Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
61 State Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: (508) 992-5637
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Not Your Average Joe"s offers a wide selection of our signature items in XL sizes to cater your office parties and special events.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth - Best Restaurants in Dartmouth ›
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (95)great for lunch (72)hot spot (68)good for groups (67)kid-friendly (56)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (45)notable wine list (21)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- this place has potentialmapleleafDined on 11/25/2014The main problem I have with this cute, vibrant restaurant is that the quality of the food never lives up to how good it sounds on the menu. There are many creative dishes which sound exciting, but often the dishes are badly executed and/or over complicated by one or two extraneous ingredients that go too far. Example: pinapple chunks on top of a chicken quesadilla. Or a deep fried sushi roll which was supposed to be a tempura batter (a light and airy batter) but in reality was just a normal, hard, greasy batter that made the dish heavy and greasy and ended up cooking the tuna sushi slightly. Or the limp and greasy fries that come with the burgers. I cannot however fault the service of the staff. They are obviously trained well, are always attentive, and make every effort to accommodate food allergies. The cocktails are also good. It's just that the food quality should be a bit better! It's like a chef designed the menu but they've left it to inexperienced cooks to cook it!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!2good2passupDined on 11/24/2014Had an excellent time at NYAJ's as usual. From the food to the service, to the atmosphere I am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPrincessVIPDined on 11/16/2014Delicious cocktail special like Carmel Apple Sangria /then Appetizer, soup or salad / then bread and dipping oil mixture /then meal, pizza or sandwich / then dessert like the Peanutbutter Thing. WOW! So good! Make sure you wear an elastic waistline 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as enthusedCharlieDined on 11/16/2014We came to celebrate a birthday! We did get a seat that we requested. The chicken my wife ordered had mustard coating or flavors even tho she ordered a plain pecan chicken. Her glass of wine was truly awful. No more desert or at least a cooky or piece of plain cake. We were both disappointed in the new policy that you have rolled out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I have always had a great timea little disappointed though that you don't have a free meal on your birthday and also I don't like that you only serve dinner menu on sundays sometimes people wanna have cheaper for lunch. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but poor servicemnoormo1VIPDined on 11/10/2014In all the time we've dined at this location of NYAJ, never have I experienced such poor service. Our waiter didn't take our drinks order upon greeting us. There were lengthy delays in getting the food out resulting in warm appetizers and warm entrees. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this is rather unusual as service is generally very good and the food served. As for the quality of food, very good and tasty. Perhaps we caught the restaurant on a very busy Monday night.Special Features:
- SMIDGNDined on 11/10/2014Love the food at NYAJ. A refreshing change from the chain restaurants. Seasonl specials are and adventurous eaters dream :) I love trying new things and this is the place to do it. Of course I have my favorites.....I haven't had a bad experience here yet.Special Features:
- Great ServicejessveeDined on 11/7/2014Our server never kept us waiting and checked in on us soon after the food (which was delicious) was delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always love my meals at NYAJ's!NBKatkitDined on 11/6/2014I would like to request one "safe meal" for non-NYAJers that only look for a steak on the menu like my friend Ed and judge the restaurant unfairly when he doesn't find one. I ordered the Chicken Cranberry dish and recommended that Ed order the pork dish which he liked but didn't stop his grousing. I really miss my lunches with Eleanor Roth and occasionally with Bernie ... Ed is a poor substitute for a fun & appreciative foodie. I <3 NYAJ's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMerryDined on 11/4/2014My brother was visiting from Texas and was very impressed with the food. He hopes he can find a Not your average Joes in Texas.Special Features:
- A family favorite for usOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014Because NYAJ is always bustling, a sure sign that they are doing something right, it's difficult to make a decision for Joe's last minute & unreserved. HOWEVER, with even a little bit of advance planning, reserving online is easy and advised. Still, people seem to have no problem with a long wait and there is frequently a line. We do our best to reserve and even target off hours, but no matter when we go we are always pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Everytime we have been at Not Your Average Joe's service was beyond excellent! Fast, and willing to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Delicious food. Outstanding servers. Look forward to return visits. And the bread... YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJillHDined on 10/27/2014Food was good, wait staff was good , I was just a good experience all around. Definitely recommend!!!!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014Food was great as always, October specials are excellent. We had been given lunch menus at dinner for the specials so that made things a bit confusing but it all was worked out in the end. Great beers on tap and bottles.Special Features:
- great serviceFirstvisitDined on 10/21/2014Waitress was so attentive - with a very confident three year old she was great. Food, as usual, was deliciousSpecial Features:
- regular who was disappointedFoodieForeverVIPDined on 10/21/2014Upon leaving NYAJ and checking my bank statement I learned that I was charged three times what I owed. I was charged for my portion of the bill (my company & I split it evenly) and also the entirety of the original bill ($32+$64). The $64 charge eventually reversed and I was refunded, however I feel as if it shouldn't have happened to begin with. I am highly disappointed because NYAJ is my go to place; the staff is (usually) welcoming and tentative, the atmosphere is relaxed and the food is fresh and simply put amazing. Truly saddened that this this happened. I guess cash it is next time. Oh, and they didn't credit my open table points for the visit before that when I checked in upon arrived. Oh Joe's....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sss123Dined on 10/20/2014Really good service, good food, comped a meal because it was just "okay" to a patron I was with, very generous and care about quality.Special Features:
