Peachtree Southern Kitchen and Cocktails
200 N. Main Street
Hudson, OH 44236Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Peachtree Southern Kitchen and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peachtreesouthernkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2343801789
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Matthew Mathlage
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Chef Matthew Mathlage to plan your event and menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Peachtree features 2 private rooms. One is upstairs with seating for 50. Includes a fireplace and a private bathroom. The second room is on the lower level. Featuring seating for 30.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Dietrich 2343801789
A word from Peachtree Southern Kitchen and Cocktails
Peachtree Southern Kitchen & Cocktails is located in a historic building in the First & Main Shopping Dist of Hudson, Ohio. Under the expert guidance of Chef/Owner Matthew Mathlage, Peachtree will feature a modern twist to traditional Southern cooking. Peachtree serves Lunch and Dinner, 7 days a week. Brunch on Sunday. Peachtree also features 2 private rooms for events and parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Peachtree Southern Kitchen and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Hudson ›
Peachtree Southern Kitchen and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (11)romantic (11)special occasion (10)good for groups (8)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Went for buttermilk chicken but they were out of it! Was told it was because it was 9:00(our reservation was for 8:30 & we were on time) and because they used to have the chicken one night a week but now its every night. Menu very limited. Left without ordering
- great southern foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Our server, Sissy, was wonderful. The complementary corn muffins & butter was a nice touch. The muffins were not dry. We ordered orange spiced pecans to start but were disappointed as the nuts were oily and lacking in flavor- couldn't really detect the orange or the spice. Everything else was delicious. I ordered the blackened catfish - moist & perfectly seasoned. My husband ordered the buttermilk fried chicken, which he thought was excellent. Our server warned us that the veggie sides of both our dishes (collard greens, green beans) had ham in them and they were able to make a side of asparagus for both of us as we do not eat pork. Also enjoyed the cheddar grits, but found the peach cobbler too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but overpriced.BadlandsDined on 10/11/2014All dinner entrees are over $20. This is a bit much for a meal such as fried chicken.Special Features:
- Very fine and unlike any otherPaladinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014We visited Peachtree in its first few weeks and found it to be solid but not yet clicking on all cylinders. This past weekend, however, showed just how far the place has come in its first few months. Each course was truly delicious - especially the fried green tomatoes first plate and the bacon wrapped pork loin. Cocktails are creative - though I would like to see a little broader selection of less sweet options - but that is just my personal taste. Our server was attentive and friendly on a busy Saturday evening. The dining room is intimate here on the main floor, so private conversations aren't the easiest - just know that in advance. But if you're looking for a restaurant that is truly different and delicious, Peachtree is the ticket.Special Features:
- Nice MealCnpDINEDined on 9/19/2014The food was really good! Drinks were a little strong/ sour and wait staff and food came out slow. Overall a great experience and we would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better last timeA1b2Dined on 9/15/2014I was looking forward to Burger Night. A past experience on their patio for happy hour was delightful. This evening, however, wasn't anywhere as nice. Despite having only two or three other tables occupied at 8:15, our food was disappointing. The cheese was skimpy on the bean burger which was just okay. Much happier with the Meatball Burger. We also ordered the rosemary fries which were charred, missing rosemary flavor and too few for a $3 side. Given that this place needs to fill tables, you would have expected them to try to wow us as word of mouth goes a long way in a town where there's already many other fun and trendy dining establishments. Their cornbread IS fabulous, and service quite good but not enough to carry the evening.
- chicken and wafflesAmeliaVIPDined on 9/7/2014I really was looking forward to this dish but it did not live up to expectations. The chicken was not a piece of chicken but little piecess of chicken with more breading than chicken. The chicken was dry and there were very few pieces. The only saving grace in the meal was the beignets. The $14 charge for the Chicken and Waffles was definitely overpriced considering that there was hardly any chicken.
- First time theirdogsrusDined on 8/23/2014Great food great service will go back again services was outstanding we loved the music that was playing in the background we will tell our friends about your place.Special Features:
- Creative southern!NYCvisitVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a find! The service staff was attentive, professional, and evidently well trained. We sat inside, but the outdoor patio is quite attractive and will be a request of ours upon our next visit. Inside, the decor is pleasant with an active bar and divided dining room. The food offerings are varied and offer some unique creations based upon typical southern meals consisting of Po Boys, collard greens, shrimp and grits, and fried chicken. Yet, you will find several healthy options with a southern twist like blackened catfish, roasted chicken and some attractive salads. We were so impressed with our meals that we asked some questions on preparation which the server and host promptly responded back after consulting with the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancynancyDined on 8/15/2014Very nice menu with lots of choices from snack & small plates to soup/salads and entrees. Impressive drink and wine list. Service was friendly, knowledgable and efficient. She crab soup is a must-try. Absolutely yummy! Shrimp and grits delicious and a nice portion. Small inviting patio, warm bar area. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencethebergsterDined on 8/15/2014I had a great experience with my date at Peachtree Southern Kitchen. First time and loved every aspect. Delicious food that any foodie would appreciate. The cocktails were perfect. I had a Peach Tea Julep and she the Peachtree Margarita. Both were quite delicious. For starters, we tried the Spicy Chicken Cracklins and Catfish Tots. Both were very, very good. The spice on the cracklins is hot, so do be aware when ordering. For dinner I had the BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwhich and she had the Shrimp and Grits. My sandwhich was massive and I loved every bite. She has been in the South many times and this was her favorite dish to order when visiting. She thought Peachtree's take was one of the best. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014A good and surprising find. Menu different and diverse and a good change from the same old, same old.Special Features:
- Creative menuA1b2Dined on 8/11/2014We dined here for "burger nite" and we're very please with our choices. Even though there is a limited selection for the $$ special, there was lots of variety and some flexibility. Delicious fries and garlic aoli. Pleasant and attentive service. Previously we've come for happy hour on the patio and have brought new friends. Good new offering for quiet Hudson.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Chicken & waffle very good but would like the choice of having the maple syrup on the side or on the waffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a GroupmrossDined on 7/30/2014I had never been to Peachtree before and made an online reservation for 7 people. A few days before our dinner date, I had to call and double the number of people on our reservation. The staff member who took my call was very friendly about it and said they would be able to accommodate. They sat us in a room upstairs that we had to ourselves (it was a Wednesday evening). The service was great and everyone in our group raved about their food (to name a few of the orders: Wednesday night fried chicken special, blackened chicken, catfish, etc.). I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014Menu, a little southern low country, which I love. Food was very tasty and appealing. Wednesday is fried chicken night WOWSpecial Features:
- Too upscale for its own goodJohnnyHighGroundDined on 7/26/2014The food at Peachtree, while inconsistent, was above average. The prices, unfortunately, were significantly more above average. I see what Peachtree is trying to do: a refined, foodie take on Southern cuisine. In places, it works; the drizzle of honey and dunk of Sriracha with the chicken cracklings is interesting and effective, for example. But in other places, that refinement strips the food of its character. Using thin-sliced sirloin (rather than cube steak) for the chicken-fried steak renders it tough and overdone-tasting, and the delicate seasonings in breading and gravy alike leaves the dish terribly bland. It doesn't help that the decor is similarly flavorless -- a particular shame given the history of the building.Special Features:
- Must TryRockerDined on 7/16/2014Ate here for lunch on patio. Very nice. Good food, good service. DEFINATELY recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great surprise !EMSinCLEDined on 7/12/2014A very different kind of food and drink menu, not particularly healthy, but very tasty food.Special Features:
- A Nice ChangeCurley888VIPDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the restaurant. Menu has a nice variety with modern updates on the traditional southern fare. Gluten free options and healthy choices available as well. Creative food and drink menu. Sandwiches, salads, and entrees available for dinner choices. Kid friendly as well. Casual restaurant. Adds a nice variety to the area. Would visit again.Special Features:
- Excellant! The service,the food!mickeyjDined on 7/12/2014There were 4 in my party and everyone was happy with the evening! We will be returning and telling our friends about our great time and the exceelant food at the peachtree!Special Features:
- A modern twist on southern classicsRedBird011Dined on 7/9/2014First visit to Peachtree. Started with chicken cracklins - what is better than deep friend chicken fat with a drizzle of honey and hot sauce? Fried green tomatoes - three delicious slices, pricey for just three. I could/should have stopped there. Wednesday was chicken night ... quite possibly the best fried chicken I have ever eaten. Potatoes and southern style green beans were tasty but after tomatoes and chicken, I was more than full. We shared pecan pie with unsweetened whipped cream for dessert. Pleasant server. Modern black and white decor inside. Nice drinks menu. By all means go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peachtree is peachy!goodiefoodieDined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious, well-presented, more adventurous than we had anticipated, and the service was excellent. The cocktails were outstanding. The only disappointment was dessert. The benets were doughy and heavy and tasteless and the chocolate moose (sp?) had an odd flavor. But the pecan pie was to die for. Thank you for a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableHartfeltDined on 6/27/2014Greeted by a friendly staff who is consistent during the stay to make sure everything is ok and is accommodating. Good food with a different variety instead of the same menu items you see at most other places. It seems food is prepared healthy so if needing to add anything for your desire it affords you that opportunity. Very nice community and appears it has frequent regular customers that says a lot to the establishment being a welcomed neighborhood restaurant. The drinks are good too! Taste and see for yourself for an overall good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Southern GemboboVIPDined on 6/27/2014Pleasant and informative server, great menu and very tasty southern cuisineSpecial Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Peachtree Southern Kitchen and Cocktails reviews archive.
- lovetotrynewfoodDined on 6/22/2014We were very excited to try the different foods being offered. We don't often eat out, so we wanted to get the most out of the dining experience. We started with the peach beer and pear martini. We ordered the shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, catfish bites, oyster po'boy sandwich and the chicken and biscuits sandwich. We loved everything! The drinks were awesome and the food was great. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great BrunchMarkVIPDined on 6/15/2014Had a great Father's Day brunch with my family - the food was excellent, the service was great, and the Bloody Mary's were killer!Special Features:
- Southern Breakfast.1SusieSusieDined on 6/15/2014Father's Day breakfast was our first visit to this restaurant. In spite of the restaurant being busy that morning, our server was very professional but at the same time friendly. We were immediately served two warm corn muffins. We waited a bit for our food. When the food arrived it was nice & warm. Biscuits with gravy were very good - just enough gravy (if you do not like tons of gravy) to cover the biscuits along with the eggs & potatoes. The menu is varied without being overwhelming - from chicken w/ waffles to morning burgers to the standard breakfast meal. Looking forward to coming back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Peach Tree SouthernNRizzoVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great food I'm glad this came up on opentable - something new to try we would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best entree I've ever had. for realOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Cajun shrimp pasta and ham. Wowzers. Absolutely excellent. And smoked wings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting first visitA1b2Dined on 6/9/2014Liked the food and the opportunity to dine outside in Downtown Hudson. Cornbrespad brought to table was delicious but only one small muffin a piece which given slower kitchen an extra piece or two would have been nice. Food was hot and well presented. Not really set up to bring food to outdoor tables easily but servers were up to task pen joyed the burger night special. Will most likely return to try other offerings.Special Features:
- GREAT LOCAL FAVORITEjeninhudsonDined on 6/7/2014hudson has a new choice in dining out... menu inventive, ingredients fresh, staff friendly, plus good wine! southern cooking with a gastronomic flairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem of a restaurantlmelDined on 6/6/2014From their imaginative "Peach" web site, to the crisp, inviting looking decor of the restaurant, to the hostess at the front door & the excellent servers….and of course, the amazing menu…everything was great. There are so many yummy sounding items on the menu, we had trouble making up our minds. We all loved what we ordered & are looking forward to our next visit. Peachtree is a terrific addition to Hudson !Special Features:
- Happy hourdiner2013VIPDined on 6/3/2014Three of us went to Happy Hour on a Tuesday. We sat in the bar area to take advantage of the $5 drink & app menu. Nice choices of drinks; they also had $ off wine & drafts. Good selection of beer. The happy hour food portions were ample! We're glad we each ordered something different to share! I would order any of these food items again, except for the veggie burger. Although a regular portion, it was not what we expected- loose & grainy. Flavor lacking. The atmosphere was nice. There's a patio with tables & a seating area that had a small group gathered. That evening we didn't see diners, just a busier bar area. We'd like to return to try items from the regular menu! Nice addition to Hudson's First & Main shopping & dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve SOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014Our server was excellent and the food was as well. Nice find.Special Features:
- Excellent menueriggleDined on 5/28/2014Happened in on a Wednesday night and they had a fried chicken special. 3 day process and was an incredible fried chicken - well worth stopping in on a Wednesday for. Server was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- Very good food for lunch!KStowDined on 5/24/2014Very good food that taste fresh! Also many healthy options for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first time experienceHopefulDined on 5/16/2014We are not huge fans of Southern cooking but we were pleasantly surprised. Menu items were unique and well prepared and as we eyed the table next to us and asks "what is that?" we already have plans for what to order the next time. Portions are generous so ordering an appetizer and a "first" or sharing an entree are options to consider. We were so full we did not have a chance to try dessert. We want to go back for the Wed night special of Southern Fried Chicken which is reputed to be awesome and also the Sunday Brunch. Nice outdoor patio to try and the bar was packed. There is an upstairs that can accommodate groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteCjonesDined on 5/10/2014We had dinner with some friends on Saturday night and everything we ordered was delisious. Because it was our first time and we didn't know what to order we ordered three appitizers a couple meals and some sides and all split so that we could find our favotites. keep in mind it is not your every day food selection so if you don't like to try new things then the Peachtree is not for you. However, if you like unique food that will keep you coming back, then you will love it.Special Features:
- hellomrnickDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I were very excited to try this place since we both love southern cooking and were not disappointed. The shrimp and grits were extraordinary. I will go back just for that dish. I had the crab cakes with red beans and rice which were good, not great. The beignets were good, a nice treat since you don't find beignets around here. I also fell in love with the Sprecher Brewery's hard root beer which they have on draft. We'll certainly be going back for a second visit.I would recommend this to a friend.