Pacific Catch Mountain View
545 San Antonio Rd
Mountain View, CA 94040Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pacific Catch Mountain View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pacificcatch.com/
- Phone: 6509411810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-F 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: David Gingrass
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pacific Catch offers take-out party platters.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi private dining room available for events.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Tarumi 6509411810
A word from Pacific Catch Mountain View
Pacific Catch Mountain View, located in The Village at San Antonio Center is a modern, comfortable, West Coast Fish House where friends and family gather to enjoy fresh seafood dishes inspired by flavors from the Pacific Rim. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature the freshest "catch of the day," served in a variety of styles from around the Pacific. Other menu items include Asian Rice Bowls, Meal-size Salads, Sushi Rolls, Fish and Chips and starters including our popular Hawaiian Poke and famous Cabo Calamari. Our Mountain View location also offers a large patio seating area and a full indoor/outdoor island bar. Enjoy a wide selection of wines from the New World, contemporary island cocktails or one of our many beers on tap from around the Pacific.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pacific Catch Mountain View reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (158)great for lunch (102)neighborhood gem (102)good for groups (94)fit for foodies (78)kid-friendly (53)vibrant bar scene (50)special occasion (46)hot spot (38)great for brunch (30)romantic (17)late-night find (16)notable wine list (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- OkSSPaVIPDined on 8/30/2014I'm sure great if you love 'Island' style Fish - Poke etc. As for "regular" seafood, it's jusk okay. Priced on high side. Not crowded but took while to get food. Friends not impressed. Not restaurant to 'go out of your way' for. Heard fish & chips great, but didn't have.Special Features:
- Lovely, fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We came here for dinner to celebrate a special occasion and were pleased with both the food and the service. It was too loud to really have a quiet conversation, but the noise was festive and happy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and so-soBibboDined on 8/24/2014Our service was pretty good; if we had to wait too long the Waiter came over to apologize and said it would be soon. Coffee was awful- neat idea w our own pots, but soooo weak. No body to it ay all. Main courses were fantastic; all 6 really enjoyed their meals. Dessert- not so; bread pudding was rubbery and tasteless. Cherry pie ice-cream was made w maraschino cherries? Really? Too sweet. Maybe pie cherries.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMochiDined on 8/23/2014Love the Trio Poke and the Korean ribs. The black cod was very tasty too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/23/2014Not bad, not great. Just so-so experience in general. For the price (not exorbitant but not cheap either), I'd expect the service to be a lot better.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodluvrDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit to Pacific Catch. The food was as great as the first time and the wait staff equally attentive. We will be back!Special Features:
- FoodieLindaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great appetizers! Love the fresh fish. Nice outdoor seating. The shrimp ceviche is YUMMY!Special Features:
- Fun PlaceCkm12Dined on 8/22/2014Went here for the first time with some coworkers and had a great time. Was even treated with a dessert with a candle for my birthday! Food is delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Catch!BeckyDined on 8/17/2014Excellent albeit limited seafood menu with fun sides. Ambiance fun and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Catch Mountain ViewJohncDined on 8/17/2014This was a great find. Food was good, prices were moderate, service was great. We ate outside so it was very good for conversation. We will definitely go back or try one of their other locations. We didn't see any kids there but it certainly would be ok to bring them.Special Features:
- Food, service good; noisy at nightMangiaBeneDined on 8/16/2014I went twice recently - both lunch and dinner. The food was good (better at lunch!), and the service very good both times. There were three ladies at lunch, and we went a little late - 1:00. We all enjoyed our meals, especially the salmon chowder. It wasn't terribly crowded and we were able to have good conversation. When we went to dinner (two couples) on a Saturday evening, it was so noisy in the main dining room that we all had to shout. (The "energetic" choice for noise level annoys me, because I think it should say "too noisy to talk.")Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!AlwaysEatingOutDined on 8/15/2014Lovely setting and ambience for a girls night out. We had a table outside on a warm summer evening which was perfect. Great food, service and affordable prices. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EstherBibboDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service both days salmon sandwich was fav Brownie dessert to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon summer saladboringDined on 8/14/2014Food was disappointing. Salmon was dry, beans were totally raw, potatoes were blah. Plates were attractive, but that was about allSpecial Features:
- trust the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014Had Virgilio as our waiter (party of 3). Everything he suggested was delicious. The one thing we got which he hadn't suggested was not as good. He happily replaced it with something else (even insisted). Total recommend.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining spacemvdenizenDined on 8/8/2014If you decide to dine at Pacific Catch in Mountain View, enjoy the outdoor dining space and the festive ambiance. Service is quick and friendly. The food, in a word, is "meh." Everything was good but not great. We had the poke trio: the original, the Californian, and the special salmon poke. Everything was well prepared, but nothing out of the ordinary (I've definitely had better poke). The spicy tuna roll was again, just okay. It tasted fine, but not better than a spicy tuna roll from a good sushi place. The salmon salad was the most disappointing. The salmon filet looked like it was press-formed (think tyson's chicken breasts) and pre-cooked and reheated. Other elements of the salad were fresh. If you like seafood, go to Sam's.Special Features:
- Nice for lunchtheatergoerDined on 8/8/2014I took a friend to Pacific Catch for lunch. We sat outside on the patio and it was very nice. We each enjoyed a rice bowl. They are very large so we both took half home for lunch the next day. The food was nice. The Thai curry bowl was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014the quality of food has gone way down. We had salads with chicken which were with lettuce that was covered with too much dressing. not as good as it was a few weeks ago
- The black cod special was fresh.foodieladyDined on 8/6/2014We were seated promptly. Server was courteous. The place was a bit loud. We sat across the bar. The entrees were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to neighborhoodeatlocalDined on 8/5/2014Good choice for low key evening. Fresh flavorful seafood in various price ranges.Special Features:
- Catch the Pacific in Mountain ViewDevErnLAHVIPDined on 8/5/2014We love this place-- great food, excellent menu, friendly servers and cooks. Super value for the money in a trendy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- etknoxVIPDined on 8/2/2014Awesome. The food was fresh and delicious and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Stop at the appetizersgatoDined on 7/30/2014The indoors noise level is unbelivable, fortunately we were seated outdoors. Service was wonderful, and the poke fantastic. I wish we had stopped there: the entrees were bland, my black cod was very overcooked and the sauce too cloying. Drinks are very good.Special Features:
- barry3Dined on 7/28/2014Service was very good. The rice and vegetable and fish dishes were excellent Pacific rim food. The MaiTai was the best I tasted in a long time. Also went with a group from work and the buffet they gave us was filling. The happy hour starters were extensive and inexpensive for the amount of food you get.Special Features:
- OK Food + Terrible ServiceNotAFanDined on 7/25/2014The food was not bad, but the service was very disappointing. Within 5 minutes of arriving at the restaurant, my girlfriend had sauce spilled on her and I was hit in the eye by the hostess. The service was incredibly slow and we were practically ignored when trying to get someones attention. I would probably order out from this restaurant, but likely wont dine in again.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We came here to celebrate a friend's birthday last Friday, 07/25. Food and service was great! Love the atmosphere. It was a really nice evening and enjoyed the outside. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- EXTREMELY NOISY,NOT ENOUGH STAFFTerriVIPDined on 7/25/20141/2 of our groups meals arrived cold. Manager offered to redo them, but after a long wait for the food, we said no thank you. They took those items off our bill. Our experience was ruined with cold food, extremely noisy and top it off with a server with no personality that seemed to be unhappy to be at work. we won't go back for quite sometime, hoping they fix some flaws of a new restaurant.
- Great Food - Islander FeelGoodieFoodieDined on 7/25/2014The meal selection reminded me of my vacations in Hawaii and Tahiti. I really enjoyed the food choices over there, so naturally I really enjoyed the food at Pacific Catch. I was fortunate on this day to be able to take a long lunch to catch up with a friend. This was the perfect place for that. I don't know what it would be like if I had a regular lunch one-hour to contend with; the restaurant and servers were hopping. I, however, had a great time. The servers checked on us twice, it was enough times as we did not want to be disturbed. I'll be back with other friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing yet invigoratingBeckyDined on 7/24/2014Easy to make reservations; fun staff; pleasant outdoors seating; refreshingly cool indoor seating; vibrant bar but casual ambiance made for relaxing time with friends over tasty lunch.Special Features:
- barry3Dined on 7/21/2014They were accomodating, They portions were large and a great place to try a multitude of Asian dishes.Special Features:
- first timeNatereviews2Dined on 7/20/2014It was my first time eating here. I enjoyed the restaurant interior as well as the atmosphere. I like the food selection that they had. It had great variety. Portions were good, and food quality was good to. Overall had a good experience and we'll try it again some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sea FoodfoodieDined on 7/18/2014The food was great services was so so, but the mangers jump in to help and also gave us a free appetizerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014This spot has become for go-to spot!! My new favorite restaurant in the Bay Area!Special Features:
- Consistently goodJenrodDined on 7/17/2014This is my second visit and I was equally impressed both times. The food and drinks were great and the service was top notch. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice middle of the roadcarlitayoDined on 7/16/2014Literally and figuratively. On the one side, it is kind of in a parking lot, but they have done a great job making it feel like a neighborhood city type of restaurant. the outside dining was fun. Nice decor that definitely puts it a step above the local chains. Friendly staff. We went for a birthday dinner and got a nice booth for 6 in the corner outside.Special Features:
- Good Food, Not So Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2014Excellent menu with tasty, diverse seafood offerings. Some fine beers on tap, but the "specialty" cocktails are a joke, basically lots of fruit juice and syrups mixed with minimal amounts of alcohol...over-priced and dilute. The major problem with this place is the unrelenting upselling that goes on from the moment you sit down...the waiters (pretty much all of them, as i've been there a dozen times in the past three months) pressure you to buy cocktails, the highest priced items on the menu, and desserts. I imagine there's a team meeting in the restaurant before each shift and the manager pleads, "Sell, sell, sell!" like a used car salesman. Luckily, you can just ignore them and enjoy the very good food!Special Features:
- Delightfully differentFoodluvrDined on 7/12/2014We went for the first time and were seated outside because an indoor table was not immediately available (in spite of our reservation...turned out Paul Martin's had a fire which forced both restaurants to be temporarily evacuated) so they were a bit behind). We both had a seared Ahi rice bowl. At Nicole's suggestion we both had half rice and half salad. It was delicious! The tuna was seared perfectly and the dressing was delicious. Half and half is the way to go on this dish.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very good service. Every one went the extra mile. Food was good and prices were fair. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceMinnieDined on 7/10/2014Very pleased with service and very tasty food. Enjoyed the complimentary dessert for birthday girl too.Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs some workOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/9/2014Timing seems to be an issue...ordered cocktails first ...but appetizers arrived way before cocktails, then as appetizers were cleared, main course came. So, a problem with the bar, The kitchen, the server? We were seated on the patio.Special Features: