110 Vintage Park Blvd.
Houston, TX 77070Neighborhood:
South AfricanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pelipeli.com/
- Phone: 2812579500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, South African
- Executive Chef: Paul Friedman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Peli Peli offers outside catering for weddings and social events as well as 2 private rooms that seat up to 40 and 120, respectively.
For more information please email our event coordinator, Dana Reeves, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Take the "Tour of South Africa" our unique culinary dining experience that will take you through our most popular appetizers, entrees and dessert for a one-of-a-kind South African experience!
A word from Peli Peli
Peli Peli is an award-winning South African fusion concept that features steak, chicken and seafood cuisine by Chef Paul Friedman. 2013 Award Winner for Top 100 Best-Reviewed Restaurants in the US (Opentable). 2013 Chef of Chefs Award Winner (Wine & Food Week). Currently ranked #4 out of 7,135 Houston Restaurants on tripadvisor.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Peli Peli - Best Restaurants in Spring ›
Peli Peli reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (202)fit for foodies (147)romantic (135)neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (81)notable wine list (71)hot spot (69)great for lunch (67)great for outdoor dining (65)great for brunch (60)late-night find (33)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- A+ ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014A best friend recommended Peli Peli for dinner as a treat for my visiting mother. This could not have been more perfect as the service was professional, courteous, and attentive, the food was magnificent, and the Executive Chef is very social and friendly. The cuisine itself is VERY good...well above average. EVERYONE enjoyed our dining experience at Peli Peli. I look forward to returning...Special Features:
- ExcellentCulinaryadventureDined on 9/19/2014I took my son and his wife to dinner at Peli Peli. The staff was exceptional from the moment we arrived. We were 30 minutes late due to traffic but the hostess found us a great table with very little wait. The food was delicious. We choose the tasting menu which gave us a taste of many of their specialties. Exceptional from appetizers to desert!Special Features:
- Nice, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014It was way too LOUD for our taste. The food was great but we could barely hear each other and we were seated next to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchFOODSDined on 9/15/2014I have been here a few times for Dinner and it is always GREAT. It is also a great place for lunch and a business meeting.Special Features:
- Best joint in townFatgurlDined on 9/13/2014I've been a frequent customer of peli peli and it's the best food that money can buySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeromanticDined on 9/13/2014Everything from our setting and dinner was an awesome experience. We have visited several times and each time the experience has been terrific. Thank you for such a wonderful place to eat and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and awesome ambianceNikeDined on 9/12/2014My dining experience at Peli Peli was amazing!!! from the cocktail, food, ambiance and staff. we were visiting Houston for a wedding and decided to stop by Peli Peli and have a romantic dinner with my husband. I will go back to Peli Peli every time I am in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unique foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The food was beyond excellence. We enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Fantastic! Agree with TripAdvisor #1 Rating Service and food were superiorSpecial Features:
- JagwireDined on 9/11/2014Great food!!! Great Service we are always happy with Peli-PeliSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014Great service. Champagne brought to table as anniversary thank you. Great food & service through out the mealSpecial Features:
- InterestingHoustonHappy25Dined on 9/9/2014Food was interesting and tasty. Steaks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We celebrated my daughter's 60 birthday there. The food was scrumptious, the atmosphere was nice and our server was sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulKeyGripWifeDined on 9/8/2014Perfect for date night. Service and food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnlaDined on 9/7/2014The food was EXCELLENT!!! We cleaned out our plates. THe waitstaff was very courteous and service was great! I definitly give this place very high marks, and have plans on visiting again in the near future.Special Features:
- Food is always excellenttingrinDined on 9/7/2014Typically the service is excellent. I did not like the change in uniforms or the change in the menu presentation. The paper menus look cheap and dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but lost our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014They seated us quickly, but had no record of our Open Table reservation (luckily I still had the confirmation on my phone).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant had great food, a fun atmosphere and a very helpful staff. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good great service!!!!MartinezDined on 9/6/2014We had the best waiter "Austin" our first time at Peli Peli he recommended some great entrees....not to mention the food and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Delectable dishes. Can't wait to go back! We had the stuffed mushrooms, bobotie, plum salad, curried veggies and the lamb! My tastebuds were doing the happy dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at Its BestmomofqpDined on 9/5/2014Peli Peli is an awesome place to dine. It has just the perfect ambiance, food selections and service. We have only experienced the very best of fine dining on each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAndreDined on 9/5/2014Our server was very knowledgeable and observant; one of our party does not drink alcohol and he made sure her dessert on the tasting menu did not have any. We look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatParker121212Dined on 9/5/2014Perfect. With great service. It's was a wonderful experience and actually already planned another date there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a treatgourmayVIPDined on 9/5/2014We normally have dinner at Peli Peli, but had lunch here on this occasion. Same great food - the place was packed inside.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceSuemarie59Dined on 9/1/2014We have been wanting to dine there for quite a while and found the service (Austin) wonderful and very informative even knowing the new wines that were just brought in. The steaks were cooked to perfection and amazingly tender. I love the bacon on top of the steak.Special Features:
- Wonderful!FANTASTICDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Peli-Peli on multiple occasions. The food does not disappoint - ever. Chef Paul has created a menu of wonderful flavors - nothing like any "corporate" steak house or seafood restaurant. The wine selection is sure to please and I understand they are making some changes to that list. We chose the Houston restaurant week menu and were not disappointed. It is hard to put into the words the experience of flavors that are always delights. Leave the kids at home, please; this restaurant is designed for adult enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great Food but Evening FizzledFizzledDined on 8/31/2014First, let me say the food is fabulous. Uniquely different and very tasty. Secondly, we booked our table well in advance and noted one of our couples was celebrating their 34th anniversary. We also told our waiter, J.D., when we arrived and nothing was mentioned or done. They could have put a candle in the dessert or something to acknowledge the couple but didn't. We were disappointed and told the couple we had told the restaurant about he event and kept hoping it would be acknowledged but it didn't work out as expected (and this was a Sunday evening too). Details are important so if you are just having dinner, the food is wonderful but if you're expecting attentive service, don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Hundreds of great restaurants in Houston. So decision often comes done to also expecting great service and reasonable prices. Peli Peli is one Houston restaurant that never disappoints in all areas. Every meal is a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- first visitMiabella130Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went for my birthday on Saturday 8/30/2014. We had a reservation for 6:15 but was not seated until around 6:45. The food was wonderful we really enjoyed it, but our waiter not so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peli Peli never fails to pleaseMaryjomDined on 8/30/2014Our group of 7 was seated in a back room - which was quiet initially - and which was just fine for us. The food and service were both superb. The only complaint - if I have to have one - was that the portion sizes are too large. We all ate far more than we should have - and not in a good way.Special Features:
- Great Find.....TAZ247Dined on 8/29/2014This is my "um-teenth" time at Peli Peli's and it gets better each time. This time I tried the Carrot Ginger Soup. It was flavorful and not to heavy. The estenpada was great, as usual. (I like the fact this restuarant is consistent). A good portion of beef with four sides. Ok, the carrot potatoes were not my fav (a bit bland for my taste). However, the sauteed spinach was the best. Great wine list, we tried the S.A. Cabrenet this time and it was a wonderful selection with the meat. Everyone from the hostess to the waitstaff was courteous and attentive. I brought (3) new people to the restaurant and they all wewre blown away by the experience. Looking forward to the Galleria opening!!!!Special Features:
- Always a great meal & great serviceFoodieabouttownDined on 8/28/2014Peli Peli never disappoints. The food is always delicious and the service is wonderful. A friend and I had the HRW menu and at the suggestion of the waiter, tried the sticky toffee pudding. I am not usually a fan of these kinds of desserts (I'm more of a cheesecake/crème brulee kind of person) but this dessert changed my mind! It was amazing. Peli Peli will always be a place I visit time and time again.Special Features:
- YesPetwickDined on 8/28/2014Loved Peli Peli and am excited that they are opening up in Galleria. Great dining experience for all in the party!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDoyleTDined on 8/25/2014Great food with unique combinations and spices. The Kingsklip fish was FANTASTIC! The ONLY complaint is the noise level because the tables are very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday CelebrationDuaneDined on 8/24/2014The food and service was awesome! Perfect place to celebrate a special birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies1Dined on 8/24/2014The place was great but I shouldn't order Bobotie pie for appetizer and Bobotie crepe for entree since I don't like raisins and both dishes were too sweet for me especially with the mango salsa on top. Anyway, i like the place with nice ambiance. Not sure if I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excitingFitHoustonFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This was my second time dining here with my boyfriend who introduced it to me last summer. This place really pushes you to branch out and try new things, which I love doing, but always have a hard time not going for tried and true favorites at a usual spot. That's why this place is so good because you most likely haven't tried half the things on the menu! I had the sea bass with the carrot bredie and sautéed spinach; and gumbo to start. All incredibly diverse and flavorful. We shared the bacon wrapped scallops which is always a crown pleaser. Then we both had our own sticky toffee pudding because it is too amazing to share!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeMrsWilliamTaylorVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Tastes of Africa plate was tasty....wings were spicy. .. Dont recommend stuffed mushrooms as they were really small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We went to your restaurant for a send off before my daughter left for Germany and had great food and a great time! The waiter was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Houston!lovetodineDined on 8/23/2014I was so surprised with Peli Peli. South African fusion at its best, I honestly think this in the top 5 best restaurants in Houston.Special Features: