled our wonderful time Shame on you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier WOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Pier W is very nice. The location is beautiful. I took my husband there Sunday brunch. The live piano music was a nice touch. The brunch included a glass of champagne toast. ASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch! Great ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The Brunch was better than I could imagine. We loved the wide range of choices. I thought the made-to-order omelet was a little small but it was satisfactory. All the other choices were excellent and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Our new favorite in the Cleve!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We are former military and have dined in dozens of countries, from Michelin stars to barrel tables in alleys. We are definite "foodies" and love to reminisce about memorable meals we've had round the world. Pier W knows exactly what it is; an American country club-type formal dining room on the water that serves meat and fish cooked to enhance their natural flavors (no Moroccan-inspired sauces paired with mango chipotle garnish, unless you ask for it!) paired with excellent wines. This restaurant IS sophisticated- it doesn't need to pretend! Another plus, the clientele was diverse- racially and generationally, but everyone had the same blissful face. Lovely evening, competent server, nice views, and wonderful food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014If you like sea food and have a special day to celebrate with your significant other then Pier W is the place to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2014Lovely refined restaurant with good food and good service. White table cloths and real napkins. fabulous views of the lake and city.Special Features:
- Pier W reviewCjm13Dined on 9/24/2014Our service was excellent, and the entrees were nothing short of spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place...GaryDined on 9/23/2014My wife took me here for my birthday--great view of the lake and the food was excellent. The service was also excellent, as our waiter had good knowledge of the wine list with good insight to help us find what we liked. Overall a great place--I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- KatieDined on 9/21/2014We had a great time. Food was delicious. service was great. We've dined at Pier W numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- excellentinterestingDined on 9/21/2014Nice way to celebrate my 40th birthday. Love the view. Lots of variety of food. Except for the slight hikkup it was niceSpecial Features:
- AnnivesaryKeithJoan39yearsDined on 9/21/2014We celebrated our 39th anniversary at the Sunday brunch and really enjoyed the food and the view. Excellent service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoohDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful scenery of the Cleveland skyline, nice ambiance with live piano in the background. Food was excellent. We are coming back with kids for a Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dicndorDined on 9/20/2014The entire experience was great,from the service, the food and the ambiance. It was fine ding at it's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view-- special occasion placeFoodieDined on 9/19/2014The view is great. The food was very good quality. The place felt very dated and needs a facelift to make it feel younger, more modern.Special Features:
- Still my Fav!GuntherDined on 9/19/2014Good and service was stellar! As always! This is our favorite for all occasions, perfect evening all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 9/19/2014As always Pier W was fantastic! My husband and I come here for all our special occasions and we enjoy happy hour at the bar as well! We are always recommending to people especially if they have something to celebrate.Special Features:
- Date NightjluvtodineDined on 9/19/2014I took my girlfriend here for a romantic night and that is exactly what we got. The restaurant is elegant. We got seated at perhaps the best seat in the place by window with a great view of lake erie and downtown cleveland. We got to see the sunset and lights come on downtown. Simply beautiful. Service was outstanding, some of the best i have come across. Take your lady there guys!Special Features:
- Great First Time Experiencerailbc1Dined on 9/19/2014I decided at the last minute before leaving for work that morning that I wanted to take my wife out to dinner that night. Since I've been working so many long hours, I thought some place out of our usual places would be romantic. Making reservations online was easy and allowed us to be able to be seated immediately. As requested, we sat by the windows and the waiter was very friendly and attentive. The Amish chicken was flavorful and the beef was so tender that we could cut it with a butter knife. I just wish we would have saved room for dessert but I'm sure this first time won't be our last dining experience there.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2dineDined on 9/18/2014We arrived approx 45 minutes early for our 6:30 reservation. We were greeted by three ladies. We wanted to go to the bar for a drink before being seated. There was actually a restraining rope to keep you from entering the bar. There was one open seat at the bar but we were not allowed to enter. It seemed as though the bar is only for the regulars. We were told we could sit at our table if we wanted or wait to get into the bar. We felt about as welcome as a root canal. There was no way we were going to enter the bar. Our food and service was excellent. Being greeted by what appeared to be security guards was frustrating at best. Happy hour is for residents or regulars, I guessSpecial Features:
- A Lakewood Gem!JoeyDined on 9/18/2014Pier W continues to be a Lakewood gem! The outstanding food is equally matched by the fabulous view of our city of Cleveland. The Happy Hour is the best around. The service is friendly and very efficient. Pier W is the go-to restaurant when you have out of town guests.Special Features:
- HOT DATEtheamsterDined on 9/18/2014MAY NOT BE A BETTER PLACE TO DINE WHILE ON A SPECIAL DATE, FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- Needs to revevaluate key componentsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014A great location overlooking the lake, beautful dining room, great food....but - Inconvenient parking as the restaurant diners and neighboring residents consume the parking spots forcing the guests like me last night, to have to park 200 feet from the front door and walk through the rain to get in. Valet Parking should be provided every evening they are open, without question!! This is a fine dining restaurant and is busy all week, Service staff is very young. Students working part time as opposed to seasoned, professional servers. This is not the way to staff a fine dining restaurant. Roping off the bar when the seats are taken? Seriously? A guest cannot enjoy a cocktail at the bar before dinner? Strategic mistakes!Special Features:
- Will come againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. We reserved a table and had an absolutely amazing view of the downtown Cleveland skyline. I liked that they offered wine in 3oz or 6oz servings--3oz of champagne was perfect. We had calamari for an appetizer. I enjoyed the tamarind sauce, while my husband preferred the sriracha aioli. The calamari was cooked perfectly, not too much breading and very tender, not overcooked. For my entree, I had the "famous" bouillabaisse, which I found way too salty. My husband had tenderloin medallions, which were delicious! Our server was excellent, very attentive and picked up on the fact that we were celebrating our anniversary without us saving so. I will come again, but next time I'll skip the bouillabaisse.Special Features:
- Pier W was not up to snuffPreviousmitchellfanDined on 9/14/2014It is a tradition for us to eat at Pier W when I visit Cleveland. The view is beautiful and the food is generally excellent. This visit was a Sunday evening and disappointing. The food was not good, but the service was fine. The food tasted like Sunday brunch leftovers The vegetables were overcooked and looked like they had been reused from a brunch server. The "fresh" fish was prepared differently and again looked like it came from a brunch serving dish. I ordered the shrimp and crab. It tasted like the shrimp that was about to go bad and it was cold. Again, they may have used shrimp from a buffet and butterflied it and tossed some crab/breadcrumbs on top. However, the appetizers were good, but they were freshly made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrations!Love2eatDined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating two wedding anniversaries, our dear friends and ours. We wanted a special place to celebrate. We enjoyed the champagne brunch. Love the beautiful view and the brunch had a wide assortment of delicious food choices. Breakfast, seafood, prime rib and a wide assortment of desserts. Our waiter was friendly but kept a low profile (what we like). All in all a great celebration. Highly recommend. Just a bit pricey ($80 for two.)Special Features:
- Always memorabledks1Dined on 9/14/2014This was another great brunch experience. All of the food was exceptional, especially the eggs benedict and salmon. The only low point was that the bacon was all cooked and stuck together in the steamer - no way you could take one slice without getting seventeen others at the same time. The piano guy was really good, and the complimentary glass of champagne much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMudge416Dined on 9/13/2014Took my husband here for our 1st anniversary and he was blown away! We had an amazing view, the staff was awesome and the food was great! They even surprised us with desert on the house with a happy anniversary engraved piece of choclate on top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion-worthyLuv2dine2Dined on 9/13/2014We came here for our anniversary, and it was a great choice! We ended up with window seating, which you cannot reserve ahead of time. Our server was very attentive, and did not rush us. We wanted to relax and savor the experience, and we did!!! There was a piano player in the base area, who did a very nice job. The food was very good, and the portions were just right. Their wine selection was very nice. I would definitely recommend dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticMicheleDined on 9/13/2014Everything was fantastic! The food, service, atmosphere, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerHappyDined on 9/12/2014Been here a couple times now and it is always a delicious meal and great experience.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Good food, nice window view of downtown Cleveland, live piano happy hour, quick and good serviceSpecial Features:
- czpumpkinDined on 9/12/2014We have requested a window seating the last five times we were there and our request was never granted. We were disappointed. No one came around to see if we were happy with our meal or our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Choice a Good One!stamandVIPDined on 9/12/2014Amos was our server and did a wonderful job and is very personable as well as professional. We started with the Chopped Salad and Chowder which was enjoyable. I had the Tenderloin Medallions which were just a bit to salty for my taste (but I am a sparingly salt user) and my husband enjoyed his Shrimp Scallop Pasta. Our dinner was accompanied by Domaine Chandon Chardonnay which paired nicely. We got to sit on a side window table and watch the waves lap along the shore. The bar was hopping and unfortunately we couldn't get a table for a nightcap. The pianist played a wide selection of songs that complimented the evening.Special Features:
- Still goodMarie22Dined on 9/10/2014After all these years it's still a nice place for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out!!ourniteoutDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I had a great meal, great view of downtown Cleveland, and a great waitress to help us with our selections! We will be returning to this wonderful gem on the lake! Thanks for a great anniversary treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMaryDined on 9/9/2014A beautiful way to spend my birthday. Everything was excellentSpecial Features:
- jamesDined on 9/9/2014Very disappointed in the service and the managment. My wife and I had 2 guests for dinner. The server brought 3 dinners and omitted one. When we finally attracted the wait-person's attention she said she had neglected to put in the fourth order. I did not have a stop watch but we must have waited 30-40 minutes until the fourth dinner arrived. The manager (I suppose that is who he was) stopped by and said he was sorry and she (the guest missing dinner while we all waited) could have a free dessert and then left--total time --2 minutes of his very precious time. This has always been a special place for us. Most of the staff acted like robots talking into their little ear phones. TOO BAD!Special Features:
- 64th anniversarynotsatisfactoryDined on 9/9/2014To make this a special, romantic occasion we chose Pier W for a delicious seafood dinner. Our meals were distinctly unremarkable. As a matter of fact they were quite plain in appearance & taste. To keep the occasion happy, we did not complain as we felt it was edible even thou far from enjoyable. It definitely was not fine dining! We could have had a much better experience at a neighborhood restaurant or at home.Special Features:
- Restaurant on the lakeSallyDined on 9/9/2014Pier W has been around a long time in Cleveland. The management has improved many things but one they continue to fail to improve is the service. The food is exceptional. Would definitely return but be aware that the service leaves a lot to be desired.Special Features: