1046 Tasker St.
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.noordphilly.com/
- Phone: 2679099704
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sun: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Nordic, Scandinavian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joncarl Lachman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, View, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: S. 11th Street
- Public Transit: Broad Street Subway is a few blocks away.
The 23 and 29 bus are on the corners in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Weekend Valet is offered for Passyunk Avenue at the Singing Fountain across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Noord
NOORD eetcafe is a classic BYOB bistro with a Northern European focus. We feature locally farmed produce and meats whenever possible; served in a relaxed friendly setting. All breads and desserts are made in house. We also smoke and cure our own fish and meats. We want you to feel like you are coming to our home for dinner...and you bring the wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Noord reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (126)neighborhood gem (116)special occasion (63)romantic (49)hot spot (36)great for brunch (32)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (17)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- NoordificHappywecameDined on 8/29/2014Believe all the positive reviews. Mustard soup was fantastic. We both had the whole stripped bass special and in addition to it's sublime flavor, nary a bone was found. Our window was opened out to the piazza on a beautiful dry evening, and both facing out, we could hear each other and watch the buzzing neighborhood. The staff was warm, professional and low-key. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly DifferentDJK1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Bitterballen and Holland Sliders to start and explore onward from there. Great atmosphere and highly professional and friendly service. A very enjoyable experience. Worth going back even in a neighborhood that has lots of outstanding dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passyunk's finestSuperCATVIPDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant blew me away! The menu takes a unique perspective or Northern European cuisine, amenable to Philadelphian palates. We had the mustard soup (with a delectable scallop), the herring sliders (ahhh Amsterdam), the brussels sprouts, and the fresh whole fish (sooooo good - complete with a beer and dill/tarragon broth and mussels). The bread, butter, and roasted garlic was a perfect addition to the meal. Don't forget to bring your own white wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good....rpf27VIPDined on 8/20/2014Because of a demanding summer work schedule, we had not been to Noord in a while. But with the summer work winding down and a surprise visit from daughter and boyfriend, it was time. And what a time it was. We had the special asparagus appetizer and it was unique, simply fantastic. They has the lamb burger and agreed it was even better than their favorite NY burger at The Breslin...very high praise, indeed. and then the desserts! The boyfriend could not believe how good the buttercake was and we love the chocolate bark! So, on a lazy, summery Wednesday, we walked home talking non-stop about our superb dinner.Special Features:
- A Nordic SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were very pleased to find Scandanavian food in Philadelphia, and the quality of service was outstanding. The restaurant is very hip, intimate, and friendly. They are BYOB, for those that drink.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I had a nice dinner here on a summer evening. The restaurant is bright and airy. Food was excellent, could have done with a few more options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the experienceKTRNDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I went with light expectations an walked away very impressed. The service was fantastic from the host to the water guy. Every dish was crafted with a range of complimentary flavors. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed in PassyunkmnfrrVIPDined on 8/9/2014Chef Joncarl greeted us like family on our first visit to his charming restaurant. Our table in the corner with windows that open completely provided a beautiful "outdoor" dining experience. All of us ate every bite of the fresh, delicious dishes. Mussels, quail, barley risotto and an awesome shared dessert platter were all perfectly prepared, flavorful and interesting. Service is friendly and professional and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!KarlosluckVIPDined on 8/6/2014One of the best restaurant experiences I've had in along time!! Wonderful food. Terrific staff. Love this place. Bedankt.Special Features:
- My favorite place on the AvenueZenmeisterDined on 8/3/2014The food, the ambience and Joncarl - my favorite restaurant. If you haven't tried it - you're missing out on a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantexsuburbsVIPDined on 8/2/2014We totally enjoyed the experience at Noord. The food was excellent, different but recognizable in ingredients and presentation. The service was attentive and not pushy. The owner came out and chatted which is always a nice touch. Would go back again and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NJMomDined on 8/2/2014I dined alone while my daughter was at a concert. The Chef was able to seat me before my reservation at a great table! The whole experience was fabulous! The service, the food, the ambience! The Chef conversed with me so I didn't feel uncomfortable at all dining alone! Great, great, great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOORD - fabulous!girlsnitefavesDined on 8/2/2014Friends and I had a fantastic dining experience on Saturday evening! The staff was welcoming and attentive. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was inviting, and I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Restaurant in a Fun AreaBlueXVIPDined on 7/30/2014I like this area - with lots of new restaurants popping up. Noord is a great addition to add more variety. Service was good, but food was just average.
- Splendid Dining ExperiencethelitheacademicDined on 7/27/2014Noord boasts an eclectic and innovative panoply of delicious plates to surely please the culinary connoisseur and dilettante, alike. The ambiance was just perfect with dimmed lighting and open windows into the special enclave that is Old City. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!dgk133Dined on 7/27/2014Noord is a low-key East Passayunk spot with some of the best food I've had in the city. The brussel sprouts, mussels, and diver scallops all come recommended.Special Features:
- Blissful brunchCarriemacDined on 7/27/2014Gorgeous food & a warm welcome - proper hospitality! We adore the smorebrod...loved the omelettes at our first brunch too! Chef has such a light hand with subtly smoky flavors & fresh, fresh salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever!MirandaScottDined on 7/25/2014Three of us went to dinner for my husband's birthday. The food was very tasty, although maybe a touch underseasoned in some of the dishes (a quibble). Had mostly seafood, which ranged from good (mussels) to great (scallops). Chocolate dessert was outstanding. BYO and birthday candle were both appreciated. What put it over the top was the service: friendly, helpful, prompt, attentive without being oppressive, and altogether delightful. Best we've had in a long time. Enjoyed speaking with the chef/owner, who came out several times to deliver dishes or to chat with the diners. We'll be back. Planning to try brunch very soon.Special Features:
- Excellent!JoeDDined on 7/20/2014Dining here is always terrific and brunch is fantastic.Special Features:
- Different Type of ChoicesBarbaraManDined on 7/19/2014This is a good place for fish with choices that are different from other restaurants. I had herring sliders. My dining companion had clams over cabbage and sausage with a great sauce. The lightly breaded whitefish entree over potatoes with a pea sauce was large enough for two. The servers were attentive and friendly. I've been told there are a lot of sauces so bear that in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will give it another try.headDined on 7/19/2014Beautiful night and all the windows were open! Great ambience! The service was very attentive especially the bus boy. Food was good and all liked but I wasn't blown away. I ordered the bread pudding because I'm an I'm a lover of same. I didn't like which is a first for me. Based on other reviews I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Nightarturo250Dined on 7/19/2014Our adult children came to help us celebrate our birthdays. A first time for them. Impressed with the selection and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary experience!JandGBDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I finally made it to Noord after hearing about it from multiple people. We were not disappointed! The food was superb as was the hospitality. Our server gave us excellent suggestions regarding the menu and also asked us if we would care to move to a window table when it became available. We very much appreciated her attentiveness and friendly yet unobtrusive demeanor. This restaurant is a class act and a very welcomed change in cuisine. We will visit often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise!LisaDined on 7/18/2014Didn't know much about Scandinavian food, but now I know I love it! Four of us ordered tons of food and loved all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than inspired.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/17/2014We want Noord to succeed, but to do so the execution and the quality of some ingredients must improve. The limited menu is not the real problem, nor is the natural/traditional blandness of Scandanavian cuisine (e.g., the "crisply fried whitefish" was certainly not crisp in any fashion, and wornout, over-the-hill greens decorated/garnished more than one plate in our group). The overall problem was the noticeable lack of inspiration, attention to detail and commitment in the cooking.
- Great experienceJpaintsDined on 7/16/2014Great BYOB. Took my boyfriend here for his birthday and it was everything we hoped for. He got the daily special and was thrilled. We will come back for the pickled harring sliders, also. The server was great and even called me to tell me I left an item behind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed brunch . The food was authentic and amazing. The service was relaxed and attentive Can't wait to have dinner?.Special Features:
- A "must do" experiencePrinceDined on 7/12/2014We have enjoyed multiple visits to Noord. Everything about the experience is first rate. Jon is glad to see his customers, he remembers them and greets them with sincerity and appreciation. There is no rush here. The place surrounds you with activity but you are at peace at your table. The food is well prepared and presented, and it is enjoyably different. This is a unique dining experience. It is well worth the reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WimmieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Noord continues to be a superior Philadelphia restaurant! The food is innovative, and delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bad, but not greatnmmachDined on 7/11/2014The vibe at Noord is great. It's a small BYO right at the singing fountain in Passayunk square and the people watching out of the large windows in the restaraunt is great. Unfortunately, the food was just ok. I really wanted to try Noord because it's the only Norwegian restaurant I know of and I'm always looking for something a little different. With the goal of trying new things in mind, I ordered the mustard soup appetizer. Unfortunately, it was as unappetizing as is sounds. The other appetizer, roasted brussel sprouts, were much better, but they weren't all that remarkable either. For entrees, my husband ordered the salmon and I got a whole bass served in tomato broth with mussels. Both dishes were decent, but again, not great.Special Features:
- Good menu, a tad conservativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We went to Noord this past Friday as the pre-game before heading up to the Wilma to watch BalletX. The location is wonderful, right on the corner of the Passyunk "Singing Fountain" triangle. Service was friendly and pretty attentive (though we were there for the first sitting and the place was still pretty empty). Our food was really good, and there was a good amount of it. We ordered an appetizer and an entree, but were eyeing up one of the other entrees. The waitress offered to get us a smaller portion of the second entree to try, which was super nice. My only "complaint" is that the food was a bit mild. None of the flavors really "popped out" the smoked salmon didn't have much flavor. Everything tasted "nice", just didn't "stand out".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dining experienceJoedrrtVIPDined on 7/5/2014We arrived five minutes before our 8:30 reservation and the owner met us at the front door, whereupon we were seated immediately at a window table in the front. Nice white table cloths, silver service, and wine glasses. Our wine (BYOB) was opened and we had the greatest appetizer, the meatballs, and great main dishes, mine the risotto with roasted chicken breast, and my wife's the roasted quail. The sauces were yummy! Everything was cooked just right, and brought to our table in perfect timing. The service was attentive but not over-done, thank you. The coffee was a French Press pot, hot and delicious. The Dutch Butter Cake for dessert was reason enough for a return trip, per my wife! We will definitely be back. Valet Parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norweigan17VIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our second visit to Noord and we were a little disappointed in the food this time. We visited Noord in the fall the first time, and feel that perhaps that's better time of year to go.Special Features:
- mlpetVIPDined on 7/2/2014Love, love, love Noord and I am soooo glad they are in my neighborhood. They have the best food and are soooo accommodating to each and every patron. Great location across from the singing fountain too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outKrygerDined on 6/29/2014I had heard great things about Noord ever since I moved to Philly and it did not disappoint. The appetizers (bitterballen and mustard soup w/ scallop) were delicious, the fish entrees were great, and we loved the almond butter cake dessert. The service we good, highlighted by the chef/owner coming out to mingle and open our wine (BYOB!!) and even take our dessert order. Nice neighborhood gem amongst many on East Passyunk Ave. But it lives up to the hypeSpecial Features:
- Can't say enough good about Noord!joandcherylDined on 6/29/2014This charming BYOB is doing everything right. The service is flawless, while being warm and welcoming - the chef/owner Jonncarl often comes out to the front of house to greet guests personally or deliver plates. You feel like a "regular" immediately. The food is unbelievable and truly unique - drawing from Danish and Scandinavian influences, even the bread that comes with the meal is out-of-this-world delicious! Every dish my wife and I have ordered here has been a knock-out. Brunch is fantastic as well. I highly recommend the omelets (so fluffy!) but make sure whatever dish you order comes with a side of potatoes - best in Philly, hands down! This spot is our absolute favorite on East Passyunk, and probably in the whole City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoordMargaretVIPDined on 6/28/2014Is a special place...gorgeous plates of food arriving from the kitchen! Great staff, most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Neighborhood BYOB!JohnbVIPDined on 6/28/2014Small menu with more then enough choices. Quality ingredients that are nicely prepared. Chefs are open kitchen and very friendly..nice addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutVIPDined on 6/25/2014Noord continues to be excellent. Menu is always interesting; food is presented well and prepared excellently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it, you'll like it...CHILLVIPDined on 6/25/2014Joncarl is about as amazing as the food (and the food is pretty damn amazing). Have been here several times and each time the food, service and atmosphere have never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.