Olio e Limone Ristorante
11 W Victoria St, Ste 17
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Olio e Limone Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olioelimone.com/
- Phone: 8058992699x1
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Morello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a wedding, birthday or holiday event, or perhaps a family, social, business or philanthropic gathering, our experienced kitchen and wait staff will help make your special event memorable.
We custom-create catering menus for each of our guest's events to accommodate various needs, tastes, and budgets. Contact Olio e Limone Ristorante Events Coordinator at email@example.com or (805) 899-2699, Option 3.
- Private Party Facilities: Olio e Limone Ristorante provides exclusive authentic Italian Private Dining in the Cucina Room for up to 40 guests. Casual Italian private dining available next door at Olio Pizzeria (Terrazza Room and Taverna Room) for up to 32 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 8058992699x3
- Special Events: Christmas Eve, 12/24/12: Regular hours / regular menu.
Christmas Day, 12/25/12: Closed
New Years Eve, 12/31/12: Join Olio e Limone for their our annual Cenone di Cappo d'Anno (New Year's Eve Feast). PRIX FIXE MENU ONLY during dinner hours ($75 per person, food menu only).
Valentine's Day, 02/14/13: Festa di San Valentino (Valentine's Day Feast) PRIX FIXE MENU ONLY during dinner hours.
A word from Olio e Limone Ristorante
Olio e Limone Ristorante, located in downtown Santa Barbara's historic arts district, serves artisanal Zagat-rated Italian cuisine. Meaning “oil and lemon” in Italian, their restaurant’s name reflects husband-wife team Alberto and Elaine Morello’s philosophy: rely on the integrity of the ingredients and quality of the preparation to provide Santa Barbara diners “simply sophisticated” Italian cuisine served in an inviting atmosphere with European hospitality. Start with burrata salad or white Mediterranean anchovies, then tuck into a plate of house-made ravioli filled with roasted eggplant and goat cheese, topped with a fresh tomato and basil sauce and shaved ricotta salata. And be sure to take home a bottle of their own olio, an organic extra-virgin olive oil made from Sicilian olive varieties. Private dining in the Cucina Room for up to 40 guests. Bonus: their pizza bar, salumi bar, wine bar and full bar next door at Olio Pizzeria, with private dining for up to 32 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Olio e Limone Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Olio e Limone Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (84)romantic (64)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (25)good for groups (16)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dinner at OliosbdiningDined on 10/25/2014Great Food, lovely interior, low noise level, encyclopedic wine list and attentive service. What more could you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSkipDined on 10/24/2014One of our favorite Santa Barbara restaurants. Somewhat pricey but occasionally worth treating yourself.Special Features:
- Delcious and EnjoyableCheshireTrainDined on 10/18/2014With friends in town, Olio e Limone delivered on a delicious meal and great conversation; thank you!Special Features:
- Hidden GemChrisDined on 10/7/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in SB. Great for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLoveItalianfoodDined on 10/6/2014We ordered the pasta special For $ 33 you get a small plate of not bad but not great pasta dish. My husband would need another meal to fill up.
- SherbearSherbearVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is an amazing resturant and the food is always delicious. Special are always a new twist and they have a great wine list and cocktail menuSpecial Features:
- SeatingHungryDined on 10/4/2014We had to wait to be seated. The host was not at the front to greet us and when we finally saw him he was "wandering" around the Resturant talikng to guest. Once we were seated we noticed that this continued. One couple actually told a bus boy that they were seating themselves. Not a good thing for such a grt Resturant.Special Features:
- Wonderful authentic ItalianFoodIsGoodDined on 10/3/2014Olio is probably my favorite Italian restaurant in town. The place itself is lovely and the ambiance is perfect for a romantic date or fancy celebration. The wine list is extensive and they can provide some excellent recommendations, but don't ignore the delicious cocktail list. Everything I've had on the menu has been phenomenal and I recommend this place to everyone I can.Special Features:
- food was good but seemed overatedSanDiegoDriverDined on 9/29/2014Pasta was good but nothing fantastic or unusual. Service was slow especially since there were only 3 parties in the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerTraveller01Dined on 9/28/2014Very classy Italian restaurant. Refined salads. The spaghetti seafood a highlight.Special Features:
- Excellent!Baw0929VIPDined on 9/28/2014We were here for the first time in 2006. My now-husband and I were dating and on our first trip to SB together. While I certainly don't recall what we ordered I clearly remember that we thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Olio e Limone. Now, 8 years later we returned to SB, and we were determined to find that "charming little restaurant", but had absolutely no idea the name, location or even if the place was still in business after so many years. But, after driving down one street and another, making several u-turns and using reviews from Yelp, we finally found it! My husband ordered Chicken Parmigiana and I requested the Pasta Carbonara- both were excellent! Great service and lovely ambiance. Definitely worth all the trouble for us to find!Special Features:
- EaterVIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant has become too crowded with tables scrunched in. Food and service has also suffered. Only having one restroom is unacceptible.
- Disappointed to put it mildlyLPIVDined on 9/27/2014This was not our 1st experience dining at this restaurant. We chose it for a triple birthday celebration because of our past experiences. This time while the food was excellent, the service was inexcusably BAD. From the time we were seated until our meal was served = 55 minutes. NOT ONCE did our waiter come by to ask if we needed anything else, or even if we would like another bottle of wine (which we would have ordered). The busboys (helpers) were attentive, filling water glasses etc. After we finished our meal & our table was cleared, we waited another 20 minutes for the waiter to appear -my husband finally had to ask a busboy to find our waiter so we could pay our check. Summary: food= excellent. Service= TERRIBLE. We will not returnSpecial Features:
- Northern Italy in Santa BarbaraSantaBarbaraRussDined on 9/26/2014Immediately before dinner we were reviewing photos of a past trip to Italy, especially the great food. Appetites whetted, we had them more than satiated at dinner. The pasta was fresh and delicious, service was outstanding and every taste was a great experience. Only drawback is the noise level of the restaurant and the closeness of the tables (an issue with a number of restaurants these days). All things considered, a fabulous night outSpecial Features:
- Great ItalianTweetypDined on 9/19/2014The food was fantastic. Serving size on smaller side but food was very rich so was perfect. Small restraurant with tables packed in but surprisingly quieter than I thought would be. Would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service and AmbienceHarrisManDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I took our daughter to Olio e Limone for dinner on my daughter's 21st birthday, and we could not have made a better choice. The food was outstanding, the service superb and the general ambience / experience was everything we hoped for. The wine list is extensive and generally rather expensive, but there are several reasonably priced wines included which in some restaurants is not the case, and I commend the management for this. I recommend Olio e Limone very highly and hope to visit again the next time I am in Santa Barbara,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Unfortunately our experience was disappointing. The food ranged from good to very good. The carpaccio, quail Ragu and crime brûlée were very good. The ambiance was fine tho hardly inspiring. However, our waiter essentially disappeared after we ordered our food, which made it impossible to order a second glass of wine to go with my entree. Food arrived in good time, but waiter never checked on either course. Finally flagged him down as he took order nearby and got my wine halfway thru my entree. Not terrible service, but coupled with the less-than-stunning food, not what I would expect in such a highly rated place. Perhaps my expectations were too high as our two previous dinners had been so wonderful in food and service.
- Special EveningCristianaDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a lovely anniversary evening at Olio e Limone while visiting Santa Barbara this weekend. From start to finish we were very impressed. The host found us a quiet spot in the back room and checked on us during our meal. Our server was very knowledgeable, and suggested an excellent bottle of wine to accompany our outstanding dishes. Start to finish I would highly recommend Olio for the high quality Italian fare (insalata tricolore, pappardelle al Sugo di Quaglie e Funghi, spaghetti allo Scoglio, panna cotta with fresh berries) and extensive wine list. Molto bene!Special Features:
- MHOCDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed the restaurant very much. My meal wasn't very good, but my 2 dinner guests have the rib-eye and said it was wonderful. The atmosphere was very nice. Our waiter was not very attentive - little off standish. The rest of the staff was great. Would most definitely return to eat here again despite having a bad experience with my meal choice.Special Features:
- Superb supperCC64VIPDined on 9/11/2014Quiet, white tablecloth, abundant staff--all the trappings of a stuffy restaurant taking itself too seriously, but not here. Service was outstanding--attentive and able to effectively describe each dish of interest to us. We had one dish on the regular menu (veal scalloping) and one daily special (fresh salmon), both were delicious (dessert also a treat--coffee tiramisu that disappeared quickly).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningMEBSBDined on 9/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed everything about the evening. Food and drink were stellar! Service was friendly. We even got a special treat for our celebration. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Loved it!!! Thank you for the great experience!!! Alberto is fantastic!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian CuisineKateDined on 9/1/2014We spent a charming evening at Olio e Limone, where the service was attentive, the dining experience unpretentious, and the food unbelievably delicious! The risotto was one of the best we have ever had in the US, and the carpaccio and salads were perfect. Don't miss dessert, either ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food is lovely and prepared beautifully. One dish was not our best so gave it 4 stars. Had we picked differently would probably give 5Special Features:
- yummy!caribirdDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant came highly recommended from our travel agent & we tried it for our anniversary weekend. The appetizer with the seafood medley was out of this world! The entrees were very good but not excellent. Our waitress was far and above special. We had asked what the broth was from the appetizer and she forgot to tell us but then called us on our way back to the hotel. That was quite unique that she went that extra mile for us. She also gave us a lovely anniversary dessert even though we didn't order any.Special Features:
- a mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014we went here to celebrate an anniversary. the restaurant is crowded with tables very close to one another and once full, it was noisy. the food was quite good but equaled by many other local restaurants, wine list is extensive, service was good... the prices were a little higher than was justified though. I saw that the wine we purchased, for example, was 50% more than the same bottle at another local restaurant. for two entrees (both beef), two of their lowest priced salads, one of their lower cost bottles of wine, a shared dessert, plus tip we went over $200. Obviously, had we just purchased two glasses of wine and gone with less expensive entrees, we would have had a lower bill but...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Very good food - but the ambiance was a bit sterile, oddly do for an Italian restaurant. We enjoyed our experience overall but would love to see the space warmed up and a bit more engaging!
- Excellent Santa Barbara RestaurantsRivkaDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten in both the restaurant for dinner and their pizzeria for lunch. Both are delicious and never disappoint! We always dine in both of their places every time we visit Santa Barbara. I would definitely put it on top of your Santa Barbara dining out list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olio & LimoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Good pasta, secondi dish was not good, very expensive $$$$ for dinner, go there lunch time less $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent downtown dinnerFranzOstDined on 8/29/2014Good level Italian cuisine is provided, a fair choice of wines. Food largely standard design, prepared on a rather good level. Starters (anchovies, carpaccio) very decent. My main, for my own taste, too large a piece of otherwise well prepared veal. Quantity can be reduced for my taste, refinement can be enhanced.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningbricesmomDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Olio e Limone (did not tell the waiter) and all was perfect. From the attentive, but not intrusive waiter, to the food and the pace in which it was presented, this restaurant did not let us down. Tables are well spaced for private conversations, we ate every morsel on our plates, and even the bread was exceptional. Interesting restaurant as there were families dining (with well mannered children), young couples, old couples - it appeals to everyone. When we entered and were going to be seated there was a 2-top near a family of little ones (unusual for this type of food) and one that was more private. I was fully intending to tell the host 'not by the kids', but he never even thought to seat us there.Special Features:
- The Best in Santa BarbaraKdrewDined on 8/23/2014We have been going there since they opened in 1999 and it has always been where we go for our Anniversary, date night , new friends in town. We always get great service and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Santa BarbaraAZFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a great dinner. Now they have a Crudo Bar for tapas and drinks. Great martinii's , raw items, charcuterie and after dinner drinks. The best keep getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Delightful Italian restaurant. Varity of usual suspects on menu. Duck Ravioli was superb and were the short ribs. Good wine list reasonably priced. Seating was a bit tight. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top italian dinnerfoodloverDined on 8/14/2014Food was fresh, homemade, and flavors were well balanced. They only complaints were that the waiter did not inform us that we would be charged to split the meal and our waiter had us wait awhile between dessert and receiving our check. But overall worth trying because the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Italian RestaurantBikemoreDined on 8/11/2014Santa Barbara has lots of great restaurants, and several really good Italian restaurants. I have always enjoyed my meals at Olio e Limone, but the latest meal was the best yet. The special quail appetizer was delicious; delicate morsels, boned, except for the leg & stuffed with Prosciutto and a roasted fig. Very special confluence of taste. The tenderloin entree was perfectly cooked; tender and seasoned to perfection. The server was attendant, and very knowledgeable and helpful with wine selections. We go there on special occasions- this our 4th anniversary - and the meal made our day even more special.Special Features:
- Real Italian restaurant with classOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Many Italian restaurant exist but very few brings a real Italian experience. From the host and waiter greetings through the coffee and desert, we enjoyed our dinner at Olio e limone and it felt really like Italy. The restaurant is tiny but has class while remaining comfortable. The food was great. You must try the mozzarella do buffala and tomato, the duck tortellini with porcini mushroom sauce and the limone tart for desert. Great food in a nice neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDateNightDuoDined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend and I decided to come here for dinner for our date night. We had both never been here, but we were not disappointed. We were seated quickly, the server was very informative and catered to our needs. The food tasted great as well, and the wine the server recommended paired well with my dish. We had a lovely dinner. Thanks!Special Features:
- SANTA BARBARA MUST!OHYEAHLIODined on 8/9/2014do not visit santa barbara without dining here! the food is spectacular and the service perfect. ask for the manager rich. this man was so accommodating, knowledgable and fun! he's one of those fabulous finds who figures out a way to make your request/wish come true. rather than excuses, this personable veteran of the business happily delights in finding solutions. he made our dinner such a pleasurable, welcoming, warm experience. make a rez though, cuz the word is out on this neighborhood jewel. enjoy! love and faith LAF!Special Features:
- Perfect eveninghappydinerDined on 8/9/2014Toma is wonderful from the minute you walk in and are greeted at the door. It has a relaxed feeling ..yet elegant. The service is efficient, friendly, and spot on. Our needs were attended to before we knew we had them. Yet they are never hovering...the wait staff just appears when needed. The food was perfect..every bite was delicious. The room is relatively quiet so you can enjoy a conversation without yelling at each other...and you can actually hear what is being said by everyone at the table. It really was a perfect evening.Special Features: