Pesce & Vino
8801 Three Chopt Rd
Richmond, VA 23229Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pesce & Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pesceandvino.com/
- Phone: 8043032769x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Francesco Badalamenti and Filippo Genova
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We are closed on Mondays and are available for private event's! Please call for more information. Menu, family style or buffet options available for Mondays!
A word from Pesce & Vino
Specializing in one of a kind dishes. Made from scratch, Authentic Italian. Pasta, Seafood and Steak! With an inviting atmosphere. Where we put nothing but love in everything we do!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Pesce & Vino - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Pesce & Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Food - Service a bit slowRVANYCDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant serves great traditional Italian food, prepared excellently. The evening was good, but service was very slow.Special Features:
- Excellent food!JenniDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I ate here for the first time and the food was excellent! Very Nicely chef prepared and excellent quality! The service was great, but it was not very busy (week night.). For us, there are too many chain restaurants in the West End, so this was a nice change and we will definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Pesce & VinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was delicious and well presented. Our server was attentive without being bothersome. We did think the prices were too high for the atmosphere. Diners were casually dressed in shorts, etc. Decor was nice but not for the price of the food. I appreciate the open view of the kitchen but not for the price of the food. We would return for lunch and try the caesar salad - it looked interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localguyVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we were very pleased. We had the salmon and sea bass and both were delicious. Our server was very attentive. We will come back for dinner on our next trip to Richmond.Special Features:
- Not your ordinary ItalianfoodhobbyistVIPDined on 8/3/2014Menu is heavy on unique well prepared Italian style seafood with some Italian standards also. Satisfactory and reasonably priced wine list. Modern interior and quiet. Service was attentive and efficient. Location isn't the best. We'll return and do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HenryFlaglerVIPDined on 7/26/2014A real surprise and a find. Excellent, fresh, authentic Italian and Italian-inspired seafood is the star here. Everything well prepared and plated. Attentive service. The shrimp appetizer is a bit spicy but there's plenty to it-almost an entree itself. We enjoyed simply grilled swordfish and tuna with grilled vegetables and asparagus wrapped in proscuitto. Everything perfect. There are places like this all over major cities but, to our knowledge, no others in Richmond. Family owned but stylish serving Italian cuisine without attitude or kitsch. A local spot that deserves a customer base across the city.
- First Time for LunchLoisVIPDined on 7/17/2014I have eaten here previously three times for dinner, and this was a business lunch for my guest. We both enjoyed the salad greens with tuna steak, and each tuna steak was cooked to our liking. My guest said she will return for dinner at a future date.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedgrassland2Dined on 7/1/2014Hidden in an otherwise uninteresting shopping mall, Pesce and Vino is worth a visit. Interesting and extensive menu. Savory, well-prepared food. Friendly, attentive service.Special Features:
- Sicilian Wonder!JayWDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant has a wonderful decor and quiet nature about it. It is elegant, but not over the top. They have recently printed new menus, and the choices are excellent. It is not too large, which makes for easy service. I enjoy coming here, and do so several times a week both at night and during the day! See you there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed expectations!OutandaboutrvaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The attentive, congenial staff, attractive ambiance, and delicious cuisine all made for a great dinner. The bartender even recommended a Vesper (James Bond) martini instead of my usual dirty martini...it was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food And AmbianceJohnVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have dined at Pesce and Vino many times since it opened. The menu is varied, delicious, and reasonably priced. Of particular interest are the grilled vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, squash, mushrooms) which is quite good. My favorite entre is the chicken milanese, which I order 9 times out of ten. Its delicious, and reminds me of German schnitzel in the way it is prepared. The quiet ambiance makes it wonderful for a single person dining, a couple, or a group. It is not a large place, but well decorated. I have been for lunch and dinner multiple times, and I am sold. Finally, the bread they bring to the table could be someone's meal! It is SOOOOOOOOO good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodTTGRAD94Dined on 5/11/2014The food was tasty, the portions were average (not too much, not too little), and the service was very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Pesce & Vino reviews archive.
- DebbieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Love the pesce du zuppa appetizer and really enjoyed the shrimp/salmon skewers as not in a heavy sauce. It was my husbands' bday so they decorated the plate for dessert which was nice (was hoping they would comp the dessert too but they didn't).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingRVAWmVIPDined on 4/27/2014Sunday night not withstanding, the place was almost empty at 6:45pm. Décor ultramodern yet inviting. Server was friendly and competent. Food overall was very good. A go to place? Not really. Yet a return might be warranted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mix of food and drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2014I had not been here before but I was very pleasantly surprised at the ambience. It has a nice upscale feel, definitely not typical italian restaurant. Very nice bar area. Menu is full of fish dishes, some pasta, and few meat dishes. Appetizers were well done - I had the greenshell mussels from new zealand which were terrifc. The linguini pescatore was very good, and a generous serving size fit for two. Wine menu good and reasonably priced. Server was comfortable with the menu and gave good recommendations. All in all, surprisingly comfortable to eat there. I'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time at this RestaurantLoisVIPDined on 3/19/2014Although the food was still very good, I thought the first time was better. I ordered the crab cakes this time and debated doing this since I had ordered them the previous time I dined there. The first time the crab cakes were filled with huge lumps of crab. This time, there were some fillers and not so much lump crab meat. The flavor was still very good even though the texture was different. Not sure what happened, but did notice this difference. All other three people enjoyed their meal; one had the fried flounder, and two had the seafood pasta special.Special Features:
- We had a large group of 15.EatBVIPDined on 3/15/2014We had a large group of 15. The service was a bit slow, but the food was delicious. We had a very good time at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great...service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014I love that P&V is in my neighborhood. The quality of the food is so far above anything else available nearby. But the service has got to be better. My first time there, we had to ask three people for the soup of the day. Friday night the server was just lacking. He could not get us water. He was disrespectful to the owner as though we weren't standing right in front of him. He did not know how to serve the wine. The restaurant has wine it the name, the wine has to be served correctly. It was really good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice dinner.MariehenDined on 2/28/2014We had a very nice dinner. The food was good and I enjoyed the chicken milanese. However, the chicken was my second choice. When I ordered the jumbo shrimp I was told they were out of shrimp. It would have been nice to know ahead of time. Also, my husband ordered the crab cakes and asked that they leave off the sauce. However when the waiter brought the crab cakes they had sauce. Although the waiter was apologetic by the time my husband got his crab cakes everyone else had finished.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner at Pesce & VinoLoisVIPDined on 2/23/2014This is a relatively new dining venue in the West End. We were having a birthday celebration and ordered the seafood skewer and the crabcakes. The skewer with salmon and veggies was very nice; the crabcakes were outstanding! We plan to return soon and try something else or maybe even the same item! We need to get the word out that this new location is a great find! Please go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food - both my husbandDebbieVIPDined on 2/13/2014Delicious food - both my husband and I had pesce di zuppa and pasta. House salad is generous portion and dressings are homemade. Bread delicious too. Service was excellent. I hope more people go to this restaurant so it stays open!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good but ifvinoVIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was very good but if you are looking for a quick meal, this is not the best place. Since every dish is freshly made, the kitchen seems to run into problems when everybody comes at the same time. The food is worth waiting for though, if you have the timeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in RichmondHughVIPDined on 2/4/2014It took me a while to find this restaurant on a dark, snowy night, but another customer was leaving as I entered and said "best restaurant in Richmond". I have not been to them all, but he may be right. Food was delicious. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and gracious cheffrequentdinerVIPDined on 1/31/2014The pasta special of germelli with crab and asparagus in champagne cream sauce was excellent. The portion was large enough that I had enough left over for 2 lunches. We enjoyed meeting the gracious chef and his wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pesce & VinoStuartDined on 1/30/2014Warmly greeted at the door; quickly seated; promptly served. Food was great & the noise level was such that we could talk easily! i certainly plan to return.Special Features:
- Casual Saturday NightJohnVIPDined on 1/25/2014The restaurant was full, and it was good we made reservations on Open-Table. I believe the restaurant wait staff was overwhelmed and found it difficult to provide service. From beginning too end was two hours. The appetizers and entre's are quite good. The owners are wonderful people, very polite and charming, and are visible throughout. The ambiance is beautiful. I will be back many times, but cautious about the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant!diamondgroupVIPDined on 1/12/2014We were there for the first time on Sunday with a group and they were very accommodating! The soup and sandwiches were excellent! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was new. CoupleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013Wait staff was new. Couple of mistakes. Food was great and presented very well.Special Features:
- It's still newRichmondDined on 12/4/2013My wife and I have enjoyed this new neighborhood "find". Don't worry about crowding as reservations really aren't needed. The food is tastefully prepared and you won't go away hungry. We brought my boss and not that she's a fussy diner, but expects a certain level of server proficiency which seeems to be lacking, i.e. don't rush the patrons! However, the owners/management need to find a way to get more traffic in. We're concerned they won't have enough business to pay the light bill.Special Features:
- DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2013Wonderful service. Waitress was a true gem. Food superb and great value. Intimate comfortable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentFoodLoverDined on 10/25/2013Love to try new restaurants & truly enjoy the compete dining experience. This was a disappointment for several reasons: the atmosphere was cool at best (room that felt larger than it was even with many diners due to bare walls, large space around tables, a very high ceiling & too few hanging lights that were too high to give enough light to read or reduce the impression of height). Menu offers very basic information about dishes, with little to no explanation of how food is prepared, taste, type of sauce or flavor and our server could not give us any additional insight. The food that arrived was boring, mostly bland and nothing special. Service was okay. For the total cost (about $100 for two with a couple of glasses of wine) way too high!!
- Went to P&G last Sat. night.CitizenmdDined on 10/12/2013Went to P&G last Sat. night. Only one other table was occupied. Menu broad with many. excellent choices. Beer $3-4! Salads were well presented and delicious. I enjoyed shrimp/salmon skewers - well cooked and perfectly seasoned. My wife's pasta and meat sauce was perfect! I hope more people appreciate what a fine gem this is!Special Features:
- This is a relatively new placeChaccofVIPDined on 10/4/2013This is a relatively new place with a large menu of Italian seafood specialties. This is not your typical heavy red sauce type of place. Very nice selection, nice atmosphere, could use a couple more non-seafood selections though.