Olio e Limone Ristorante
11 W Victoria St, Ste 17
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Olio e Limone Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olioelimone.com/
- Phone: 8058992699x1
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Morello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a wedding, birthday or holiday event, or perhaps a family, social, business or philanthropic gathering, our experienced kitchen and wait staff will help make your special event memorable.
We custom-create catering menus for each of our guest's events to accommodate various needs, tastes, and budgets. Contact Olio e Limone Ristorante Events Coordinator at email@example.com or (805) 899-2699, Option 3.
- Private Party Facilities: Olio e Limone Ristorante provides exclusive authentic Italian Private Dining in the Cucina Room for up to 40 guests. Casual Italian private dining available next door at Olio Pizzeria (Terrazza Room and Taverna Room) for up to 32 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 8058992699x3
- Special Events: Christmas Eve, 12/24/12: Regular hours / regular menu.
Christmas Day, 12/25/12: Closed
New Years Eve, 12/31/12: Join Olio e Limone for their our annual Cenone di Cappo d'Anno (New Year's Eve Feast). PRIX FIXE MENU ONLY during dinner hours ($75 per person, food menu only).
Valentine's Day, 02/14/13: Festa di San Valentino (Valentine's Day Feast) PRIX FIXE MENU ONLY during dinner hours.
A word from Olio e Limone Ristorante
Olio e Limone Ristorante, located in downtown Santa Barbara's historic arts district, serves artisanal Zagat-rated Italian cuisine. Meaning “oil and lemon” in Italian, their restaurant’s name reflects husband-wife team Alberto and Elaine Morello’s philosophy: rely on the integrity of the ingredients and quality of the preparation to provide Santa Barbara diners “simply sophisticated” Italian cuisine served in an inviting atmosphere with European hospitality. Start with burrata salad or white Mediterranean anchovies, then tuck into a plate of house-made ravioli filled with roasted eggplant and goat cheese, topped with a fresh tomato and basil sauce and shaved ricotta salata. And be sure to take home a bottle of their own olio, an organic extra-virgin olive oil made from Sicilian olive varieties. Private dining in the Cucina Room for up to 40 guests. Bonus: their pizza bar, salumi bar, wine bar and full bar next door at Olio Pizzeria, with private dining for up to 32 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Olio e Limone Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Olio e Limone Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (81)romantic (67)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (22)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- a mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014we went here to celebrate an anniversary. the restaurant is crowded with tables very close to one another and once full, it was noisy. the food was quite good but equaled by many other local restaurants, wine list is extensive, service was good... the prices were a little higher than was justified though. I saw that the wine we purchased, for example, was 50% more than the same bottle at another local restaurant. for two entrees (both beef), two of their lowest priced salads, one of their lower cost bottles of wine, a shared dessert, plus tip we went over $200. Obviously, had we just purchased two glasses of wine and gone with less expensive entrees, we would have had a lower bill but...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Very good food - but the ambiance was a bit sterile, oddly do for an Italian restaurant. We enjoyed our experience overall but would love to see the space warmed up and a bit more engaging!
- Excellent Santa Barbara RestaurantsRivkaDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten in both the restaurant for dinner and their pizzeria for lunch. Both are delicious and never disappoint! We always dine in both of their places every time we visit Santa Barbara. I would definitely put it on top of your Santa Barbara dining out list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olio & LimoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Good pasta, secondi dish was not good, very expensive $$$$ for dinner, go there lunch time less $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningbricesmomDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Olio e Limone (did not tell the waiter) and all was perfect. From the attentive, but not intrusive waiter, to the food and the pace in which it was presented, this restaurant did not let us down. Tables are well spaced for private conversations, we ate every morsel on our plates, and even the bread was exceptional. Interesting restaurant as there were families dining (with well mannered children), young couples, old couples - it appeals to everyone. When we entered and were going to be seated there was a 2-top near a family of little ones (unusual for this type of food) and one that was more private. I was fully intending to tell the host 'not by the kids', but he never even thought to seat us there.Special Features:
- The Best in Santa BarbaraKdrewDined on 8/23/2014We have been going there since they opened in 1999 and it has always been where we go for our Anniversary, date night , new friends in town. We always get great service and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Santa BarbaraAZFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a great dinner. Now they have a Crudo Bar for tapas and drinks. Great martinii's , raw items, charcuterie and after dinner drinks. The best keep getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top italian dinnerfoodloverDined on 8/14/2014Food was fresh, homemade, and flavors were well balanced. They only complaints were that the waiter did not inform us that we would be charged to split the meal and our waiter had us wait awhile between dessert and receiving our check. But overall worth trying because the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Italian RestaurantBikemoreDined on 8/11/2014Santa Barbara has lots of great restaurants, and several really good Italian restaurants. I have always enjoyed my meals at Olio e Limone, but the latest meal was the best yet. The special quail appetizer was delicious; delicate morsels, boned, except for the leg & stuffed with Prosciutto and a roasted fig. Very special confluence of taste. The tenderloin entree was perfectly cooked; tender and seasoned to perfection. The server was attendant, and very knowledgeable and helpful with wine selections. We go there on special occasions- this our 4th anniversary - and the meal made our day even more special.Special Features:
- Real Italian restaurant with classOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Many Italian restaurant exist but very few brings a real Italian experience. From the host and waiter greetings through the coffee and desert, we enjoyed our dinner at Olio e limone and it felt really like Italy. The restaurant is tiny but has class while remaining comfortable. The food was great. You must try the mozzarella do buffala and tomato, the duck tortellini with porcini mushroom sauce and the limone tart for desert. Great food in a nice neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDateNightDuoDined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend and I decided to come here for dinner for our date night. We had both never been here, but we were not disappointed. We were seated quickly, the server was very informative and catered to our needs. The food tasted great as well, and the wine the server recommended paired well with my dish. We had a lovely dinner. Thanks!Special Features:
- SANTA BARBARA MUST!OHYEAHLIODined on 8/9/2014do not visit santa barbara without dining here! the food is spectacular and the service perfect. ask for the manager rich. this man was so accommodating, knowledgable and fun! he's one of those fabulous finds who figures out a way to make your request/wish come true. rather than excuses, this personable veteran of the business happily delights in finding solutions. he made our dinner such a pleasurable, welcoming, warm experience. make a rez though, cuz the word is out on this neighborhood jewel. enjoy! love and faith LAF!Special Features:
- Perfect eveninghappydinerDined on 8/9/2014Toma is wonderful from the minute you walk in and are greeted at the door. It has a relaxed feeling ..yet elegant. The service is efficient, friendly, and spot on. Our needs were attended to before we knew we had them. Yet they are never hovering...the wait staff just appears when needed. The food was perfect..every bite was delicious. The room is relatively quiet so you can enjoy a conversation without yelling at each other...and you can actually hear what is being said by everyone at the table. It really was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This was a great guess for dinner. Living 300 miles away it looked good on line and sure enough was. Great Italian cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KdrewDined on 8/6/2014This is our Favorite Place to eat in Santa Barbara! We have been going since they opened many years ago, Always Great!Special Features:
- FoodcrazyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Food is always well done. Service was a bit slower than it has been in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSBPoncesDined on 7/28/2014Olio e Limone has always been a favorite and our dinner did not disappoint. We started with a glass of Prosecco each and dined on first class Italian cuisine from appetizers to dessert. The carpaccio was amazing and the veal scallopini with artichokes very original. The service was top notch and we left full and happy. A great special occasion restaurant. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scooter7707Scooter7707Dined on 7/24/2014Very nice dinner - tables not crowded together - food so fresh and not overcooked. Good wine list.Special Features:
- Used to be greatMarlaDined on 7/20/2014This used to be a special little gem of a restaurant where you could tell the chef took special care with the food. Now that they have expanded twice - into the pizzeria and crudo bar next door - the quality of the food and service has declined. Like so many other restaurants, they got the "expansion" bug and now the original restaurant is suffering. The food took forever to arrive and was just ok - not great. Sadly, we will not be going back
- europeanDined on 7/19/2014Pleasant and warm environment but crowded and noisy a bit. Our sitting was uncomfortable, with other guests and stuff bumping agains a chair and dishes moving overhead. But the food was outstanding with both Italian appearance and aroma. Selection is good but not outstanding. Good place to visit but not too oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Food was exceptional and excellent. Dessert, bread pudding was fair, cappachino arrived piping hot but unfortunately,tasteless. That Olio is next to New Vic makes an added plus for a total evening out. We will and have been back many times to OlioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never made it to the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014We showed up at the front desk at 7:50 for our 8:00 reservation and restaurant not full.Stood there for 10 minutes, as waiters worked around us, no host or hostess, I guess, and no one ever greeted us. A waiter finally came up to a family,without reservations, and spoke to them. I informed him we had 8:00 reservations, and he said they had been waiting a long time and he would be back in while to get us. At 8:15, we left, without him ever returning, went next door to Bouchon, without a reservation, very busy, and were seated in 10 minutes, and had an amazing meal.
- Girls Night Outtastey1Dined on 7/16/2014A dear friend and her daughter visited, while they attended UCSB's back to school orientation and activities. I wanted to think of a spot that appealed to all three of us. My friend loves fresh pasta and I wasn't sure what her daughter would like. Olio has everything! There is something for all tastes.
- AttitudeReviewerVIPDined on 7/14/2014Although we arrived at 715pm for our 715pm reservation, there seemed to be no host or hostess available to seat us. After waiting far too long for this, we were finally seated, with attitude, and then were ignored for another significant amount of time. I have no idea about the food, as we got up and left in frustration. We walked 2 doors down to another restaurant, and they seated us promptly, and served wonderful food. Try BOUCHON, not this place!
- Santa Barbara's FinestNickiVIPDined on 7/13/2014Olio e Limone has long been our "go-to" restaurant for special occasions and treats. We love to take friends there and recommend it with complete confidence. Somehow though, we hadn't been in a while -- until Sunday night. We wondered if it would be the same or if perhaps the creation of a third Olio (Olio Crudo) might have diluted the attention to culinary detail and the commitment to the highest standards of food and service. We needn't have worried. Olio e Limone is still the best! I had the beef rib special and nearly wept when I reached the last bite! My grief was eased by the delights of their lemon tart and an excellent coffee. We'll be back, of course! NickiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, judgey serversJiggsDined on 7/12/2014I dined here with my fiancée last week and we were probably the youngest diners in the restaurant (we are 28 and 32). The servers clearly judged us by this fact, as we waited over 40 minutes to have our order taken. Mind you our reservation was late enough already (8pm). We saw other tables seated after us receive their main courses before we received our appetizer and it was disheartening. We were really hoping for a nice romantic dinner together. The food was delicious and one of the other servers, Gustav, seemed really lovely and genuine. I wished we could have received the same service.Special Features:
- Just OKAuntyDined on 7/10/2014My guest and I agree, we have seen many reviews stating that it was an exceptional restaurant. However, while the butternut squash ravioli I ordered was flavorful, but a little strong, the sauce was way to thick. My guest ordered a dish she had in Italy and loved, and not seen on the menus here, called Fettuccine ala crema di Scampi. It was very salty. When asked by the waiter how it was, there was no comment by the waiter We would rate it over all maybe a 4 out of 10. Also I thought it a little strange that at the height of tourist season, there were only three other tables of diners at the lunch hour. For the last couple of years we have been lunching at Santa Barbara's best and all were full or nearly full at all times of the year.Special Features:
- BATNLDined on 7/5/2014Good Italian/Sicilian restaurant in Santa Barbara but not perfect. Pasta, which is naturally a featured item on the menu, was all slightly overcooked. To be really good pasta must be cooked al dente, and it was kind of soft here. One of the desserts was great, the panna cotta with fig and balsamic but the other, the chocolate banana bread pudding, was undistinguished. However, everything else the four of us was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its bestBcbimmerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Thanks to open table reviewers, I decided to book a reservation here and was not disappointed. I had the Taglioni al Pesto and was very happy. The pasta was fresh and cooked perfectly and the pesto was outstanding. The service was friendly and made great recommendations from the menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian food!KarenCDined on 7/4/2014Olio e Limone has a broad pasta menu, but we chose not to have pasta on this visit. We had caprese salad and prosciutto di parma with pecorino and pear salad. The mozzarella was fresh and soft. Then we had the sea bass special and scallopine di vitello ai funghi e marsala. Both were delicious. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Love this place and wish I lived nearer to it.Special Features:
- Tasty food DTSBwineanddineDined on 7/3/2014What great Italian food! Mushroom Risotto and Duck Ravioli were to die for! Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most in SBGrathygrubDined on 7/3/2014Loved this place so much! A healthy pour on the wines, wonderful waiter and outstanding food. We went to the Lark the next night and it paled by comparison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfoooooooooooooooooooooodDined on 6/30/2014great food, great place - we had a great time eating at Olio e LimoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in Santa BarbaraLove2eatDined on 6/29/2014Away from the tourist scene. This is an excellent restaurant with exquisite food. I loved the osso buco. Excellent service. Silvio, our server, was very helpful and patient. He made excellent recommendations and took the time to chat with us. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ItalianCritterBightDined on 6/28/2014Overall a good experience... Probably the best for Italian food in SB. The front dining room is a bit noisy with diners talking. The back room is quiet and generally more pleasant. Service was on par but smiles were rare from the staff. Food was very good and I recommend sharing.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant has a very pleasant ambience. A nice energy level but not too loud. Menu has a lot of options and the food and service were very good. Will go again the next time we are in Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat with gustoeatwithgustoVIPDined on 6/20/2014One of our favorite restaurants in SB. I try a different starter each time and I am never disappointed. Great entrees, great specials, very good wine list, delicious food.Special Features:
- Great Meal!QuietDiner93110Dined on 6/17/2014What a beautiful, elegant restaurant. We met friends here for a meal and were delightfully surprised by the ambiance and quiet surroundings. It was so refreshing to go to a restaurant where you do not have to yell above the music. The meal was exquisite and the service impeccable. Cheers Olio Lemon, well done.Special Features:
- ClassysbicDined on 6/10/2014Second only to Downeys, this is the classiest restaurant in SB. Specials always good.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Beginning with a wonderful Egg Plant soufflé, and both entrees - Osso Boco the Filet Strip - they were cooked to perfection. The Osso Boco reminded me of how my family would make it. This was accompanied by a delicious risotto. A must for anyone liking Italian food. I know that we will be certain to make a reservation on a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.