Opus 9 Steakhouse
5143 Main St
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Opus 9 Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.opus9steakhouse.com/
- Phone: (757) 645-4779
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
11:00am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chun Felix
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Opus 9 features private dining and board rooms for business or social affairs. Special event menus are available to accommodate groups from 10 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Smith 7576454779x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz by the Chris Brydge Duo every Sunday during our Brunch Buffet 11am-2:30p.m.
A word from Opus 9 Steakhouse
Prime steak lovers celebrate the opening of Opus 9 Steakhouse in Williamsburg's Trendy New Town Center. Opus 9 epitomizes the dining experience from quality of steakhouse fare to the diversity of the wine list, casual elegance, club-like lounge sophistication, ambiance, private dining accommodations and first class service. The cozy dining room offers a choice of plush booths, spacious tables, and fireside dining with just the right intimacy for an important business lunch or dinner or romantic special occasion. Delectable entrees are highlighted by our melt-in-your-mouth aged Prime Steak, such as Steak “Oscar 9” topped with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, New York Strip Steak, Au Poivre and Bone-in Filet Mignon: all meticulously prepared to your specifications. Live Maine Lobster, Bronzed North Atlantic Salmon, Award-Winning Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, and nightly fresh seafood specials highlight the seafood menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Opus 9 Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Opus 9 Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)romantic (111)notable wine list (92)fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (72)great for lunch (63)great for brunch (49)good for groups (47)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Opus 9 - they know how to treat customersDeeFDined on 11/13/2014As a woman dining with abother female, I always am sensitive to how a restaurant and their staff treat me. Opus 9 always makes me feel valued. The service is fantastic ... they come back and check water or other beverage levels discreetly and always enquire as to how the food is. They never make me feel like they are in a rush to turn the table over. You can't go wrong dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great $10 lunchesVADinersLoveToEatVIPDined on 11/12/2014This place is always packed at lunch time due to their wonderful $10 lunch specials. There is a nice selection for any taste. Our group had the raspberry chicken salad, the steak salad and their chicken pot pie. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. Wine specials at lunch are a bargain. Desserts are a little pricey but are very good. Most likely purchased from a supply house, but still a good quality. Service is usually very good unless the place is packed. We had very good service. Try it for lunch. Dinner prices are out of sight and not worth $65 for a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9MikeBDined on 11/9/2014Since we found this restaurant 3 years ago we have made it a must go every time we visit Williamsburg. Great food, service and ambiance and close to all of the hotels. The filet mignon is one of the best I've ever had, cooked perfectly and very flavorful. We dined on Sunday and it was half-price bottles of wine. Not only did we have a great meal, we also had a great bottle of wine for half price. A very pleasant surprise indeed. I'm already looking forward to our next visit to Williamsburg because I know Opus 9 will be on the itinerary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencefw81Dined on 11/8/2014Wanted to give Opus 9 a try. I like steak and I have had few good ones, but I would have to put Opus 9 at the top the list. The staff was great, very knowledgeable and patient even place is full they make you feel like you are top priority. Great place for special occasions or a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodisitVIPDined on 11/8/2014Opus 9 is always outstanding but this visit was perfect in every way. All four entrees for our party were perfection and the service and atmosphere was outstanding.Special Features:
- DisappointednicenightoutDined on 11/8/2014Our first time to Opus 9 might be our last. I took my wife on the 22nd anniversary of our first date, but the service completely ruined it. He was friendly, but the rest was poor. He didn't know how to pour a beer; my glass had 4 inches of foam after he poured half the bottle in, so I had to wait to drink it. Before the foam had even subsided, he returned and poured the rest of the bottle in the glass, which overflowed, so we ate our meal on a soaked tablecloth that smelled like beer (he removed it from our tab, but never offered me another and never offered us a different table or even a new tablecloth). I also had to stop him to ask for more toppings for my potato, as he didn't check back again after initially asking us about the taste.
- Food FavesKJfavesDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I love this restaurant....We live in NC, but short vacations to Williamsburg are easy.. It would almost be a sin not to dine at Opus 9 when visiting Williamsburg! Food is excellent and service is suburb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant EveralwayseatgoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014Our table server, Steve, was very helpful and kind when he served us. He made sure that the wine I received was the best kind seeing that he brought over a sample to taste and my first choice was not my favorite. He gave me and my date time to ourselves and stepped in when we needed assistance. We ordered rockfish and the porterhouse. Both were superb and cooked to our taste. The setting was very romantic and perfect for a date or a get together with a friend or two. We also received free champagne as it was our anniversary and 2 free cigars from the manager. It was an amazing experience and we both agreed to stop by again if we got the chance, knowing that we are from out of state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with very good food.FredDined on 11/7/2014Upscale place to dine with very good food and very good service. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great lunchVADinersLoveToEatVIPDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful lunchtime deals await diners. Their $10 has something for everyone. Our party dined on a crab cake sandwich and their house chicken salad. Both were very good with generous portions. Service was very good. Worth a trip to New Town for a special lunch.Special Features:
- poor lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2014food mushy have not been to brunch for quite awhile,very disapointed. Roast beef still on the hoof.Special Features:
- Incredible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014an absolute must for that special occasion or if you are just looking for for an amazing meal with a professional and courteous staff. Been living in Williamsburg 5 years and just recently found Opus 9 through a friend...feel robbed that I have not been there sooner!Special Features:
- Exceptional RestaurantEMTkidDined on 11/1/2014It was an all around 5-star experience for my family, friends and I. The service, food and ambiance was finominal and greater than expected; however, I did not appreciate the grammatical corrections to my friend from my waiter, I found that quite rude and disrecpectful to a patron of the restaurant. Being that I am only 17 and an Emergency Medical Technician, I can honestly say people do see teenagers as ignorant but talking down to a customer is un-caled-for. It may have been intended as a joke but was embarrassing in front of other patrons of the establishment. Other than that minor set back to the review, 5-stars all the way and I plan on returning quite often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experience!MaryDined on 10/28/2014We always come here whenever we visit Williamsburg (6-7 times a year). It never disappoints. Great food and service at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- LocalDined on 10/28/2014Extensive lunch menu with many selections only $10. Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Another excellent mealSassafrasCarolDined on 10/26/2014We visit this restaurant whenever we vacation in Williamsburg. The food is always very well prepared and they were amenable to a slight menu change request. Sunday night is half price bottles of wine. We have always had seafood and rockfish, scallops, crab cakes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's SteakhouseFussyVIPDined on 10/23/2014The perfect server with time to be friendly but not forward. Perfectly cooked steak and tuna. A bit less salt in the Asian slaw would make it better, but the garden salad was so good with a fresh basil vinegarette that I had it for desset one night despite the flourless chocolate tart being fantastic. The servings are way too big in the steakhouse tradition. Plan to have great leftovers.Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining2DineFineDined on 10/22/2014The evening was enjoyable. The staff were very friendly, patient, and observant. Our entree could have been a little warmer. Appetizers were excellent as well the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to experience Opus9WillreturnDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I were in the area on a short holiday and went to Opus9 for an Aniversary Dinner. We received a brochure at our resort and went to try the Concierge Special. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and seated promptly. Our server was excellent and brought us the bottle of wine ordered before taking our order. The food we ordered from the special menu was excellent. The server checked on us at times to ensure everything was up to expectations and the manager stopped by to ensure everything was good. There was no rush and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Highly recommend this location. We were there at 7:00pm on a Monday evening and the restaurant was full. A very good sign. Suggest you make reservations. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Server spoiled it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/20/2014Over priced bar drinks. Excellent food. Arrogant severSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday ChoiceDrJohnVIPDined on 10/19/2014If you are in Williamsburg on Sunday give this a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Place2LegggettsDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were looking for a great place to have a romantic and classy dinner. We took a risk and ate at Opus 9. It is by far the best steak I have ever eaten in my life. Our server was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. We will be back to enjoy yet another delicious meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch spot9FanDined on 10/17/2014I am so impressed with Opus 9, especially for lunch. I have been a regular for some time now. Where else can you have an elegant and delicious lunch, served by attentive servers, at an affordable price?Special Features:
- Birthday BrillianceLuv2celebrateDined on 10/16/2014Took my family out for Mom & Brothers birthdays. Every touch from greeting to ending was perfect. Food was phenomenal! A bit pricey, but worth ever penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and qualityEatoutoftenDined on 10/16/2014We go several times a year and we always have great service and the food is always delicious. Good selection alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014For the quality of the food, this restaurant is seriously overpriced. We had to send back a steak to be re-cooked twice. Wouldn't recommend.
- Excellent service and food.SteakloverDined on 10/10/2014I ate the cowboy cut ribeye which was amazing. Had it made Au Poivere style which was awesome. The seared ahi tuna was also great. Server was a bit slow in refilling drinks but overall the service was good, quick to receive food, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Efffort-but priceyJomallDined on 10/8/2014The staff tries hard to please. The steaks are good,and would be reason to return. The crabcakes depended on the filling for flavor and werent impressive.The fries that came with the steak were a bit soggy. The cheesecake was dull.Steak was perfectly prepared and quality was excellent. The fixed dinner specials are the way to go to avoid the staggering prices.Special Features:
- What happened to the crabcake?MagnoliaDined on 10/8/2014I wanted to take my friends to a special place for lunch. We had not seen each other for years. They were impressed with the ambiance and the waiter was very nice. I suggested the crabcake to my friend who had never eaten here. I raved about the lump crab meat piled high with a light broiling and delicious sauce. The crab cakes were delivered dry and were small scoops that only took up the center of the bun. The sauce was watery and almost florescent in color. I was very embarrassed and apologized to her after we were out of the restaurant. Please keep the quality of food and presentation we have come to expect at this wonderful restaurant. I never want to leave embarrassed again.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereSusanjDined on 10/6/2014Great cocktails, salads, sides. Service was a bit slow (and we are never in a hurry). Very nce place for a special night out,Special Features:
- Opus 9roseDined on 10/6/2014Disappointing! Have been at this restaurant many times, we were always satisfied. We tried the Beef Wellington and we both thought it had a lack of flavor as well as too much grizzle. Presentation of the meal seemed like it was just thrown on the plate. The server had a large party to attend to and made us feel rushed and in the way. Expected more from this lovely restaurant!
- Love O 9HOSSDined on 10/5/2014You are greeted at the door by warm and friendly Host/Hostess. Sunday is a great day to dine at Opus 9, wine by the bottle is half price with happy hour 4pm-7pm. Wait staff extremely knowledgeable and do this job well. Made the reservation on-line, loved it, simple and convenient. May be a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. If you are not in the mood for a fine, well prepared steak, there are non steak items on the menu that are absolutely fabulous!! The Ahi Tuna as an appetizer....presentation and taste, one word, AWSOME well two, DELISIOUS! To cap off a superb meal, one must save room for desert, cant decide which one is the best; Beethoven's Favorite, Key Lime Pie, New York style cheese cake. Thank you Opus 9Special Features:
- outstanding celebratory brunch1Dav1Dined on 10/5/2014I asked my now fiance to marry me Saturday night. We celebrated with brunch at opus9. It was outstanding. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentgranfoodieDined on 10/2/2014Opus 9 has brought a new light to the Williamsburg area scene. Top notch wait staff and food with ambiance. We could not suggest an improvement of any sort.Special Features:
- Very GoodWilliamsburgFoodieDined on 9/28/2014Very nice meal. The server Kara was excellent. The food was prepared well, needed a little more flavor on appetizers, and oysters kept this from being 5 stars around. A very solid effort. The price is a little high, but with food prices today it is no wonder. The young man assisting server needs a little more polish, needs to relax a little, almost had a big mishap with wine glasses on 2 occasions, Kara picked him up though, great team work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 Continues to be the Best!!!LynnDined on 9/27/2014Opus 9 never fails!! Excellent food, ambiance, and service! Our food was delicious and our server attentive and efficient!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in WilliamsburgDrLydiaGrayDined on 9/27/2014Seven of my family members went to Opus 9 to celebrate my parent's 56th wedding anniversary. The service was top notch and the food was wonderful! We have been to many of the top restaurants in Williamsburg and always find this one to be the best! Resonable prices and the ambiance is beautiful. Very well trained staff from the hostess to the server and everyone we encountered. We will be back!Special Features:
- CindyDined on 9/25/2014excellent restaurant for dinner for special occasions.Special Features:
- L StraderMeatheadDined on 9/25/2014As always O-9 does a terrific job of service, professionalism and great food.Special Features:
- SailorJimDined on 9/24/2014we had excellent attentive service from Kyle our server...entrees served quickly perfect and delivered hot !Special Features: