Oscar's of Dublin
84 N. High St.
Dublin, OH 43017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oscar's of Dublin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hdrestaurants.com/oscars_dublin/
- Phone: 6147923424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pat Klinker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Weather permitting, we have music on the patio on Wednesday evening and Saturday evening. Patio seating is available on a first come first serve basis.
A word from Oscar's of Dublin
Tucked in the north end of Historic Dublin, Oscar's is a full-service restaurant and wine bar, with a relaxed, rustic feel. Our specialty is good food and drink served right.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Oscar's of Dublin - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
Oscar's of Dublin reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (52)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (32)romantic (31)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (18)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We've never been disappointed at Oscar's. Ever. A nice selection, good service, well-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014We've been going to Oscars for 25 years. It has always been a favorite but declined a touch until a year or two ago. Now back to normal.Special Features:
- Out of town findAFChicagoDined on 8/29/2014We had a wedding in the area and went on Open Table to find dinner for a night. Perfect weather. Outdoor dining. Very good food. The fried oyster appetizer was amazing. My walleye was very good. The veal was great. No complaints. Priced normally for that type of restaurant. A happy find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was fabulous and the service was outstanding! This was our first time dining at Oscar's and we will definitely be back and will recommend it to all of our friends!Special Features:
- Our go to place!foodiemomDined on 8/23/2014You can never go wrong with a night out at Oscars! Great food. Great service. Comfortable outdoor seating for warm weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTMitchVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is alway consistent in quality, service and value. Even though I live in the New Albany area, I have no qualms about driving to the other side of town to eat at Oscar's. It is a consistent winner and well-priced....certainly a good value for the money and several notches above others that charge a much as 30-60% more for the same food, wine and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood restaurantAnnie123Dined on 8/22/2014you can always count on good food and good service at Oscars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchCarolDined on 8/20/2014Our family had lunch here to celebrate 2 birthdays. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Good food. Sub par service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went for our anniversary dinner Friday night. Our server, an older guy, seemed distracted & overwhelmed. He rushed us with all ordering & when he would ask any question like "how is everything" & "would you like dessert" he walked away before we could respond. The food and cocktails were delicious & we would definitely recommend this place. However, they should not schedule that server for busy nights. He didn't seem he could handle it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was great but very noisy in side on a Friday Night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- al fresco dining experiencehgk335Dined on 8/14/2014We experienced a great evening of dining with friends from out of town Thursday night. Everything from the appetizers, wine list, main course, and overall ambiance made it a great evening. Thanks for another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobinDined on 8/9/2014Love eating outside . The food was really good the last 2 times we were their .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodCustomerDined on 8/9/2014We dined here for my Mother's 86 birthday on Saturday night and were very pleased. Each of our group of 6 commented on the exceptional food quality and taste; and the server was friendly, funny and attentive, without being intrusive. Seating at the round table near the front window was a plus for this group size. Would prefer more natural light though opening of the shades, but other than that, it was a perfect dining experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit Outside And Enjoy the FishDarylVIPDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is "known for the walleye", which is good, but if you want a real treat try the sea bass with the mushroom risotto. We sat outside, and a few tables away from the road to reduce any potential noise. Our server was very helpful in aiding our selection among the myriad fish dishes, and we agree that the sea bass was the best among them. We skipped dessert as the menu didn't really appeal to us, and opted for more "liquid dessert" instead, which was fueled nicely from the wine list. The reason for the 3 stars vs. the 4 is the price for the entrees was a little higher than we expected, especially given the local competition of good restaurants.Special Features:
- The Walleye is a must!mrsgagne1Dined on 8/2/2014The dining at Oscars was awesome. We had the Walleye which is what they are known for. Another person had the crispy salmon and it was delicious. Then the last dish someone had was the pork loin. Everything was delicious. Their bread was so good as well. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dublin's BestfoodloverDined on 7/29/2014Oscar's is always enjoyable, the food and drinks never disappoint. It is perfect for a fun night out and a great business meeting spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fareEatingoutDined on 7/25/2014Very pleasant meal, but the room became very noisy as the meal went forward. Realizing that it was restaurant week, we will try again. The meal was well paced and very tasty. Our waiter was efficient but observably very busy.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekFoodie4Dined on 7/23/2014We went during Restaurant Week. The menu selection was terrific, and the value was incredible. Oscar's never disappoints.Special Features:
- Easterbunny46VIPDined on 7/21/2014We were there for lunch so it was not too crowded. The service was very accommodating as we were taking our time and talking a lot. The food was excellent. The waiter, Ryan, split the bill for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014food was overprieced and not tasty Service was terrible Rushed dinner before even finished with salad Never asked if we wanted a nother drink Will not be going back to this restauranter
- Great Place to Entertain CustomersSteveVIPDined on 7/18/2014I frequently take reasonably large (6-8) groups of customers to Oscars. The ambiance, food and service are always very good. We will continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Like it, definitely recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We love coming to Oscar's and have ever since it opened! We think the food is wonderful, and the service is wonderful, and always love sitting outside when available!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014We do love the walleye at this restaurant. This particular evening the service was not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014The service at Oscar's is absolutely wonderful. The wait staff is attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. The menu has a good variety and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not Ireland, but. . .SeasaidhVIPDined on 7/5/2014What a lovely little town and the outdoor seating at Oscar's takes advantage of it. We split a very good beet salad and the walleye was fresh and delicious. The angel hair pasta looked very good too and next time I will definitely try to veal. Lots of good choices here.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014My first time to Oscar's. Food was fantastic and not incredibly expensive. It was a little louder in there than I expected, but the place was packed. Good place for a dinner date out with the spouse or a small group of friends, but not "overly romantic" if that's what you're looking for. We got great service, food came out fast and it was delicious. Can't ask for much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the patio2CelebrateDined on 6/28/2014Food was fabulous as always and the jazz duo added to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencefirsttimeDined on 6/27/2014This was an anniversary dinner so we appreciated that we were not rushed to get in and out like most places. The food was very good and the service was attentive but not over done. There was good energy which made you feel that everyone was having a good time. Would definitely go back for dinner or a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Not againrucn2020VIPDined on 6/26/2014Twice in a row, a very average overall experience at this place. Last time we left before we even got our entrees, this time we did wait it out. Sat almost an hour before they came and there were 3 other filled table other than us in the entire place. Wife got the crispy salmon which was actually 'wilted' not sure what they did to that. This isn't the same place that was here a few years back - must have either new management or ownership. Too many other great choices in Columbus. Don't waste your money or time.
- Charming Historic Dublin RestaurantMelodyEatsDined on 6/14/2014Oscar's Creative American Cuisine really does a fantastic job with great food combinations and choices. Every dish is a pretty good size portion on top of it being very delicious. If there was an Oscar version of an award for best restaurant Oscar's would definitely win for the creative dishes category. Not very vegetarian friendly menu but they did a great job to accommodate my sister and her husband who are both vegetarians who came to my birthday dinner at Oscar's. They can easily modify some dishes to make it vegetarian but it would be really hard for a vegan to find something suitable to eat besides their salads. Sitting outside on the patio gives a charming view of Old Historic Dublin and while listening to musicians play live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thomasVIPDined on 6/14/2014Oscar's has been a long time favorite even when I didn't live here and was coming in to Dublin to visit or coming for the Memorial golf tournament. The ambience, particularly out doors in the summertime is terrific. The menu is old and tired although they tout the "creative American food" slogan. I'd like to go there more often but they need to get on with more creative offerings. Other than that, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ADEQUATEoutsidefoodieDined on 6/13/2014Our meals were okay, but not as good as I remember Oscars.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBernieDined on 6/12/2014Excellent food - good presentation and good service. Unique salad and warm bread are nice treats. Only downside was a large group seated nearby that made the noise level too highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitDisappointedDined on 5/31/2014Arrived for a 9:00 PM reservation Memorial Tournament weekend, having come from Dallas, TX. Ordered a bottle of wine, and after it was opened, and served, we were told they were out of Walleye (the reason I came here). So we went across the street to Tucci's, where I was able to get Walleye.Special Features:
- Poor Service, average foodtravel90210VIPDined on 5/31/2014Had dinner here during the golf tournament. The bar area was nice but we waited 20 minutes after our reservation time. Salads came out quickly and then we waited for 2 hours for the rest of our food. We were not asked if we wanted another drink during this time and we had to go to the bar to ask for service. We asked to speak to the manager she said she was sorry and would check on us when the food arrived- she never came by and at the end of our very long meal they offered us free dessert for the slow service - that is the last thing we wanted! Food was just ok - very average, tons of other places to dine in Dublin with better food and service!
- Great food, great serviceheatherfeatherhhiDined on 5/31/2014The waitress was extremely pleasant, and very helpful in ordering. We got a wonderful secluded table since there were just two of us and we had a fabulous dinner. We had an appetizer (oyster tacos) and two salads both fantastic and then salmon which was cooked absolutely perfectly. Also spent time at the bar - bartenders were great and the people that came in made the vibe special.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceCraver52Dined on 5/31/2014Our service and food were just incredible... we will be backSpecial Features:
- grad dinner for ZachgraduationdinnerDined on 5/31/2014Food was delicious! Favorite spot in downtown Dublin! Chocolate bread pudding is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014We were at the Memorial Golf tournament and asked a local to recommend a good restaurant for dinner that was not a chain. Oscar's was that recommendation and we enjoyed an excellent meal on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.