Olde NOLA Cookery
205 Bourbon St.
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Olde NOLA Cookery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nolacookery.com/
- Phone: 5045254577x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Wednesday: 11:45am - 1:00am, Thursday: 10:45am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 10:45am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:45am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Olda Nola Cookery is ready to assist you with all your banquet and catering needs. Whether it is a small casual gathering or a large formal event, we are ready to make your event a delicious success story. We will work with your style and budget to plan the perfect event just for you. Olde Nola Cookery is a family owned and operated restaurant which means you and your guests will feel right at home.
A word from Olde NOLA Cookery
Olde NOLA Cookery is located in the heart of the French Quarter with 3 dining rooms and a balcony overlooking Bourbon Street. The ambiance and the cuisine are a dynamic duo. Our family owned and operated restaurant has the sights, sounds, and authentic New Orleans food coming directly from our kitchen that has delighted many people throughout our long history. Olde NOLA Cookery is THE place to be, whether it’s a dinner for 2, a large party of 8 or more, or a banquet/catering event... we can do it all New Orleans style. Browse through our menu and see what the famous Olde NOLA Cookery has to offer. With Chef Specials daily, Olde NOLA Cookery is sure to have exactly what you are looking for… a Great Atmosphere, and Great New Orleans Food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Olde NOLA Cookery - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Olde NOLA Cookery reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very good mealMenuup2dateDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time at Olde NOLA and we had a very good meal. The New Orleans sampler was wonderful and I didn't even have to all any seasoning to it. My husband and I are originally from South Louisiana and they did a very good job on all of their dishes. Our friend got the jambalaya pasta and really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Handled our large group (16) without one issue. Food & Service was awesome.Special Features:
- Not open at time of reservationEatsoutalotVIPDined on 10/9/2014Does not open at 5:30 but open table will give you a reservation at that time! Made for difficult change of plansSpecial Features:
- Special experienceelmoDined on 9/21/2014This place has a very relaxed feel, but the food is really good. The gator tails where nicely seasoned and had a geat consitency, and they make really nice crabcakes. The taste of new orleas was a very filling meal, and nobody had room left for dessert.Special Features:
- Surprise on Bourbon!LawyerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Hole in the wall that you would never know was there unless you were looking for it. Relaxing casual atmosphere while still feeling like a nice restaurant. Food was good and reasonably priced. Server was one of the friendliest we had encountered all weekend.Special Features:
- convenientJeffDined on 9/18/2014this restaurant was conveniently located right across the street from where we were staying. We needed a meal that was offering a taste of New Orleans, yet not too pricey. It fir the bill for just what we needed. The food was good and the service was above average. I would definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit no better than 1stSusieBoVIPDined on 9/18/2014Thought maybe the first visit was a bad day for the server/business but this was no different. The prices are high, the food okay, the servers, also. Very noisy, also.
- Not what I expectedSusieBoVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went with 2 other couples. Having never been here before, we had no idea what to expect (yes, should've read reviews!). It was near our hotel so that was convenient. I thought the food was a little pricey but on the whole, it was good. I had the Crab Cakes-ordered the Appetizer size, which was $14 for 2 smallish cakes. My husband ordered the Blackened Catfish Platter-red beans and veggies. His catfish was mushy and near $20. We also ordered the Gator Tail Bites as an appetizer. They were good but almost 10. Our food cooled quickly because of the overhead fans. Visit...just ok
- Great FoodSheilaBDined on 9/14/2014The Redfish was especially excellent! We were in a group of 30+ and everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- Great accommodation on short noticeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The Cookery was able to accomodate 14 people the day of with 4 hours notice on a massively y weekend. We had a great server, she was polite and made no mistakes. The drink orders were perfect and the food was served very quickly. No complaints and we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicepatraphunkDined on 8/15/2014I really enjoyed my food and the atmosphere. It was my first time trying some of the food on the menu and I was very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience everWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a reservation for 7 people at 7:30. When we got there, there was a small room with a bunch of table shifting going on. They finally sat us and it took a while to be given menus. The food was lackluster at best. Our waitress was working her butt off, but she seemed to be the only one. We had a $50 Dining Checque which was denied by the Manager - who would not give me her name. She was very bitter and unprofessional. I love Opentable.com because of the convenience and reputation. Example: when I wrote a note to them about this experience, they remedied it immediately.
- A perfect way to end our trip!NOLASTYLEDined on 7/21/2014We ate at Olde NOLA Cookery the last evening we were there and it was the best way to top of a wonderful family trip to NOLA. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly. The environment was casual and relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFloridafolksDined on 7/17/2014This is a great place to eat. The food is wonderful. We also ate at their other location on Conti street and it was wonderful as well. Would definitely go back to both places when visiting New Orleans again.Special Features:
- Great place to eat on Bourbon StHappyCamperDined on 7/13/2014The service is fast and friendly, the food is absolutely terrific. Their crawfish etoufee', jambalaya, red beans & rice, and pasta/shrimp was tasty and definitely regional. A must visit if you want to experience Cajun cooking at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- location location locationletMeBeHonestDined on 7/3/2014The fish was great after I added some salt..martini was perfect! This spot like most on bourbon st had a balcony to smoke and people watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Olde NOLA Cookery reviews archive.
- Great find on Bourbon StreetMrPhippsDined on 6/15/2014Olde NOLA Cookery is a great restaurant that hasn't disappointed as of yet. The service this time wasn't as good as previous times but the food was as good as always.Special Features:
- Good food, good prices!howarc1Dined on 6/5/2014Great place to grab a quick bite on Bourbon Street. Enjoyed the seafood platter and BBQ shrimp app. Very tasty! Dining partners had crawfish pasta, which was divine! Service was great too. Next time I will also try Oceana, their sister restaurant a bit more upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon Street characterTRogDined on 5/17/2014Not great food, but decent. No waiting for a table for 5 on a Saturday night. Fried catfish so-so but fried shrimp, oysters, hush puppies not bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon Street GemMrPhippsDined on 5/11/2014We went for mother's day and outside of the rain everything was great! The food was up to what I would expect from a NOLA inspired menu and the staff was very friendly from the moment you walked through the door. I would definitely visit this place again.Special Features:
- Food was better than serviceDollysDaughter27Dined on 5/3/2014The food was very good; we ordered family style so we tasted 5 dishes recommended by the server. The location is convenient but I don't care for Bourbon St. and the atmosphere was nothing special. The waiter had an attitude, which we did not care for. I would recommend it if you like the Bourbon St atmosphere and don't mind if you happen to get a snarky waiter.
- Great night outBryanDined on 5/2/2014We had eaten at Oceana the night before and found this gem the next night on Open Table, and we did not know that it was owned and operated by the same bunch and they share the same menu. Food was great, Reservations were easy through Open Table, service and staff are great.... try the catfish...Special Features:
- Fast foodHardtopleaseDined on 4/27/2014The food might have been good. We wanted a sit down full service restaurant and this looked more like a pizza place so decided to go elsewhere.Special Features:
- A BIG Disappointment!YummyInMyTummyDined on 4/19/2014I am surprised at the good ratings that this place received! The food was terrible and service mediocre. Our table of 6 agreed that we would have rather gone hungry or grabbed fast food on the way back to the hotel. A few of us ordered the gumbo to find it flavorless and containing little seafood. The worst by far were the crab cakes! They were not freshly prepared and deep fried until the consistentcy of a hockey puck. My advice... Steer clear of this tourist trap! Side note, water was leaking down (in a steady stream not just a small drip) through the light fixture in the bathroom right over the toilet making that experience almost as unpleasant as the food.
- Descent place, but not spectacularJimfromBostonDined on 4/12/2014Served really good LA oysters on the half shell. Emphasis on freshness. The grilled redfish was good, but not great. Brother had redfish prepared with a sauce on top and felt about the same. Not a restaurant I would rank as "must visit", but perfectly fine if looking for some descent chow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprisedmnoormo1VIPDined on 4/11/2014I was a little skeptical going to this restaurant because of its mixed reviews. However, it was the only option available for a party of 9. We were seated immediately. The BBQ spare ribs were a hit as were the cajun inspired catfish dishes. This restaurant is a good option for those wanting a flavor of Bourbon Street. There is window that you can step out to the balcony and observe the going ons on Bourbon Street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate here our first night inKJOSIMPSONDined on 3/28/2014Ate here our first night in New Orleans - we enjoyed it very much!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The CookerySaraDined on 3/22/2014My experience at the New Orleans Cookery was a good experience. Waiter staff attentive, food was good. I would have liked, though, to have been told they were out of one of my side dishes rather than be surprised to get seething I didn't expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mardi Gras LunchMichelleVIPDined on 3/4/2014We had lunch here on Fat Tuesday. It was the perfect place to see all the fun costumes and enjoy lunch in the middle of the excitement.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014The food was very good. The service was easily the worst I have ever experienced anywhere. There were too many things wrong with the service to list them all. Here are the highlights: - We were seated over 2 hours before we got our food. - There were multiple items that we ordered, never received (even after repeatedly asking about them), and were still charged for. - When it (finally) came time to pay the bill, we paid by a combination of a few cards and hundreds of dollars cash. When the cards came back, the full total was charged to the cards and we were initially told that there was no cash. After a lengthy argument, the restaurant finally agreed to correct the error to account for the cash. It is unclear whether they did.
- Good quick biteBarbieDined on 2/27/2014With all the great restaurants in New Orleans it is really hard to have a bad meal. This place did not disappoint. I was there during Mardi Gras and it was great for a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good atmosphereSusanBVIPDined on 2/22/2014We chose this restaurant for our group of 10 because it had a wide variety on the menu in terms of prices and food choices. I loved the Cajun Pasta- delicious! The restaurant has a fun and bright atmosphere.Special Features:
- Thank goodness for good service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014After eating out at a few places and having the WORST service in the world, Olde NOLA Cookery was absolutely amazing. Our server was nice, quick and took care of my small party on top of two 10 top parties. Food was GREAT. We had all of her recommendations and were not disappointed. If you're looking for great Cajun food, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceDenverDined on 2/21/2014Right on Bourbon!!! Fun atmosphere!!! The food is not the reason I would go back, but it was still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dining bourbon streetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Family of 8. With kids. Food was pretty good And reasonable. Noisy cause on bourbon street But that's all part of it. Got to stand on balcony While parade passed under. Biggest drawback Is two stalled coed bathroom with no lock on Outer door. Us being New Yorkers, we were a Little freAked out. ReAlly grate crab cake appetizer And crawfish étoufféeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Creole CookingJoeTVIPDined on 2/17/2014This place was crowded but service was fast and friendly. I had the Cajun Jambalaya Pasta. Wow!! It was fabulous. I would easily recommend this spot conveniently located on Bourbon Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The CookeryBeatleDined on 2/15/2014What a gem! Food and service are outstanding. Don't be deceived by the look if the restaurant, some of the traditional New Orleans tastes are prepared here. I highly recommend the cookery or Oceana for these greT tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group fun and great foodNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 1/27/2014What a great find in the French Quarter. Food is excellent and lots of local seafood. Redfish is awesome and the best fried oysters I have ever had. We were a group of 12 and they cheerfully rearranged tables and handled us without missing a beat. Would go back again.Special Features:
- It Was FInethepunterDined on 1/24/2014I went here based on the 4 star average review I had seen. The food was good, but it felt more like a tourist restaurant. I was hoping for something a little more authentic. The service was outstanding.
- authenticdoubleeagleDined on 1/19/2014Great place for authentic Nawlens food in French Quarter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.