Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
1201 First Street
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peohes.com/
- Phone: 6194374474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner & Sushi Bar: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm . 3 Hour Validated Parking!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Bland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Steel Drums Memorial Day through Labor Day
A word from Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant
Nestled on the water’s edge in the Coronado Ferry Landing Marketplace, Peohe’s offers breathtaking views of the downtown skyline & San Diego Bay, not to mention an exceptional menu and warm hospitality. Specializing in fresh tropical seafood dishes influenced by Pacific Rim flavors, Peohe’s also boasts a superb sushi bar featuring innovative rolls & new wave sushi creations. A modern new decor and the unparalleled views set the stage for an outstanding dining experience. Guests will enjoy the views through floor-to-ceiling windows or may choose al fresco dining available on the magnificent patio. Travel to Peohe’s via car over the scenic Coronado Bay Bridge, take a ferry or water taxi or moor your own vessel at the public dock.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peohe's – Coronado Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (236)great for outdoor dining (171)special occasion (164)romantic (121)great for lunch (60)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (53)great for brunch (40)neighborhood gem (39)kid-friendly (35)notable wine list (35)hot spot (21)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Just...perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This was a birthday brunch for a college friend, that included our respective families, and most of us were from out of town. Service was on point, despite having a group numbering over a dozen. The food was excellent, the views were awesome, and we all left feeling that money and time was well spent. Will definitely recommend and/or come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We went there for our anniversary. Great location - we sat outside, right on the water by the ferry landing. Delicious food - the sushi was wonderful, the filet was flavorful and tender enough to cut with a spoon. Mixed seafood grill was also delicious, but they should shell the shrimp. The ahi poke was tasty, but mostly seaweed and not so much ahi. The service was friendly but uneven - we had to wait a long time for some things, and we had to get up and go ask someone for plates for our sushi. Dinner took two hours, which was fine with us on this occasion. All in all, a very nice experience and we would go back.Special Features:
- BEAUTIFUL Waterfront Dining in SD!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to any friend, relative, visitor, etc. in San Diego. PEOHE'S IS A TRUE SAN DIEGO GEM! My sister introduced me and my Dad to Peohe's for his birthday dinner, and neither me nor my Dad (nor any of our other guests) were disappointed. Everything was wonderful! From the ambiance, to the incredible view, to the helpful and attentive wait staff - our experience was absolutely unforgettable! You bet I will be visiting here during my next San Diego vacation! Happy Dining Foodies!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryjaaRn0926Dined on 9/10/2014Celebrated our 10yr wedding anniversary at this place. Everything was perfect for the man that so picky. We loved the view. Delicious food. Service was very wonderful. I will definitely recommend to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Tuna!msAnnandaleVIPDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed a pleasant dinner at Peohe's with the highlight of the meal being the wonderful Ahi Tuna steak. It was perfectly prepared (rare) and our server kindly let us know that we could substitute the vegetables for rice or potato. We also had the sesame-encrusted salmon which was very good and served piping hot. The coconut shrimp appetizer unfortunately was not hot, but still tasty. If sitting outdoors recommend bringing a light jacket or wrap as it gets breezy in the evening.Special Features:
- Overpriced and poor serviceCbusConnoisseurDined on 9/5/2014For the price, the food was just average. It's obvious the price is more for the location (on the water) than for food quality. Our bill was over$100 for two people without alcoholic drinks! Portion size was minimal too. Service was lacking. They were not busy and took 10 minutes to get anyone to wait on us. When we were served, out server was obviously more concerned with a bigger party whose bill was larger and would give her a bigger tip. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a nice seafood dinner. There are better restaurants available in the area.
- Peohe's - Not worth the moneyVisitorFromSanDiegoDined on 9/5/2014I am taking Peohe's off my list of places for special occasions. The location and scenic view is still top notch, but the food was not worth the prices and the service was marginal at best. I took my wife for her birthday on a beautiful warm Friday evening at 6:30 PM and there was nobody there. It was almost eerie that it was so empty, I should have taken that as a sign that things have gone downhill. The food was fair, the most memorable food of the evening was the banana gelato dessert. Our waiter knew the menu very well, but was pushy with his recommendations, quick to push us for our selections and take plates. I felt rushed and not able to linger and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great for gluten freetbertDined on 9/3/2014Thank you thank you to mike for great service & knowing which dishes are g-free!! A perfect nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful water-side diningGracieDined on 9/1/2014Celebrated my birthday, sitting window-side with open windows. Lovely setting. Food was delicious and Kyle offered suggestions we would not have selected otherwise.Special Features:
- EastCountyMeatEaterDined on 9/1/2014We took our daughter and fiance here for a late lunch on Labor Day. Service was great! Food was delicious. There was an outdoor concert nearby so the music added to our enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great view of the harborPreciousVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was overall good. Prime rib good, chilean sea bass just ok, appetizer plate good, lava cake really good. Our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewDML718Dined on 8/31/2014We were seated in the open (but covered) section of the restaurant. Our waiter was very attentive and he took care of our table well. It took a while to get our entrees after they were ordered; but it was a busy nice for the restaurant and it was pretty full. The food was delicious and ranged from crab stuffed talipia, mahi-mahi with frangelico and bananas to a seafood salad. The only thing missing was the goat's cheese in the seafood salad.--otherwise the food was just about perfect. We passed on dessert as there was some waiting for us at home.Special Features:
- great, but...BACrticDined on 8/30/2014We have always used Peohe's as our SPECIAL night out place; anniversaries, etc. so when I hear my brother and his wife was in town, it was a simple choice. on this night, the staff was terrific, as always, even got us in early. The food was good - but for this price level, not great - and there is where the evening went south: the prices seemed to have jumped from the high level to the VERY expensive level, since the last time we visited. We did have a great outside table with a beautiful view of San Diego, but the prices will make this a once a year kinda place... too bad.Special Features:
- Unusually poor serviceezsnyDined on 8/30/2014I have eaten here many times before. The service this visit was unusually poor. We arrived about 6 minutes before our 6:00 PM reservation time. At 6:10 PM we still had not been seated. I waited several minutes for the hostess to get off the phone so I could ask her what the problem was. Eventually another hostess checked us in again, and around 6:13 PM we finally got seated. There were many empty tables, and so I'm guessing they were short-staffed. The table we were seated at was right by the kitchen, far from the scenic window views. When a waiter came we asked if we could move to an empty table right by the window, and he let us do so. Service during the meal was spotty, and I eventually had to find another waiter to get a dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service and mediocre foodMamaBearOCDined on 8/29/2014Waiter started out really on top of it &was very friendly, but as tables around us were filling up, we saw him less & less. We really just wanted our bill to get out of there, but it took probably over 30 minutes just for that. We were not checked upon within a reasonable time frame after we received our food. Our meal disappointed, as we have dined at several Chart House restaurants before, &for the price of the food, we really expected better quality. I was told my shrimp dish was going to be spicy, but it barely had any spice to it at all. The shrimp was dry & tough as well. Kids menu is mostly all fried food served with french fries. Fruit or steamed veggies would be a nice option, & a grilled protein.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceFoodieForLifeDined on 8/26/2014The server, Matt ignored us most of the time. Checked on the table behind us at least 3 times before he checked on us. Never received fresh bread even after we asked for it twice. We were never offered to order desserts, water was not refilled. Made the rest of the experience horrible. Now regretting tipping 15% !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Thought we'd get special treatment for friend's birthday but only got, "we have a birthday?" from the hostess and a 20 minute wait even with a reservation. The restaurant wasn't even 1/4 full so why did we wait? We ordered our food & the waitress didn't write it down, then came back 20 minutes later & said they were out of the Lobster Ravioli for the birthday girl. She didn't offer anything comperable, just told her to order something else. She also asked my other friend, "you had the tilapia, right?" - she had ordered the flanksteak. Took forever to get our food, thank God for 3hr parking validation! We are locals & now see why only unsuspecting tourists come here anymore, shame...it used to be fabulous in the early days. Never again!Special Features:
- Last VisitCarrie16VIPDined on 8/25/2014We have gone here many times but this is probably the last time. We arrived early but didn't get seated until 15 minutes after our reservation time! This always seems to be the case. Once we were seated and ordered, it took forever for the good to come out. The waitress was doing what she could but said they were understaffed. It was my dad's birthday and we didn't get to celebrate because we were there for almost three hours!
- Best view on CoronadoPeteDined on 8/24/2014The view at night of downtown is incredible. The sushi is top notch. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Off Nightth2946Dined on 8/24/2014Must have been an off night because the last time I dined there with clients it was fabulous. My wife ordered sea bass which came to the table soggy and mushy. We sent that back and requested a filet mignon and they brought a sirloin. My sushi was very good but my wife had a below par experience which was unfortunate as we were celebrating our 37 year anniversary of our first date.Special Features:
- GrandcpilotDined on 8/24/2014Our experience was 5 Star all the way around. A very wonderful evening in a very enchanting spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous viewAngelicaDined on 8/22/2014Great food, great service, unbelievable view of San Diego! We went mostly because we wanted to dine on the water, but were pleasantly surprised by food selection, atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peohe'sNumber2Dined on 8/22/2014We had lunch there and everything was wonderful. We enjoyed the scenery and had fun with the waiter too!!Special Features:
- Excuisite food and viewScenicdiningDined on 8/21/2014My husband Rick and I enjoyed a fabulously delicious and romantic dinner.Special Features:
- great againfpccmlDined on 8/21/2014Always a great experience. An evening on the bay front with great view, food, service and sunset reflecting off the San Diego skyline. Everyone should be so lucky to have this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2014Even with a reservation, we had to wait over 30 minutes. When we were finally seated the restaurant was at best half full. Food was ok, but service definitely lacking.Special Features:
- Hmmmlovegoodfood1962Dined on 8/18/2014The view is fantastic. The food however, was not very good. Out of all the items we ordered, I would have to say the albacore sushi roll was the best. Between the four of us, we had the flank, the swordfish and the seared ahi entrees. Our server was great in the beginning, but after we got our meal he never checked back in with us. By the time he did, we had finished our meals and were ready for our bill.Special Features:
- VeggiesNot2badDined on 8/18/2014The seed-coated salmon was good but the veggies under the fish were bad news. Kind-of a mush. I would have preferred lightly steamed and fresher. These looked and tasted like they were left-overs from three days ago. Looked terrible and tasted worst. Would not order THAT dish again. Had several bites from my husband's beef sandwich. NOW THAT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!! Dessert was a 10 star!!!!!! Coffee great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014The server might be new. He did not bring us bread until our lunch was arrived and I asked that we never got the bread. I have been there many times and used the wi-fi before. I forgot the password. He said he would ask the manager, but never got back to me. We have to look for him for drink refills. Customers at two other tables were not happy with him either.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Food were so dry, abd the service was so poor, we were given bread together with our main course. Will never come to this testaurant agsin. I had vusitors from other countries and was so excited to show them d place as well as the food, but we were so disappointed!!!
- Unprofessional and overratedDapperGentDined on 8/16/2014Arrived at 6:30 PM Saturday evening for 6:30 reservation. We were told it would be 15 more minutes. Had to remind them at 7:00 we were still waiting. They completely dropped us. Had to send a steak back for being undercooked. Another entree was cold. Also had someone else's bar tab added to our bill. Our waiter promptly fixed the latter two issues, but still should not happen at this caliber of restaurant. Got the distinct impression this restaurant thinks it can survive on its wonderful bay views and not the service. First and last time there for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The waiter was nice but overall the experience was not good. It was our 35th wedding anniversary and we were hoping for a better experience. First, we didn't receive our appetizer (salads came and we were told they forgot), my wife's seared ahi was stringy and not good, the wine was never brought to the table and no one came by so that we could ask until we were done with the meal. Our outside heater was never turned on because they tried and needed a lighter and they didn't come back until we were almost done with the evening. The waiter seemed to have too many tables to deal with. We never saw any management in the restaurant. We will not return.
- food yes...service noOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was prepared expertly and seasoned perfectly. The crab cakes and oysters were right on point. The Filet was cooked as requested as well as the Halibut with banana almond sauce. Cocktails were deliciously delivered. ...albeit a 30 minute wait! Waiter was awesome but had no support.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = okayNADOplayerDined on 8/13/2014Everything was going well: service, atmosphere and especially the friends. The food was less than what we had expected for the cost. In particular the sea food was way overcooked (we had lobster, crab, and two other seafood dishes). The vegetables were overcooked, and some plates came out where the food was barely warm. The plates had to be returned, which really off-set the rest of the dinner. What made this surprising was that it was a slow night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Dining ExperiencewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/13/2014Here's the deal, we know the area well and planned out a special evening. We took a short ferry ride from downtown SD to Coronado. Peohe's offers excellent views in a very relaxing, yet upscale atmosphere. Due to the big windows, all tables have views. Our window table was perfect, but note that some diners prefer outdoor seating. Our server, Darren was excellent. We enjoyed a lovely bottle of Far Niente, reasonably priced. While the menu offer some really wonderful seafood preparations, we chose to order PuPu's and Sushi Rolls. Every item we ordered was delicious. Darren paced things perfectly, no rush. The macadamia nut ice cream dessert was worth every calorie and then some. YUM. Our ferry ride back was lovely under the stars.
- Delicious with million dollar viewMissjanetVIPDined on 8/11/2014Peohe's is a perfect place to take out of town visitors or to just capture the San Diego view for yourself. The food and service are top notch with a wonderful selection of choices. Mango mojito was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewLiveslocallyDined on 8/10/2014The place was packed so service was spotty - there for special occasion - tool a long time to get food and no one ordered chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchen and novice serverdenverdinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Disappointing 50th anniversary dinner set up for my parents and family, including several kids. While the server was sure to get our lava cake preorder from us (20 min prep), we were over two hours to get our cold entrees. Nothing like a 13 year old asking if the shrimp is supposed to be served hot or cold. The server never acknowledged any issue even after we chased down the manager on several occasions. Been to lots of Charthouse restaurants, would stay away from this one. View was very nice.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceUnsatisfiedcustomerDined on 8/9/2014Service was awful. We had a 6:30 reservation and were seated about 6:25. Did not get served until after 8:00pm and had three kids with us who were starving. Waited over 30 minutes to pay our bill. Management did nothing when we called him over to complain. This was our fourth time at this restaurant and unfortunately our last.Special Features:
- Beuatiful ViewsYorktownManVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and beautiful views. This is a great place.Special Features: