505 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://pacificomaui.com/
- Phone: 8086674341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: James McDonald
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our event coordinator.
A word from Pacific'O
Sunset dining at its best! Pacific’O is located on Lahaina's most beautiful white sand beach with panoramic views of three neighboring islands. This was the chosen residence and "playground" for Hawaiian royalty; here ancient kings and queens feasted and made merry. Today, enjoy the same pleasures in Pacific'O's open air dining room or on the romantic beachside patio. Long recognized as a leader in local, organic dining; Pacific'O was the first to establish their very own island farm. Each day the table is set with just harvested macrobiotic vegetables and fruit; and local fishermen deliver fresh fish still dripping from the sea. Pacific'O is a local favorite since opening in 1993.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pacific'O - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Pacific'O reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)scenic view (41)romantic (36)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (27)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2014They are supposedly famous for their fresh fish, but they apparently don't know how to cook it. Both our entrees were overlooked and dry. Mine was extremely bland and I was told that's so you can taste the fish. The host was rude. They have a spectacular view, but they put an easel with the night's special between us and they view. I won't go again.
- Just okTjl50VIPDined on 10/12/2014Both my significant other and I found the food lacking flavour. While the wine list is quite good, it and the food are overpriced for what we had. Not likely to return.Special Features:
- Always deliversMauiloversDined on 10/11/2014Have been coming here 1 or 2 times a year over the past 8 years Food and service is very consistent,and i would highly recommend giving it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th time here!MikeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love this place! Food is amazing!! The scenery is gorgeous. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific O's food and was delish!!VegasVIPDined on 10/9/2014Went to Pacific O's for our anniversary dinner and we have our 15mos daughter in tow. We were about to cancel out reservation but the owner was kind and Understanding. We decided to stay and didn't regret it. Food was amazing and atmosphere was very romantic outside. Will be back again for sure on our next trip to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific"O Restaurant Lahaina, Mauiwycorp123Dined on 10/3/2014We have been enjoying Pacific'O since it first opened. We dine every time we are in Maui, usually twice a year. Its been very consistent, the ambience is one of the best , right on the beach. The service is very good..... Everything is fresh. Its a hide-a way right in downtown Lahaina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- macherVIPDined on 9/18/2014One of the best meals we eat in Maui! The food was cooked perfectly with a great presentation to match. The bread is awesome. You have to request it, so make sure you ask. The Maui Onion and surfing goat cheese Salad, along with the Ono and ahi tempura were superb.Special Features:
- nice viewLadibugVIPDined on 9/10/2014Had a table with a great view of the sunset - having said that, I would say the food was just average. Maybe we hit a bad day - word of caution -dont ask if there are any specials. I asked, and was told flat out No. that was it. I later overheard my waitress telling her other tables what the fish of the day was and going over the rest of the menu. Guess I asked the wrong question. Overall service was poor, food was average, only good thing was the view. Would not recommend this restaurant
- Wonderful anniversaryMartyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We went here for our anniversary and they had a corner table ready for us. Stunning sunset. Delicious food. They brought us an anniversary card and dessert. They are the best!Special Features:
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had guests in town from London, UK who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. Pacific'O was the perfect place to have our gala dinner party! It was a completely perfect night as we dined just at the ocean's edge...so the view was spectacular as a great sunset began, followed by the array of intense colors of the afterglow. Our server, Stephen, was. Delightful and so helpful as we made our difficult decisions about whether to have the cocoanut encrusted ahi or the one and ahi duo. Such delicious dilemmas! The banana lumpia for dessert was terrific, too. You can count on us to return to Pacific'O for our next party...or even just a normal Tuesday night!Special Features:
- Repeat customerSonomalocalVIPDined on 9/7/2014Wow! what a disappointment. We are repeat customers at this restaurant and have dined there at least a dozen times and before tonight we always considered it one of our favorite restaurants. Tonight we made a 6:30 reservation expecting to watch the sunset and have a great dinner. We were seated promptly, ordered a bottle of wine and began enjoying our evening. The wine came out along with excellent bread and butter. The was the last food we saw. After being in the restaurant for an hour we asked our serve when we were going to get our first course. He was either clueless or intimidated by the kitchen staff. After another 15 minutes with no food and no explanation, we paid for our wine and left. Something is majorly wrong.Special Features:
- Almost perfectRayratVIPDined on 9/3/2014Waiter did almost everything right, even replaced a wine I didn't think was good. But he was a little bit rushed and so service and attitude suffered slightly. Overall, this is one of the best and most enjoyable restaurants on the island of Maui.Special Features:
- Oceanside charmbirdfoodDined on 8/28/2014The service was friendly and attentive. Our selections were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedbaywesVIPDined on 8/24/2014I wanted to like this place upon seeing the menu and appreciating the setting and view. The food was only so-so and the service was only OK at best. There are 2 things I hate waiting for when I am dining, the check and for my plates to be removed. I had both of those issues here which is why I rated the service so low. Overall all the experience just wasn't great.
- FoodcrazyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always one of my favorites. Have been coming here for the last 8-10 years and have never once not enjoyed the experience. Our server was efficient, knowledgable and attentive. No complaints here. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Maui date nightCTFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Went for 6:30 dinner seating. Seating was near the beach. It was a little noisy at times, but not bad, due to a luau going on next door, and a larger party with children next to us. Our server was gracious and very professional. I started with the Maui Onion and surfing goat cheese Salad ($15). I'd rate it at about a 7 or 8. Not bad. For my entree, I ordered the Coconut crusted Mahi ($39). I thought this was very good, about 8.5 or 9. I really enjoyed it. Paired it with an un-oaked Chardonnay. They have a Zagat-rated wine list. No room for dessert, so I can't comment on that. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overall dining exper. of trip!cynthiaVIPDined on 8/6/2014It was all around great. We ate at sunset. The food was amazing; the location was heavenly.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on MauiSteakloverDined on 8/5/2014Great food, great location and attentive, genuine service makes this the best restaurant in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in paradise!YayaLisaDined on 8/2/2014The setting was magical. What a perfect place to watch the sunset and wind up a wonderful visit. The signature cocktails and appetizer were a great start to our evening. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the lamb duo and I loved the pasta with fresh ono. Next time I want to do the chef's tasting dinner, but I'll need to go hungrier! Pacific'O is a great excuse to go to Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant offers a great view of the sunset, delicious food, lots of fresh vegies grown on their own farm, and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites on Maui21forthewinVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been comg to Pacific'O for many years for a special night out and have never been disappointed. On our recent trip we were surprised to learn that Chef McDonald is no longer the executive Chef, but we were happy to see that several of our favorite dishes remained on the menu, although under new names. Recommend going a bit before sunset so that you can enjoy the sunset from the oceanfront dining patio. The food and service are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacationing in MauitravellingfoodieDined on 7/17/2014What a pleasant surprise Pacific'O was! We overheard a planner at Marriott mention this great restaurant only 2 miles away at Lahaina. We made a reservation and found a wonderful location on the beach with fantastic food, ambiance and service. I would highly recommend this restaurant for vacationers.Special Features:
- ManhattanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Been around a long time b/c it's SO good! You are literally dlining at the oceans edge & the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!Johnny3VIPDined on 7/11/2014Farm to table dining with fresh seafood and an incredible scenic view. Waiter made excellent recommendations for our entrées; we will be back before our vacation ends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 339 reviews are from the Pacific'O reviews archive.
- never fails to impressdsquareDined on 6/22/2014Food is great, service is great, and scenery is great. We always come here for dinnercwhen we're in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not Meet Our StandardsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/20/2014The scallops were overcooked to the point of being tough and rubbery, we will not be going back.
- Wonderful View on the OceanEnjoyableVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have come to Pacific O many times thru the years while vacationing here and love the view and ambience. You can either sit outside under umbrellas or inside with still a good view. Food has always been very good here, but this time we ordered their strip loin and found it had no flavor at all and was over done. With the price we paid we were disappointed. Had a great salad with sweet onions though and very tasty bread. Will try again for lunch though since we have usually had better meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful eveningColorado2HawaiiVIPDined on 6/19/2014The food was superb, and view to die for. We had a terrific night feet from the beach with the sound of the waves crashing at the shore. Honestly couldn't have been better!
- Hawaiian GemMauiGuyDined on 6/15/2014Best Hawaiian restaurant and wait staff and place for lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerdinnerDined on 6/15/2014We went for dinner on Fathers Day. The view and sunset were beautiful. We had a fantastic server, he was there to check on you all the time.. The food was over the top. We had drinks, appetizers, main meal the coffee and desert. Never felt like we were being rushed. This is our second time at this restaurant and will go again another visit.Special Features:
- Wow!AspelinDined on 6/10/2014It has been 9 years since our last visit to Pacific'o and we are so glad we came back on this trip to Maui! The best view are here so book reservations during sunset. Great locally sourced food and an extensive wine list - even a Greek wine we never see at restaurants. Also there is a Keki (kids) menu and the scenery definitely kept our son busy. Wonderful evening! We'd like to come back with a larger group and do the tasting menu with wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Our Favorite Spot on MauiNancyDDined on 6/4/2014We have dined at Pacific 'O for years and it never fails to disappoint. With a new chef, the menu has been updated but the fresh fish and farm to table fresh ingredients are still the stars. I had the chicken which is probably the first time I have not had a fresh fish entree. The dish was amazing and the portion was larger than I could finish in one sitting (so I made it two and finished the next day). The staff was wonderful and service was spot on. Why go anywhere else when you know you will get great food, amazing sunset views and attentive service. Still our fav dinner place after all these years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely dinnerfriendswholunchVIPDined on 6/2/2014The food and service are great but the view at sunset is amazing. We always make it appoint to dine here when in Maui. The fish is always fresh.Special Features:
- Always a Maui FavoriteBrandi105Dined on 5/27/2014My husband and I have been dining at Pacific'O for almost ten years on our annual Maui vacation; it never disappoints. The views at sunset are spectacular, food is amazing & unique, and the service is attentive. What I was really pleased with this trip was their wine list; it was reasonably priced and really diverse - because of that we ended up buying two bottles! I've tried most of their menu over the years; fresh fish, lamb, scallops, pasta - there isn't anything that wasn't fresh and a unique dining experience. Be sure to treat yourself next time you are on Maui!Special Features:
- Mediocre food, fab settingCarlyGDined on 5/23/2014Beautiful outdoor patio steps from the water. High priced, Faux-gourmet food. Disappointing!Special Features:
- a glorious Hawaiian nightrestaurantsnobVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food and service are only outdone by the magnificent sunset view from this wonderful place. The fish is always fresh and perfectly complimented with wonderful fresh vegetables. Tonight I started with the ceviche. It was wonderful with fresh fish and delicate flavors but a very large portion for an appetizer! Dinner was fish and greens. had to take the fih home because I was full from the ceviche but the greens were delectable.Special Features:
- Eclectic menu right on the water!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/16/2014We have come to pacific Os several times And it's never disappointed! Fabulous service and a inventive menu with the freshest fish you available anywhere on Maui makes this one of our top 3 restaurants in Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColleenDined on 5/8/2014The ambiance couldn't be more perfect. The beach and ocean are a few feet away and the sunset is spectacular to watch while dining. The food and service were excellent. It's our second time eating at Pacific'o and we will definitely be back next time we're in Maui.Special Features:
- View- view-view!!!LancezurlosmomDined on 5/8/2014Outdoor dining is spectacular, service was excellent- very attentive/ personable staff. Food was excellent- mahi mahi and ahi were cooked to perfection. Excellent wine list, - restaurant a little hidden, but worth finding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachfront SunsetFood4UsDined on 5/1/2014We let them know it was an anniversary and had a beach front table for the sunset. The rack of lamb and coconut macadamia mahi mahi were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.