326 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6175579248
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Richard Talieri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Panza
Panza's traditional Italian cuisine and relaxed atmosphere make for a great evening in this historic North End locale. For a dinner out with friends or a date night, Panza is the place to go if you want to be treated as part of the family. With signature dishes like Veal Panza, Seafood Risotto, and Chicken Parmigiana we pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Throughout the year Panza also offers up seasonal specials to showcase the best of the region. Spend an evening with us and find out why people have made Panza a part of their family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panza reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (139)fit for foodies (96)romantic (62)special occasion (47)hot spot (21)good for groups (21)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (13)scenic view (9)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Eat somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014For Italian on the North End of Boston, this was not good. My husband ordered the seafood risotto, the rice was not creamy or cheesey (!), and there was gritty sand in it from the scallops, presumably. The risotto was like vegetable rice - NOT like creamy risotto. I got the spinach linguine special - the linguine was tough, not cooked enough. The lobster on top was tough, overcooked, and very chewy. The waitress did not come back during the entire meal, not until we were finished, and she never asked how our food was at all. We never had a chance to give feedback or anything else. She seemed tired and overworked. It was hot in the restaurant. The tables were so close the girl behind me whacked me with her elbow and pony tail.
- 1sttimerDined on 10/15/2014Would give this a outstanding rating if it wasn't a little loud. Food was outstanding!!! Had one complaint about the Risotto, otherwise evrything was wonderful. They purchase their wine from a shop across the street and pricing was very good. If you are in Boston eat here, you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great meal!litaDined on 10/14/2014We brought a party of 5 to Panza and everyone left happy. Appetizers were great, especially the spring rolls. Classic chicken parm was a big hit too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Panza is like many other North End restaurants in that it has only a few tables, no bar and the only place to wait is outside the entrance door. The food at Panza makes it all worthwhile. We had shrimp and scallop risotto and the free form lasagna, both were melt in your mouth delicious. The tables are close together which I find very annoying, but at Panza the energy in the room was such that I could have a conversation with my friend but couldn't really hear the conversation at the table next to me. Our server was very friendly, and always right there if we needed anything. This was by far the best food we had during our six days in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!FazzaDined on 10/13/2014Second time I have been there and just a wonderful restaurant!! Great food, great service!!!Special Features:
- sparticusDined on 10/11/2014great food, good wine in a great neigborhood. only issue is that we waited an hour past our reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MouthwateringLoveBostonDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent. Reservations needed. Would have give 5 full stars but so short staffed, although she did a great job! She was the only waitress and also the hostess for the entire shift. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but long wait for reservationblueskiesDined on 10/10/2014Delicious, well-priced food, and cozy ambiance. Only complaint is that we had to wait 30 min for our reserved table. It is a small restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Fun Placeyummy1Dined on 10/9/2014Great Italian restaurant! We had an attentive waiter and a great seat by the window. Food was excellent. It would have been a five star, but it was very loud. We would still recommend it as a fun place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialUBD1311Dined on 10/8/2014Starters were quite good, entrees were just alright. No desserts are served. Service was rude and lazy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014Thought the food was average for our group of 6, mine was disappointing ( linguini del la piscatori in white sauce) The waitress was very nice, just not what we expected
- Panza - Great Food and ServicePandSDined on 10/5/2014We were looking for a small local restaurant that offered the best of the North Boston Italian Fare. Food was great, service superb (Carmen you're the best!) and conversations lively. Try to get a reservation to avoid the long lines. Loved the calamari, pasta and veal.Special Features:
- A go-toRsw09Dined on 10/5/2014Our North End go-to. Each visit is not complete without their goat cheese, grilled balsamic bruschetta. We literally remembered it from 2 years ago. I also repeated the mustard glazed salmon, perfectly cooked again. My mother repeated her seafood risotto go-to. My dad tried a fall special with pumpkin ravioli with maple sauce. The lemon veal picatta my brother got was bursting with flavor as well. No complaints other than maybe want more room so we definitely can get reservations! But the small venue is truly part of its charm. Almost thought about not reviewing them so nobody else finds out about our favorite!Special Features:
- MLPMarilynDined on 10/5/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. The food is outstanding, the service is terrific and a great find in the north end of Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Panza was great but we had reservations at 8:30 and we didn't sit down until 9:30. The food was fantastic as was Heather, our server, who made up for the wait with wonderful service and very good recommendations. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We had a reservation at 8:30 PM, and there was a line of people who were waiting to get their 8:00 PM reservation still, so we decided not to wait for half an hour. Had to find another place to eat.
- Good food. Fun atmosphereBenjiDined on 10/3/2014This place has a good vibe. There is a buzz that means that even though tables are tight your conversation is private. Foid was very good and service friendly and efficient. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grate placeMarieDined on 10/2/2014A little bit crowded, and just one waiter for the bread and water, and the bread wasn't goodSpecial Features:
- Nice Place!mabiobabeDined on 9/29/2014We made a reservation for a Monday night, 6 PM. It is a typical, small North End place. Brightly lit. The restaurant was about one third full when we arrived and we were seated right away. By the time we left, the place was full and there were people waiting. Our party had the chicken broccoli ziti (good) and the lasagna (good) and the eggplant parm (thought it was salty). Nice sized portions. I will get three meals out of my dish. The bread was delicious. We also shared a caprese salad which was different from what I expected. The tomatoes had been breaded and fried and were served hot. Topped with mozzarella and pesto. Very good. Side of meatballs - nothing special. The white sangria was tasty and quite strong. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Find in Little ItalyTaylorVIPDined on 9/28/2014My boyfriend and I headed to the North End to find GOOD Italian food and wine for a reasonable price. The reason this spot is excellent in my opinion, is that it offers the same quality food you'd find at many of the other restaurants up there, for half the price! We got a large calamari, two entrees, and a great bottle of wine for less than $100. The wait staff was attentive and we would absolutely head back!Special Features:
- A North End GemPdarm5Dined on 9/28/2014We truly enjoyed our experience at Panzas - from the beautiful atmosphere small and intimate ,friendly waitstaff and absolutely delicious food!!! Recommend reservations online-we had the front window seat -lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panza nightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/27/2014Had reservations for 8:30 and were seated at 9:45. It was clear the restaurant was terribly understaffed. Overall service was very bad. Seating in this restaurant is very limited and layout poor so unless you have all night to wait in line with the hope someone will eventually acknowledge you, this is not a good place. Food is just OK and not worth the wait.
- YummDined on 9/27/2014Panza was amazing! It has such a cozy atmosphere and the service was outstanding. The mussels fra diavlo were the best mussles I have ever had. And, the crab ravioli special was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Best Italian food I've had at a restaurant in a long time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite north end restaurantJessca812Dined on 9/26/2014I absolutely love Panza! I most recently came here on a Friday night with a group of 5, we had a 7 pm reservation and were seated right away. Our party ordered Veal, chicken, and eggplant parm, and the butternut squash tortellini and every thing was excellent! Service was very good and fast! The wine selection is good and very well priced for bottles (~$20/bottle). I highly recommend Panza but you definitely need a reservation and arrive early because the restaurant is very small and always busy! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate restaurant, excellet mealLSS1Dined on 9/23/2014Two of us had the Chicken Panza and one had the free form lasagna. We all enjoyed the food. The chicken had a light sauce that was tasty and the lasagna was excellent. The waiter was very friendly and since it was early on a week night he didn't rush us and was willing to hold off on submitting our main courses until we were almost done with our salads. It was the North End so parking was difficult, so had to park on Commercial Street near Copps Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent food. The prices were very reasonable especially in relation to the portions.Special Features:
- EhhhhBklynDined on 9/20/2014Nothing special- expected crowded and loud, food just OK , would not go back.
- Was ok nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014It was ok nothing spectacular. Had the lobster special that was ok. Couldn't tell if they were homemade noodles or not. The chx parm was good. The waiters are not that attentive. And there's absolutely no room to move around, but that's common in the northend.
- Classy and comfortableChrisTheCookDined on 9/12/2014The host was very welcoming and had reserved for us the best table. Very genuine pan-Italian food done with simplicity and abundant flavor. All of my all-time favorites were on the menu. Interesting, savory specials--had the house-made pappardelle with pork ragu, which was outstanding. Another favorite of mine is the linguine with littleneck clams. I tasted the mouth-watering butternut squash tortelloni, and the spinach and ricotta ravioli looked tempting. Terrific wine selection. Very affordable prices. Attractive and clean, right next door to St. Leonard's. Panza is my favorite culinary retreat in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.MMaloneDined on 9/12/2014Went for lunch, was really impressed, impeccable, service and food, just what I was looking for, thanks guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia!4 friends...4 great meals!66RaceMomDined on 9/10/2014When we arrived, we had a short wait of maybe 10 minutes before being seated and we were so glad we'd made reservations. Many people were waiting on the street when we arrived. We started with an appetizer very similar to Caprese Salad but everything was chopped to make it easier to spread on bread. MMMMM! Yummy! We had a bottle of Chianti, the wine list includes many affordable selections. A friend & I had the Butternut Squash Tortelloni which was fantastic! I drool to think of it. My husband had the Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli which he raved over and another friend ordered the Chicken Saltimboca. He said he would definitely order that again. We were extremely pleased with the food and prices and wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GMD47VIPDined on 9/10/2014While the place was packed, our server was there every time we needed him. My chicken saltimboca was both hot and tasty while the chopped salad we shared was crisp. Wines here are also inexpensive with a bottle of Decoy can only $40 .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLiviDined on 9/6/2014Great food & decent prices, especially for the North End. Very small, kind of cramped & no AC so it was hot. Only downside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were pleasantly surprises by the bill! The food was fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014The food here is great. We started with calamari & chopped salad. Entrees were veal saltimbocca, eggplant park, chicken & broccoli fettucine alfredo. All was excellent - the best eggplant parmesan I've ever had. I do caution you, our reservations were for 8 pm but we weren't seated until 8:30. It is a no-frills restaurant, focusing on the food and it can be very noisy. Still, the food was well worth it.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/4/2014Wait time after ordering was excessive. Waiter totally forgot the appetizer order. Wait time to pay the bill was excessive. The waiters were working hard, but somehow the system didn't work.
- DeliciousMeeksDined on 9/1/2014Another great gem in the North End. Amazing food at surprisingly great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaDined on 8/31/2014Was an open venue on a very HOT night. Very uncomfortable. Should have been closed up and AC put on. They don't have dessert and coffee, found that odd. Will not be going back.
- Great food, but...jmullsfitnessDined on 8/30/2014I made a reservation here because we wanted to try somewhere new. The food was great but I found the restaurant had a hard time keeping your reservation. Thankfully we only waited about 10mins past our reservation time but another couple waited almost 30mins. I'm glad we did stay and wait though because the food was delicious. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.