13488 Maxella Ave
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
PeruvianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paichela.com/
- Phone: 3108936100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Zarate
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Ricardo Zarate opened his catering company in 2009. Since then he has catered weddings, birthday parties, movie premieres, celebrity events and many more. He is dedicated to give the same attention to his food inside and outside of the restaurant. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
A word from Paiche
Paiche is a Peruvian Izakaya by award winner Chef Ricardo Zarate. This is his take on modern Peruvian cuisine with a Japanese twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paiche reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (130)neighborhood gem (85)good for groups (58)special occasion (57)great for outdoor dining (56)hot spot (56)great for lunch (39)romantic (26)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (18)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Flavorful, distinct food, fun nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Terrific service, attentive yet unobtrusive. Great spectrum of flavors that pleases many palettes. Casual and vibrant ambiance, dining experience lends itself well to support great table talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Food and Drinks were outstanding as usual and the service was great.Special Features:
- habanero margarita!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2014Love this place. Delish tapas style dishes. The habanero margarita drink rocks! Service is awesome. The only think I didn't like was the beignet dessert. Thought it would be sweet and would have some sugar on it but no. It was more like an appetizer instead of a dessert. That's it. That's my only complaint. Will definitely return again and again :) Oh and I love how happy hour starts early - at 230pm :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But Be Aware!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Paiche has a wonderful menu with delicious foods. It is a bit pricey for what you receive (all the plates are small tapas-like plates, so share), but as a treat this restaurant proves itself. One of the things that occurred to our Open Table reservation was that it was cancelled after we arrived. We did not know this until the next day. We had to complain through Open Table and this was a big hassle. Make sure the hostess does not do this to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceLilikoiDined on 9/6/2014We had some of the best food we've ever had at this restaurant. We started with the shrimp dumpling (4 pieces). Delicious! We also order the "saltado de quail", "chaufa de langosta" and the "short ribs". This was more than enough for two people. We could have just ordered three plates only. For dessert, we had the cheesecake (with lucuma puree and raspberries). It was incredible. Absolutely awesome. Our server, Megan, was great!Special Features:
- Good cevicheVegiqueenDined on 8/30/2014Went to Paiche specifically for the ceviche and because we also love Mo Chica. Ceviche was creative and bursting with flavor, just as we'd hoped. The pickled vegetables were a nice complement to the ceviche. They were crunchy, tasty and not too salty. Also got the pork belly, duck and halibut entree. All were stellar. Only complaint was mixed drink ordered for $13. It was refreshing, but there was such a large square block of ice in the center that each time I tried to take a sip, the ice was in my face blocking the liquid. I'd be surprised if there was even a half cup of liquid in the drink, because the ice block was so large. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great food nice waitersmariannaDined on 8/25/2014I really liked this place and our waiter was great. Like everyone else, I'd have preferred bigger portions. Maybe Paiche could have a few entrees that are "full size"?Special Features:
- One bite memoriesPamLovesFoodDined on 8/23/2014Two birthday celebrations, great atmosphere, excellent waiter, tasty unique cocktails and food was a series of one bite memories!Special Features:
- great funSteveDined on 8/21/2014Ii've been 3 times lately, first on a recommendation then to bring friends. Asisan fusion tapas, lots of funSpecial Features:
- A true gemTeamDined on 8/21/2014Great to have this welcoming, excellent restaurant close to work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogerDined on 8/16/2014Good but not exceptional. Dishes are quite small and overpriced for the quantity one gets.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014One of the best places we've been to. As good as Mo Chica is Paiche is 10 times better. Take it from 2 hard core foodies Paiche is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really special!SandyrkVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to many fusion restaurants. This was, in many ways, the nicest. No valet, easy parking, not overwhelmingly "see-and-be-seen", just interesting small plates and fabulous drinks. The service was particularly good. Easy to mix and match many flavors. Loved the sashimi ceviche and the paiche lettuce wraps. They make a mean caipirinha!Special Features:
- MartiniluvrDined on 8/14/2014All the appetizers & entrees were excellent. The pre-dinner cocktails were delicious & the wine with dinner was perfect. We had the rock shrimp tempura, eggplant tartar, yuquitas, short ribs, arroz con pollo, lomo saltado, molten chocolate cake & churros. Everything was delicious. The portions are small so you had to savor each bite.Special Features:
- Paiche doesn't disappointAriasDined on 8/10/2014We have been to Paiche several times and every time we go we experience something new! We are sorry to see that the salad selection isn't as it was but we found so many interesting dishes to try that we did without the quinoa salad we used to love and still left happy and quite satisfied. The service was excellent; our waiter's recommendations were 100% right! We will definitely return whenever we can.Special Features:
- Yum!JhudgshDined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent. Great flavones, textures & presentation. Gets pricey in a hurry, but it's a fun experience. I recommend going in a group of 4 so you can try about 1/3 to 1/2 the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularPorgyandBessDined on 8/9/2014Amazing food, service and ambiance...it was memorable...run, don't walk to Paiche for one of the best meals of your life...we're hooked!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014The portions are too small for price point. Great place to go if you are not hungry.Special Features:
- dishyDined on 8/7/2014Went for a casual anniversary celebration. Fairly noisy, some of the dishes were very good, others just ok. Good if you want a casual, easy to get to, no fuss kind of restaurant.Special Features:
- Slow for lunchAndrewVIPDined on 8/2/2014Enjoy Paiche for supper, great and unusual Peruvian food, vibrant energy, but a bit rushed. For lunch, it was dead. Food still really good, but the service was absurdly slow despite there being plenty of staff and only 7 tables takenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the Neighborhood!VeniceLadyDined on 8/1/2014In an overly trendy area, this new palette is quite welcome. Something different. The mixed drinks are delicious. The food is unique, well-prepared and tasty and the parking is easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paiche RestaurantBasil216Dined on 7/31/2014Very unique dining experience. The food was unusual and tasty. The tapas are even small by normal standards so you do need to order many dishes to be satisfied so diner can add up price wise before you know it. A wide selection of dishes. Dessert was disappointing. The cheesecake was inedible. It looked a lot better than it tasted. Overall the experience was a good one. I had friends visiting from Australia and it was the perfect place to hang out, drink, eat and have a good time. Great neighborhood vibe and relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our RestaurantAussiefoodieDined on 7/28/2014Paiche is downstairs at Stella (where we live) it is consistently great food, excellent service and a fantastic aatmosphere. Yesterday we went with two other Australian friends who own a restaurant in Australia and they were very impressed also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but gooddatfoodielyfeDined on 7/26/2014I went here with a group of friends for Paiche's dineLA menu. We each sampled a variety of dishes from the choices we had for the dineLA lunch. The food was good and tasty for the $25 lunch set, which includes three courses (appetizer, entree, dessert). The arroz con pollo is really good. The chicken is cooked perfectly! We loved the spicy tuna tacu tacu and the desserts were heaven! You get to choose either the tapioca or churros and we shared both among the four of us. The churros are sooo good and it comes with chocolate dipping sauce! Make sure you try some of their Peruvian cocktails - very interesting selections. Loved the food, but just wished the portions were larger to really get the bang for your buck :)Special Features:
- DisappointingOceanParkNeighborDined on 7/26/2014Service and ambience were really nice, however the food was disappointing. Understood the portion sizes are 'small plates' but the food is grossly overpriced, under-portioned, and the flavors in the dishes did not make up for it.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Came here for dineLA lunch. Food was delicious. We had to get back to work so we told them we were in a rush... but it was still pretty slow. It took an hour and a half for lunch and most of the time was spent on waiting for our dishes to arrive. There weren't that many people so I'm not sure why it took so long, especially for the dessert which was served cold. Once the food came it was delicious! I would highly highly recommend the tapioca :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I was told this place was great. an hour into hour meal we had returned one dish, half ate another, did not touch the 3rd dish and the 4th only ate 1/2. It took forever to get the food and at the end the check as well.
- Worst dining experienceGeoHilDined on 7/23/2014The noise level was so loud. The water finally arrived and we said we were starved and tried to order appetizers. He said that was not allowed because the kitchen required the full order be placed at once. Weird for a tapas restaurant. He finally agreed to make an exception for us. 15 minutes later, he returned to take our drink order. We had to call him back to take our dinner order. Finally, our appetizer arrived. Drinks 15 minutes after we finished the appetizers, one at a time. A couple of our tapas arrived but after two hours, we called the waiter and asked when our food was coming. He said the kitchen is divided in sections and it comes when it comes. We waited another 15 minutes and cancelled the rest. We left still hungry.Special Features:
- LOVE!CrystalYDined on 7/23/2014Definitely on the pricey side but Paiche is the epitome of getting what you pay for. Not for people who value quantity for a value price but perfect for foodies and those who love food. There were flavors I've never experienced. I'm vegetarian so I was a little worried but the server was so knowledgeable that I left completely satisfied. A truly unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say?DiggieVIPDined on 7/22/2014As always, Paiche foes not disappoint our palates and taste buds. Everything is great! Service, food, location and the dining experience. Try it and you will not stop coming back.Special Features:
- Loved it!ARodVIPDined on 7/21/2014The food and service were great. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Interesting and goodDiningDocsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Good quality food prepared in interesting ways. We have only eaten the fish called pacu in Latin America and they have it on the menu. So expect different stuff than usual and really good cocktails. But also beware that a lot of the fish they serve (including pacu) are endangered and/or on the "do not eat" list so choose carefully to help keep fish populations in the Amazon healthy. It's like a trip to Latin America but you only have to go to Marina del Rey!
- MiamiFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Paiche, there were a few hiccups. We had reservations but we're not seated for 45 minutes. I don't recommended it for large parties - we were 8 and they were slammed on this Saturday night so it took forever. Our server did the best she could but seemed to have a lot of tables to attend to. The food was amazing but I hope the restaurant adds additional help in the front of the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative FoodFood2DineDined on 7/19/2014There were 6 of us that had dinner during the DineL.A. week. The special menu that night had some tasty items and some that were just Ok. We enjoyed our specialty drinks and had pretty good service from a very energetic server. But there was too much time in between dishes and one of the chicken dishes arrived luke warm. Our table was right up against the open kitchen which was fun for watching the food being prepared, but a bit too noisy. The noise level is extremely high because of all the concrete surfaces and loud music. The dishes I saw coming out of the kitchen off of the regular menu were definitely larger portions than the DineL.A. menu items. It was pricey, but it's worth trying again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally blown awaycreativecookingDined on 7/19/2014This was some of the most creative, delicious, fresh, sushi/ceviche I've ever had. The fish was sweet as candy and the marinades on the sushi, heavenly. Great care taken in the preparations. The tamale appetizer-amazing. The meat dishes-also superb. Our specialty drinks were superior. Creative combinations of fresh juices, herbs and interesting liquors. Our waiter, Butch, was what every wait-person should be--knowledgable, attentive, friendly, considerate, despite being very busy. We can't wait for the next opportunity to return here. This chef is a master.Special Features:
- Used to be betterMVG1Dined on 7/19/2014I still had a gear time at Paiche but it used to be exceptional What I observed Portions seemed to be cut by at least a third Food seemed rushed on a Saturday night less bang for your buck the reason it's so yummy is the Argentinian fire so felt ripped off Drink prices have soared still the make a very mean Pisco Sour On the bright side VERY accommodating for allergies Food was mostly deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchRussellDined on 7/19/2014main course was on the small side otherwise very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !!GoodfoodDined on 7/19/2014Went there for lunch dine in l.a. And the menu was good. Service was great and they had a good selection of cocktails. The eggplant tartar was really good as well as the fish. Tapioca pudding was really good. I dont like raisins but i ate them tbis time. Really good!! I would definitley come back for the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food but overpriced.zilchikDined on 7/18/2014Went for late lunch during DineLA. Food was delicious and beautifully presented but for a $25 lunch, portions were just too skimpy. One entree came out several minutes before the other...do I wait for my companion's food while mine gets cold or eat in front of him? Dessert "churros" were five very small dough balls rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with chocolate and lucuma sauces. Given that 3 of 5 pieces were hollow (mostly air), there weren't even 5 mouthfuls. At 1:45pm very loud music came on killing conversation for more than 5 minutes until someone on staff honored customer requests and finally lowered the volume.Special Features:
- Ingenious menuMDRdinerDined on 7/17/2014I love this restaurant. My third time here but we haven't been back for a year or so and we came back for our anniversary. It was just as great as I remembered. They serve small plates and the dishes are completely different but wonderfully delicious. The drinks are awesome. It's crowded though so plan ahead. My only complaint is we had reservations and they tried to give a horrible table (you have to squeeze into it while others are eating and there is a wait station on the other side- they can't offer it to larger people). So we had to wait awhile (it was Thursday night at 730 ) but then we got a great table on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.