1046 Tasker St.
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.noordphilly.com/
- Phone: 2679099704x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sun: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Nordic, Scandinavian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joncarl Lachman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, View, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: S. 11th Street
- Public Transit: Broad Street Subway is a few blocks away.
The 23 and 29 bus are on the corners in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Weekend Valet is offered for Passyunk Avenue at the Singing Fountain across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Noord
NOORD eetcafe is a classic BYOB bistro with a Dutch and Northern European focus. We feature locally farmed produce and meats whenever possible; served in a relaxed friendly setting. All breads and desserts are made in house. We also smoke and cure our own fish and meats. We want you to feel like you are coming to our home for dinner...and you bring the wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Noord reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (116)romantic (56)special occasion (54)hot spot (40)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (22)scenic view (13)good for groups (13)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our second time at Noord and it was even better this time. The flatbread appetizer was delicious and was large enough for four of us to share. Two of us had the cod and loved it. The others had the chicken and were also delighted with their meal. The service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014Noord is an excellent choice along a row of very good restaurants on Passyunk Ave. The food is expertly prepared, and the service was top-notch. The room is small, and can get a bit noisy, but not deafeningly so. Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hobesDined on 10/25/2014a pleasure to be there , food great, service swell. The boss makes you feel at home.Special Features:
- Great experience!AustcaseDined on 10/22/2014We decided to try Noord for my husbands birthday dinner and we loved the experience! The food far exceeded our expectations - it was delicious! Not to mention, the service was wonderful. The atmosphere was cozy and perfect for a date night and I would happily recommend this place to other friends.Special Features:
- so uniquerpf27VIPDined on 10/19/2014Noord is, simply, one of the most unique restaurants in Philadelphia....or anywhere for that matter. From the comfortable, easy ambiance to the wonderful welcoming presence of chef Joncarl, this place sets a high bar. On sunday night, we had three different "soups" and two different fish dishes, one vegetarian dish, and one classic rabbit leg confit. Every dish - and we rarely have this experience - was great. The mustard soup with diver scallop may be one of the best starters anywhere. Finally, we shared the new-to-the-menu stroopwafel dessert was superb. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Doesn't disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014Noord is a delicious change from the usual New American and French fare. Great value for the money, and a super friendly staff. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuccleuchDined on 10/18/2014The dining area is small and dark, and we needed to use our phones to see the menus. The noise level was too high and made it difficult to converse. That aside, the food was wonderful and the service friendly. One note: the almond cake was a bit hard, but the custard more than made up for it. Also, the lamb dish was served wtih cold vegetibles, adn we were not entirely sure if that was intentional.Special Features:
- wonderful food, spot on hostsLnr103Dined on 10/15/2014Greeted at the door by lovely down to earth, warm, go-out-of-their-way hosts/servers/owners etc. which really set the tone for my evening. Food was top notch. A seat by the open window on a temperate rainy evening was delightful. The clam appetizer and scallops were phenomenal. We will be back. A sucker for small plates with loaded flavor and combinations I'm not used to trying. Noord definitely offers this in their appetizer plates. I'll likely be back to try more apps as they were the highlight for me. However the entrees were also quite delicious. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Philly GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Great food and ambiance and the price is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Scandinavian BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Small BYOB with first-rate dishes of (mostly) traditional Scandinavian fare, made with superb ingredients. I'd happily go back. It'd be hard to have much of a group in there (probably 6 or 8, tops, unless you bought the place out), only because they are so small. A nice, intimate place for a dinner date, thought. My friend and I were there on the first night of their new fall menu, and the root vegetables, sprouts, meatloaf, etc. really hit the spot.Special Features:
- Great Dininghave2trythisplaceDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I had a great meal at Noord. We liked the menu because it had a lot of different selections. The cauliflower soup and brusselsprout appetizer was delicious, as well as our main course of cod and rabbit. We would not hesitate to return for another wonderful, enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Some Dutch fare and suchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I found this restaurant looking for a Scandinavian one , but their food was surprisingly good. They really lean more toward Dutch cuisine I was told, but the cucumber soup and salmon entrée were excellent. Staff was very attentive also, and I would certainly make a return visit. Nice and cozy in south Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neve DisppointsphylitVIPDined on 10/10/2014One of my favorites for the warm staff, owner , exceptional bread and delicious food. This gem never disapoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experience...jammyVIPDined on 10/10/2014The smoked fish and pickle platter was the highlight. The bitterballen complement it well. Whole striped bass. Brioche bread pudding was lovely. Will be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Delightful little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Went to dinner with out of town guests and decided to try something new. The appetizers, entrees, desserts -- all very yummy. There was a lot of unusual variety to choose from and everyone enjoyed what they ordered. The one area of the menu that could use a little more attention were the vegetarian options - not much there to go back for. The veg entree was good, but not wowsie like everything else we ordered. Waiter was adorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and FriendlyTaraPDined on 10/4/2014Noord was absolutely divine. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at NoordsmcLeerVIPDined on 9/25/2014From the moment of arrival, receptions warm, and food was innovative and terrific! Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive cuisineiojoeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Noord is on the forefront of the culinary scene in Philadelphia. Almost every dish on its menu is inventive in its use and combination of ingredients. It has been a long time since I last struggled to make a choice amidst so many creative offerings. And, based on a sampling of four diners, it delivers with a taste sensation. Throw in a most congenial owner/chef and the restaurant's location in an energetic square that has the feel of a small piazza, and one has a truly memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Still terrificPhillyPhanDined on 9/19/2014We tried Noord a few years ago just after it opened, enjoyed it very much, and made a mental note to come back again. When we finally did, we found it to be just as innovative and delightful as we remembered. Four perfect apps, four perfect entrees, two memorable desserts and lots of shared tastes later we were very pleased. Plus: Valet parking nearby. Minus: Very loud, at least by our elderly standards.Special Features:
- This place is up and coming!jrock10Dined on 9/14/2014The menu look amazing and very hard to choose one meal. Ended up getting the special, sea bass, it was awesome. Ambience was great for a date and I like the fact it is Byob. A gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The HoopersHoopDined on 9/12/2014My wife, daughter and I had dinner at Noord last night (I have dined here before). The dinner was amazing and the added bonus is the hospitality of Chef Joncarl. I've dined at many restaurants in and out of Philly and if you haven't tried Noord it is a must go! Thank you Joncarl and team for a fantastic evening. We can't wait to come back. Best, Rick, Eileen and Lisa HooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was excellent,service was good.What more can I saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a treatAt181Dined on 9/10/2014Noord has it all and we will return as often as possible. Marvelous marvelous food! And a lovely and friendly atmosphere, beautiful details on the diningroom, and perfect spacing on the tables so that you can enjoy the atmosphere and privacy at the same time. We love Noord.Special Features:
- What a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014I was looking for a place to go for my birthday. We heard of Noord in south philly. The view was great open air and right on the corner with a view of a farmers stand. The food was like nothing ive ever had in the best way possible. Grilled prawns with a light cream sauce and I had the striped bass special with mussels. Overall a great meal. Chef and server were on point.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great. Owner/chef was very friendly and helpful with menu selections. The noise level was very high, and it was pretty hot inside because of the open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Hot Dutch!CamWasVIPDined on 8/30/2014A great BYOB - delicious food, well presented by a professional team. For those unfamiliar with the cuisine of the Netherlands, Noord Eet Caffe will surprise and delight you - home smoked fish, hearty stews, generous portions and be sure to save room for dessert. Lekker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noord gets five stars in every way!DaddioDined on 8/30/2014We had dinner at Noord this weekend. A friend from Chez Panise recommended it as a wonderful gem in Philly. He was right! The restaurant is cozy and the food and service is exquisite. We had a window table with a great view of the lively street scene, and the windows opened out to the neighborhood. We ordered the most delicious clams zuurkool for an appetizer, and this was about the greatest thing we ever ate. Littleneck clams, braised cabbage, smoked sausage and bacon in a caraway beer broth. It was delicious! Then we had the seared PA rainbow trout; a whole fish served in the most delicious and complex tomato/tarragon sauce topped with mussels. The owner/chef, Joncarl Lachman, personally delivered the meal to our table - perfection!Special Features:
- Always perfect!Sue1983VIPDined on 8/29/2014I would eat here every night if I could. Service is always exceptional and the chicken and risotto is my favorite! Grab a date and a seat by the window on a cool evening and you will be in heaven! Brunch on Sundays is also wonderful and extremely reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceFoodluv1Dined on 8/29/2014Had dinner with a friend the other night and WOW the food was FANTASTIC! The grilled bread with roasted garlic and oil/butter...soo good, the apps were tasty (my fav was the mustard soup) and our entrees were delicious! The bread pudding for dessert was a huge amount but so good (just enough sweetness and very light for bread pudding)! Love that it's BYOB, the owner and staff are very nice and gracious, had a great experience and will be back to try all the other menu offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoordificHappywecameDined on 8/29/2014Believe all the positive reviews. Mustard soup was fantastic. We both had the whole stripped bass special and in addition to it's sublime flavor, nary a bone was found. Our window was opened out to the piazza on a beautiful dry evening, and both facing out, we could hear each other and watch the buzzing neighborhood. The staff was warm, professional and low-key. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly DifferentDJK1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Bitterballen and Holland Sliders to start and explore onward from there. Great atmosphere and highly professional and friendly service. A very enjoyable experience. Worth going back even in a neighborhood that has lots of outstanding dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passyunk's finestSuperCATVIPDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant blew me away! The menu takes a unique perspective or Northern European cuisine, amenable to Philadelphian palates. We had the mustard soup (with a delectable scallop), the herring sliders (ahhh Amsterdam), the brussels sprouts, and the fresh whole fish (sooooo good - complete with a beer and dill/tarragon broth and mussels). The bread, butter, and roasted garlic was a perfect addition to the meal. Don't forget to bring your own white wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good....rpf27VIPDined on 8/20/2014Because of a demanding summer work schedule, we had not been to Noord in a while. But with the summer work winding down and a surprise visit from daughter and boyfriend, it was time. And what a time it was. We had the special asparagus appetizer and it was unique, simply fantastic. They has the lamb burger and agreed it was even better than their favorite NY burger at The Breslin...very high praise, indeed. and then the desserts! The boyfriend could not believe how good the buttercake was and we love the chocolate bark! So, on a lazy, summery Wednesday, we walked home talking non-stop about our superb dinner.Special Features:
- A Nordic SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were very pleased to find Scandanavian food in Philadelphia, and the quality of service was outstanding. The restaurant is very hip, intimate, and friendly. They are BYOB, for those that drink.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I had a nice dinner here on a summer evening. The restaurant is bright and airy. Food was excellent, could have done with a few more options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the experienceKTRNDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I went with light expectations an walked away very impressed. The service was fantastic from the host to the water guy. Every dish was crafted with a range of complimentary flavors. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed in PassyunkmnfrrVIPDined on 8/9/2014Chef Joncarl greeted us like family on our first visit to his charming restaurant. Our table in the corner with windows that open completely provided a beautiful "outdoor" dining experience. All of us ate every bite of the fresh, delicious dishes. Mussels, quail, barley risotto and an awesome shared dessert platter were all perfectly prepared, flavorful and interesting. Service is friendly and professional and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!KarlosluckVIPDined on 8/6/2014One of the best restaurant experiences I've had in along time!! Wonderful food. Terrific staff. Love this place. Bedankt.Special Features:
- My favorite place on the AvenueZenmeisterDined on 8/3/2014The food, the ambience and Joncarl - my favorite restaurant. If you haven't tried it - you're missing out on a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantexsuburbsVIPDined on 8/2/2014We totally enjoyed the experience at Noord. The food was excellent, different but recognizable in ingredients and presentation. The service was attentive and not pushy. The owner came out and chatted which is always a nice touch. Would go back again and recommend it to anyone.Special Features: