Patrick's Restaurant - Maple Grove
12489 Elm Creek Blvd
Maple Grove, MN 55369Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Patrick's Restaurant - Maple Grove
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.patricksbakerycafe.com/
- Phone: (763) 420-7770
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bernet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Patrick's Restaurant - Maple Grove
Patrick's Restaurant and Bakery features the best of French and American cuisine. Located in the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes, the restaurant offers a warm and inviting atmosphere with a selection of the finest pastries available in the Twin Cities. The menu offers Coq au vin, Beef Bourguignon, Steak Frites and Escargot. But classics alone do not make up Patrick's menu. Grilled Salmon, Sea Bass and other coastal selections are available to tantalize your taste buds. Start and finish your dining experience with a tarte flambé, as an appetizer or dessert. A taste of Alsace awaits you. Prefer something a little lighter? Try one of our many creative salads. Patrick's famous Patou burger is a fabulous choice, just one taste of the Patou burger and you are instantly taken away to Paris. Patrick's also offers a wonderful selection of French and California wines, creative cocktails and rich coffees. Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Patrick's is an experience that always leaves you wanting more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Patrick's Restaurant - Maple Grove - Best Restaurants in Maple Grove ›
Patrick's Restaurant - Maple Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Decent food, a bit overpriced, decent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We've done Patrick's for brunch and lunch, but never dinner. Waitress was friendly and attentive, but the kitchen got one of our entrees wrong twice (wrong potatoes, then missing veg). Steak bland in and of itself, but pepper sauce with it was very flavorful. Fries were delicious. We also had filet over potatoes with bearnaise, the sauce again was a highlight. The best component of the meal was a creme brulee with chocolate ganache on the bottom, which we would definitely recommend. The biggest difficulty for Patrick's seems to be its identity. It's part fine dining, part patisserie, part bar, part indoor-sidewalk-cafe. It doesn't quite hit the mark for any one of them fully, but is certainly passable for all -- at least, for dinner, assuming the prices fit your budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food/out of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014I ordered the chicken puff pastry (pot pie). It was Luke warm at best and not that good. Two people I my party were unable to get their first choice because you were sold out! Our service was very good though.
- great food bad managementmrsespressoDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful variety of food and very delicious. They have all types of drinks including espresso which impressed me! Unfortunately our server was also the bartender. She was wonderful until the bar got busy and she couldnt get away to check on us. But that is management's fault. Why would you only have two bartenders and also make them serve tables?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maple Grove "Must Try"Finicky1Dined on 11/1/2014My husband & I had a date night for the first time in over a year since having kids & really enjoyed ourselves. The ambiance is cozy even with the bakery in the middle & surprisingly it isn't weird nor does it take away from the wine bar / nice restaurant feel. It's a great balance between casual & special occasion. We enjoyed the walleye as it was prepared very well & the Coq au Vin was tasty even if a bit dry; the sauce was key for that dish. The gratin dauphins (layered potatoes) were excellent! The service was great too. Our server was knowledgeable & provided useful information about the way items were prepared which helped us make good food selections. Patrick's is a great place for upscale food in MG and we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Understaffed during busy hoursOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Normally have a great experience so I don't want to hold this visit against them, but it took 30 minutes just to get 2 hot chocolates and then another 15 for a coffee and a water. Finally got our food after about 1 1/2 hours after being seated. Glad we brought snacks for our toddler or he would have gone crazy from hunger.Special Features:
- Skip This OneHUGEFANDined on 10/29/2014Great idea for a restaurant(Bakery/Bar/Restaurant-French)- from the concept and location- but miserably failed. Despite great service, the food was bad. We each had a $20.00 meal that tasted like it was microwaved from frozen- bland and mushy. Very disappointing. Best part was the Happy Hour price on the wine and our friendly server.
- ConvenientRockyVIPDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I went to a movie and this was just a walk across the parking lot. Very friendly all around. Our server was great,but he told us his name about 5 times- not necessary. We had a tarte,which is pizza- very good. We were too full for dessert so we passed,but at an earlier visit I had a dessert. They at individual sized and super yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second chance paid offchamplinfoodiesDined on 10/13/2014I decided to give this place one more chance because my husband hadn't been there yet, and a friend really likes it. Well, the service this time was actually like a normal restaurant: they didn't lose our reservation, they gave us the happy hour prices during happy hour, the server refilled our drinks, and didn't vanish for 20 minutes or more. The food was very good (we skipped dessert, as I've been disappointed more than once at this bakery); the cod was excellent, and my husband really enjoyed the brisket sandwich. Fries were great!
- Birthday lunchRockyVIPDined on 10/13/2014A group of came to celebrate my cousins birthday. We stayed almost 2 hours and we never felt rushed or ignored. Our server was great and was very attentive and patient. Desserts were way to good!!!! Large variety to pick from- individual sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chris frantzcmfrantzmnDined on 10/10/2014I have been here a couple of times. Food it good desserts are even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitBdaydinerDined on 10/1/2014Menu was simple and food was tasty. Dined With 3 friends. Desserts were excellent. Choc raspberry cake and Ryan's cake were so good! Bought a couple to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!LotsofeatsDined on 9/28/2014I love Patrick's! It is always delicious. Patrick's as a kind and caring staff that go above and beyond to help you. The food is always amazing and the atmosphere is wonderful. The desserts are absolutely hands down amazing! They look fancy and taste wonderful! A bonus is they are very reasonably priced!!! Try the Passion Cake!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuacklightnsweetDined on 9/27/2014The duck was fabulous. I was looking for something lighter. Duck is not so light, but the pilaf was amazing:-) I left room for the chocolate custard.Fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent freshly prepared foodHomecookDined on 9/26/2014Food was awesome. Happy Maple Grove finally has a NON-chain restaurant. Had sea-bass, French onion soup, Ryan's cake for dessert, would have it all again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Celebrated a birthday with friends. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I travel a lot to Europe, and this reminds me of some of the restaurants in Belgium. Excellent food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Found a new favoriteBridgetDined on 9/18/2014The food was very good. Great menu selections. Portions were generous. I had the scallop and shrimp pasta and my friend had the burger. The crab cake appetizer came with a small salad as well. Overall we had a very nice meal. Would also be a great place to go for a dessert.Special Features:
- Great ServicemwrhockeyDined on 9/13/2014Server was outstanding. She was on top of our order and picked out I was not happy with my meal. There was nothing wrong with it, I just did care for the taste. She took the meal off of the bill without my asking. I was fully intending to pay for it. They really take care of their customers. I will be back!Special Features:
- Went twice in Same DaysnowbunnyDined on 9/13/2014Have a fabulous breakfast with a friend, we decided to come back late afternoon after shopping for a glass of wine and dessert. YumSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceDerrickDined on 9/7/2014Good experience, varied menu, make sure you clarify what you'll get if you don't know your French. Food was smaller portions and on the pricier side for what you get (for some items), but was delicious.Special Features:
- u17cqniDined on 9/6/2014First time having dinner at Patrick's. Burgers and salsa were delicious. Especially the burgers served on their baguettes instead of the usual roll.Special Features:
- Delicious....as usual!ChamplinDinerDined on 9/6/2014As part of the lunch crowd, we've been here many times and had most of the items on their menu. Service has been outstanding, the restaurant (both inside and out) has been clean, and the food served has been attractively presented. Most importantly to us: the meals are the right temperature and are delicious! The quiche (all choices) are our favorite items and are served with a salad of dark greens. For coffee lovers: it's some of the best restaurant coffee around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We were a party of four and had never been to Patrick's before. We were very pleased. The food was wonderful the deserts were outstanding and the prices were reasonable. We will go there again.Special Features:
- Patrick'sJohnBCVIPDined on 8/25/2014Great restaurant to break away fro the fast food scene in Maple Grove. Patrick's has a varied selection of soups, salads and sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchJayaDined on 8/24/2014love the food - a bit over-priced for salads...yummy spicy Bloody Marys.....desserts to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch vs dinnerDiningONaFIXEDincomeDined on 8/23/2014Lunch is quite affordable and delicious for fixed income seniors. Supper is another tale: bring your 2% social security raise to afford the menu. Wish they had small plate specials for us old folks. Desserts are outstanding!!! Wait staff terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014The chop salad was soggy and lacking flavor. I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineloverVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our service was very good, as was the food. Interesting menu- something different for a change. The French bread was fabulous, and the bakery looked great but we didn't yield to temptation after a pretty rich meal. We'll be back.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurant!yumzoomDined on 8/15/2014We were thrilled to find this Patrick's in Maple Grove as it is an easy place to get to and we love the food. All the choices are great, and I love a restaurant where you can't make up your mind as all the offerings look wonderful! My friend and I each also had a dessert and they were superb. And for once we didn't want to "share" we each wanted "our own" and so we got to taste two....both great! So for a great meal with a lot of choices plus a bakery which you wont want to miss...this is the place to go in Maple Grove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some workaltadude1Dined on 8/8/2014We went in knowing this is the first Patrick's that is serving dinner. The price was a little high for the quality of entrée. I did enjoy my Coq Au Vin, but the quality of the dish, as well as my wifes' mussels, didn't warrant the price. The baked brie appetizer was excellent and dessert, of course, was four star. Our server was quite young and inexperienced. One of our party had to ask three times for a glass of water and our empty plates were taking up our table space for far too long before being removed. We will be back for brunch, but I won't be reserving tables for dinner again.Special Features:
- kajaDined on 8/7/2014Food options and quality, as well as the service were top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the Patrick's Restaurant - Maple Grove reviews archive.
- PatricksschodarVIPDined on 7/24/2014We were excited to find out there was a Patrick's in Maple Grove. Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. Service was slow, food was even slower. It took 15 minutes just to get water and wine. I would not recommend this location unless you are bored out of your mind and not at all hungry.
- Nice varietyResaVIPDined on 7/24/2014The portions were good and presented nicely. I really enjoyed the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- 3 of 4 in my group liked it alotDeniseDined on 7/22/2014I did not care for the variety of food. I had the barbequed beef brisket burger - it was good but I had a hard time finding something on the menu. The others liked it alot and one in my party has been there at least 3 times. Service was excellent. Cam was very attentive and treated us very well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Absolutely LOVED the place, it was my first time dining @ Patrick's and I would highly recommend to ALL!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely done!HappyDined on 7/18/2014My mom and I had appetizers and dessert on Fri night, ate outside. Coquille st Jacques and crab cakes with a dandy choc brownie/Creme brûlée/caramel dessert too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the parents...KatelynDined on 7/14/2014I took my bf and parents here for my Dad's birthday gift (he's french), and we had just spotted Patrick's a few weeks before while doing some shopping, so we decided to check it out. Very happy with the service, and the food was really good as well. We ordered one of the flambes as an appetizer, and then all order some kind of steak. The side salads are HUGE, and the steaks were delicious, despite being cook slightly longer than we had requested. I would definitely go back though. For 4 people to have a steak dinner, split a bottle of wine, 1 app and 1 dessert, our bill was about $125, which actually isn't too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expectedReneethewriterVIPDined on 7/11/2014We had the crab cakes, mussels, Sea Breeze salad and side of gratin potatoes. Everything was delicious. Guess from the menu I was expecting it to be "fancier" inside, and it was very casual. But the service was friendly and fast and the desserts were HUGE and so good. If I had a small complaint--the tables are very small and the plates and other dishes are quite large, so you run out of places to put things. But that is a super nit-picky thing. We will be back---go for the fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanieVIPDined on 7/8/2014We are so glad to have Patrick's available to us. We spent a great deal of time in France (and Paris!!) and this restaurant gives us the same happy feelings. Also love all the goodies available for take out. Thank you Patrick!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspiring BrunchLoveToEatDined on 7/6/2014New to the area, we decided to check out the brunch. Not impressed. We are fairly discerning when it comes to "proper" coffees. The lattes' temperatures were cool and the espresso tasted like drip coffee. The pastries were not too bad. Had a blueberry muffin which was very good as well. Had a variety of egg dishes (scrambled, omelets, and quiches) amongst the 6 of us. The eggs were good but the accompanying meats were barely warm. I would have hoped they would have been prepared to order, but minimally keep them hot. Our biggest complaint was the service. Asked for a chocolate croissant to warmed and it was not. Sent it back and it came back cool again. Order another and we had to remind the waiter 4 times before it finally came.