NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Walnut Creek
1000 South Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=110/WK
- Phone: 9254726186
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Corner of South Main Street and Mt. Diablo Bouleva
- Public Transit: BART has a stop on the Pittsburg-Baypoint/Yellow Line. The City of Walnut Creek provides a complimentary County Connect shuttle that runs from the BART station to multiple stops in Downtown Walnut Creek.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for all of Broadway Plaza in front of PF Chang's. Complimentary parking is available in Broadway Plaza at the Main Street lot.
A word from NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Walnut Creek
Appetite for excellence. Take lunching to the next level at NM Cafe®, our elegant restaurant at Neiman Marcus Walnut Creek. Retreat to a refined atmosphere with an innovative menu selection. Taste one of our exquisite seasonal entrée selections or experience the famous chicken salad. all accompanied by chicken broth and popovers. It's the perfect choice for any special occasion or for turning an ordinary day into something wonderful.Continued
Let the NM Cafe® host your next Baby or Bridal Shower. We have the perfect atmosphere and menu for you and your guests.
Let the NM Cafe® host your next Baby or Bridal Shower. We have the perfect atmosphere and menu for you and your guests.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (32)special occasion (12)great for brunch (11)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- SHUBUGSHUBUGDined on 10/16/2014The NM Cafe is one of the nicest places I know to have lunch. The service is outstanding, the food fresh and delicious, quiet atmosphere without loud music making the ambience perfect and it is located in a beautiful setting. I have two friends who always go with me for lunch and they agree the NM Cafe is a great place to go. I really recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Good food, expensive to be located in a small placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchFoodluverDined on 9/25/2014Excellent place to meet friends and have a relaxed delicious lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014All staff are always polite focus is on excellent customer service. Great place for a special occasion and brunch/Special Features:
- Love it hereJoojDined on 9/20/2014The puff bread and strawberry butter is absolutely delicious. They were out of mahi mahi for my fish tacos even though we were one of the first customers of the day, but waiter proposed salmon instead. Overall delicious food, excellent service, and beautiful surroundings. Love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always First Class!DianeDined on 9/18/2014My favorite place for lunch. Great ambiance and the service is always outstanding. The menu offers many selections of tasty fresh food and I love the tradition of starting the meal with a demitasse of consommé and popover with strawberry butter. Service is well-timed to each diner's pace. If you are just grabbing a quick bite on a one-hour lunch you can get in and get out quickly or if you have the whole afternoon to linger you won't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nieman Marcus Cafe Walnut CreekHappyNanaDined on 9/10/2014My Granddaughter and I have lunch here at least once a month! They have a yummy and reasonable "kids menu" so I can indulge and she is happy. She loves to go browse the toy section and especially loves the acrylic butterflies above the escalator.Special Features:
- menu & servicefafeedbackDined on 8/29/2014We loved the drink menu...super for a girlfriend special occasion. We ordered a craft of Bellinis which came in a tall slim cylinder! Gorgeous! We were celebrating a birthday. The lunch menu is perfect for women as well. I do think they are a bit over priced however. That's probably b/c it is a tiny space. The service is great...very knowledgeable and eager to assist. They gave our birthday girl her choice off the dessert menu. Nice touch instead of assuming she wanted "usual" ice cream with a candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Keep Coming Back for More!!!NMCafe4MeDined on 8/29/2014As a special treat, two friends of mine and I periodically plan lunch at the NM Café. We have done this for the past couple years, and we keep coming back for more! The NM Café is a wonderful place to enjoy a beautifully presented and delicious lunch. The service is exemplary--all employees are friendly, responsive, and welcoming. We especially LOVE Irene. She could teach a Master's course on the subtleties of the BEST in customer service. She is the epitome of EXCELLENCE, and I simply cannot find enough superlatives to appropriately describe her consistently outstanding attention to detail. She makes us want to keep coming back for more, and so we do, and we will continue to do so! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the NM Café to all!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Very nice peaceful lunch spot with a good variety of food to appeal to everyone and helpful friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Pongee13VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great for lunch with girlfriends to catch up on life...no pressure to leave.Special Features:
- An oasisKathieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Calm away from the hustle bustle of Broadway Plaza. Nice menu. Always well presented and delicious. Finally got the popover recipe right.Special Features:
- Popover heavenAliceVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love the popovers, love the lobster chowder. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiefoodieDined on 8/2/2014I had the Lobster spaghetti-over cooked, not enough lobster to even mention;had bad stomachache afterwards;my daughter's chicken salad was good;service since end of day was spotty;had to ask for a dessert menu and asked for more drink when we were ready to pay not 20 minutes earlier; better in the SF NM cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef can do better.mouse1Dined on 8/2/2014I took my sister to the cafe for her birthday. The extra complementary popovers, consume and mints was a fantastic surprise and at the end of the meal my sister was presented with a Neiman Marcus bag filled with fresh baked chocolate cookies. She was thrilled and for that alone I highly recommend the cafe for a special occasion lunch. However, the Fish Tacos had little taste. Come on chef you can do better! The service could not have been better. Please remember to leave a big Tip!!!Special Features:
- Ladies who lunchLetsEatVIPDined on 7/29/2014Love NM. A bit pricey but nice being pampered in an elegant setting. Food is good and sometimes very good. Love the popovers and consumme. This is my 13 year old granddaughter's favorite place and she loves the chocolate chip cookies for dessert.Special Features:
- Great FoodBlackhawkVIPDined on 7/23/2014Neiman Marcus food is ALWAYS consistantly good. Always. It doesn't matter what location.Special Features:
- Perfect Mother Daughter LunchWorkingMomDined on 7/6/2014Had lunch with my mom here on a Sunday at noon. Turned out we really needed a reservation - few tables, and popular. They were serving both brunch and lunch. It's not where you go for 'cheap eats,' but the value and quality for the $ is very high. For $17, I had a sandwich, salad, cup of soup and small cup of fresh fruit in a beautiful plating arrangement. Also quite delicious. The hot popovers when you sit down is such a great tradition. Noise level was very good - could have a private conversation without raising our voices over the din. Ambiance is bright, light, modern nook on the 2nd floor of the store - small footprint but well designed, well executed. Recommend!Special Features:
- The following 69 reviews are from the NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Walnut Creek reviews archive.
