Parkside Seafood House - Oyster Bar
1902 Scott Street
Lafayette, IN 47904Neighborhood:
Lafayette / West Lafayette
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Parkside Seafood House - Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/parksideseafoodhouse
- Phone: 7654646531x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wes Brewer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Parkside Seafood House - Oyster Bar
The Parkside delicatessen building was built in 1896 with an addition a few years later. Eventually the deli and grocery became a café and soon a full service restaurant. Rumors and stories from the original owner Joe and other owner Tom include everything from the family living above and hidden alcohol gatherings during prohibition. After prohibition the Parkside was one of the first applications to the state for a beer and wine license. As years went by the Parkside developed a following for a favorite lunch spot and great steaks, prime rib and Tom’s catfish for dinner. Being located by Columbian park brought awareness and nostalgia to the restaurant and became a “Neighborhood Gem” or favorite spot for people wanting a cold beer or the elites of Lafayette that desired great food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parkside Seafood House - Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (22)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (11)good for groups (8)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Really nice to see !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Wow , what a great experience !! So nice that lafayette FINALLY has a place that offers a seasonal menue that Is executed perfectly !! Go Mark Vaughn and team !! Can't wait to see what you guys do next !! We will be back to parkside over and over agin !! Love it !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment at ParksideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014First I would like to compliment the owners on a nice restoration job on an old Lafayette landmark. I ordered the salmon, it was delicious but it was a child's portion which was a sliver of salmon approximately 1 1/2" wide and 6" long with mashed potatoes. It was $23.00 and didn't come with a salad or anything else. The grouper was equally a small portion and chewy and so I suspect was overcooked. The soda arrived in a bottle and was a cute nostalgic effect but no free refills. I doubt that we will return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The food and service was excellent but it can be a bit pricey. I will definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkside seafoodJBarney87Dined on 9/25/2014Newly remodeled old neighborhood spot, looking good and tasting fun ---- oysters are fresh and a varied list to choose from too. rotating menu weekly - good wine list to choose from as wellSpecial Features:
- Nice Addition to Lafayette IndianaDBFoodieDined on 9/19/2014The ambiance was very nice with white linen tablecloths and napkins. Food was fresh tasting and well presented. Our Clam Chowder was very good and nicely present with a whole baby clam, nice touch. Scottish Salmon was perfectly cooked with crispy edges and flaky texture. Red Grouper was served on tasty cheesy grits and cooked to perfection. During the course of the meal the server was attentive but not in our face. Their warm bread, served in a small metal tray, was fantastic and the citrus butter even better. They offer a nice selection of wine and it was served well chilled. Food was excellent. My only concern is pricing. Our bill was $95.00 for 2 of us. No starch or vegetable offered with the meal was a bit of a let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SenatorDined on 9/19/2014Still working out the kinks, no plates or silverware when the bread came. Left off the side with the entre. Fish portion small for $25.00 Crembrulea was cold, a good one the top is warm. Men's bathroom is in a difficult spot.Special Features:
- Kev DaveKevDaveDined on 9/18/2014The food was very good but the service was not. Everything we requested, such as silverware for our food, took a long time to reach us. We finally resorted to eating our seafood tower with our fingers. We asked three different people for an extra chair because one of our party was being blinded by the sun, but never got one. We were told that the reason our food took so long to reach us was because the chef makes everyone's dish individually after you order it. Sounds good, but maybe this is too much for one chef to accomplish. They sent two people to our table to ask if we were the Hewitt party (for Open Table) and yet they still reported we hadn't shown up. They also charged the credit card of one of our party twice.Special Features:
- Dinner for sixluvseafoodDined on 9/13/2014Out of town family guests were visiting for the weekend. It was our first visit to the restaurant and we love seafood. The Oysters, Salmon and Grouper were a huge hit, along with the filet. Everything was fresh and quite pleasing to the pallet. The service was friendly and in a timely manner. I love to cottage feel. Only missing piece was a bar, however, not necessary. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!JoshDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful change of pace from the chain restaurants. Very pleasant staff and atmosphere. Food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastictboehleDined on 9/13/2014A perfect fit for Lafayette. A first class restaurant in a quiet neighborhood. Food was perfectly sized. Quality was superb. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceHellohelloDined on 9/13/2014Oysters were delicious... Salmon and Grouper were great. Lobster Mac and Cheese not what I expected. I was expecting cheesier Mac and Cheese... (maybe I should have read the menu closer?). Portion sizes seemed a bit small. Overall tho... it was a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Gaining MomentumJimmyQuickDined on 9/13/2014My mother and I went there for dinner before a symphony. The food was good but every course was rushed. Nothing was very hot. The clam chowder was barely warm and the cheese grits for my red snapper entree were also barely warm. The red snapper was a bit undercooked. I hope these are just issues relating to being a new restaurant. If I am going to spend $100 on a dinner for two with no alcohol and no dessert, I expect hot, well presented food, that I can eat without feelinh like you are ready for me to leave before I even sit down. The restaurant has great potential, and I would like to give the place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to Lafayettefarmgirl0613Dined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Parkside Seafood House. I think it will be even better when they expand their menu a little bit. They have done a great job of decorating inside and out. We did not realize until afterwards that they have a lounge upstairs. We'll check that out next time. Our only complaint is that the noise level is pretty high. It was difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- cometchaserDined on 9/9/2014Beautiful remodel of the space, super nice staff, interesting spaces to hang out upstairs or a table for 12-14 for a group, loved the lobster mac and cheese but mostly can't wait to go back and hang out on the patio. Strings of lights and picnic tables in a great setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The only change I would make is a few more choices on the menu. I assume this will come with time. The Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too PriceyOldnursrDined on 9/6/2014We came for a birthday dinner. The menu is somewhat limited but I understand you are starting this out from scratch. The steak dinner is over-priced and if you get a salad, it is really pricey. Perhaps you could consider a small side salad as part of the dinner offerings and not a la carte. The change in decor is certainly startling but in a good way. Our wine selection was very nice. The bread was wonderful! As an aside, we were frequent visitors of the old Parkside, and we NEVER came close to a $100 bill for dinner and we had prime rib, a salad, bread, and a potato selection.
- Par ExcellenceTruthDined on 9/4/2014Great food, good service, Homemade bread, lobster salad, corn chowder, etc. Fresh, Fresh seafood. Wish they were open more than Thursday, Friday and Saturday but hopefully that will come later.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I highly recommend! Absolutely excellent. Seafood is fresh. Close your eyes and you are on the East Coast! Oysters are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Outdoor DiningFoodie2Dined on 8/30/2014The weather finally cooperated so we got to sit on the patio.... was an incredible outdoor dining spot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Small Town Seafood RestaurantAlba1763Dined on 8/23/2014Parkside is a newly opened seafood restaurant in Lafayette, Indiana. It turned a local, small dingy bar into a bright, airy small restaurant. They offered a limited menu until the full opening in September. A nice wine list, good service. I'm a seafood fan--from San Diego until a few years ago. I want this restaurant to succeed--desperately. We had the clambake and for the most part is was good--but the shrimp and crab were over-cooked and dry. It came with a side of cornbread--which was also nondescript. But I think they deserve an A for effort. It is a challenge to open something different in this town where most people think that the Olive Garden is the height of dining out. I will return and support this business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findTable4twoDined on 8/23/2014Must admit, much better than I expected so a great surprise. Service was a little slow but I think it was just because they are new. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clam BakeTriathlete72Dined on 8/22/2014A group of 7 of us went for the opening weekend clam bake and thoroughly enjoyed it. The restaurant is very well decorated but not over the top. It's about the food and the excellent craft beer and wine list. The patio is very inviting although we did not sit out there on this visit. The food was excellent! It tasted like top quality seafood just as it should without a lot of added spices and flavors! The oysters were superb! If you are looking for good seafood this is the place to go in Lafayette! I highly recommend Parkside Seafood House-Oyster Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularFoodie2Dined on 8/22/2014Taking a restaurant that's been in Lafayette for over 100 years and making it into a 5 star food experience is awesome... the food was top notch (shrimp cocktail is perfection)!! Everyone should try this "new" Seafood House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clam Bake a success!DelightedSusanVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is a new restaurant that has just reopened from its original concept. We enjoyed the beer selections and the clam bake that was being featured. Everyone treated us well and the food was good!Special Features:
- Not ready for Prime TimeHirschDined on 8/21/2014August 21, 2014. Priced way too high for a working class neighborhood. Shellfish bucket served absolutely plain with no onions or sausage as shown in example. Shrimp with heads on is not what people around here expect. Historic pictures of the park were reutilised. Finish is fresh with nice touches of hand cloths and water bottles, but noise level is very high. Too many wait staff with little apparent experience. Good wine, nicely chilled.Special Features:
- Looking forward to the full menuFoodie101Dined on 8/21/2014I really enjoyed the clam bake. It was my first foray into eating clams, lobster and full shrimp. But the seafood tasted flavorful and fresh without being oily. I am looking forward to seeing what other food options surface.Special Features:
- Great find!CoachVVIPDined on 8/19/2014I can't believe Lafayette has a quality seafood house, can't wait to go back. Shrimp cocktail was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Parkside Seafood House - Oyster Bar reviews archive.