601 Murray Circle
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cavallopoint.com/dine.html
- Phone: 4153394750
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Sunday, 7am – 11am
Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 2pm
Saturday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 5:30pm – 9pm
Friday & Saturday, 5:30pm – 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Justin Everett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us in Farley Bar every Monday, 7pm - 9:30pm for an evening of vibrant live music. Complimentary – all are welcome.
A word from Murray Circle
Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, under the direction of Executive Chef Justin Everett is one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Murray Circle features a locally sourced, down to earth menu served in an elegant and historic dining room with casual and attentive service. Whether escaping your home kitchen mid-week or celebrating a special occasion, Murray Circle and Farley Bar offer a personable retreat. Located above Farley Bar, The Cooking School at Cavallo Point offers hands-on, demonstration and celebrity guest chef classes for cooks of all levels.Continued
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Murray Circle - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Murray Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (163)scenic view (157)fit for foodies (131)romantic (129)great for outdoor dining (106)great for lunch (91)great for brunch (86)notable wine list (81)good for groups (52)vibrant bar scene (37)kid-friendly (29)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)Show More
- UniqueconaisseurDined on 9/11/2014loved the presentation and excellent starter but found the duck too undercooked and lacked crispy skin. Did not like the ceiling lighting in large second dining room; not at all intimate.Special Features:
- I love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Wanted to just fall asleep on the lounge chairs. Beautiful close-up view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Really delicious food and good wine choices.Special Features:
- Sam BeckettJoeConradDined on 9/11/2014Excels in ambiance, of course. Service is now more finely tuned. The standard lunch was quality fish and the other dishes just fine. Lack of reservations for deck is troubling because I had very special guests. Perhaps more clarity on how one gets to deck would be good. If it is $$$, be clear about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Niiiice Place!JamesVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went on a sunny day, it's a beautiful place to walk before/after lunch! The food was very good. The service was attentive and unobtrusive. One order of fries is enough for like 5 people; rich flavor and a big portion. A couple of things I had I would pass on next time, not because they weren't good quality, just not my thing (chips and dip) but there are enough choices to keep trying...Special Features:
- Still WonderfulMVFanVIPDined on 9/8/2014I was concerned about booking for our anniversary last night, based on a number of recent diner reviews that had significant issues with service or food. I have to say Murray Circle exceeded our expectations. We were seated immediately and had very active, and professional service all night. Jocelyn was our server and quite good, knew the wines, and made good suggestions. Very flexible on special requests. The food was also very good, paced well & delivered hot and perfectly cooked. The front room was fully booked and they had four events going on upstairs, including a wedding. Next time, we'll spend the night and expand our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming historical settinghungrygrannyDined on 9/8/2014We had dinner at Murray circle while staying at the Cavallo point lodge. The historical building is very interesting and nicely restored . The dining room is made up of two large rooms and several smaller rooms.There was a wonderfully talented pianist playing non stop but not too loud and the restaurant is blessedly quiet. The menu is small but varied. We found the food well flavored and seasonally appropriate although not particularly creative. My husbands duck breast could have been a little more tender .Special Features:
- Worth the drive in from Napa!DrLahniDined on 9/6/2014We live in Napa so excellent food and service is a way of life for us. For my husband's birthday, he requested lunch at Murray Circle! We have loved this restaurant for a very long time and have many fond memories since one of the original chefs was a dear friend. The food and service is still perfect. The wine list is a gem, even for a jaded Napan. They always get it right. Don't miss the warm olive and hummus appetizer. Delicious and quite a lot. And the homemade potato chips served alongside the sandwiches are worth the trip by themselves.Special Features:
- awesome hotel- but restaurant poorAsh523VIPDined on 9/5/2014We loved our stay at Cavello Point but the Murray Circle restaurant was a big disappointment. We made reservations weeks in advance only to show up and be given a seat in the middle of the room not less than 12 inches from the next table. No privacy at all. Service was very poor, waiter pretty much ignored us and finally had to ask for the check. Food was very boring. Salmon had no flavor and steak was seasonless and one of the worst we have had. Will not go back.
- birthday "show and tell"onoliciousDined on 9/5/2014The 3 Fox sisters met for a double birthday lunch in the little fireplace room, all to ourselves. and sat back with leisurely wine and pistachios while studying the view of the bay, the bridges, and the interesting menu, changing our minds several times. The sweet waiter forbore. We were catered to in every way. I chose the lentil veggie burger which was huge, tasty, and greatly pepped up by the red pepper flakes the waiter provided-- leftovers relished at dinner. We each thought we'd ordered the best thing. A little plate of sweets for the birthday girls arrived with our coffees. Tiny homemade treats! Everybody working at Murray Circle is personable and eager to inform and indulge. A wonderful find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoulouDined on 9/5/2014Not as impressed with lunch as with a previous dinner. I brought 8 women here and requested a round table by the window 2 months ago. Was given a table in the middle of the room and told there were other groups coming. Nevertheless, the dining room is lovely, not overcrowded and not too noisy. My grilled bread had much the same salad as my grilled squid which was delicious, but the salad made the bread soggy. Would have appreciated a little guidance from the waiter. But it's a beautiful setting as the fog lifts - almost ethereal. I'll be back, it's especially romantic for two at night by the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!HammersVIPDined on 9/4/2014This was our 3rd time here and as usual everything was exquisite. Such a nice touch to be given a glass of Prosecco to begin our meal. The oysters appetizers were oh-so-fresh, duck breast by far the best anywhere, chocolate assortment a perfect ending to a perfect meal. We'll be back! And back.......Special Features:
- CelebrationljzcDined on 9/3/2014It was our anniversary and I wanted to get out of the City. It was a great experience and I'll be coming out to try Farley Bar and lunch here as well. Low key but elegant. Loved the live music.Special Features:
- BreakfastDinnerClubDined on 9/1/2014We has breakfast inside. Food was fine. Either our waiter or kitchen staff forgot items from both my and my husband's orders. Both mishaps were quickly rectified. Service staff was friendly. View of Golden Gate Bridge if you can sit outside is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray Circle Has Lost It!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/29/2014Waiter forgot to serve one salad that was ordered. The boar ribs were almost pure fat. The pork tasting was equally bad. After ordering a $125 bottle of wine the waiter neglected to eliminate the $25 corkage for the bottle of wine brought. When Joseph Humphrey ran the kitchen the food was outstanding.
- Excellence at Murray CircleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Can't say enough about our lovely dinner at Murray Circle. Service was excellent, dinner was perfect, and respect for 2 our of GF diners was also evident by the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and settingDyanDined on 8/28/2014We had a wonderful luncheon where the food, setting and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great Food & ViewSpearfishDined on 8/27/2014Three of us went to lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the adventure. We had the special tasting menu consisting of cold tomato soup, homemade chips and onion dip, fresh lettuce salad and day boat scallops. Wonderfully prepared and served. You can eat in a lovely dining room or on the porch looking across the bay to San Francisco. This is a repurposed Army base that is also a hotel, spa and lovely grounds for walking. Beautifully done. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingDanielbwoodsDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I have loved coming to Murray Circle for over a year, but I have to say that we're a little more disappointed with every visit. We stopped by the bar before diner for cocktails, and the bartender was aloof and showed little interest in discussing the selection of gin (or anything else) even though there were only 5 people at the entire bar. $13 gin & tonics might at least be served with a smile. In the dining room they seem bent on making their menu overly exotic. How about a simple salad? Perhaps a soup? Or maybe some asparagus? Not a chance. The wine list is loaded with wines in the $200 to $2,000 range, but only a small percentage of their bottles are in the $65 to $120 range. No wonder half the tables were open.Special Features:
- Wonderful gem of a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014I love this place. I live in SF and make the trek across the bridge any time I can for business breakfast, brunch, special occasions and non occasions. I've introduced this to locals who never been and out of towers alike. This is a favorite place to have any meal either in the bar or on the porch. You can enjoy the views or the interior, overall it's a very special place where you can just escape the city and have a nice meal, drink and lounge, while soaking in the views of SF across the Bay, the GG bridge, and the overall lovely property. I live just miles away and like it so much, I've stayed here. I definitely love this place. The service needs some fine tuning.Special Features:
- gourmetmonsterDined on 8/22/2014The food is worth the effort to get there. The wine list is extensive. While some of my favorites were missing, there were plenty of interesting choices available. Prices ran from moderate to "oh my god". Service was pleasant. Friendly staff were quite attentive. It's a good restaurant, go there and enjoy yourself.Special Features:
- Murray Circle in the woodsxdanvilleiteDined on 8/22/2014An adventure just getting to the restaurant, but you arrive, and again it's a lovely surprise. (my 3rd visit). Our server was from Instanbul and I could have eaten him he was so adorable. An exceptional meal for both my friend and I. We declined dessert, but 'adorable' still brought us a couple of truffles and a very thin chocolate slice with 'Happy Birthday' across it. A lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- Remarkable National Park diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Not only are you in the Ft. Baker National Park, under the Golden Gate Bridge, but this fantastic setting includes wonderful lodging and dining in one of the refurbished military buildings. Know that this restaurant features creative culinary offerings, including that trendy "marrow" and interesting infusions, combinations and flavors. You won't be disappointed unless you order french fries or mac and cheese. Even kids wouldn't eat them here.Special Features:
- Impressively delicious!firefoodyumDined on 8/17/2014Wow, what a find. This was quite a surprise to find a restaurant that had excellent service, amazing views of the Bay, classy setting and impressively delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Murray CircleEsticDined on 8/17/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. The food is excellent and the service is stellar. The waiters are not in a rush so you can relax and enjoy your meal and company. We ordered half dozen oysters to start, main entrees of grilled halibut and poached salmon with a delightful white wine that worked perfectly. We stayed in San Francisco and I recommend this restaurant not only for the great food and service but to also experience driving over the Golden Gate Bridge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- murray circlefood4usDined on 8/17/2014The setting and the meal were very good. We were celebrating a birthday and it turned out to be a perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray Circle is Superb!MariniteDined on 8/17/2014Excellent menu choices and everything ordered was scrumptious. Superb service! We will certainly re-visit Murray Circle.Special Features:
- Sorry to reviewLocalVIPDined on 8/17/20146 for brunch. Food cold, not lukewarm, COLD. Cold poached eggs are disgusting. Gravy cold and biscuits hard. Potato cakes cold in center, and sausage must have been sitting for hours. Cold and hard. Waffles still runny in middle. Service non-existent, so by the time someone returned to table, too late to send things back. Had already waited too long just to order. Sad, as fabulous view and have had good meals in past. Asked for "birthday" dessert that never came.Special Features:
- Beutiful LocationDinerDined on 8/16/2014Go here for the beautiful grounds, historic buildings and views. Really lovely. We went for brunch. Wait staff were nice but it seemed the only person (of many)we saw more than once was the fellow filling the coffee cups - always nice. I rarely order omelets because they are usually too dry. Even after I requestsed"soft' and he said "no problem", I received a dried out hard coked omelet wrappped around the veggies. (haven't chefs even read Julia Childs?) We had to ask for each accoutrement: toast, butter, jelly, extra cream. But it is worth seeing once.Special Features:
- MrChoctawDined on 8/15/2014Murray Circle is a quiet, sophisticated and quality eatery with a great location and an awesome view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snocatDined on 8/14/2014Among the very short list of true crowned jewels in the bay area, Murray Circle is a special place serving incredible cuisine with stellar service.Special Features:
- A Real TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great food. I highly recommend the pork taster and the fish stew if they are still serving them. The bone marrow was amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.MartyDined on 8/10/2014The food at this restaurant was rather pedestrian. Ingredients were good quality but the meals were boring. The $17 hamburger for lunch was not as the $6 burgers at Phyllis. The Huevos Rancheros were a poor imitation of this flavorful Latin dish. I had an excellent hash two years ago, but it is gone from the menu now.
- Lovely ambience; service problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014Beautiful dining room in what was probably the administrative building of the military installation. But, we had NO service for the first 10 minutes, not even the waiter's acknowledgement of our presence. Then, slow service. I finally went to the check in desk to say that they needed to please take care of business and that the service was impersonal. Within a few minutes, the manager came to our table and asked everyone (we had a 7 person group), "I heard there is a problem with the service." Sorry, but that is idiotic , and a perfect way to ruin the ambience and good feeling of a special occasion. Completely indiscreet and amateurish. Otherwise, this would have been an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for dinner, not brunchmtf419VIPDined on 8/9/2014We went for brunch, and the ambiance and locale was as upscale civilized as I remembered it from past dinners (note that there are a lot of tourists, so the baseball caps and sweatpants on the younger crowd belies the fanciness a bit). The brunch offerings had all of the traditional favorites, but the preparation was just so-so. My waffle was hard, as though it had been prepared several hours before and left sitting under a heat lamp. Service was okay, but not on par with what I'd expect from this caliber of restaurant. I will return for dinner, but likely not for brunch.
- UnderwhelmingBridget1Dined on 8/3/2014Dinner was OK. Odd ingredient combinations for some dishes. Service OK at first, looong wait for check Manager apologetic. Breakfast blah. Smoked salmon omelet, omelet with smoked salmon and pickled onions folded in middle, wtf. Couple next to us waited more than an hour for order.Special Features:
- Was expecting moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Food was just okay and I had heard such great things. Went for brunch. Service was good, atmosphere was great. Wine list was impressive, but way way marked up. I'll be back, but not for the dining room experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014We had a small bridal shower at Murry Circle. After a few phone calls Devon got us situated in a great table on the patio when we arrived. Unfortunately we were having a foggy summer day and it was freezing. The wait staff moved us into the lounge where we sat near the fire. It was perfect! The food was great and our server Fredrick was awesome. We make it over to Cavallo Point as often as possible and will definitely continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchmcheeDined on 8/3/2014Was disappointed especially when there was a hair in the waffle batter. So disgusting. Will never go back the cooks should wear nets over their hair
- Fabulous Food, outstanding serviceFoodie4sureVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my second visit to Murray Circle. It was very good the first time. The second visit topped the first. They offer a menu that I could go on and on about from the delectable bone marrow and delicious halibut to the chocolate served 3 ways. But what impressed me even more is the service staff. They are the ultimate example in providing an exceptional dining experience. Our server, Jose was attentive, engaging, knowledgable and made our dining experience so memorable. Big kudos to Murray Circle. They do it right in every way. I highly recommend this pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely settingcalifgalVIPDined on 7/29/2014as always, both the service and the food was excellentSpecial Features: