Nuba - Kitsilano
3116 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6K 2G9Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
Nuba - Kitsilano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nuba.ca/
- Phone: (604) 336-1797
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nuba's Kitsilano location has several private dining options for parties of varying sizes from 14 to 150. Minimum spends apply to all private room bookings. Please get in touch for details.
- Private Party Contact: Malloreigh Hamilton 6043361797x
- Special Events: We book all sorts of special events. Please get in touch for details.
- Cross Street: Between Balaclava and Trutch
- Public Transit: The #9 and #14 stop at West Broadway and Balaclava St both east and westbound. The #99 stops at West Broadway and Alma (6 blocks west of the restaurant) or West Broadway and Macdonald (4 blocks east). The #22 stops at West Broadway and Macdonald (4 blocks east of the restaurant).
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking on West Broadway near Nuba Kitsilano is available at a street parking rate of $2 per hour. There is some free parking in the residential areas behind the restaurant on and around 10th Avenue West.
A word from Nuba - Kitsilano
Lebanese-style taverna in the same space as the legendary Greek restaurant Orestes. Nuba unfolds over multiple levels through small, low-ceilinged nooks, and up and down numerous staircases. Healthy, delicious Mediterranean food served with panache.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nuba - Kitsilano reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (24)special occasion (22)romantic (18)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014The food was fresh and authentic and delicious. We had a group of 7 get together there and its safe to say the waiter managed to offend each and everyone one of us. Our waiter Tristen was rude, alouf, disrespectful, inattentive, and arrogant. Don't want to get into a long drawn out explanation of all that was said and done - just wanted to review that the food was great there and would go back so long as we didn't have that same wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good flavoursTm101Dined on 11/8/2014I enjoyed the variety of flavours and would recommend sharing dishes. La Petit Feast was the best and I would recommend adding the lamb stew and other stews rather than the grand Feast as the skewers of meat weren't as interesting tasting.Special Features:
- 5 Stars All Around!roguefoodie45Dined on 11/8/2014I brought my partner to Nuba. He is blind and has a guide dog. The restaurant was very accommodating and we had a fabulous experience. It was his first time so we got Le Grand Feast. Well worth it for the money. Plus the white wine sangria was delicious. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerSundaydinerDined on 11/2/2014Our 2nd time and food was as good as the first. They have a number of selections for GF and vegetarian diets which is a nice change from a simple salad in many other restaurants. Service was great, very friendly and efficient. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceNewfieDined on 10/29/2014The experience at this little gem was excellent. The service was outstanding and the food was great. Had dinner with a small group and enjoyed the quiet, relaxing atmosphere which made for a comfortable chat. Our waiter was courteous and prompt and I'll be visiting again on my next trip to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDwleoDined on 10/24/2014Looking for a Lebonese restaurant? look no further. Yuba has it all. Excellent and tasty food and premium deserts. Friendly staff but a limited wine offering.Special Features:
- Great ambiance Boring foodOneChanceDined on 10/17/2014My experience at Nuba restaurant was disappointing. The service was very good, very friendly, I liked the decor, the layout, the lighting was a bit bright. Some thought to the music should be considered. All well, till the food arrived, fairly tasteless and definetly bland. I lived in the Middle East many years, much of my diet on Lebanese food, disappointed I was not reminded of the cuisine I grew up with. My 3 friends agree to disappointment.
- Good but slowNewmumDined on 10/15/2014We did the set menu as group of 12, food was great and came in stages which was ideal. Very slow service though, we had to ask to order every drink and no one had asked for our food order after an hour. Lots of empty glasses. Very friendly and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuba KitsAnomalousDined on 10/15/2014good food and very good and friendly AnomolousserviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMomfood4Dined on 10/7/2014A great, healthy restaurant. Lunch special is amazing and my family could eat buckets of the njibs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. PopularJimisurfDined on 10/3/2014Only complaint is that we were seated 20 minutes after our reservation time. Popular place. Excellent well prepared food at a very resonable price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yahoo!HungryEatsVIPDined on 9/26/2014First impression; this great for families and groups with a number of separated rooms. A great selection of veggie food and meals for carnivores! Next visit will be with a large group of friends.Special Features:
- Yummy Vegan and Gluten FreefoodluvaDined on 9/24/2014Honestly service was excellent! Our server was friendly and with great humour too. Good is delicious with the right amount of spice. The dipping sauce is to die for. It comes with all our meals. The Najib's Special is just right. How can you go wrong with cauliflower... And the Falafel, I will not be eating that anywhere else but here. Definitely will come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect place for couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time at Nuba and really enjoyed the food and ambience. We went with the intention to eat any feature dishes andthey didn't disappoint. If you skip the cauliflower and the beef main you might as well don't go, they were both awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLLUUDined on 9/19/2014I've always loved Nuba and I always will. Food is always delicious and presented beautifully, and service is always attentive. The only setback would be the price of the feasts as they can be quite pricey considering the small amount of food you get.Special Features:
- Lebanese Food Done WellajsvxxDined on 9/19/2014Overall, the food was quite good and authentic. However, the only aspect that was disappointing for me was their Turkish coffee. It was quite watered down which took away from the excellent flavor of Turkish coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticeirralcDined on 9/17/2014Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. The food was really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJohnDined on 9/14/2014One of our favorite restaurants, we took friends from Seattle (he is originally from Israel), and they really enjoyed the food. Plus, our server was very knowledgable about truly gluten free (one of us is celiac) rather than mostly gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014I've always been very satisfied coming here. Customer service is great, and they're happy to cater to any food restrictions you might have. This time our rice was undercooked and still crunchy. We told our server who was very receptive to our observation and even discounted our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gembubsDined on 8/28/2014Great as always. Consistency is what I look for in a restaurant. Good food , good flavours , and knowing that each time I go it will be as enjoyable. Nuba is on me recommend to others listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Nuba KitsilanoRazzyDined on 8/22/2014First visit was a group birthday dinner with lots of different food allergies in the group. We were all accommodated with a no problem attitude. Second visit was with out of town guests. The fish of the day was the best our guest had ever tasted. Love the wonderful flavours and presentation of every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DateNadeshdaDined on 8/15/2014Met someone at nuba for a first date. The ambience was amazing and I always love the food there because it offers a good selection of vegetarian dishes. I was disappointed that sambousek was sold out tho. It was a great place to chat while we enjoyed a few appies, followed by dinner. The food was excellent and so was my drink (a cocktail with the rod thyme in it). It got incredibly hot upstairs which made it unpleasant for a while but our awesome server and another coworker got a fan for the upstairs which made it a lot more comfortable. Overall I had a great experience and I would definitely go back! And BIG thank you to the ladies (servers) who jumped to my rescue and got a fan upstairs!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, delicious food.MBlackDined on 8/15/2014I wanted to have good and healthy food options for my birthday this year. I've been here a couple of times before and really enjoyed the setting and food, and wanted my family to experience it as well. Making reservations was very easy through Open Table and the restaurant was friendly and accommodating when I called to ask if I could add an extra person to my party. Our server was friendly and helpful in with suggesting what dishes to order. Food was as tasty as I remember it being and my family was impressed with the variety of dishes available. If you like caesars, their carrot caesar is different but interesting enough to be a must try. I hope to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Lots of varietytwopiscesDined on 8/9/2014Four of us dined and shared six appetizers. All were excellent and the variety of meats and vegetables is outstanding. The six appies were sufficient for a light dinner. A great place for vegetarians as well.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!Alain7Dined on 7/27/2014The food, the staff and the ambiance were all perfect. Bravo Nuba Kits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuba is delicious everytime!BarbarahhhhhDined on 7/26/2014Nuba is a great place for lunch or dinner - don't miss out on the najib's cauliflower (My fave.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Nuba - Kitsilano reviews archive.
- Best FalafelsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Seriously the best falafels I've ever had. Lots of vegan options which is necessary for me. The lentil soup is always delicious as is the stew. My companion is paleo and was able to adapt items off the menu to suit the restrictions as well. Great service - but try not to be in a hurry!Special Features:
- Fabulous meal.YummyVIPDined on 7/18/2014The 5 of us had four main courses and four appetisers for dinner. All were excellent -- the cauliflower, beef, Grand Feast, fish of the day, lentil soup..... Our server did not write anything down when he took our order but remember every single thing we ordered. He was superb. When we had questions about what the ingredients were in some of the dishes, he was knowledgeable and explained it well. Very impressed with the service. Our dinner was really really good and we will definitely go back. I had lunch there about three weeks earlier. Lunch was just okay. Maybe different chef? Maybe ordered the wrong thing? I loved my dinner but was indifferent about lunch.Special Features:
- Surprise night outRafikiDined on 7/17/2014We went to Nuba to celebrate a family reunion and were surprised by the live music and belly dancers - all of which was welcome and great.Special Features:
- Great to Reconnect with Old FriendsFritzDined on 7/13/2014We chose this restaurant for its vegetarian meals. Although we were not vegetarians, one guest was vegetarian. Her description of her meal was testament to our choice of a restaurant for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentexquisiteDined on 7/11/2014Nuba was recommended to me by son and daughter who live in the area , I am from out of town and joined a friend here for dinner. Being our first experience we asked the waiter his suggestions and he was so helpful! We sat at a table on the small patio and it was lovely! The food was superb and the service really made our experience also the wine suggestions were top choice! Will return for sure and also recommend to others. Being able to make a reservation on line was so convenient!Special Features:
- vegan/vegetarian/gf and delicious!anonymousVIPDined on 7/11/2014Accommodating and personable service, where mental notes are kept of your coffee order from previous visits! Dietary restrictions accommodated both by choices on the menu and a willing, knowledgeable staff: thank you! Delighted with the dining experience the first time, and welcomed back with efforts to remember names and order preferences the next: bravo.Special Features:
- Tasty food but so overpricedHappypuppyDined on 7/7/2014Just not worth the tiny portions. $14 for 3 little scallops? Dinner for two including salads and dip type tapas was $60. Ugh for casual dining in super old restaurant
- great foodyuumDined on 7/7/2014You wouldn't think you could do much with cauliflower but it is amazingly good. It is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VariableDadiDined on 6/28/2014The baba ghanouj and manoush were good, however I will not return as the rabbit stew I had for a main meal was bland, plain, and the sauce was the consistency of water. The meat itself was tender.
- Delicious!DazzledTastebudsDined on 6/28/2014I really enjoyed the flavouring and presentation of the food at Nuba. We tried the 'La Feast' and it was a wonderfully delicious introduction to a variety of Lebanese dishes. The server was fantastic. Very attentive and helpful when we wanted to know more about a dish. I will definitely go back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Place to DineDiningCoyoteDined on 6/23/2014Great service, with a quiet atmosphere, though I note we were here on a Monday evening, and fairly early. The food remains the most memorable aspect of the dining experience: Unique flavours and simply delicious. Beautiful presentations, to boot. For someone who feels like something different than the usual along with great taste, this is one of those places.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!foreverlizDined on 6/21/2014I made a last minute reservation at Nuba in Kitsilano as I was looking for somewhere to have dinner with my boyfriend that had some healthy options on the menu. I'd visited other Nuba locations before, and loved the Kits location! We had the feast for 2 with the chicken, lamb and prawns, and it was absolutely delicious. Everything was presented well, the service was great, and the portions were large but not too large - the perfect size! It was a nice summer evening and the windows were open at the front of the restaurant allowing for an outdoor dining experience. I definitely recommend Nuba!Special Features:
- Great Food, Poor ServiceFoodieDined on 6/15/2014We really enjoyed the food at Nuba, but the service from our server (Tristan) was poor. Didn't get side plates for our appy's, someone else had to refill our water, had to ask for the appy plates to be removed from the table once they were empty, didn't get extra napkins after the appy's and appy plates were gone. The other servers seemed much more attentive. I would go back, but would hope that the service levels would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff meal of our agencydeliciousgroupouting10Dined on 6/13/2014Was perfect for our needs, varied menu(veg option) as an optional well fix menu for all to share. Nice quiet and comfortable table. Will certainly be recommending after our experience.Special Features: