Pagoda Floating Restaurant
1525 Rycroft St.
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Pagoda Floating Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pagodahawaii.com/
- Phone: 8089488356
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Ala Carte: Daily : 6:30am - 1:00pm
Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch Ala Carte: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner Buffet: Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Dinner Ala Carte: Nightly 5:00pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Jason Takemura
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Contact us for more information.
- Special Events: Frank De Lima Mother's Day Show
Champagne Brunch & Dinner Show
For More Info and Reservations, please call 948-8370
A word from Pagoda Floating Restaurant
Escape and experience Pagoda's enchanting waterfall and serene Asian garden as you feast on one of our savory International dinner buffets, or our traditional menu infused with local favorites during breakfast or lunch.Continued
The Pagoda floating restaurant offers private dining for intimate gatherings and banquet rooms for large parties accommodating up to 400.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Pagoda Floating Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Pagoda Floating Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)special occasion (23)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (19)great for brunch (18)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food didn't quite have that "wow" taste. The crab legs was too dry. The host was very accomodating especially because we didn't want to sit by the doorway. ..the fish food should not be in the resturant, and especially by the entrance to the buffet. I thought the resturant went through a major renovation...I guess I was expecting to see something new.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The staff really made us feel welcomed and comfortable. Definitely gonna be a returning diner. MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- email@example.comKetomamaVIPDined on 7/29/2014this was the first time at this restaurant and we enjoyed the food, service and the ambience. We like the old fashion look of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family group dinner in teahouseRedbird82Dined on 7/25/2014We reserved the large tearoom for a rehearsal dinner for 19 people from three different continents. Everyone loved the place, fun to watch the fish and walk over to waterfalls. Since we had people from several countries who had never met, the ambiance was perfect. Buffet was nice with a large variety of food types. The don't have a very large selection of wines, an the waiter indicated this to us. So the only drawback was it took some time for the wine and wineglasses to arrive. Nevertheless the waiter was very helpful and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinning experienceBradDined on 7/24/2014Booked a reservation for 9 people. Table was ready when I arrived 30 minutes early. Great breakfast and luncheon menus. Everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Great for breakfastsMahinaDined on 7/20/2014Pagoda is one of my favorite breakfast locations. It's a convenient location for breakfast meetings as well as for a gathering of friends or family. Its extensive breakfast menu has something for everyone and features ono innovations such as oxtail kim chee fried rice, kalua pork hash, and oxtail ramen.Special Features:
- Disappointedluv2dineDined on 7/18/2014What I experienced on this occasion is a new policy. The hot & cold food station loss choices. "Size & quantity" of pieces diminished. The roast beef station. I never a chef "on station"… and, I went back 3 times. "Short staffed." Quantity available in several pans were down to a few pieces before being replenished. Dessert table. Choices cut by a half. The ice cream machine was replaced by a "potted plant." Just 4 waiters, hard working and always nice_ but, again, "short staffed." Management, you just lost your loyal base customer, the families. The cost for this epicurean experience_ $38.00, not incl tax & tip ($48/ person).Special Features:
- Pagoda is great for GroupsBigsoleleoDined on 7/12/2014Our church leaders and my fantasy football league love going to Pagoda after our summit meetings and our end of the year crowning of the fantasy champ. Always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for kids!SkipfordDined on 7/11/2014Great except for the price. Adult price start at 9 years old!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotSoHuntryDined on 7/11/2014It has been a while since I visited the Pagoda restaurant. It reminds me of a time ago; good for multi-generational gatherings. The addition of the bar and bar noise was jarring bec/ the patrons would erupt with enthusiasm, meanwhile the tables would continue on with their meals. The Pagoda is in an in between space; it hasn't come into the modern day. As for the dinner items: the prime rib and tempura were quite decent, and kudos to the sushi chef. The crab legs were ok, but a lot of everything else was quite half-hearted --- hot and cold foods, including the oysters. Dessert was in shambles. Quite surprised they are still in business as a buffet; that's probably why it was mostly empty on a Friday night.Special Features:
- KellieDined on 7/7/2014Good value - food/price. Friendly, accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Hula GirlHulaGirlDined on 6/27/2014We haven't been to Pagoda for awhile. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality, flavor and presentation of our meals. We had rib eye, seafood linguini & butterfish. All excellent. The clam & taro chowder was superb with lots of clams. We felt the prices were also reasonable for what we received.Special Features:
- We waited 1 hr for our food.SammyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Deep frying the link sausage is not my idea of a good cook. Requested it grilled and it came back deep fried again.Special Features:
- BryanDined on 6/20/2014Food quality was a lot better than before. However, they ran out of crab. For the high price of the buffet, all of the food served should be available to the end. Price is too high. Explains why the restaurant was empty on a Friday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 6/15/2014Our experience there was excellent..the food and service was really good! The only thing I have to say though is that i don't think our teens should pay as much as an adult...kind of pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :(mdceDined on 6/8/2014expensive with only passable service. "famous" for crab legs but had no implements to help w/the shells, the prime rib was tough and inedible, the fruit was hard and unripe, the noodles were tasteless and undercooked, and i could go on and on about the poor quality of food. for the exorbitant buffet price only a few bites were decent, if that. it's an interesting, if odd, place. so the only positive thing i can say is "been there, done that," because i will never willingly choose to eat there again.
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food just can't be beat! It is great value for a dinner that is both quanitfiably and quantitatively superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedgoodfoodmakesmehappyDined on 5/11/2014I was looking for a place that was reasonably priced and this was not it. I think they jacked the price up for Mother's Day. Just for my husband and I, our bill was $100. They also did not have a menu, the only option was the buffet. The only thing on the buffet that we enjoyed was the crab legs. They also were hesitant on showing us the drink menu because they didn't have most of the items on it. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- BisarDined on 5/11/2014Selection of food and server was great. Would be nice to bring back chocolate ice cream and cone.Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the Pagoda Floating Restaurant reviews archive.
- That was my first time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The noodles was burnt :-( the host was accompdating, but our waiter had to be flagged down for service. I was sad that they didn't have Reisling and limited top shelf liquor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 50 years!XavierVIPDined on 4/27/2014We dined at the Pagoda for the first time. Actually my husband ate there 47 years ago when he was a marine on leave from the Vietnam War on R&R. It is a delightful neighborhood restaurant. The ala carte menu is well crafted and I enjoyed the butter fish. My husband enjoyed the buffet. Our waiter was a real GEM and we'd return just to see him again!Special Features:
- Great buffetJarrodDined on 4/26/2014The food is great with great selections. Crab for days!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceptiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Doesn't look like much from the outside and the inside was questionable too but the service was excellent and the food fabulous so I'd give this restaurant an enthusiastic "thumbs up"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!BookwormDined on 4/20/2014Great tofu watercress salad! Macadamia and chocolate mousse tarts were different! Salmon and menpachi were great! Tempura was excellent, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eateryDebsDined on 4/8/2014This is a must go to spot! The Butterfish. Is to die for! The server was outstanding and the blueberry mojitos were awesome!Special Features:
- Very satisfied!NalaniDined on 4/3/2014We were a group of 4 senior ladies looking for a place where we could talk, have pleasant surroundings, tasty food, reasonable prices, and free parking. We found all these conditions at the Pagoda! We had the salmon belly, loco moco, braised short ribs loco moco, and furikake fresh catch...all delicious except short ribs was a little tough and needed more seasoning. The salmon belly was fantastic! We look forward to going again soon because there is so much more on the menu that we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceTinkerDined on 3/29/2014Our Waiter Ro was awesome he attended to us like we was his only customer. Our drinks was always filled, table was cleared of used plates for us to bring back new plates to our table. Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local elegant mixOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014Pagoda Restaurant was a nice experience with very good food and service. It is a nice "local" spot with great food with a flair. Reasonable prices too for a "hotel" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familyoysterbarDined on 2/22/2014We annually have a birthday party for five honorees, for a total of 20 people. We like it cause it is a kid-friendly place, yet not too loud. Servers are friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did the buffetdoedhajaDined on 2/15/2014attractive price $37 per person. Great menu, unfortunately, several stations item not available. no sushi, missing some salads. staff were working hard, however very understaffed. kind of disappointed since this is suppose to be a revamp pagoda with a new chef.Special Features:
- Local buffetTonyDined on 2/14/2014Mostly seafood. Salmon, shoyu poke, inamona poke, tofu salad and tempura were the standouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pagoda was greatTrishyDined on 2/14/2014Everything was great, however one thing that bothered us was how little of the wine they served us. That was disappointing but other then that I LOVED DINING THERE. FOOD WAS GREAT! Atmosphere was great! thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was decent. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was decent. They did a poor job at keeping the food stocked on the bar and our waiter checked on us oncr and wasn't very pleasant ehen he did. Our table was broken to were it wobbled every time we would cut our food. I told the hostest and asked her to move us but she just stuck a napkin under the table after my second complaint. It was FREEZING in the restaurant your food wouldn't stay hot for long. My husband and I will probably not go back even though the food was decent it's not worth the money or the service you receive.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the seafood. OurLynn79Dined on 2/8/2014I enjoyed the seafood. Our server made us feel comfortable and the waterfall and the koi pond was beautiful.Special Features:
- Haven't been to Pagoda inApasmomDined on 1/19/2014Haven't been to Pagoda in 25 years and been there twice in 2 months. Food & service was good and the atmosphere was awesome. Noise level very quiet. I would recommend Pagoda to my friends. Enjoyed watching the fish in the ponds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch Buffetfoodie12Dined on 1/12/2014A nice selection of food for breakfast and lunch. Enough to satisfy my hunger. I liked the salad bar and sushi. Everything was fresh and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My only complaint is the pricegrandmaRDined on 1/10/2014My only complaint is the price for kids. The age ends at 8 so I won't be returning because a grandchild turns 9 soon and definitely can't eat the adult price. I would come back if kid price was up to 10 at least. The food was great for our family. The server was excellent removing plates and providing water and other beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet and fish pondslowendgourmetDined on 1/1/2014Don't know why we couldn't get a 1930 seating since the place was empty when we got there. No dress code -- can wear party or casual clothes. Big eaters will like the buffet which has a good selection of different foods -- salad portion good, hot entrees lean toward Asian cuisine, desserts are western. One of the few places that has soft vanilla ice cream as part of the dessert section--unusual in a buffet. Food was slightly better on Xmas Day although the oysters were fresher this time on New Year's day. The roast beef was very dry and excessively salty. Steamed fish was very good as was the sashimi. Liked the nalo greens. Would have been nice to have olives in the salad line. Ozoni soup was a nice touch.Special Features:
- ParkingsamsdadDined on 12/31/2013It was the first time in years that I have visited the Pagoda Floating restaurant. The food and place was as good as I remembered it. However, one thing changed that I think is very unnecessary for your business. Charging people to park their vehicles in your structure is kind of ridiculous when you're charging about $40/person for their meals. If this charge is meant to prevent unauthorized parking by people in the surrounding area, I'm another method could be devised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been here in awhile!808DINERDined on 12/29/2013I must say I was a little disappointed. Super long line at the buffet due to parties coming from the banquet room upstairs. The food was really meh and the selection was nowhere near what there should be for the price you are paying. The main attraction here is the koi pond and that's about it. You are better off going to the Oceanarium at the Pacific Beach Hotel. They have a pretty big selection of food and deserts plus if you go there before 5:30 locals get 15% off plus you don't have to go outside and look over the railing to see any fish they are right there looking at you instead. I grew up coming here as a child for many family functions and im glad this place hasnt lost its charm so Pagoda still holds a place in my lineup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.