- Delightful SpotCrayonDined on 6/29/2014Wonderful place for Sunday brunch for small groups. Excellent food (forget the calorie counting). Perfect popovers. This is the first time I visited, will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet lunchjewelgirlDined on 6/25/2014A nice and quiet place to have lunch and visit with a friend. Excellent menu as well. My favorite lunch spot in Walnut CreekSpecial Features:
- Neiman MarcuswineanddineVIPDined on 6/1/2014Always a great place to dine with friends. The popovers and chicken broth are complimentary and delicious! Fresh ingredients in the dishes and the service is always very nice.Special Features:
- my birthday lunchtrixieDined on 5/29/2014The food was good but I feel the prices were over price especially the salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IreneDined on 5/20/2014NM Cafe is one of the best restaurants in the area. The food is good, the seating is nice and the service is friendly! I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Treated my Mom to a late Mother's Day Affair. She had a great time, service was fantastic and food was great. She left feeling like a Queen. Thanks,Special Features:
- Great place for lunchAnnie72Dined on 5/18/2014Went for lunch here recently with my mother and teenage daughter. Great food, wonderful service, and Neiman Marcus's signature chicken consommé and popovers with strawberry cream cheese--yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to NM serviceDisappointedVIPDined on 5/13/2014I've eaten at the NM Cafe numerous times and our service was horrible this week. The server wasn't new, and everything was off. I hope this isn't a preview of things to come at one of my favorite lunch spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nm cafe experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014thank you for having reservations... that helped... food good... the ac was up so high it was freezing... the soup I ordered was good.... but came too soon without the sandwich so it was cold and then the waiter nuked it instead of me giving me another bowl to go with my late sandwich:( for a $200 plus lunch it could have been better... the choclate mints were sweet and thoughtful thank you dr. rivkaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything was delicious and the service was great. I made the mistake of ordering the $27 Seafood Louie, (I misread the menu price) which had three prawns and MAYBE 1/3 cup of crab meat, 1/4 of an avocado, a few cherry tomatoes and one hard-boiled egg. It was "uncomposed", so I had to cut each item up. Definitely the only thing wrong with this visit was paying $27 for so little.Special Features:
- Lunch at Neiman Marcus CafeFarmerRKDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I went on a friend's recommendation (reservations are a good idea since the capacity is not big). The popovers were excellent. He had gumbo, chicken (Mediterranean spices) with rice, and creme brûlée for dessert (delicious) -- they were all very good. I had hamburger with french fries -- the meat patty was well spiced and had that homemade taste to it, the bun was very soft and a little sweet; the french fries were hot and crispy. Service was attentive and prompt (they brought a second popover when we requested it). The clientele was mainly women, the atmosphere was casual, portions were big, prices were slightly higher than comparable places. All in all, it was a great experience, we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food and serviceWildElkVIPDined on 4/22/2014Have had lunch here twice. Food is wonderful!! Those poppvers are delicious. Service is a class act. No complaints. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmlhincaDined on 4/12/2014For the money I wish I had gone somewhere else. Perhaps I was expecting too much or ordered the wrong dish.
- Girl's lunchjewelgirlDined on 4/2/2014This is my favorite spot to have lunch with girlfriends in Walnut Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service impeccableJetbizDined on 4/2/2014Tables are beautifully set, service and food quality could not have been better. Not suitable for children, who accounted for the noise level. Please leave your kids at home. Beautiful lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Encore! Brava! Thank you!NMCafe4MeDined on 3/28/2014I have eaten at the Café at Neiman Marcus in Walnut Creek many times with different groups composed of people in their 20s to those in their 70s, and I have always appreciated the delicious, beautifully presented meals and consistently superb service. Each person with whom I have dined has thoroughly enjoyed her/his dining experience. While all of the staff is excellent, Irene is a most outstanding and professional server--so exceptional that I never fail to request one of her tables. Each and every detail is addressed with expert skill, and her warm personality makes all of us feel welcome. Thank you for providing such a delightful dining experience in Walnut Creek--I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday LunchCarolDined on 3/17/2014A friend who had yet to have lunch at the NM Cafe agreed to have a birthday lunch with friends and could not have been more pleased. Not only is the food always delicious, the service--and that includes all involved--can not be more gracious. This is a delightful place to relax, enjoy friends, and have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden SecretDeniseVIPDined on 3/14/2014A quiet, peaceful, lovely place for lunch, great for a ladies' lunch visit or a sweet, romantic sit-down, just elegant enough without being pretentious and delicious food. Prices not cheap, but very reasonable for what you get. I love NM Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy a good meal without the driveCavemanFamilyDined on 3/8/2014NM cale's are known for great food and ambiance - however, often times we have to drvie to the city of SF. With this restaurant 20 min away in a "small" NM we really enjoy the food, the expierence and the shopping. We make this an every two month trip just to get our and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, special1fanofdiningVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wonderful service, special treat when shoping. Had toddler and they were very attentive to her.Special Features:
- Ladies who lunchOlliemacDined on 3/7/2014If you like to lunch with friends, this is the perfect spot. Great food, great, friendly service. best of all you can take your time without feeling rushed at all. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladies who lunchNMlunchDined on 2/28/2014the food was good , but the service took over an hour for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.