- OctoberfestMBethDined on 10/19/2014My Mom & I went back to NYAJoe's after I received an email announcing that Octoberfest was back. Delicious food in a fun atmosphere. Friendly service. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Love itMimsDined on 10/17/2014We try to visit NYAJs at least once a quarter. We can count on creative, delicious food and fun cocktails. We've never been let down. And we love the gift of "free entree & desert" on our birthdays. We rarely order desert - but you should know the Pumpkin Cheesecake is out of this world.Special Features:
- CrowdedJohnDined on 10/17/2014Food great, but expect to be crowded next to the next table, and unsupervised children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteEmptyNesterDined on 10/15/2014Consistently a good meal; Consistently great drink selections; Consistently efficient serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosesVIPDined on 10/15/2014Usually the service is excellent. Unfortunately, on this particular evening, our server was extremely overworked. At least she told us that. She said that she had many tables and we would just have to wait for her to get to us. She was flushed and wasn't able to keep up with what people were asking her for. She must have felt overloaded because when she presented the check, she didn't bring the little computer to fill out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodation is keyTravVIPDined on 10/15/2014We frequent our local NYAJs and have always been pleased. Occasionally there is a bump in service or food but I'm sure this is the case with any restaurant. The difference is they are very accommodating and conciliatory. We are rather humbled and do not make an issue out of cold food or miscommunications regarding specials yet we are always treated with the utmost respect. It makes all the difference with an experience and it ensures we will return often, as we do. We always look forward to the monthly menu that reflects seasonal ingredients and special nights like Beersday and Winesday. Their food, service and care to patrons needs builds loyalty and a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GREAT!Rosebud65Dined on 10/15/2014The food, the service, the price, it's always fantastic! I have not been disappointed yet & I have been going to Joe's since it opened!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was wonderfulLikestodineoutDined on 10/11/2014Our server Valerie was exceptional. Knowledge of menu and specials helpful and informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NyajJuliaDined on 10/9/2014Excellent service. Attention to issues and concerns. The bread is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014Consistently wonderful food and customer service! Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicejessveeDined on 10/5/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday so the noise level was great (quiet) compared to the usual dinner chatter. The service was great: our drinks were refilled without asking, everything was as ordered, and our waitress checked on us a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!luvourjoesDined on 10/4/2014Prompt seating with reservation; great service; didn't feel rushed; great food.Special Features:
- A great birthday!bikergirlDined on 10/3/2014Its always a pleasure to go to Joe's in Dartmouth. Food is always the best around and the deserts are to die for. I do miss the calamari and Harpoon IPA on draft though.Special Features:
- delicious birthday dinner!luv2bpamperedDined on 10/2/2014The bread with dipping sauce is out of this world! Takes real training to leave room for dinner. Waitress very pleasant even though she seemed stressed (brand new menu)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPrincessVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything is always wonderful. If not, please complain they welcome complaints and will make it right with a smile. They never want you to leave unsatisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysTrishyDined on 9/25/2014Dinner at joes was great as always. Love the food and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayCharlieDined on 9/24/2014We had a complimentary meal for it was a birthday. We got the request of area where we wanted to sit. Our waitress was attentive and it was quite busy for mid week at that time of the early evening. The appetizer was very good coconut shrimp. I had had rosemary skewered scallops which were truly the highlight of the evening. My wife's meal of beef was not that appetizing. We both found NYAJ quite noisy but that seems to be a trend today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experience!Arcticwolf1Dined on 9/22/2014This visit was to celebrate a birthday. We arrived a few minutes after our reserved time and were seated right away. There appeared to be only a couple of tables available. Within a short time the wait time had reached twenty minutes for those without reservations, which is about right for this restaurant. Bread with oil, pepper flakes and freshly ground cheese was excellent as usual. The cup of chowder was very tasty and just the right consistency. Meals were delicious as they always are. Molten lava cake for desert, just right. Our server was right on top of things, filling water glasses when they reached half full, asking if everything was to our satisfaction. She did a great job. Can't say enough!Special Features:
- great place!chelsealynn492Dined on 9/22/2014I love this restaurant...its my favorite in the area. Awesome food, great service, fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly awesomeebutts422Dined on 9/21/2014Joe's is a place to go if you want a nice night out, you want to meet friends, you want fancy food or comfort food. You can never go wrong! The service is top notch, and everyone is more than friendly (without being obnoxious). The bread and oil... Oh.Em.Gee. Whatever they put in that stuff is the things that dreams are made of!!!! You will become a Joe fanatic if you go here!Special Features:
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The food was as good as always and Meaghan our server was on top of it all.Special Features:
- staceDined on 9/17/2014Food was great, service was great, little loud but thats to be expected in such a busy place. Coffee was cold, but other than that it was a wonderful night. Thank You:)Special Features: